Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:41 am

Post by MeMe »

RideTheBomb wrote:Neko, I'm voting for MeMe because she's voting for me. So MeMe, why did you vote for me?
You deserve it.

Mod Vote Count
:
Archaist (1): soupfly
neko2086 (2): Sammich, SirWario
Selande (1): McStab
RideTheBomb (1): MeMe
MeMe (2): RidetheBomb, gorckat

not voting: Archaist, Sikario8, Selande, Deathguise, neko2806
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Sammich »

Selande wrote:Sammich, why do you answer questions directed at me?
Because I enjoy players with basic reading comprehension.
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:12 am

Post by neko2086 »

Sorry gorckat, I guess I could elaborate.

His comments strike me as rather odd. I can't say he's said anything very helpful so far (maybe nobody has, really), but he doesn't quite seem scummy either. It's hard to make real serious judgments when not much has been said. I'm sure I'll have a much more detailed opinion of him later, but for now I just don't know what to make of him.

You seem fascinated by him. Would you like to share your thoughts on him, or will you be keeping those to yourself as well. I don't know what you're hiding, and I think it's very possible you've got nothing to hide, which is why I was curious to know why you're not giving us more of your thoughts. If you're withholding them for strategic purposes, just say so, but it would be nice if you could contribute something...
In Tartiflette We Trust
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:18 am

Post by soupfly »

unvote: archaist
...that ship has sailed.

now let me turn my attention to gorckat who seems to have his eye on me. just so you know the "Meme is not scum" post is the kind of stuff I do to get the game started. my early game sense tells me that she's probably town although i am neither certain of her innocence, nor her guilt.

just so i don't have to write this late, here's a few tidbits about my playstyle:

1) i become more aggressive in scumhunting as the game goes on. until i get a feel of the game i don't really go crazy on interrogations unless something really jumps out at me. as the game moves along i'm usually among the most active...so if you want to call me out for not contributing to scum hunting on day 1 or early day 2 then you're barking up the wrong tree.

2) i don't state my reasons for suspicions unless i'm sure that i want to lynch someone in which case i'll do a detailed analysis. the reason for this should be clear to most of you.

3) i state my opinion always about who i think is town or scum so don't go reading into things like he's buddying up or he's distancing with me. i believe its in the town's best interest to know my unbiased point of view and i'll never shy away from doing so for fear of being lynched.

these are the main things that people have consistently found scummy about me in instances where i have been town. this doesn't mean that i'm definitely town just because i act this way...rather it means you need to find other things in my gameplay to catch me if i am indeed scum. in any case, feel free to metagame my play to confirm this.

and oh, btw:

vote: neko2086
the reason should be obvious.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Sammich »

Soupfly wrote:just so i don't have to write this late, here's a few tidbits about my playstyle:

1) i become more aggressive in scumhunting as the game goes on. until i get a feel of the game i don't really go crazy on interrogations unless something really jumps out at me. as the game moves along i'm usually among the most active...so if you want to call me out for not contributing to scum hunting on day 1 or early day 2 then you're barking up the wrong tree.
You know, people lynch me for that sort of play aaaaalll the time.
Soupfly wrote:2) i don't state my reasons for suspicions unless i'm sure that i want to lynch someone in which case i'll do a detailed analysis. the reason for this should be clear to most of you.
O I C wut u did thar! =O
Soupfly wrote:3) i state my opinion always about who i think is town or scum so don't go reading into things like he's buddying up or he's distancing with me. i believe its in the town's best interest to know my unbiased point of view and i'll never shy away from doing so for fear of being lynched.
There's no reason to bring your playstyle into this, really. I don't know if you're using this for a voucher for future scum play or whatever the hell, but I don't believe there's any reason for metagame discussion right now.

Unvote; FOS Soupfly

I have my eyes on you.
Back, yep
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by gorckat »

Neko: If your vote on archaist was just a catalyst for discussion and you saw soupfly and/or I as opportunistic scum, why didn't the vote switch to one of us?

Soupfly: I have to agree with Sammich. Why even bring all that up? For me, you've just undercut everything you might do in the future and, in effect, told me not to trust you.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Post by soupfly »

gorckat wrote:Soupfly: I have to agree with Sammich. Why even bring all that up? For me, you've just undercut everything you might do in the future and, in effect, told me not to trust you.
i don't see how you could arrive at that conclusion. what i said is that whether i am townie or scum i will do the things i listed because that is my playstyle. i'm not going to change the play style to conform with someone else's idea of how a townie should play.

and by the way, in mafia you should never trust anybody cause people tend to lie :P
i am sofa king!
stupid...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:49 am

Post by gorckat »

<This post has little to do with the game at hand>

I don't think you should change your playstyle if you're winning games.

And by trust, I think I meant credibility. Its hard for me to put in words at the moment.

I guess it struck me as a cook coming to my table and saying, "Sometimes I poison food and sometimes I don't. In both cases it tastes good, so enjoy!" I don't want to start playing the analogy game where we go back and forth saying that's not what I meant/yes it was, but that's what I've got off the cuff.

It was unnecessary. Its possible you'd never get called on your style this game.

</This post has little to do with the game at hand>
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:03 am

Post by neko2086 »

Happy Bday, gorckat. And to answer your question, my voting style is typically sporadic at first during the random stage and at times when nobody is talking and something needs to get rolling. Afterwards, I like to much more cautious with voting, because I believe one has to have a damn good reason to place a serious vote. Then again, I seem to take votes and FOSs more seriously than others, but I think there's loads of information in them. So for either you or soupfly to jump onto a wagon (if 3 votes in a 12-player game counts as a wagon), I think that's a bit fishy, but not nearly worrisome enough for me to place a vote. I will keep it in mind, though.

That said, soupfly's vote on me is a bit bizarre. Sorry, soupfly, but it's not that obvious to me, and people voting without explanation is getting annoying. It's excusable during random voting, but pretty damn unhelpful later on. So, maybe I'm dense, but would you care to point out the obvious for me, soupfly, and give your reasoning?
In Tartiflette We Trust
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:44 am

Post by MeMe »

Sammich wrote:You know, people lynch me for that sort of play aaaaalll the time.
Sammich wrote:There's no reason to bring your playstyle into this, really. I don't know if you're using this for a voucher for future scum play or whatever the hell, but I don't believe there's any reason for metagame discussion right now.
Interesting.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:38 am

Post by soupfly »

neko2086 wrote:That said, soupfly's vote on me is a bit bizarre. Sorry, soupfly, but it's not that obvious to me, and people voting without explanation is getting annoying. It's excusable during random voting, but pretty damn unhelpful later on. So, maybe I'm dense, but would you care to point out the obvious for me, soupfly, and give your reasoning?
normally i wouldn't do this cause it defeats the purpose of what i just did, but i'm essentially just putting pressure on you to see how you react. jumping on a wagon gets the person to react in some way. they might panick and lurk. they might overreact and get all defensive. they might ignore it. they might even ask for clarification as in your case. ideally i'd like to have left you hanging a little bit longer while i teased a little more info out of you, but i neither think you're scum nor do i find anything particularly suspicious in your response so...

unvote: neko2086
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Archaist »

You decided pretty quickly there, soupfly. Don't you think that it's a bit unusual to "pressure" someone for just one post? I really don't think that neko2086's post was all that telling one way or another, so I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion that he isn't scum so quickly.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:12 am

Post by SirWario »

Unvote;Vote:Soupfly

First your speech about your playstyle(which deters us from actual scum hunting) and then a pressure vote for 1 response.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:12 am

Post by SirWario »

EBWOP:
Unvote;Vote:Soupfly
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:24 am

Post by soupfly »

Archaist wrote:You decided pretty quickly there, soupfly. Don't you think that it's a bit unusual to "pressure" someone for just one post? I really don't think that neko2086's post was all that telling one way or another, so I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion that he isn't scum so quickly.
didn't i just say that i wouldn't usually do that and that this is an exception? again, the reason i did is because i felt neko's post was sincere and it was only a random wagon to begin with. also i saw that he registered to play a month ago and i wanted to be helpful and answer what appeared to be a sincere question. of course i could have posted "no i won't" but i thought that it might be obnoxious. if you disagree then feel free to lay your vote where your suspicions are.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:48 am

Post by soupfly »

its funny, but sad, that town always suspects the first person who does anything remotely non-random.
SirWario wrote:Unvote;Vote:Soupfly

First your speech about your playstyle(which deters us from actual scum hunting) and then a pressure vote for 1 response.
This statement about deterring us from actually scum hunting is laughable given your posting history in this game:
SirWario wrote:Hello everyone, I'm replacing the jester. I'll just need a about a week to catch up in this thread(sarcasm).
SirWario wrote:
Vote:Neko2086
SirWario wrote:Yeah, page 4 and not one votecount from Jenter is pretty poor.
SirWario wrote:
RideTheBomb wrote:Neko, I'm voting for MeMe because she's voting for me. So MeMe, why did you vote for me?

That ,my friends, is the definition of an OMGUS vote.

FOS: RidetheBomb
SirWario wrote:Unvote;Vote:Soupfly

5 posts, no substance. in the future you may want to actually contribute something of substance or even do some scum hunting before calling out out others for
"detering the process of actual scum hunting"
!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:12 am

Post by soupfly »

actually it seems to me that SirWario has:

1) lurked in plain sight: posting but with nothing to say
2) has adopted the suspicions of two other players (gorckat and archaist)
3) contradicts himself by saying I'm
deterring the town from scum hunting
when he's essentially done nothing to contribute.

so let me make clear that this is neither a random nor OMGUS vote:
vote: SirWario

on another note, the activity in this game is seriously depressing.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:25 am

Post by SirWario »

This game has just exited the random voting stage and your accusing me of not contributing anything. You just said your self the actvity is depressing. Your rant about your playstyle was absolutely unnecessary and brings attention away from our pertinent discussion. It also tries to give you a free pass for later scummy behavior on the excuse that it's simply your "playing style" and you do it as town and scum.

I'm sorry my contribution does not amount to your startling 1 response pressure vote. Now that I believe we are officially out of random stage, I will strive to present more activity to satiate the popular demand.
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Sammich »

I think I'll
vote Soupfly

One vote from SirWario and he went off the rails. I'm a little confused at him right now.
Back, yep
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 am

Post by soupfly »

if it will help to get the game going i would welcome you all to join the soupfly wagon.

btw, in case some of you are new to this: scum don't usually tend to put themselves out on the line to get the game started. its safer to lurk in a lifeless game than to try and stir things up. it would be WIFOM for me to point to this as a sign of my towniness so i won't go there. however, this point should be considered in looking at the play (or lack thereof) of others.

ffs post people!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by gorckat »

SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:02 pm

Post by SirWario »

gorckat wrote:

I'm assuming you simply agree with soupfly.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:44 am

Post by gorckat »

Now that I believe we are officially out of random stage, I will strive to present more activity to satiate the popular demand.
I'm surprised you found nothing else in the game worth commenting on.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:09 am

Post by SirWario »

gorckat wrote: I'm surprised you found nothing else in the game worth commenting on.

The first three pages of this game were random with little spurts of bickering about the lack of replacements. I see little of importance from page 4 and the only thing that really stuck out to me was soupfly on page 5.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:53 am

Post by MeMe »

Players who have made absolutely
no
real contribution to the game so far: Deathguise, McStab, RideTheBomb.

Am I wrong?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”