Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Bj can be town I guess. Not going to put Thor in hammer range yet.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1347, MathBlade wrote:Karnos+Lowell+Thor ftw
Karnos+Thor scumteam.
... :roll:

Okay, so yesterday there was no case on me at all.
Today the case on me is "there can't be two Trackers!"
Not that there is any reason to think that as far as I'm aware, I've been in multiple games with duplicate roles.
So what's the case on me again?

I was roleblocked last night.

I think Bji is still my prefered, though if Math wants to advance his Karnos+Thor theory I'd be happy to "bus"

Vote: bji

@Nero - don't derp, let's do this.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

@thor:
In post 1335, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 785, Thor665 wrote:So...potentially FA cleared town?
I'd like to lynch in here; aronagrundy, karnos, ironstove
I think Aronagrundy is probably town.

Vote: Karnoe

Second Day, going the same way ;)
This is thor's first post d2. If he was sitting on the knowledge that FA didn't visit anyone N1, why is he even entertaining the idea that FA is cleared town?
Thoughts?
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1353, Thor665 wrote: Okay, so yesterday there was no case on me at all.
This is not a presidential election; you can't just say factually verifiable bullshit and expect people to believe you.

There were clear cases against you yesterday. I, for example, can recall having a pretty good one.
Today the case on me is "there can't be two Trackers!"
Not that there is any reason to think that as far as I'm aware, I've been in multiple games with duplicate roles.
Well I haven't played all that many games of Mafia (7 or so now), but I've not only never seen duplicate roles, I've never even heard anyone mention it as a possibility, not even once. So I'd venture a guess that duplicate roles, if they do exist, are extremely rare.

I was already confident in my vote, and FA's flip countering your claim just about pushes it over the top for me.

I'll happily vote Thor but I would like to understand one thing first: if Thor fake claimed as scum, why would he agree to a NK of the only townie with a claim, and one that seemed pretty believable? Wasn't that just a huge gamble that his fake claim wouldn't be outed? I had been thinking that FA was pretty likely tracker, I mean this question:
In post 712, Fire Assassin wrote: Who should I target for Investigative/Protective/or Killing abilitie(s).
The bodyguard already died so he wasn't protecting anyone, so that left either an investigative role (tracker) or a killing role (vigilante? Are there any others in a normal game?). I've seen quite a few more trackers than vigs in my day, so tracker seemed the most likely case.

So now ... did scum!Thor really agree to kill the one player most likely to out him?

PEDIT:
In post 1354, aronagrundy wrote:@thor:
In post 1335, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 785, Thor665 wrote:So...potentially FA cleared town?
I'd like to lynch in here; aronagrundy, karnos, ironstove
I think Aronagrundy is probably town.

Vote: Karnoe

Second Day, going the same way ;)
This is thor's first post d2. If he was sitting on the knowledge that FA didn't visit anyone N1, why is he even entertaining the idea that FA is cleared town?
Thoughts?
That is a very good point. Thor looks all kinds of inconsistent with this claim. I think I'm just going to have to conclude that scum really was dumb enough to kill the one player most likely to out their fake claiming teammate.

VOTE: Thor

The only remaining question I have is, does it benefit town to have any more discussion today beyond Thor's almost guaranteed lynching? Seems like any discussion beyond that is only in scum's interest as it gives them more info for their NK, and anything we say today beyond Thor's lynch can wait until tomorrow can't it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Probably because of the dead Bodyguard and the fact that his PR claim didn't imply he targeted.
I don't even get your issue there, and assuredly see no hypocrisy or implied lack/too much awareness of anything.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Above is at Arongundy.

Bji's post is utter tripe - I'll bother to wall smash it if anyone claims they find it to have any quality at all.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1355, bji wrote:I think I'm just going to have to conclude that scum really was dumb enough to kill the one player most likely to out their fake claiming teammate.
"Oooh, scum was dumb, they killed the Tracker (who they couldn't have known was the Tracker) and revealed themselves"

Drool on that mislynch some more, scum boi.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 1356, Thor665 wrote:Probably because of the dead Bodyguard and the fact that his PR claim didn't imply he targeted.
I don't even get your issue there, and assuredly see no hypocrisy or implied lack/too much awareness of anything.
What do you mean? Most PRs target. It's suspicious for a claimed PR not to target anyone
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:thor
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

@bji: that post of FA's you're referring to was made before grey died. Honestly what were the odds from scum's perspective that FA would flip tracker?
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Also pretty much everyone townread FA last time I checked so maybe they killed him because of that?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1355, bji wrote:Seems like any discussion beyond that is only in scum's interest as it gives them more info for their NK, and anything we say today beyond Thor's lynch can wait until tomorrow can't it?
well unless something happens to the nk we lose a townie so isn't that reason enough to not lynch Thor right off?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1359, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 1356, Thor665 wrote:Probably because of the dead Bodyguard and the fact that his PR claim didn't imply he targeted.
What do you mean? Most PRs target. It's suspicious for a claimed PR not to target anyone
BP
IC
Mason
Neighbor
Even Night modifier
Loved
Governor
Saint
Roleblocked
Jailed using non-Alien jailer
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia PR of any tracking type
Non-ninja SK
and on, and on, and on.

So what are you talking about?
I was supposed to auto assume after the death of a Bodyguard that scum had shot a random guy, and that FA was a goon who had sat home?
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1361, aronagrundy wrote:@bji: that post of FA's you're referring to was made before grey died. Honestly what were the odds from scum's perspective that FA would flip tracker?
That's not the point. The point is that Grey died and was revealed as bodyguard.

From that evidence, I had already concluded that FA was likely the tracker. Why couldn't scum see the same thing? Well I guess they didn't because they derp killed the one player who could out their fake claiming teammate.
In post 1363, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1355, bji wrote:Seems like any discussion beyond that is only in scum's interest as it gives them more info for their NK, and anything we say today beyond Thor's lynch can wait until tomorrow can't it?
well unless something happens to the nk we lose a townie so isn't that reason enough to not lynch Thor right off?
I'm just saying that all discussion should be about Thor, anything else can be used against us tonight, and anything we say now beyond the Thor lynch (if we are going to lynch him, and given that flip I can't see how we don't), doesn't do us any good TODAY and can only help scum TONIGHT. Unless we think that our discussion will somehow confuse scum into making a suboptimal NK choice, but I think it's more likely that anything we say helps them more than helps us.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1361, aronagrundy wrote:@bji: that post of FA's you're referring to was made before grey died. Honestly what were the odds from scum's perspective that FA would flip tracker?
In post 1362, aronagrundy wrote:Also pretty much everyone townread FA last time I checked so maybe they killed him because of that?
In post 1363, Nero Cain wrote:
And some people start posting sense - shock.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1365, bji wrote:That's not the point. The point is that Grey died and was revealed as bodyguard.

From that evidence, I had already concluded that FA was likely the tracker. Why couldn't scum see the same thing? Well I guess they didn't because they derp killed the one player who could out their fake claiming teammate.
:neutral:

If this town, lynches me, while this is alive, then it deserves to lose in a rain of hellfire and scum openly claiming to be scum while rolling them all into a neat little ball.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TBH Thor I see very little reason why we shouldn't lynch you today. Convince me.

aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

@thor

It should've given you some indication that FA may have been lying. His posts toward the end of D1 imply that he was a PR that targeted other players
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Ok that said I'm confused re: bji too. Like there are investigative roles beyond tracker
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by karnos »

VOTE: Thor665

die scum.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by karnos »

Nero for scum, btw, in case I get night killed.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

that 12 hour day tho
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum