Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Creature »

Hell though, I doubt I'll have overly strong reads there.
Sigh
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Well for starters, iso greyice and victor. I'm going to intent tomorrow whichever is L-1.
deranged and incoherent
?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Creature »

In post 511, Hoopla wrote:I was working on this yesterday, but ran out of time. Here are some READS:

FUTURE TOWN BLOC MEMBERS WHO WILL SERVE AS THE BACKBONE (ALONG WITH ME) IN GUIDING THE TOWN:

Michel
- I see him as a voice of reason type who we seem to be lacking in this town (not that everyone else isn't reasonable -- it just seems like everyone is all over the shop and shooting from the hip)
Raskolnikov
- seems to be the most universally read as town player, which will be useful for collective PoE efforts later in the game

TOWNIE BUT A TINGE OF PARAN
OIA:

BlackVoid
- makes good posts, is active and seems like a good townie, but from what I've seen of him, he seems competent enough to be able to fake these things convincingly. Hopefully he is town and can serve as a consultation role to the primary town bloc.

S
T
U
B
B
O
R
N
/
L
O
O
S
E
C
A
N
N
O
N
T
O
W
N
I
E
S
:

Maria
- unpredictable, but I'm a sucker for exclamations like
"It's fun to ask why people sr me because it's so much more fun to prove them wrong ^_^"
- I just don't see scum saying stuff like this as often as town
Victor
- has that abrasive town feel about him, but I'm mostly townreading him because of other people's reactions towards him.

LURKERS/NULL/DUNNO:

Jaack
- post some more please
I Am Innocent
- post some more please
Cloudkicker
- hard to get a read on his motivations when he is fresh to MS's metagame. Sometimes he says filler-y/random agreeing posts, but I feel like that's just trying to fit in and act in a way how he thinks is expected of him on this site rather than anything scummy.

SCUMLORDS:

Sotty
- Actually feel like she's closer to null these days, but I have too many townreads and by PoE I think all the scum is in my null/scum section
goodmorning
- If Victor is town, I think it's quite likely that one of goodmorning/twoface are scum jumping in on the dogpile
TwoFace
- see above, probs not scum together tho
BlueBloodedToffee
- Upon reread is my top suspect is BBT. I noticed the same thing BlackVoid did but didn't have enough to post about it, which is why make the declaration that Rask is town, then later in the day start questioning someone else about their Rask townread. Seems like scum making up an arbitrary read early in the game (rather than really believing it as town) then later, just throwing out random filler-y questions as is scum's wont, without really recognising it doesn't make sense from a town perspective.

Might be some partner combos that are unlikely within my scumlords section, so sprinkle in the null/lurkers where appropriate to get the rest of the team.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BBT
Took a look at this list.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Creature »

Jaack and IAI lurking? Didn't remember them doing that.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Creature »

Also BBT/GI seemed town, though not so strongly.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Creature »

In post 978, Creature wrote:Jaack and IAI lurking? Didn't remember them doing that.
in my other games.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Creature »

I agree with most of Hoopla's list, I'd say my scumpool is {Victor, Jaack, IAI, Sotty, goodmorning}
Sigh
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:51 am

Post by MariaR »

Are both wagons going to be at L-1 and the last voter is afk....
I'M CRYING THAT'S AMAZING
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:52 am

Post by MariaR »

Wait Rask unvoted.... FK
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:56 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 893, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 892, goodmorning wrote:like, if iai is not dead when we wake and someone tries to claim vig later i'm fucking lynching them
Is this still true if we lynch Grey and he flips scum?
3000%.
In post 894, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 884, goodmorning wrote:@BV: I'm still completely baffled by your IAI tr.
IAI has pinned all his credibility on GreyICE flipping scum. He's putting all his eggs in one basket and going for broke. The only reason scum would do such a thing either late-game for a crucial mislynch, or if they are backed into a corner in a 1v1. Neither is the case here. If he were scum, there are other options like Victor, Sotty7, and Jaack. They can't all be scum with him. When he started posting, he had a clean slate and could push pretty much anywhere he wanted. He could have built up a reputation to look pro-town. But as early as D1, he went all in, and bet his heart and soul and everything else on this GreyICE scumflip. He thinks he's going to be vindicated and all the antagonism that he's gathered this day phase will be set right.
That's
something I can't see scum faking and I don't think that in this context, and at this time, it makes sense for scum to do that.
"*shrug* whoops, i was wrong. THIS time, we're gonna vote Y, and he's TOTES scum guys"
Do you know how many times I've seen the above work? Waaaay too many.

You know why? Because everyone's going to be wrong sometimes, and you can't hold it against them. If you can come up with a convincing enough case on the next guy, people will listen. And Scum reap the benefits of this attitude just as much as Town do.
In post 917, MariaR wrote:Okay friends if you're so smart walk me through this
you're getting close to the deadline and you're mafia.
your partner is at L2 or L3 and is close to getting lynched
WHAT DO YOU DO
uh... vote him to fuck FOR THE TOWNCRED

Unless you mean me specifically, in which case - keep weakly townreading him and then go "oh, darn."

--

hoopla why are you giving long playstyle lectures instead of campaigning for someone to be the last vote on the grey wagon? Like, isn't your whole point that wagoning on D1 is an extra pain in the ass? I don't think you have #7 locked down at this point. I guess maybe BV?

--

Creature!
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Creature »

Oh right IAI claimed vigilante.
Sigh
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:08 am

Post by MariaR »

Oh the lurker claimed vig? That's...no words lol
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Rask why did you unvote? Espically since you said Grey's VT claim makes you feel better about him.
In post 985, Creature wrote:Oh right IAI claimed vigilante.
Pretty sure this didn't happen.

Grey saying Hoopla wasn't giving him time should be more than enough to get him lynched. Hoopla unvoted specifically to do just that and Grey puttered around laying a vote on Victor and then spent time on Hoopla's playstyle that may or may not be scummy to him. It just feels like he is stalling and trying to get people to look anywhere that isn't his wagon.

Grey with a VT claim shouldn't stall this wagon. We're back to a full player list so that shouldn't stall the wagon. The only thing at this point that needs waiting on is Cloud to post some thoughts about Grey v Victor and possibly move his vote.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I re-read vic and his points on greyice's read-progression are actually alright.
deranged and incoherent
?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Welcome to the game Creature.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 984, goodmorning wrote:hoopla why are you giving long playstyle lectures instead of campaigning for someone to be the last vote on the grey wagon? Like, isn't your whole point that wagoning on D1 is an extra pain in the ass? I don't think you have #7 locked down at this point. I guess maybe BV?
Admittedly selfish reasons. Hopefully I will get through to Grey and help him read me as town in future (if he is indeed town). I didn't/don't expect anyone else to read that/do anything with that post.

Anyhow, a VT claim makes me a pause a little bit and if we had more time I'd look into Grey's past to see what his claiming history is like. Traditionally in mini normals, VT claims are more likely to be true, as scum tend to fakeclaim PR's, but this is a pretty good/experienced playerlist, so it's also possible he believes this could be a decent spot to fakeclaim VT as scum.

I'm not as confident as I was before, but since I'll be away for most of the Day, I'm not going to throw caution to the wind and jump on the Victor wagon that may or may not go through (and that may or may not yield a more convincing claim that I can't switch back from). So, I'm happy to end the Day here if someone wants to step up to the plate and hammer Grey.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Oh no, I have last thoughts. But Hoopla has committed, so that's nice. My alignment and Victor's alignment will give you a good guide for reading her in the future.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by GreyICE »

mod: we had one site outage for nearly two days, we had a player slot that didn't post for a week, now we have a player on VLA. Request deadline extension
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 965, VictorDeAngelo wrote:When did she stall a good wagon? Or cast shade? Why is it you don’t bother quoting stuff and then when I look through player’s ISOs I can’t find anything to back up what your saying?
You obviously aren't trying very hard. Here let me show you

Here is where I say which wagon she stalled. It's actually not my first comment cause I've said a couple of times that bbt was the counter to sotty. Twice sotty was at 4 votes and attention got diverted to bbt for some reason
In post 852, TwoFace wrote:The only other wagon that had potential was sotty which stalled many times. Hoopla even helped stall it.

Grey is town
Here is her casting shade
In post 855, Hoopla wrote:It does a little bit. If Grey is town, then I'd expect scum to be in the lurkers/people sitting on stale wagons content with the game state and not willing to put their neck on the line to further the game and put themselves in the limelight. Raskol, goodmorning, TwoFace spring to mind.
2 of the 3 people are voting the wagon she stalled earlier.

All of these were on the same page man. The same fucking page!!! :facepalm:

Sorry when im repeating things I've said previously (stalled wagons) or responding to a recent post (casting shade) I have this unrealistic expectation that people will actually read the posts being made and not lie about not seeing them when they are right there in their face. I'm sorry I made that mistake. I won't assume you have the ability to read posts being made even though it's sort of a requirement of the game.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by TwoFace »

If victor gets to l-1 I'll hammer. If he's town he doesn't read well and is a liability. If he's scum well I can actually see a sotty/hoopla/victor team and yes I'm a little crazy
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@TwoFace, how do you feel about MariaR right now?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Not a fan. Seems different to me. But not as high on my list atm
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.14
GreyICE (6)

VictorDeAngelo (4)
, , , ,
Sotty7 (1)
Not Voting (2)
, ,

Day one deadline is Thursday November 3, 8 AM PST. (expired on 2016-11-03 08:00:00)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by MariaR »

oooo someone trying to meta me!
blah blah you can't blah blah self meta blah blah

But feel free to try ^_^
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 993, TwoFace wrote:
In post 965, VictorDeAngelo wrote:When did she stall a good wagon? Or cast shade? Why is it you don’t bother quoting stuff and then when I look through player’s ISOs I can’t find anything to back up what your saying?
You obviously aren't trying very hard. Here let me show you

Here is where I say which wagon she stalled. It's actually not my first comment cause I've said a couple of times that bbt was the counter to sotty. Twice sotty was at 4 votes and attention got diverted to bbt for some reason
In post 852, TwoFace wrote:The only other wagon that had potential was sotty which stalled many times. Hoopla even helped stall it.

Grey is town
Funny that accuse me of not reading and yet you obviously not reading/comprehending/thinking about what I'm posting.

I'm asking where Hoopla stalled the Sotty wagon. Obviously I'm not asking that as a random question. I've read you say that Hoopla stalled the wagon. I don't need you to requote you saying that Hoopla stalled it. What I'm saying is that it didn't happen. Hoopla is not the reason Sotty isn't getting lynched.
Here is her casting shade
In post 855, Hoopla wrote:It does a little bit. If Grey is town, then I'd expect scum to be in the lurkers/people sitting on stale wagons content with the game state and not willing to put their neck on the line to further the game and put themselves in the limelight. Raskol, goodmorning, TwoFace spring to mind.
2 of the 3 people are voting the wagon she stalled earlier.

All of these were on the same page man. The same fucking page!!! :facepalm:
Specuating about where scum might be is a long way from casting shade. Particularly since this was in response to Maria's question about why an alternative to the Grey wagon wasn't going off.
Sorry when im repeating things I've said previously (stalled wagons) or responding to a recent post (casting shade) I have this unrealistic expectation that people will actually read the posts being made and not lie about not seeing them when they are right there in their face. I'm sorry I made that mistake. I won't assume you have the ability to read posts being made even though it's sort of a requirement of the game.
Funny you accuse me of stupidity (not being able to read), laziness (not trying to read) and lying (apparently seeing the posts, reading them but then pretending not to).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”