podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:37 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 99, Shadow_step wrote:nn still can't figure out that boring wanted to self hammer to prevent discussion.

:facepalm:

I hate newbs
^^^^ This would be an accurate summation of why I think Prism was frustrated. You're not exactly trying to be affable. That said, I shouldn't speak for him. Feel free to question him after the scum PT is open post game
Last edited by podoboq on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Shadow_step »

The site explicitly States that mild abuse is allowed. If someone is that thin skinned they can fuck off literally.

Another thing is all I care about when I'm playing is winning so shit like that happens.

Don't take my abuse seriously, I only use it to vent my frustration and it works great. Scientifically proven.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:53 am

Post by MariaR »

*shrug* it's the internet and if people can't take a few insults (mind you some people do go over the top) then prob shouldn't be on something like this in the first place
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Maria I don't go over the top right ?
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:19 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 103, Shadow_step wrote:Maria I don't go over the top right ?
ehhh depends you're asking me and I can handle a ton of stuff

I don't think you go over the top at all though not like your telling people to kill themselves so na I don't think so :)
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 101, Shadow_step wrote:The site explicitly States that mild abuse is allowed. If someone is that thin skinned they can fuck off literally.

Another thing is all I care about when I'm playing is winning so shit like that happens.

Don't take my abuse seriously, I only use it to vent my frustration and it works great. Scientifically proven.
I'm finally at home, at my desk, and can delve into this.

You're right that the site rules are explicit that being an insulting prick is totally allowed. It's how this game works. You never broke that rule, and you never went over a line where I would have even considered having you removed. I was legitimately disappointed that you replaced out, because you were not doing anything unacceptable in the context of the game, and I would have been happy to see you remain in until the end. That said, the way you played is not good.

The way you played this game (whether or not it's indicative of who you are in-person) was overwhelmingly arrogant and condescending. It made town not to work with you, even when all signs showed that you were town. Your reads were often on point, but nobody trusted them, because your interpersonal skills in this game were kinda trash. Reading people is only half of the town game. Getting people to trust and respect you is the other half, and that's not just all about being able to towntell. Part of that is being likable.

More than that, it made people enjoy the game less. It's not gonna ruin somebody's day if you were a dick to them on mafiascum, but over a long enough period of time, maybe they decide the game's not fun any more, and they want to replace out because it's just not worth it. This game is supposed to be fun, and when you're an asshole to people, it becomes less fun. Do you not see that?
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:30 am

Post by podoboq »

Also, you called the game bastard WAY too many times, when it absolutely isn't. Other players aren't going to respond to that with "Shadow_step seems like a reasonable fella." You were wrong about the setup, you were wrong about Eager, and you were wrong about the people who trusted Eager. I believe a little humility along those lines would have gone a LONG way to other players respecting your opinions more.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:32 am

Post by podoboq »

Rant over for now. I've been sitting on it for a while. Shadow_step, I like you, and I liked watching you play the game. It was frustrating at times, but I think players like you give the game more variance, and I think mafia is better for it. Not respecting the full ramifications of your play, though, is irresponsible and short sighted.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yes I've been trying to improve that part of my game.

I come across as condescending too often.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Shadow_step »

The thing is I just expect people to get me xD
I lack the patience to explain them everything like they're 10.
Like scum obviously can't have a RB.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I think the setup balance is okay.
Maybe Neapolitan should have only been 2 shot.

Cop is the only useful PR town have, deputy can get killed earlier, before he becomes cop so has limited use.

I always count JK as useless because of the terrible wifom that comes with it. You don't know whether you blocked the kill or protected a player. Its annoying as heck.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LOL
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I'm really disappointed with Implosion's play BTW. He is a good player and can convince town to follow him and he is CONF town but he hasn't been effective with the setup spec thing. I tried to get him involved so much but no.

If he had just worked with me we would have broken this game open.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 112, Shadow_step wrote:I'm really disappointed with Implosion's play BTW. He is a good player and can convince town to follow him and he is CONF town but he hasn't been effective with the setup spec thing. I tried to get him involved so much but no.

If he had just worked with me we would have broken this game open.
Well you did bicker about spec so eh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Podo can you tell me who reviewed your setup ?
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I was going to make a wall post about how Prism was likely to be scum. He has been over coasting since day 2. But then he pulled his antics. I'd be seriously pissed if he wins this.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Also no idea why people thought he was town(Prism)

Gamma were you purposely playing lynchbaity to avoid getting nked?
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 116, Shadow_step wrote:Also no idea why people thought he was town(Prism)

Gamma were you purposely playing lynchbaity to avoid getting nked?
Kinda
First time I rolled cop I went gung ho D1
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yeah that was not a great idea. One note cop clear from you and this game was over for mafia.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah I feel checking implosion was a good move, he was catching flack for the reasons I copped him.
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Shadow_step »

More * not note xD
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh
Well I was sitting near lynch and I didn't want to cause any deadline shenanigans so I claimed
TF was that D3 massclaim tho
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Also holy shit, the kills are so obvious on this site. We might as well start lynching people just based on nk analysis. At least consider it.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 121, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh
Well I was sitting near lynch and I didn't want to cause any deadline shenanigans so I claimed
No problems with that, but next time don't play lynchbaity as a town PR
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 123, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 121, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh
No problems with that, but next time don't play lynchbaity as a town PR
Any suggestions?
In one game I was a watcher and fished for D1 targets.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Game Topics”