Mini Normal 1857 (Game Over - Mafia Wins!)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1426, gerryoat wrote:Why do you want drone?
Because he took no real major stance on Rb and coasted through the time.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VC 2.01
Titus (1)
: drealmerz7

NOT VOTING (10)
: Impoetic, Titus, ironstove, Drone, shannon, Sesq, Lil Uzi Vert, gerryoat, ssbm_Kyouko, TTTT

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-22 01:30:00)

I'm sleepy. Like all the time recently. Because it's SO FREAKING HOT IN AUSTRALIA.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1442, Sesq wrote:gerryoat: shit town play, there's no way to know strongarm here unless you're maf
>shit town play

>voting mafia the whole time

People on this site are stupid as fuck lmao. It's obvious since he claimed a PROTECTIVE ROLE. He would be the mafia hit. He had a BULLETPROOF SHOT. IT WOULD BE USED. Transcend isn't stupid. If you can't put 2+2 together you need to be mentored
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

gerry:

titus?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Sorry for saying that rudely. But let's think about this. He just claimed that he could protect people. It was obvious that he would be killed. So he had to have used his BP shot.

@Mod

Do BP shots get used automatically? Or does he have to say that he's using the BP shot that night.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1453, drealmerz7 wrote:gerry:

titus?
Don't like how she was so unwilling to vote rb
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

she wouldn't explain why she was TRing him either

repeatedly asked
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1403, gerryoat wrote:The gunsmith is so weird on this site. What's the point of checking if someone has a gun. Anyway, I think it's safe to say that someone has a gun lol. And mafia has a strongarm (prob 1 shot or 2 shot)
there are a variety of kill-types

knife, fire, poison, gun, rope - more if you get into themes of course, so a gunsmith is good for making the inv. role less powerful
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1454, gerryoat wrote:@Mod

Do BP shots get used automatically? Or does he have to say that he's using the BP shot that night.
In post 1399, JaeReed wrote:
Spoiler:
Welcome to Mini 1857, Transcend!
You are a
Town Jack of All Trades
Your abilities are:
1-Shot Bulletproof – You may activate this at night to make yourself impervious to one killing action that night.
1-Shot Jailkeeper – You may choose a player to jail at night, causing any actions by them or on them during that night phase to fail.
1-Shot Gunsmith – You may choose a player to investigate for a gun that night. Possible results are “Has a gun”, “Does not have a gun”, and “No result”.
You may activate only one ability per night.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is still alive.
The game thread is here.
Please confirm by responding to this PM with your role and alignment.
As stated in the flip.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by JaeReed »

^ To clarify, it is not passive and required manual activation, as per the wording in the role.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

he probably was sillyhead and thought he could pick the killer and tried to jail rather than BPed himself

but they also likely have 1x strongman like stated (I doubt 2, they probably just went for it to break his jail in case he hit them, not realizing he had a BP he not realizing they had a strongman, though with his JOAT he should have figured they'd have strongman, so, yeah, he probably realized he was fucked either way)
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

so yeah no sillyhead just deadhead
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1452, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1442, Sesq wrote:gerryoat: shit town play, there's no way to know strongarm here unless you're maf
>shit town play

>voting mafia the whole time

People on this site are stupid as fuck lmao. It's obvious since he claimed a PROTECTIVE ROLE. He would be the mafia hit. He had a BULLETPROOF SHOT. IT WOULD BE USED. Transcend isn't stupid. If you can't put 2+2 together you need to be mentored
voting mafia (and what was the biggest wagon) =/= good town play. I want reads.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by Titus »

@Drealmerz, Scum we're not biting on my counters, so it strongly suggested rb was town. Given rb was Scum, my next thought is why didn't they sheep me? We could argue my options were mostly right, but there's no way all were.

@Gerryoat, The theory is viable. It's the confidence that seems out of place.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Post by gerryoat »

It's what I'd do. And since i've played with Transcend a bunch on and off this site, I'm 99.999999999% sure that's what he'd do.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah, well I have learned the hard way, people don't do the smart thing sometimes and too smart to be town is plausible. I don't think you're scum but I cannot deny my radar pinging.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1449, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1448, Sesq wrote:
In post 1443, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My reads are all messed up right now but I'm pretty confident in Kyouko, Sesq, and Shannon for town.
Explain, please.
I like a lot of the effort that Kyouko is putting in to solving the game. It could be faked but I don't get that from him. He seems to be considering every and any angle, investigating and reevaluating as much as he can, and following up with actual cases that force everyone to engage with him and the game itself.

You still read quite new to me and I don't see any scum intent in your posts.

I've been informed that Shannon didn't go anywhere last night and while that doesn't confirm anything, it makes me a feel whole lot better about my meta read on her.
@LUV: What did you mean by "my reads are all messed up right now"? Also, are you: claiming tracker; claiming that there exists an amnesiac (I think that's the modifier that sends your results to another player at random) tracker; choosing not to reveal that much yet?

@Shannon: Feel free to not comment on this for now if you so choose. If you went somewhere last night and are comfortable revealing that then let us know so we can lynch a liar, but if it's not worth revealing yet hold off.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1459, JaeReed wrote:
^ To clarify, it is not passive and required manual activation, as per the wording in the role.

Could the bp be roleblocked?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Why would they roleblock and kill the same person, that's dumb. I don't understand why it's so hard to believe they might have strongman.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

BP is not roleblockable in Matrix6 (the Newbie setup) and the reasoning is that it's a "reflexive" ability so I don't know if that applies here since Transcend has to "activate" his BPness. I'd say it's safe to assume in a Normal game that BP can't be roleblocked. when JK jails RB and RB blocks JK in Matrix6, the jailing gets blocked and thus if the RB performs the kill that night it will succeed (unless he targets the 1-shot BP townie). Since we don't know if Transcend used his BP to protect himself or his JK to protect me (I'd like to think he would have, it would warm my heart), we have no way of actually
knowing
why he died yet. Strongman seems the most likely but we can't discount the possibility that mafia also have a JOAT to balance out the town JOAT. If so it would be standard for them to have a Ninja 1-shot as well, assuming they used their Strongman last night on Transcend. Also assuming that LUV is not lying about receiving Tracker information it would make sense for Mafia to have some sort of Ninja on their team. This could be in the form of two separate Mafia members (a strongman and a ninja and a goon) or a single JOAT and 2 goons. The Mod announced that daytalk would be on, which means an encryptor is most likely out of the question.

Potential setup:
1x Town JOAT
1x Town Tracker
8x VT

1x Mafia JOAT (Strongman, Ninja, Roleblocker?)
1x Mafia Rolecop
1x Mafia Goon

This would give both sides a JOAT and an investigative role, which seems pretty balanced to me. This is assuming LUV's shannon result is legit.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1467, Titus wrote:
In post 1459, JaeReed wrote:

Could the bp be roleblocked?
As it's an activated ability that does not make oneself untargetable; yes. It would resolve under NAR as a Protection.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

more likely mafia has factional use abilities, not a JOAT

balance is better when you don't lump the abilities onto 1 player for scum
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

Potential setup:
1x Town JOAT
1x Town Tracker
8x VT

1x Mafia JOAT (Strongman, Ninja, Roleblocker?)
1x Mafia Rolecop
1x Mafia Goon

that setup spec is not good

I'm figure LUV is scum (even scum-tracker, but not necessarily), claims result to clear scum-buddy figuring it is safe (doesn't actually claim a role) and with JOAT for town it is safe - if he is scumtracker even more confidence for him to claim a result on someone, and then it opens the possibility of him claiming it on a townie that he's got it on for the towncred
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:37 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I've only completed one game on this site and it's the only site I play on actually, the rest are ongoing. I don't know shit about balancing setups.

@Titus, TTTT, and the rest of the final 6 voting rb with me - What do you guys think about ironstove and drone voting for gerry yesterday with TTTT? We know rb is scum so since the Gerry wagon was the next-largest there was probably a scum trying to counterwagon him there. That puts one scum (2 would be very bold in case the rb lynch went through) in TTTT, ironstove, Drone.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Post by gerryoat »

if someone else is an investigation role, I say we lynch LUV cause I don't see 2 inv roles for town this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”