Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Dierfire »

VOTE COUNT 2.02

Masquerade (2): BBmolla, Egg
cmitc1 (2): Grendel, Killthestory
Hoopla (1): Elyse
Egg (1): Masquerade

No Vote (4): BlankFace, cmitc1, Wake88, Hoopla

With 10 players living, a lynch requires 6/10 votes.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-07-24 00:00:00)

NOTES

Seeking replacement for Wake88
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Egg »

Here's what I mean regarding Hoopla/Masquarade:
Mod wrote: VOTE COUNT 1.08
Vedith (5): BBmolla, cmitc1, House, Hoopla, Wake88
Masquerade (2): ChaosOmega, Egg
Elyse (1): BlankFace
BlankFace (1): Elyse
Hoopla wrote: I am mostly waiting for the non-contributors to contribute and over-contributors to stop.

lets switch up the vedith/blankface wagons:

UNVOTE: VOTE: blankface
In that case, a Masquarade vote makes more sense. Masq had two votes. Blank had one. Both were low content slots. Yet Masq is never mentioned.

Then:
MOD wrote: VOTE COUNT 1.09
Vedith (2): BBmolla, cmitc1
Masquerade (2): ChaosOmega, Egg
BlankFace (2): Elyse, Hoopla
Robbnva (2): Masquerade, House
House (2): Grendel, Robbnva
Hoopla wrote:House, Rob, Molla aren't being lynched today. There simply isn't enough support. If there had been, we definitely would have seen it after these last few days. 

Vedith and Blankface are good choices that most people seem open to.
I get that she specifically removed Rob and House. Molla had no votes so whatever. But why Vedith and Blank with no mention, yet again, of Masq who had the same two votes and Vedith and Blank?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 885, Elyse wrote:I found this a very strange reason to townread Vedith. It's weak, and she barely pushes it. For someone who championed either Vedith or BlankFace all day, her townread on Vedith should have made her go full steam ahead on BlankFace. It seemed to me like she wanted the Vedith lynch to still go through but didn't want to be associated with it.

The remainder of her posts on D1 are not urgent at all...the only thing she really does is tell cmit to make a choice, which is obvious for anyone to do at this point.
Personally, it just seemed like a classic VT-give up. There was no scum survival tendencies, which usually manifests itself with a PR roleclaim or a greater sense of desperation to escape the noose.
In post 885, Elyse wrote:She was the engineer behind the Vedith vs BlankFace deathmatch and didn't seem to care which one died. This would be fine if she scumread both of them, but she thought Vedith's claim made him town. So why was she content in saying "I think Vedith is probably town for his claim" and then remain silent and let him be lynched anyway?

tl;dr
Hoopla steered the lynches toward two townies, didn't care which one was lynched, made a half-assed defense of Vedith to make herself look better, and did nothing to stop her townread from being lynched. I expected more "GET YOUR VOTES ON BLANKFACE!" from her.
To be honest, I don't trust my (or other people's) scum reads on D1 before any claims or flips, so I tend to spend my time finding town and fostering compromise because I find this more meaningful on D1 -- we already had the game blow out because of one townies' unrelenting obsession with following their pet scumread, so I was in damage control mode. My influence of funneling the votes onto Vedith and Blankface was an attempt to further the game by adding more pressure to slots that actually had a chance of being lynched, and then to reevaluate upon their wagons building and/or roleclaim -- these two to me seemed to have the greatest air of suspicion over them, so I went with that.

In hindsight, I regret not including Masquerade on this list too, but to achieve any meaningful information-yielding wagons, choosing more than two usually doesn't work as well. I maintain he seemed less suspected overall at that point in time, though, and the fact that nobody really hustled at all to include Masquerade in the wagon battle despite me ignoring him actually seems like a legitimately good reason for Masquerade being scum, even if it implicates me in the process.

As for my lack of urgency and yelling, again, I don't really have a defense for that other than to say it's not really my playstyle. In certain towns, channeling some manic energy to switch to an entirely new direction is sometimes possible, but there was no way this was happening in this town with so many people lurking. I will add, this whole deadline lynch scene is EXACTLY why I push for compromises on scumreads far earlier in the day than most, so we actually have time to switch once real information (wagons/claims) comes into the game. In the end we had to settle for a mediocre choose between two prob-townies, and it is true I didn't really care that much at that point.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Hoopla »

To summarise that brief paragraph on Masquerade in my last post. I think the fact nobody chimed in to bring Masquerade into the mix of competing wagons when I was trying to narrow the pool is very meaningful. If Blank was scum and Masq were town, I'd expect more resistance on a) the Blank/Vedith duel and b) not including Masq.

Masq scum/Blank town seems more likely based on how D1 panned out.

VOTE: Masquerade
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

so, killthestory, you know cmitc1 from another site? can you talk about what his gameplay is usually like there?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Awkward, scummy, inexperienced (in the sense that he follows what ToS players do and most of them are pure garbage), and uh, I think that's it.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

would you say his garbage nothing posting is indicative of alignment at all? does he seem to try harder as town or scum, or have any good games as either alignment?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Killthestory »

not sure, I didn't play with him much, or if I did, he didn't have a large presence in games.

I'd say he tries super hard as either alignments, and I'm currently banned from his forum. I can't check his games LMAO. I think he might be town though, from gut here.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Hoopla »

why are you voting him then?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Why not?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

well, i think i'm pretty much done with this conversation. you're lucky your predecessor has banked a decent amount of town cred.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Killthestory »

lol my predecessor could have been universally scumread, and I still wouldn't give a flying fuck
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:54 am

Post by cmitc1 »

In post 898, Egg wrote:
In post 884, Masquerade wrote:It's not. I tend to miss votes in walls when they're merely bolded (what is it with people not just putting a v instead of a b?) and that vc wasn't actually there yet when I opened this page (curse of a small screen and refreshing)
Have you missed almost every vote count this game?

Elyse, what do you think about Hoopla not even mentioning Masquarade when about five people had 2-3 votes and she suddenly decided it's Blankface vs Vedith?

Cmit, any reads on the remaining living players not named Grendel?

Grendel, I think Wake is someone who wants a fun game regardless of alignment. I don't think he'd encourage a shit fest as scum, or even just let it happen, just because it might help him win the game. I'll go into House at some point, but if you're not pushing his slot right now there probably isn't any point in rushing to it. I'm a busy person.
I agree with Masquerade being scummy, his posts started out pretty good, but they got pretty bad.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: Masquerade

More comfortable with this. Still think Hoopla could be scum but she makes the most sense with Masquerade and brings up a good point about no one else including him in the wagons.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Killthestory »

Haven't even looked at a single Masq post, but this wagon looks incredibly scum driven.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Elyse »

How so?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Egg »

In post 914, Killthestory wrote:Haven't even looked at a single Masq post, but this wagon looks incredibly scum driven.
Hoopla could be bussing
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

Looks like things have slowed down considerably.

I'm seeing some good points on Mask being mafia so far... yet-

I think Cmitc1 is the better choice. Cmitc1 has repeatedly dodged interaction with me, and is doing nothing for the game state. Aside from his scum read on me yesterday most his stances are incredibly middling. I also thought his reaction to my RQS was really scummy. His lack of openness, and attempts at staying within the popular opinions of others are very typical scum tells where I come from.

In posts 549, 575, 690, and 762 I asked Cmitic1 questions. The one of most importance, and the one I had to repeat the most, was how my RQS was scummy. He eventually replied with
In post 792, cmitc1 wrote:@Grendel

getting questions going to not necessary a bad thing, it can pushes for better conversation, but yours did not. The only thing I seen yours doing was encouraging shit posting

believe it or not, I am just now seeing this question.
So I asked for examples where RQS promoted bad desscusion.
In post 793, Grendel wrote:Ehh, I disagree. I think my set would have operated fine if more ppl were on board. shrug. B/c it was overlooked almost entirely from my perspective. So I wouldn't say it negatively impacted discussion.
Can you give me examples where it promoted bad discussion?

Not sure if I believe you successfully missed each time. seems too convenient to me.

Hows your reads list going?
He has yet to give me any examples that show me why my set created bad discussion, or even why its scummy. Yeah, he never answered why he thought it was scummy he just said it made bad discussion. So unless he is asserting that scum are the only ones who are crap posting then he only half answered my question. If he can even explain how peoples Reponses to the set were crap post-y.

I also asked him for some more of his reads on players in the last page, he still hasn't responded despite leaving a post on this page.

Really don't think Mask lynch > Cmitic1 lynch right now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Since D1, my solid town read on cmitc1 has evaporated somewhat. After seeing more of his play he really just seems like a placid, uninterested newbie, and I don't think you can deduce his alignment from classical tells you'd use on most other players. There is just no purpose and motivation in his play and I think it's just the way he is.

He should only be lynched if there are no other attractive options. Hopefully we can PoE the game around him, so his alignment becomes obvious that way.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Masquerade »

With the risk of sounding like I'm trying to pull an AtE.. How am I supposed to defend to being lynched over something I had absolutely no control over? I'm not scum, you're playing right into scum's hands by lynching me. Have you considered the possibility of me being town and scum ignoring me because Blank and Vedith were also both town and scum just didn't care?
Everyone needs to sheep me on Egg. My gut tells me he's scum and another game that just ended told me my gut is freakishly accurate.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Dierfire »

VOTE COUNT 2.03

Masquerade (4): BBmolla, Egg, Hoopla, Elyse
cmitc1 (2): Grendel, Killthestory
Egg (1): Masquerade

No Vote (3): BlankFace, cmitc1, Wake88,

With 10 players living, a lynch requires 6/10 votes.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-07-24 00:00:00)

NOTES

Seeking replacement for Wake88
Prodding BlankFace
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:51 am

Post by cmitc1 »

In post 917, Grendel wrote:Looks like things have slowed down considerably.

I'm seeing some good points on Mask being mafia so far... yet-

I think Cmitc1 is the better choice. Cmitc1 has repeatedly dodged interaction with me, and is doing nothing for the game state. Aside from his scum read on me yesterday most his stances are incredibly middling. I also thought his reaction to my RQS was really scummy. His lack of openness, and attempts at staying within the popular opinions of others are very typical scum tells where I come from.

In posts 549, 575, 690, and 762 I asked Cmitic1 questions. The one of most importance, and the one I had to repeat the most, was how my RQS was scummy. He eventually replied with
In post 792, cmitc1 wrote:@Grendel

getting questions going to not necessary a bad thing, it can pushes for better conversation, but yours did not. The only thing I seen yours doing was encouraging shit posting

believe it or not, I am just now seeing this question.
So I asked for examples where RQS promoted bad desscusion.
In post 793, Grendel wrote:Ehh, I disagree. I think my set would have operated fine if more ppl were on board. shrug. B/c it was overlooked almost entirely from my perspective. So I wouldn't say it negatively impacted discussion.
Can you give me examples where it promoted bad discussion?

Not sure if I believe you successfully missed each time. seems too convenient to me.

Hows your reads list going?
He has yet to give me any examples that show me why my set created bad discussion, or even why its scummy. Yeah, he never answered why he thought it was scummy he just said it made bad discussion. So unless he is asserting that scum are the only ones who are crap posting then he only half answered my question. If he can even explain how peoples Reponses to the set were crap post-y.

I also asked him for some more of his reads on players in the last page, he still hasn't responded despite leaving a post on this page.

Really don't think Mask lynch > Cmitic1 lynch right now.
I did not find any :shifty:
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: Elyse
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:28 am

Post by BlankFace »

VOTE: cmit1

I'm still much more confident here tjsn snywhete else rigjt now.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Bump

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”