New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Titus »

Pressure, right. [Sarcastic tone] And the timing of that desire just happens to coincide with the TBG wagon and Ircher wagon dying.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Nosferatu »

tfw here but nothing to say
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 847, Persivul wrote:
In post 842, Lowell wrote:fos pers I've come full circle on him. He now looks quiet and opportunistic, compared to what I was seeing early. In fact, he reads like scum who through good fortune earned some townpoints early and has been trying to coast on it ever since. I've seen pers do more than this, and given that this is a pretty dynamic game with lots of lolcharacters, I'm suspicious why I haven't seen it here.
Because it's a large, and you're comparing to minis. I find larges overwhelming. I believe this is only my second. The previous was The Dating Game. Check it and you'll see I wasn't very active until the numbers had reduced.
Sure, larges are overwhelming, and I'll take your word on your meta. Still, when I start to receive townvibes I go guns-blazing crazy, not hide in a shell. seems a little like you're cashing out while ahead, is the point.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 852, Lowell wrote:Sure, larges are overwhelming, and I'll take your word on your meta. Still, when I start to receive townvibes I go guns-blazing crazy, not hide in a shell. seems a little like you're cashing out while ahead, is the point.
I'm working on sorting Titus and ETL, which is likely much more important for the game than pushing some of the other people being pushed. For instance, I've had a scum read on Seth for some time, but that's something that can be pushed anytime. OTOH, in the dating game, I ended up in lylo with Titus, we were both town, but I scum read her. We won, but in spite of me. I'd prefer to sort such players earlier to the extent possible.

What's your take on these two?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Lowell »

ETL > titus, who in my mind seems to be getting into it too much with shotty and irch in ways I don't understand
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 854, Lowell wrote:ETL > titus
And that means?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Egg »

Holy fuck I have work to do here. Will try tonight.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Titus »

@Pers, why did you ignore 845?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 857, Titus wrote:@Pers, why did you ignore 845?
Because I thought it was bad and didn't warrant a response, but if you insist:
@Pers, Why should I suppose ETL scumreads TBG for the same reasons I do, when we rarely agree on anything?
Hopefully because your evidence has some objective basis which anyone could agree to. Are you now saying that you don't really have any evidence, just gut feelings or something, and you and kill are banding together based on nothing solid?
You cheered us starting to disagree but you expect groupthink there?
It's not groupthink if there's real evidence.
Second, ETL usually explains her votes and here she didn't. Why should I give ETL benefit of the doubt when scumreading her?
Because you would give others the benefit of the doubt, making it null wrt ETL, or anyone for that matter.
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Painbringer »

Nah, you are straining hard. You're going to get hemmoroids.

Yeah, anyone could agree to objective evidence. It hasn't happened with ETL (she fels the same way about me). In Street Racers London, she defended scum right off the noose. In the blitzgame, we shared reads but ETL lynched me because (guessing) she was too proud to admit I got their first. So no, what gives you any idea that ETL would magically follow my read on TPG? Doubly so given you're aware of this history?

Again, each and every time you attempt to make some dig at the evidence against TBG in here. You don't really state a townread on him either.

Groupthink can occur with evidence. That's a theory debate though.

What's null for one player isn't null for another. You know this. Everyone plays differently.

Since you think you have ETL's reasoning figured out, why do you think she voted there? Why aren't you voting TBG or townreading him but instead chainsawing on his behalf?
Hydra of Titus and Firebringer
Tone reading plus moon logic = Insanity
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 859, Painbringer wrote:Nah, you are straining hard. You're going to get hemmoroids.

Yeah, anyone could agree to objective evidence. It hasn't happened with ETL (she fels the same way about me). In Street Racers London, she defended scum right off the noose. In the blitzgame, we shared reads but ETL lynched me because (guessing) she was too proud to admit I got their first. So no, what gives you any idea that ETL would magically follow my read on TPG? Doubly so given you're aware of this history?

Again, each and every time you attempt to make some dig at the evidence against TBG in here. You don't really state a townread on him either.

Groupthink can occur with evidence. That's a theory debate though.

What's null for one player isn't null for another. You know this. Everyone plays differently.

Since you think you have ETL's reasoning figured out, why do you think she voted there? Why aren't you voting TBG or townreading him but instead chainsawing on his behalf?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 859, Painbringer wrote:Nah, you are straining hard. You're going to get hemmoroids.
Actually you're projecting.
Yeah, anyone could agree to objective evidence. It hasn't happened with ETL
So, anyone could agree to objective evidence...except ETL. You contradict yourself in the space of two sentences.
Again, each and every time you attempt to make some dig at the evidence against TBG in here.
No, I haven't done that at all. I'll take your word that there's evidence...but that means your argument that ETL had no basis for a TBG vote is incorrect. That doesn't bother me by itself. It's more that you won't let it go that's concerning.
You don't really state a townread on him either.
I don't really care about him right now.
Since you think you have ETL's reasoning figured out, why do you think she voted there?
Uh, maybe because she had a scum read on him some time ago, and you've presented additional evidence against him, and there was a wagon building on him? Why is that unreasonable?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 835, Persivul wrote:Is it?
On Day1, that was an okay answer. Not a super-town, not something that would be okay on eg. Day3, though.
In post 835, Persivul wrote:this is the second instance today of Titus looking for a buddy.
As for this... I saw something. And I wonder whether it will be significant.
In post 836, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And you don’t draw any actual conclusion … you just leave it hanging there. Which is IIoA to a tee – lots of words that sum up to not a bit of game-releveant content.
I'll answer this later. Because of reasons.
In post 838, Titus wrote:Anen, can you explain your TBG read? I know you did awall but I am not following it with all the funy names and awkward speech.
His eintritt in was both lazy and terrible. His laters are a bit better, but eg. is again a lazy-push. His readlist may or may not be genuine. Having checked it again, however, all the scumreads are "safe". (I mean, as far as I can remember, at that time any of those reads would have gained support from others.) He performed a Regardless of Card on Ircher in . Another lazy vote in . Actually, re-ISO-ing him again I've seen worse content than I remembered.
The conflict is that he looks like an easy wagon and people who don't really agree each other jumped on it. He looks like a "safe compromize".

I liked Lowell's . He may be town. I disagree with some of his reads, eg. Seth, Killthestory.
In post 845, Titus wrote:@Anen, Please be on later. Your conclusions feel wrong (not scummy). I would like to get on the same page.
What conclusions are wrong?
In post 851, Nosferatu wrote:tfw here but nothing to say
That reminds me of lazy-town-Aneninen...
In post 853, Persivul wrote:I'm working on sorting Titus and ETL, which is likely much more important for the game than pushing some of the other people being pushed. For instance, I've had a scum read on Seth for some time, but that's something that can be pushed anytime.
It's clear that Titus and ETL look like the "starts of the play" now. But I wouldn't stop pushing Seth.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Titus »

@Pers, ETL's reason for scumreading TBG was stale. I said that before. She's not the type to suddenly sheep me usually. She did have no reason for voting him that was current and your perception that she'd agree with me is rather off (probably fake).

Second, why are you chainsawing against a wagon on TBG so hard if you don't care? Why do you not care about the largest or second largest wagon in the game?

You're getting lynched after TBG. The questions I asked were rhetorical.

@Anen, Great. You're here. Let's talk. Was just finished with Person anyway.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:08 am

Post by Titus »

Anen's readsTown. Persivul, Expedience, Ircher, Copper, Egg, ?Cy

Conflicted. Magma, Shotty, Matt, Killthestory, Titus, Brawl, ?ETL

Scum. Seth, Zakk, Heuristic

Titus readsTown: Magna, KTS, Expedience, Egg, Fedora Chick, Ircher (very minor Reservations here)
Lean Town: Lowell, Anen, Zakk, HA
Weak town: Cy (wagon development+later push)
Lean scum:Copper, Shotty
Scum that need to die yesterday: TPG, Persivul

Special Category of Frustration: ETL (if anyoneelse lean scum) [seems a little proud of nonsense which is confusing]
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Titus »

The conflict is that he looks like an easy wagon and people who don't really agree each other jumped on it. He looks like a "safe compromize".
What do you mean by this Anen?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Aneninen »

I meant eg. you and ETL.

In fact,
In post 806, SirCakez wrote:TehBrawlGuy (4) - Killthestory, Titus, EspeciallyTheLies, MagnaOfIllusion
I don't get why these players are agreeing being on this wagon right now.

As for your reads.
Why is Magna and KTS town? Who the dancing little nymph is Fedora Chick? Why is Zakk and Heuristic lean town? Why is Copper still scummy? Aaaaand why is Persivul scum?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 11:23 am

Post by copper223 »

I am still not moving from Seth, maybe he is a rare snowflake (happened once with another newbie) but he ticked all my boxes and at one point you have to put up with type I errors to avoid giving too many type II's a get out of jail for free card.

@Lowell
Can you explain your townread on Seth? (The same goes for everyone else that thinks he is town).
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Lowell »

@copper, he strikes me as newbtown. I think the SK "claim" was probably just a language flub, and if it wasn't, I doubt as scum he'd keep intentionally digging the hole deeper by bringing it up over and over again. It's all WIFOM, basically, but I'm good with it.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Ircher »

I have Seth as Lean Town with some major concerns over the way he has worded a lot of stuff.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 866, Aneninen wrote:I meant eg. you and ETL.

In fact,
In post 806, SirCakez wrote:TehBrawlGuy (4) - Killthestory, Titus, EspeciallyTheLies, MagnaOfIllusion
I don't get why these players are agreeing being on this wagon right now.

As for your reads.
Why is Magna and KTS town? Who the dancing little nymph is Fedora Chick? Why is Zakk and Heuristic lean town? Why is Copper still scummy? Aaaaand why is Persivul scum?
Fedora Chick is me.

I have been questioning at length ETL joining me. She got off and voted me rather than provide an answer.

Magna KTS and I each separately scumread TPG.

Cy wagon dies.
Magna wants KTS or TPG to flip.
Kill wants to work with townreads. I tell him I townread him, but he needs to vote scum. I give my reads.
He states a scumread on TBG.
We move.
ETL votes it.
I have a wtf moment and try to get a reason. ETL refuses to provide one. (The only one in her ISO is stale).
Magna joins.
Pers hard defends ETL, saying she could have been following me, despite both of us knowing that is likely bullshit.

HA, I quoted my readwall in progress a few posts back for Lowell.

Zakk and you are lean town for similar reasons. I may not always agree with what you say but you come across as genuine. You remind me very much of Open 627 (where I was burning crystal). Your reads needed work for a good chunk of the game, but for me.

Persivul is scum for repeatedly taking things out of context and straining to firm arguments. He's white knighting/hard defending ETL at the moment which is awkward as crap. For instance, he's been focused on having it be ok for ETL to jump on my wagon with no reason that fits the current game state. Just reread the last few pages and you'll get the idea.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 868, Lowell wrote:@copper, he strikes me as newbtown. I think the SK "claim" was probably just a language flub, and if it wasn't, I doubt as scum he'd keep intentionally digging the hole deeper by bringing it up over and over again. It's all WIFOM, basically, but I'm good with it.
Agreed. I was once mislynched as SK for claiming scum with a faction I was not. It was a word flub.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by zakk »

i'm back

titus are you sure persivul isn't a scum lean just because he's voting you?
you seem pretty omgus-y this game, unlike what i would expect from you

not a fan of the ircher wagon at all.

not a fan of the TBG wagon at all.

ETL vs titus felt kind of contrived. they both come out looking worse to me
i don't like the nitpicky-ness, it seemed far too nitpicky on both their parts

all this battle-of-the-ego stuff is very meh, to me

titus + ircher is null
titus > copper is bad

titus is just appearing everywhere now isn't she

that's probably a towntell.

wagon on her is curious. i highly doubt titus does this as town.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by zakk »

*i highly doubt titus does this as scum.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Titus »

@Zakk, I can be pretty dominant regardless of alignment. Dominance just indicates I have something I want to push. While it may be a towntell for most, it probably isn't for me. (See Newbie 1388 for scum dominance). There's more recent examples but if you want to see scum personality, go to the core IMO.

My wagon is basically most of the scum from the Ircher wagon.
I'm going to have to wall Pers sooner rather than later. Bah. Pers is not scum merely for voting me. His whole interactions of hard defending ETL don't sit well with me, nor did his assertion that he didn't care what TBG flipped while doubtcasting the wagon so hard. His vote on Magna was crappy too. Basically, I cannot find anything to like on Persivul.

Why no love for TBG wagon?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”