DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

All of this setup speculation is bad form overall.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:15 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 49, Aristophanes wrote:I've seen a good few scum neighbours/neighbourizers. I always find it odd when people discount the possibility.

In fact, I've been SK neighbourizer before!
One should never discount these possibilities!
I remember the time guy designed a game where 2 neighbours who flipped as such and were the only 1s in their hood.

I don't think that particular thing was ever repeated but the site has a long history of scum being neighbours/neighbourizers.
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am

Holy fucking shit.

Scum just saved themselves once again!
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:13 am

Welcome JaeReed! Unfortunately, you had just found a scum. They didn't know, but they decided to kill you anyways.
“Why was I chosen?'
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:47 am

Post by JaeReed »

Urgh hey.

Did they just get lucky or was it the newb cop tells? I was trying to not drop those so much while making my check clear should I die, but didn't anticipate how much it would shift my mindset.

Sorry Uzi. I did think about unvoting but honestly you ended up lynched because I didn't want people on piss and wanted to move into night phase. I also didn't want an uncertain factor in the game.

I think your play wasn't the issue so much as not claiming negative utility and trying to pretend you couldn't be night-killed.

I played like shit, bleh. I came so close D1 to blowing my top and saying "grays, you found your cop". :p
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

I'm not sure, tbh. I'm not very good with theory like that. I just go for practical results.
“Why was I chosen?'
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:37 am

Post by JaeReed »

The fact that they're not now focusing in the robots with a known clear there is kinda mind boggling to me.

That and Magna needing to go through looking for crumbs... I felt I was practically shoving my result down everyone's throats while I was alive.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 am

Post by JaeReed »

What were all the night actions N1 and 2?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Night 1 Actions:
JaeReed - Cops Pisskop - Result: Not an Asshole
Camn - Hides behind and Neighborizes Dunnstral - Fails
Nachomamma8 - Uses sensor on wagon - Fails
Lady Lambdadelta - Neighborizes MagnaofIllusion
Kraska77 - Commutes
Dunnstral - Upgrades Camn
Socrates - Kills Nachomamma8

Night 2 Actions:
JaeReed - Cops SpyreX - Fails
Camn - Hides behind and Neighborizes JaeReed - Fails
LLD - Neighborizes SpyreX
Socrates - Kills JaeReed
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:14 pm

In post 56, JaeReed wrote:The fact that they're not now focusing in the robots with a known clear there is kinda mind boggling to me.

That and Magna needing to go through looking for crumbs... I felt I was practically shoving my result down everyone's throats while I was alive.
Do you read Magna as scum?

Also, have you read the spoiler?
“Why was I chosen?'
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Considering Socrates submitted the kills and I copped scum, nope :P

I don't know if I'd read him as scum if I lived though. The spyrex cop would have all but confirmed dunn/camn to me based off setup spec. The hammer was sus but I can't see him making such a play as scum. Usually that kind of hammer comes from misguided setup spec, and I was on there for a lot of the same reasons. Socrates was looking sus because of the way he was pushing MoI but if I were still alive I'm not sure. MoI would probably still be on me in that case -.- kinda proven he wasn't paying attention to my posts.

Why did camn's neighborize on dunn fail?

Reading the roles now.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:04 pm

Camn failed because he was upgraded that night. That roleblocks him.

Also, if an X-Shot targets someone who died, their action is consumed, right?
“Why was I chosen?'
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Ahhh, right.

Hopefully Dunn doesn't upgrade SpyreX. Preferably camn manages to pull this one out and get him lynched.

Personally I'd have it be consumed in that case, yeah.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:32 pm

In post 62, JaeReed wrote:Ahhh, right.

Hopefully Dunn doesn't upgrade SpyreX. Preferably camn manages to pull this one out and get him lynched.

Personally I'd have it be consumed in that case, yeah.
Unfortunately, Camn doesn't quite seem to have enough credibility. They could get LLD in on it, and maybe a couple other people, but I don't think that would happen.

The only real chance I see is if Camn tries to 1v1 Spyre. Then they might have a chance. But otherwise, town will probably get sidetracked arguing about which of the super powerful roles are actually in the game. They are playing the "let's outsmart the mod" game far too much right now, and if scum takes advantage of it, they can easily pull this off.
“Why was I chosen?'
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 45, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 44, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I was trying to make scum think I was a confirmed town but no one brought it but looking back now the role was a little too unbelievable to be real.
Yeah, never claim unkillable unless you actually are. Those gambits never really work, and are more likely to get you killed than not.
Yeah I thought I could outsmart scum but I learned my lesson there. Really enjoyed the flavor behind the game, thought I would have been confirmed town when we all revealed to Dunn.
In post 46, pirate mollie wrote:welcome uzi!

sorry you got lynched :(
Hey!

It's alright, I played awful lol
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:42 am

So, responding to the claims that scum can't target anyone.

They have no nonkilling abilities. Ascetic is strictly NU this game. Additionally, in spite of all the commuters and bulletproof, May was originally supposed to have the vanillla hider mechanic of dying when their host is killed, but I forgot that in the last iteration of the role.

Whoops.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:58 am

Post by pirate mollie »

whoops

welcome jae, I was cheering hard for you! <3

ds you might wanna update the title and the who is dead on the front page in order to reflect the current gamestate. :]
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:59 am

In post 66, pirate mollie wrote:whoops

welcome jae, I was cheering hard for you! <3

ds you might wanna update the title and the who is dead on the front page in order to reflect the current gamestate. :]
Oh yes. I always forget the titles.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:02 am

It's updated now.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:10 am

Post by pirate mollie »

ty <3
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:15 pm

In post 989, camn wrote:There is something weird about this game, no?
Well, yes. I suppose. It's my first non-normal game, and I really went all out with the chaos this time. But I like how it's turning out. I really hope they are.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:06 am

Firebringer and mollie, since you have no real dog in this game, I need your opinion on this.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:At least one
Robot
is scum, almost certainly.
Should robot have been capitalized in this context? I would say no, as, for starters, it was never used as a proper noun previously.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:18 am

Post by pirate mollie »

ds I am not sure exactly what you are asking! :(

magna is so freaking articulate, my god

still rooting for camn, kraska and spyrella and socrates. teehee
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:24 pm

This is for LLD's post restriction. If it should not have been capitalized, then I will need to roll for her ability tonight.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:30 pm

As for Magna, he's good at writing a lot, but most of that is false. Camn has been one of the most town players this game. Additionally, he said "or the next day". This is incredibly scummy (or, since I know what's going on, closed minded). He's twisting what Camn says to lynch him.
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “Completed Game Topics”