Mini 535: Pick Your Poison 2 (Game Over!)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Mini 535: Pick Your Poison 2 (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Patrick »

Pick your Poison Mafia. A nice, nonviolent, no blood game of mafia. The good guys are all very generous people, and are willing to give the mafia a chance by giving them certain perks. The mafia is not lacking in generosity either, and will be fully equipping the town for the battle ahead. Plus, like the mod wrote in Pick Your Poison 1, it'll look better on their records when they defeat you.

The setting is a nice big lounge in somebody's house, with easily enough room for twelve people. The game is being played Face to Face, but mith's card set doesn't have the right cards for lots of the roles in this game, so you'll have to use your imaginations on that front. Players who are killed will have to leave the room, but to make up for that, they will be shown to the kitchen, where they can sample a selection of scones and cookies, baked by Ether. The cookies may have been poisoned, the scones are definitely ok.

--------------------------------------------

WARNING: SPOILER FURTHER DOWN

-------------------------------------------

Alive
(5/12)

3) YvonneSeer - Vanilla Townie - Survived
4) Yosarian2 (replacing Lulubelle who replaced thedragonsprincess) - Vanilla Townie - Survived
7) Porochaz - Vanilla Townie - Survived
11) scotmany12 - Vanilla Townie - Survived
12) Ether - Vanilla Townie/Mason - Survived

Dead
(7/12)

9) skitzer - Cop - lynched day 1

2) Gorrad - Mafia Godfather - lynched day 2

10) Bookitty (replacing tails3535) - Vanilla Townie - killed night 2

1) JDodge - Weak Doctor - killed night 2

6) Setael (replacing ckillor) - Mafia Encryptor - lynched day 3

8) Mizzy (replacing perfect628) - Masoniser - killed night 3

5) eldarad (replacing JordanA24) - Mafia Goon - lynched day 4

Game Status: Game Over
Last edited by Patrick on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 am, edited 36 times in total.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Patrick »

Standard Rules

1.) This game is a day start.
2.) During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes must be in the form
Vote: Player
otherwise they won't be counted. It would be helpful if players unvote when switching their votes.
3.) When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into night. Players can still talk during twilight.
4.) If discussion is lagging or the day is dragging, I may set a deadline. It takes fewer votes than a majority to deadline lynch a player.
5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
6.) Once dead, you stop posting. A bah post is fine though.
7.) If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
8.) Try to post at least once every 48 hours. Treat the game as a committment. If you go inactive, you will be replaced.
9.) I'll try to post votecounts as often as possible. Feel free to ask for a votecount at any time. Disappointingly, I may make mistakes. Point them out very gently.
10.) Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc.
11.) Have fun!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Patrick »

Special Rules

The following information is unique to this game. It is recommended you read it carefully.

This game has a semi open setup. There will be 3 mafia members, 3 protown poweroles and 6 vanilla townies. At the start of the game, every player will receive one of the following PMs:

Mafia (3) wrote:You are a member of the mafia, along with X and Y. Each night, you may talk in private to your partners, and choose a player who you wish to kill. You may also choose to submit a no kill. Before all that happens however, the three of you have a very important decision to make. During the pregame stage, you have to choose which 3 poweroles to give the town, from the list of 5 given in my post. You may not choose the same powerole twice. Because of the importance of the decision, I will want confirmations from all three of you on the choice being made.

You win when the town no longer has the majority.
Powerole (3) wrote:You are a protown powerole. Unfortunately, you don't know what you are yet. The mafia will be choosing the town poweroles during the pregame stage, and when that's done, you will be assigned one. Note that you won't know what your role is until day 1 starts.

You win when the mafia has been eliminated.
Vanilla (6) wrote:You are a vanilla townie. No special abilities, no nightactions. You have the ability to speak and vote during the day.

You win when the mafia has been eliminated.

During the pregame stage, the mafia will choose 3 poweroles from the list of 5 given below. As stated in the mafia PM, they cannot choose the same role twice. The mafia have up to 96 hours to make their decision. If anyone needs any clarification on any of the abilities, feel free to ask me.
Cop wrote:Your are a cop. Each night you may investigate another player and I will give you a mafia/non mafia result. Unfortunately, your sanity is not assured. You have a 50% chance of being sane, and a 50% chance of being insane.
Doctor wrote:You are a doctor. Each night you may choose a player to protect, any nightkills against them that night will fail. You may protect yourself once during the course of the game.

Weak Doctor wrote:You are a weak doctor. Each night you may choose a player to protect, any nightkills against them that night will fail. If you choose to protect someone who is part of the mafia, you will die that night. You may not protect yourself.

Vig wrote:You are a vigilante. Each night you may choose to kill another player, although you do not have to. You can only kill once per night.
Masoniser wrote:You are a masoniser. Once during the game, at night, you may attempt to setup a masonry with another player. If that player is protown, you will succeed and may talk to them on all subsequent nights. (If they are later nightkilled, they will show up as being a mason as well as their old role). If you try to setup a masonry with a member of the mafia, the attempt will fail. In either case, you will not be able to try again.

Once the mafia has chosen 3 poweroles, day 0 will begin. During day 0, every player has to vote for 2 abilities/perks to give the mafia, from the list given below. Voting will be conducted as normal, except that everyone will have two votes, since you're selecting two things. A player may not use both their votes on the same perk/ability. The same ability cannot be given twice.

GF wrote:Godfather abilities. The mafia member who receives these will be immune to both nightkills and cop investigations.

Rolecop wrote:Rolecop. The mafia member who receives this power will be able to investigate another player every night, and find out their full role.
Roleblocker wrote:2 shot roleblocker. The player who receives this will be able to roleblock another player at night. This can only be used twice during the game.
1 shot vig wrote:1 shot vig. The mafia member who receives this ability will be able to make one extra nightkill at some point in the game, on top of the normal mafia nightkill.

Encryptor wrote:Encryptor. Whilst a mafia encryptor is alive, the mafia may freely daytalk.

Once both perks/abilities have been selected, their will be a brief period where the mafia can argue amongst themselves about who gets abilities and who doesn't (of course, one mafia member will have to remain a goon). After that, day 1 will begin, and from them on, the game proceeds as any other game would. Note that protown poweroles find out their role only at the start of day 1.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Patrick »

Roles are out. Everyone please confirm by PM. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. The mafia can start talking straight away.

Edit: Bookitty replaces tails3535 in the pregame stage.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Patrick »

So. Here we all are. The Face to Face cards have been dealt, 3 of you got mafia cards, 3 protown poweroles, 6 of you are vanilla. Because the house is so large, all the protown players were put in seperate rooms, whilst the mafia had a room to themselves to discuss which poweroles to give the town. Now they've chosen, we're all back in the lounge, ready for the game to start. Some of you have alcohol in your glasses; those of you who can't take your drink have lemonade or fruit juice.

So now it's time to pick the town's poison. Remember, no voting for anyone today, just for what poweroles/perks to give the mafia. You all have two votes, but not to be used on the same thing. If anyone has any questions about how the poweroles work, you can PM me or ask in thread.

It is day 0. With 12 players alive, 7 votes will be enough to choose an ability. Note that if an ability reaches 7 votes, it will be locked in and cannot be changed.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Bookitty »

vote: two shot Mafia roleblocker

vote: encryptor

Not as sure on the second. Willing to be convinced otherwise.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Porochaz »

vote roleblocker and godfather

I think the first one is the best option, the second was chosen due to me not liking the rest... vig, I dont want the mafia to get an extra kill, the encryptor allows all mafia to speak all the time, if that person is alive then it benifits them all rather than the one person, the cop I wrote down initially but then realised what were the chances mafia chose vig for town if they haven't then the NK'ing doesn't really matter, the cop investigations could be a bit of a blow but then were unsure of the cops sanity anyway.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by ckillor »

hey everyone!

im not gonna vote on them just yet but in my opinion right now
best to worst to give the mafia
GF- only if they gave us a cop would that be useful and i kindof doubt they would
RB- low chance of them roleblocking anyone with a power, or a power that is useful
EN-while talking during the day would give them a pretty big hand up, i don't think its as bad as the other two
RC- very bad because they can find out town power roles and you know, kill them
VI- if it was close to LOL it would give them a big head up and let them win

vigi and rolecop are both interchangeable on that list and encryptor a bit too. i still want to think it over before i fully decide
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by JDodge »

Vote: GF + Encryptor

Daytalking is not much of a help, nor is 1 inv. immunity. I think you're all underestimating what havoc a 2-shot roleblocker can wreak.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
perfect628
perfect628
Townie
perfect628
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by perfect628 »

Yeah I sorta agree with JDodge,
Vote: GodFather + Encryptor
. I think the RB could hinder us more than encryptor or GF would.
thedragonsprincess
thedragonsprincess
Goon
thedragonsprincess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by thedragonsprincess »

vote: godfather & encrypter

i highly doubt the mafia would vote to give town a role that could expose them (cop) so godfather wouldn't be a huge deal and i dont think the ability to talk during the day would be that great either
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Roleblocker (2) -- Bookitty, Porochaz
Encryptor (4) -- Bookitty, JDodge, perfect628, thedragonsprincess
Godfather (4) -- Porochaz, JDodge, perfect628, thedragonsprincess

12 alive, 7 to choose.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:23 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: GF and Encryptor

In the long run, I can see the rb hurting us more than the encryptor.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I'm with y'all,
Vote: GF and Encryptor
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:13 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

One more vote each for GF and Encryptor seals the deal.

I'll most likely vote for the same as well but before I do so, does anyone else who hasn't voted yet want to weigh in with their opinions? Once it reaches 7 votes, it can't be changed.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Bookitty »

I think it's unlikely that the scum gave us a cop. I was thinking they likely gave us a Vig, which the GF would be vulnerable to, but that's a long shot, so in retrospect, I think the others were right about GF and I was wrong. I'm already voting for Encryptor.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:02 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Well, my personal choice was also wrong. Before the others voted, I was thinking of giving them a GF and a 1 shot vig but thinking things through, I can see why the 1 shot vig can really hurt us. Silly me... :?

Also, if we have a Vig and he targets the GF, wouldn't he know that he hit a GF since his NK won't show up? Of course, the Vig must keep in mind that there is the possibility a doc visited his target but... Ah, never mind then.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Bookitty »

EBWOP: which the godfather WOULDN'T be vulnerable to. Hmmm. Early morning posting for the win. -sighs-
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by Ether »

So, uh, I made this big post about supporting a roleblocker/encryptor combination and believing that there could easily be a cop. Then I started scumhunting.
Post 5, Bookitty wrote:
vote: encryptor

Not as sure on the second. Willing to be convinced otherwise.
Post 15, Bookitty wrote:I think it's unlikely that the scum gave us a cop.
Something is wrong with this picture.

This makes me feel better about the encryptor/godfather movement, though I don't feel like hammering quite yet. I want some role speculation on the record before the power roles actually know what they are and can out themselves. (I was personally thinking cop/masonizer/vig, though I was kind of iffy about the first one and think a weakdoc is more likely in light of Bookitty's contradiction.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:06 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Personally, I think they gave us a cop (take note sanity is not guaranteed), vig and masoniser as well.

But while GF is immune to the cop and vig, the other roles hurt us a lot more. I definitely don't want a rolecop or roleblocker against us, considering the power roles boost our chances of winning, weak as they already are. I had been thinking of giving them a 1 shot vig but after some thought, I figured that the extra kill might very well determine the scum's win or loss as it nears the endgame, not to mention it can be used to out possible power roles.

So, that leaves us the lesser of the evils, the GF and the encryptor.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:27 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Roleblocker (2) -- Bookitty, Porochaz
Encryptor (6) -- Bookitty, JDodge, perfect628, thedragonsprincess, scotmany12, Gorrad
Godfather (6) -- Porochaz, JDodge, perfect628, thedragonsprincess, scotmany12, Gorrad

12 alive, 7 to choose.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Ether:

I don't really see what's scummy about changing my mind after thinking it over. How useful daytalking is to the scum would depend on the scum in question, I guess. I was looking for further impressions on that.

I realised I was most likely wrong about preferring the roleblocker role to the godfather role, and I said I thought I'd made a mistake. I think that's fair enough. It's difficult enough (at least for me) to try to figure out the roles we've probably been given, and then to try to figure what roles present the least risk and most benefit given the roles we'll have as town? I thought other people understood it better, so I deferred to their better judgment.

I think that's fair.
thedragonsprincess
thedragonsprincess
Goon
thedragonsprincess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:12 am

Post by thedragonsprincess »

MOD: are we allowed to change our votes on what roles we voted for?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:16 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote: Godfather

This is simply the best choice for town, seeing how there may not even be a cop to investigate or a vig to kill.

Vote: 1-Shot Vig

The encryptor could be dangerous if we decide to massclaim. The Mafia could freely discuss how they wanted to split the claims between powerroles and town.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Patrick »

tdp wrote:MOD: are we allowed to change our votes on what roles we voted for?
Yes, just as you can for normal voting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”