Mini 533: Something wicked this way comes! Game over!

Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by Qman »

VOTE COUNT the SECOND!

Disciple Slayer
(ZeekLTK, OhGodMyLife)

MichelSableheart
(Quickben)

Soupfly
(Yvonneseer)

ZeekLTK
(Disciple Slayer, geraintm, Lowell)

Not Voting
- 5 (
gipsy, SensFan, soupfly, Petunho, MichelSableheart)

7 to lynch
Last edited by Qman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Disciple Slayer wrote:It's not OMGUS. I think you're scummy.
You only think I'm scummy because I voted for you (therefore it is OMGUS).

Disciple Slayer wrote:I don't mind getting lynched today as long as it convinces the rest of the town to lynch Zeek on D2, that's how much I think Zeek is scum. I think the lynch of a townie is a fair trade for the lynch of a scumbag.
There's so much wrong with this... wow.

#1 no one is in danger of a lynch, so first of all I don't understand what even brought this up.

#2 it's pretty ridiculous to have made up your mind like this (especially incorrectly) at such an early stage in the game (it's PAGE 2 and half of the players haven't even spoken yet). If you really are town then you are not shaping up to be very helpful in finding scum

#3 this is WIFOM... you are trying to appeal to emotions by offering to be lynched (again, why? you are not in danger), hoping people will believe your argument since you appear willing to put yourself on the line for it.

#4 at this stage in the game you being lynched and turning up one side or the other proves absolutely nothing regarding me nor anyone else

#5 by saying this, you'll look pretty foolish when I turn up as town.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mod, as of Post 39 my vote should be on Disciple Slayer
:wink:

I'm still happy with my vote, DS is being way too defensive and zeek has been consistently punching holes in his logic. And my reasons for voting in my last post still stand.

Everyone else needs to show up and take part in this discussion though.

Mod Edit: Fixed
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:01 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Gipsy and Soupfly are the only two players who have yet to post.
Mod:
Are they aware that the game has begun?

Though there is more wrong with Disciple Slayer's reasoning, I would like to highlight some points.
Disciple Slayer wrote:You trying to start a bandwagon there? I'm the guy initiating discussion and you vote for me? Fair enough, people make mistakes, but your wagoning is noted.
Not only does this completely ignore the reasoning given with the vote, but it immediately brings out the accusation of bandwagoning. Judging by the way he's attacking a second vote here, I would have expected him to say something about my vote being a second vote when he attacked me. This response feels even more like an OMGUS then his original vote for Zeek.
Disciple Slayer wrote:My reasons aren't bullshit. There's a difference.
I really don't see how "Your reasoning is bullshit" invalidates my defense of "I'm trying to get discussion started". In fact, I don't even see how your reasoning isn't bullshit. If I look at post #33, you claimed that the chance of my reasoning being accurate was pretty low, and that I should have used a joke reason instead. Why do you believe that my reasoning had a lower chance of being true then a joke reasoning, which has no chance at all of being true? And why would a jokevote have a better chance at sparkling discussion then a vote that is actually based on a reasoning, even though that reasoning is poor?
Disciple Slayer wrote:You attacked me for putting the spotlight on a comment that struck me as odd.
As far as I can see, that is incorrect. He attacked you for
overreacting
to a comment that struck you as odd, but did not seem scummy to him.

I really don't see where Disciple Slayers certainty about Zeek being scum is coming from.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 am

Post by geraintm »

Disciple Slayer wrote:
I don't mind getting lynched today as long as it convinces the rest of the town to lynch Zeek on D2, that's how much I think Zeek is scum. I think the lynch of a townie is a fair trade for the lynch of a scumbag.
my god, this game is going fast. not everyone has posted yet, and already Slayer is thinking about day 2 lynches.

i haven't played with anyone here before i think, but can anyoen cofmirm if Slayer is always like this? it will be hard to actualyl read the game with the amount of noise he is going to generate.

but Slayer, please don't make statements like you just did. there is no way any right thining person can be as sure of someone else's scumminess as you are right now. it is most unhelpful.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:45 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

geraintm wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:I don't mind getting lynched today as long as it convinces the rest of the town to lynch Zeek on D2, that's how much I think Zeek is scum. I think the lynch of a townie is a fair trade for the lynch of a scumbag.
my god, this game is going fast. not everyone has posted yet, and already Slayer is thinking about day 2 lynches.

i haven't played with anyone here before i think, but can anyoen cofmirm if Slayer is always like this? it will be hard to actualyl read the game with the amount of noise he is going to generate.

but Slayer, please don't make statements like you just did. there is no way any right thining person can be as sure of someone else's scumminess as you are right now. it is most unhelpful.
QFT.

That's how mislynches are set up. "If I die as a townie, lynch Player X tomorrow". Nobody can be 100% sure of scum unless you've got a cop investigation. And I absolutely dislike the fact that Slayer says he is so willing to be lynched, almost as if he is using reverse psychology to convince us that he is definitely town and shouldn't be lynched.
FoS Disciple Player
. Like geraintm has said, please refrain from making such statements which are hardly helpful to town.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:25 am

Post by soupfly »

sorry for being late. i'm not usually inactive but i've been on a business trip.

in any case:

vote: discipline_slayer
for clearly being scum
i am sofa king!
stupid...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:42 am

Post by geraintm »

soupfly wrote:sorry for being late. i'm not usually inactive but i've been on a business trip.

in any case:

for clearly being scum
i don't think he is clearly scum, just at the moment i really don't like his style of play. He may be prone to wild accusations all the time, i don't know and asked for advice on what he is normally like.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:09 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Alright, since soupfly posted...

unvote: soupfly

vote: gipsy

Last lurkerhunt.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:37 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Lowell, whats with your vote on zeek? Was it just random? You gave no explanation at all.
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Petunho »

I'm not liking Slayer's overly aggressive style but that alone doesn't make him look scummy in my eyes. What worries me more is the holes in his logic (those Zeek especially have pointed out) and the 'If you kill me, then kill Zeek' sentence. You really cannot be so sure about Zeek's scumminess at this point to make that kind of post. I'm eagerly waiting for Slayers reply on Zeek's post #51.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

ZeekLTK wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:It's not OMGUS. I think you're scummy.
You only think I'm scummy because I voted for you (therefore it is OMGUS).

There's so much wrong with this... wow.

#1 no one is in danger of a lynch, so first of all I don't understand what even brought this up.

#2 it's pretty ridiculous to have made up your mind like this (especially incorrectly) at such an early stage in the game (it's PAGE 2 and half of the players haven't even spoken yet). If you really are town then you are not shaping up to be very helpful in finding scum

#3 this is WIFOM... you are trying to appeal to emotions by offering to be lynched (again, why? you are not in danger), hoping people will believe your argument since you appear willing to put yourself on the line for it.

#4 at this stage in the game you being lynched and turning up one side or the other proves absolutely nothing regarding me nor anyone else

#5 by saying this, you'll look pretty foolish when I turn up as town.
Cleared for now.

UNVOTE

soupfly wrote:sorry for being late. i'm not usually inactive but i've been on a business trip.

in any case:

for clearly being scum
Want to post any reasons of your own? Or are you just jumping on a bandwagon?

VOTE: SOUPFLY
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:11 pm

For that matter,
FOS LOWELL
for not giving any reasons for his Zeek vote either.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

I love how when he is questioned he just ignores everything that has previously happened, gives up, and goes on to the next OMGUS... this time against soupfly.
Tigers ate my signature.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Then lynch me and see what happens. Jeez. You'll understand in time. Just make sure that if I hit L-1 not to lynch me until I get to explain my actions. That being said, the player who decides to hammer before I post my final thoughts is definitely a scum suspect, since the information I'm planning on posting is quite beneficial for the town.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:18 pm

You know, Disciple Slayer, it might actually be a good idea to try not to get in a situation where you might be hammered, instead of telling the town what to do if you are lynched. You're creating an awful lot of noise by playing the way you're playing now.

Also, please respond to this paragraph of post #53:
MichelSableheart wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
My reasons aren't bullshit. There's a difference.
I really don't see how "Your reasoning is bullshit" invalidates my defense of "I'm trying to get discussion started". In fact, I don't even see how your reasoning isn't bullshit. If I look at post #33, you claimed that the chance of my reasoning being accurate was pretty low, and that I should have used a joke reason instead. Why do you believe that my reasoning had a lower chance of being true then a joke reasoning, which has no chance at all of being true? And why would a jokevote have a better chance at sparkling discussion then a vote that is actually based on a reasoning, even though that reasoning is poor?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:22 pm

MichelSableheart wrote:It might be that he was so quick to get in the game because he is interested in this game because he is mafia.
Bullshit reason.
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Unvote

Vote: MichelSableheart

It said Day 1 in the title so we assumed we could post already. Besides, the reason you gave is such a bullshit reason. I mean, come on. It's the start of the random voting stage and you're already trying to put suspicion on someone for being the first to post? Jeez.
Not bullshit reason.

Am I making sense?

Granted, your bullshit vote DID spark discussion. More to come on this on my final post at L-1, when the time comes.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Post by soupfly »

Disciple Slayer wrote:
VOTE: SOUPFLY
STOP YELLING AT ME!! :wink:
Disciple Slayer wrote:Not bullshit reason.

Am I making sense?

Granted, your bullshit vote DID spark discussion. More to come on this on my final post at L-1, when the time comes.
you only got 3 votes on you and L-1 would mean 6. that's a pretty big leap, no? and why so cryptic about this important thing you want to share at L-1? i hope you're not hinting at what i think you're hinting because that would be very poor play at this point if you are indeed a townie.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm not going to make any power roleclaims, if that's what you're thinking. I'm a vanilla townie.

Now, where are your reasons for voting me?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Disciple Slayer, if you think what you've got to say is so important, don't give us this BS about waiting til you're at L-1, tell us you're opinion now. If its so earth-shaking, maybe it'll actually change our minds. Otherwise, you still look like scum.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:58 pm

Post by geraintm »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Then lynch me and see what happens. Jeez. You'll understand in time. Just make sure that if I hit L-1 not to lynch me until I get to explain my actions. That being said, the player who decides to hammer before I post my final thoughts is definitely a scum suspect, since the information I'm planning on posting is quite beneficial for the town.
Disciple Slayer wrote:I'm not going to make any power roleclaims, if that's what you're thinking. I'm a vanilla townie.

Now, where are your reasons for voting me?
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Is anyone else expecting Slayer to start self voting for himself any time soon?
Slayer, i can't remember a game i have been in where someone has made it so easy for there to exist a bandwagon to lynch someone so quickly day one.
It is getting hard not to vote for you, just to see what else you say.
if you are town, you are making today very, very easy for the bad guys who i think will be able to focus all the attention on you and they will be able to stay under the radar.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:08 am

Sorry, DS, but that post still does not explain to me why you believe your reasoning for voting me was sound, but my reasoning for voting me was rubbish. As far as I can see, you concluded that it was more likely that I am scum because I did not use a joke reason for my random vote. I concluded it was more likely QuickBen was scum because he was eager to start the game. I don't understand the difference.

Also, you are not at L-1, and it's not guaranteed that you will be. You are not in danger of being lynched yet. Claiming vanilla townie is just a horrible thing to do at this moment, since it only makes it more likely for the scum to find any powerroles we may have.

Thus far, DS has created an awful lot of noise, voted, confirm voted, guaranteed us he had found scum and unvoted in posts that quickly followed each other, called for his bandwagon to go to L-1, claimed without being in lynching danger...
How likely is it that we have a jester? Because DS seems to be either that or scum trying for an 'I'm behaving so scummy I can't be scum' WIFOM. He has a completed newbie game and a completed day 1 under his belt, so he should be aware that his behaviour has been anti-town so far.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:21 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

I think Slayer is intentionally drawing attention to himself, for whatever reason he has. It almost seems like he wants us to put him at L-1. MSheart has got a good point. Slayer could very well be a Jester who wants to self-hammer once he reaches L-1. Approach carefully.

Also, Slayer, I see no reason why you can't explain your actions now. Why must you wait until you're at L-1?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:14 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I've got a question: what happens if we lynch a jester on here? I've never played in a game with one on this site.

On another message board that I play on, jester is a useless role. Whoever it is, they almost always gets themself lynched (usually on Day 1) but no one really cares because the game doesn't stop, it just continues as normal.

Is it like that here too, or will the game actually end if we lynch a jester?
Tigers ate my signature.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:24 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

I think the Jester wins if he gets lynched, but the game continues on for a runner-up between scum and town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”