DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 24, pirate mollie wrote:hold on

it is about to get better!

they are mass flavour claiming now
Haha, I'm glad I saved some major characters for the fakeclaims.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:04 am

Oh shoot. I just realized that Flavorclaiming causes a massive disadvantage for the scumteam. It's unlikely that they will ever get their strongman enabled at this point. Welp, gotta change a fakeclaim.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:01 am

Scum just screwed themselves by not bussing. Unless they kill a certain player tonight, a whopping 6 people are cleared.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:38 am

Post by pirate mollie »

yikes

welcome ari!
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:42 am

Scum more than likely loses already. Only one of them is townread by any sizable portion of the game, and we've already got a decent townbloc. They have to hope for sensor kill, and then hider kill the next night to have a chance, really.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:25 am

Post by pirate mollie »

ohhhhh

I forgot about dat sensor
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:25 am

Post by pirate mollie »

poor scum :(
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:10 am

In post 30, pirate mollie wrote:ohhhhh

I forgot about dat sensor
Yeah, I had banked on the probability that there would be a mislynch D1 (since there were 3 in 4 odds of that). I didn't anticipate lurker-tells.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11 am

Luckily, that was the scum's weakest role, as far as I can tell. If Spyre can get townread, then he should become significantly more powerful.

Although, at this point, the scum are really on the clock.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:11 pm

HO HO!

Scum has a chance. They changed their night kill to Nacho (the sensor).
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

smart move on their part; nacho wld have knocked the game out of the ballpark I think. he is a very strong player.
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:30 pm

In post 35, pirate mollie wrote:smart move on their part; nacho wld have knocked the game out of the ballpark I think. he is a very strong player.
People keep saying that but I've just never seen it.. in both the games I was with them in, they've been decent, but not the best around.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 am

Welcome Aristophanes and Nachomamma8! Sorry about that Aristophanes. I gave you perms, but I never sent out the message.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:03 am

Ah, pisskop didn't send in an action. And he's the doctor. JUST GREAT!
“Why was I chosen?'
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Not to worry DS!

Sorry about my poor showing everyone. I think Scum can come back from this though!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:39 am

I love how this is panning out.

Because of how the roles came out, ascetic is strictly negative utility for town.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:15 am

Welcome, Lil Uzi Vert

Nice job, Uzi. I wish you had used your ability last night, because that would have made things much more interesting (and probably would have saved your life, but whatevs), but I'm still pretty impressed with how you played this game, especially having never heard of you before.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:19 am

This quote is from LLD and MoI's PT right now, and I find it very funny.

Spoiler: quote
In post 10, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So I just finished hammering LUV. His claim is not Town at all based on my role and what we have seen so far.

I look forward to discussing stuff with you overnight. I'll be back once Diamond finalizes the lynch and we get a flip to work with.

I wish they would stop trying to guess what I was thinking when I made this.

First off, I love chaos. My mafia games thrive off of chaos, so my roles will do good to cause that, while at the same time maintaining proper balance. Admittedly Nacho's role threw this game's balance off, and I underestimated just how powerful it was, but it didn't wreck this game, so that's great.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:20 am

Additionally, Magna's role has no bearing on whether you were town or not. But, you probably should have clarified that you were ascetic. Not untargettable. Although there is a role in the game that is!
“Why was I chosen?'
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I was trying to make scum think I was a confirmed town but no one brought it but looking back now the role was a little too unbelievable to be real.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:17 am

In post 44, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I was trying to make scum think I was a confirmed town but no one brought it but looking back now the role was a little too unbelievable to be real.
Yeah, never claim unkillable unless you actually are. Those gambits never really work, and are more likely to get you killed than not.
“Why was I chosen?'
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:04 am

Post by pirate mollie »

welcome uzi!

sorry you got lynched :(
whew!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:11 pm

And now the scum's trying to outthink me.

Although I can provide a direct counter example to this.
In post 63, Socrates wrote:Okay, then it seems like Camn, Dunn, and MOI are all off the table tonight? We want to make sure you get upgraded. Dunn might have just gotten roleblocked, but I'm not sure why a pro-town role would do that. It's seems unlikely he would have elected not to do anything, unless he's hiding something.

Kraska I don't want confirmed for now, and we can't be sure she's a safe kill besides.

Jae apparently has some info, but whatever it was made him desperately not want to lynch a robot. I'm not sure what that could mean.

Lady sounds like she was a neighborizer? It's confirmable, and I don't remember scum neighborizer's were ever a thing? Does she need to die?
Cyberpunk Mafia: Frozen Angel and Shiro in their hydra had a neighborizer as SK.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:11 pm

I like to think I've done a good job when people try to outthink me and are terribly horribly wrong.
“Why was I chosen?'
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I've seen a good few scum neighbours/neighbourizers. I always find it odd when people discount the possibility.

In fact, I've been SK neighbourizer before!
One should never discount these possibilities!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Completed Game Topics”