Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Transcend »

Maria's tone feels towny, whereas I feel like Michel has not only made bad logic but has been opportunistic quite a few times this game.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:16 am

Post by MariaR »

I like making filler posts what can I say.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, Michael is using iffy logic - but he's presenting it clearly, not obfuscating, and openly is willing to debate.
That vibes town to me.
Sure, maybe not quality town I want to sheep - but I don't feel like he's trying to game stuff.

Maria did more of a fake reaction to your test than anyone did, and openly misrepped me, and when I pointed it out just ignored that she did it - which even in the kindest of world's suggests she's town who isn't reading for comprehension.

So why do you hate on Michael and love on Maria?

PEdit - opportunistic where and how? I called Maria out on being opportunistic and her best rebuttal was agreeing with me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 826, MariaR wrote:I like making filler posts what can I say.
I'm aware, there is a reason this game is so bloated.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Transcend »

same

i mean after all aired out filler posts are NAI.

but for some odd reason people think they are..... what a crazy world we live in...
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:18 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 818, Transcend wrote:JJD:

I don't exactly think you're scum for this but....

If you thought I was BSing my mason claim why did you vote me immediately when I retracted as opposed to when I was actually claiming mason...
I didn't think u were BSing ur mason claim. I was skeptical of it which is why I grilled u about it. But ultimately I had to believe it cause that's how mafia work. Only the most terrible ego-driven townies would would risk the game w stupid gambits like that.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:18 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 827, Thor665 wrote:Like, Michael is using iffy logic - but he's presenting it clearly, not obfuscating, and openly is willing to debate.
That vibes town to me.
Sure, maybe not quality town I want to sheep - but I don't feel like he's trying to game stuff.

Maria did more of a fake reaction to your test than anyone did, and openly misrepped me, and when I pointed it out just ignored that she did it - which even in the kindest of world's suggests she's town who isn't reading for comprehension.

So why do you hate on Michael and love on Maria?

PEdit - opportunistic where and how? I called Maria out on being opportunistic and her best rebuttal was agreeing with me.
what did I do o-o
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:20 am

Post by kraska77 »

thor why do you keep saying im a good lynch
also sorry i got distracted and forgot to complete my catchup
i'm on it now
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:20 am

Post by Transcend »

Can you stop for two fucking seconds and acknowledge that there is a
chance
that my "gambit" was intended to benefit the town and not to benefit my scum game?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 827, Thor665 wrote:PEdit - opportunistic where and how? I called Maria out on being opportunistic and her best rebuttal was agreeing with me.
@Transcend
In post 832, kraska77 wrote:thor why do you keep saying im a good lynch
i'm on it now
Revelations 3:16 mostly.
You barely exist - when you skate that much you shouldn't act shocked that people are fine with your lynch.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:24 am

Post by Transcend »

Here's why Mich is opportunistic vs. Maria imo.

Someone rando votes Blitzkrieg. The only post that Blitz made was a vote to BW my joke vote on Maria.

I felt the way Michel planted his vote on Blitzkrieg was very tactical and not genuine.

He over justified his reason to vote her based on one measly factor.

Few pages later I fakeclaim mason to save my townread blablabla I fess up to lying since it was a deliberate fake claim anyways.

JJD votes me most likely for legitimate reasons.

Michel said I was scum for quite some time but only votes me when JJD votes me. "hmm this could possibly get momentum lemme go here".

Long story short, he hasn't done anything independently and he's just candy coating the lynches he think will get some momentum with stupid, flawed reasons.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 833, Transcend wrote:Can you stop for two fucking seconds and acknowledge that there is a
chance
that my "gambit" was intended to benefit the town and not to benefit my scum game?
I'm not calling u confirmed scum or anything so yeah, I acknowledge that there is a chance that ur gambit was
intended
to benefit the town.

What I don't acknowledge, is that there was any chance that ur gambit actually could benefit town.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:26 am

Post by Transcend »

I'm more of quality>quantity guy fwiw. I think kraska's "lack" of content is NAI.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:28 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

In post 821, Thor665 wrote:
In post 810, MichelSableheart wrote:But you're never going to find actions in thread that town would never take. If town never takes them, scum can't afford to take them either or they would get lynched in a heartbeat.

If you know nothing about a player, he has a certain chance to be scum.

If he subsequently takes an action that he's very likely to take if he's scum, and not likely to take if he's town, it becomes far more likely that he's scum, even if there are situations where he would take that action as town.
That is a gross oversimplification of my rebuttal, and also of the very concept of the game.
The point is that actions have rough percentages, some are more likely to be done as scum, or as town, even though both alignments do them.
You are presenting that there is zero chance town do what he did.
I am showing evidence that town explicitly do it - and am suggesting they do it in fairly even numbers.
You're then debating emptiness with me, I don't get it.
No, I'm presenting that there is a relatively low chance that he does it as town, and a very high chance that he does it as scum.

That you can find an example where a town player fakeclaimed mason doesn't really counter that. Given your evidence, I have a 50% chance of lynching scum if I lynch someone fakeclaiming mason, as opposed to (generally) a 3 in 13 chance if I lynch completely randomly. Those are awesome odds!
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:28 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 836, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 833, Transcend wrote:Can you stop for two fucking seconds and acknowledge that there is a
chance
I'm not calling u confirmed scum or anything so yeah, I acknowledge that there is a chance that ur gambit was
intended
to benefit the town.

What I don't acknowledge, is that there was any chance that ur gambit actually could benefit town.
Well fmpov I feel it did because I was going to keep my claim for as long as I could without having to fess up I was bsing because Maria was towntelling in my humble opinion and people were lynching her. I tried saying "hey maybe you shouldn't lynch her". She only got more votes. Am I just gonna sit there and let town get lynched? Fuck to the no. I'll pull any fucking card up my sleeve I can to save my townread. And it would've benefitted town because Maria wouldn't be lynched and I wouldn't be lynched and you'd have a 3/11 chance of lynching scum based on odds alone.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Transcend »

Michel's refusal to believe that both fakeclaimed masons can be town is fake btw.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Shadow_step »

That was my first prod ever bleh

Catching up now
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:31 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 835, Transcend wrote:Michel said I was scum for quite some time but only votes me when JJD votes me. "hmm this could possibly get momentum lemme go here".
Or maybe he voted you for as soon as u revealed u were fake claiming? Pretty sure it was his first post after ur admission.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:31 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 834, Thor665 wrote:
In post 827, Thor665 wrote:PEdit - opportunistic where and how? I called Maria out on being opportunistic and her best rebuttal was agreeing with me.
@Transcend
In post 832, kraska77 wrote:thor why do you keep saying im a good lynch
i'm on it now
Revelations 3:16 mostly.
You barely exist - when you skate that much you shouldn't act shocked that people are fine with your lynch.
*shrugs* i think i did influence the game somewhat? even if im getting voted, my posts made a ripple...atleast gamestate is no longer stuck in a michel vs maria loop
what about blitz tho? bc i think theyre skating for real and im scumreading that slot
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Transcend »

Or maybe you're a dumb blind idiot who can't see when he's getting manipulated.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 815, Transcend wrote:ahem... moderator....
:facepalm:

Question to everyone else
Are jesters allowed in normal games?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Transcend »

K hi welcome to this. The way the mason claim came about was ass backwards compared to what happened here. But Titus was getting wagoned and claimed masons with a town that was white knighting her. The WKing town reluctantly obliged to be fakeclaimed masons with her.
In post 793, Titus wrote:
In post 788, Dunnstral wrote:I can hear them howling
Yes, I see round about what you're getting at. We should discuss that more mason buddy but do be carefully. ;)
In post 798, Dunnstral wrote::facepalm: Wasn't going to let you get lynched
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 845, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 815, Transcend wrote:ahem... moderator....
:facepalm:

Question to everyone else
Are jesters allowed in normal games?
fake
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:40 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

that was a pretty fast catchup shadow. Anything else to add?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 835, Transcend wrote:Someone rando votes Blitzkrieg. The only post that Blitz made was a vote to BW my joke vote on Maria.

I felt the way Michel planted his vote on Blitzkrieg was very tactical and not genuine.

He over justified his reason to vote her based on one measly factor.
Translation - he places an RVS vote
In post 835, Transcend wrote:Few pages later I fakeclaim mason to save my townread blablabla I fess up to lying since it was a deliberate fake claim anyways.

JJD votes me most likely for legitimate reasons.

Michel said I was scum for quite some time but only votes me when JJD votes me. "hmm this could possibly get momentum lemme go here".
Translation - votes you for fakeclaim, which is a perfectly functional vote, and though it might be opportunistic, is opportunistic off the fake claim, not off JarJar.
In post 835, Transcend wrote:Long story short, he hasn't done anything independently and he's just candy coating the lynches he think will get some momentum with stupid, flawed reasons.
Even if this is true - there's just as many examples for Maria, and since none of them are excusable as RVS, better examples.
So I have to kind of ask again, do you think you're ignoring/handwaving Maria's actions and focusing/tunneling Michael's?
In post 837, Transcend wrote:I'm more of quality>quantity guy fwiw. I think kraska's "lack" of content is NAI.
Since he lacks both quality and quantity - I don't see the real debate point here.
In post 838, MichelSableheart wrote:No, I'm presenting that there is a relatively low chance that he does it as town, and a very high chance that he does it as scum.
You have failed to show this in any way.
What you *have* argued is that town shouldn't do what he did, a point I will happily agree with, but that is not then translatable into a low chance that he or other town would do that action.
In post 838, MichelSableheart wrote:That you can find an example where a town player fakeclaimed mason doesn't really counter that. Given your evidence, I have a 50% chance of lynching scum if I lynch someone fakeclaiming mason, as opposed to (generally) a 3 in 13 chance if I lynch completely randomly. Those are awesome odds!
I am willing to wager that outside of L-1 situations town fakeclaims more than scum do, even allowing for the larger number of players that draw town roles and allowing that alignment is not a fakeclaim.

You are also being a bit fast and loose with percentages there, as one could easily argue that any given player has a 50% chance to flip scum, as well as a 23% chance in this setup. I am not interested in debating percentages when neither you nor I have anything remotely close to valid info to draw those numbers from.
In post 843, kraska77 wrote:*shrugs* i think i did influence the game somewhat? even if im getting voted, my posts made a ripple...atleast gamestate is no longer stuck in a michel vs maria loop
If you want to argue that a player caused that as opposed to the natural flow of the game, then it was Transcend who did that - not you by any stretch of the imagination.
In post 843, kraska77 wrote:what about blitz tho? bc i think theyre skating for real and im scumreading that slot
I think he's done more than you, and though I don't particularly town read him, I have a stronger town vibe there than a scum vibe at the moment. If you want that case you need to actually sell it. I'd lynch you over him with a smile on my face and not a second thought.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”