Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

@Xkyfu anen stops doing it and has a reason. Not a good vote.
@droog we are getting no where with discussion and will probably hit town, we get a huge amount of night info that can help discussion. There's a reason this setup generally starts with day 0
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 275, Randomnamechange wrote:@Xkyfu anen stops doing it and has a reason. Not a good vote.

Yep, I just now got to that part and was coming to

UNVOTE: Aneninen

I'll wait until I'm fully caught up to vote again.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:21 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 261, Rory wrote:can we get some prods?

I still want to hear from FAQ about how he thinks Amnesiac is pro-town.

It has both utilities.

you claim 3p and then start playing anti-town. Your 'question' is nothing more than an attempt to redirect from that reality. The role's utility is blatantly obvious.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:24 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 275, Randomnamechange wrote:
@droog we are getting no where with discussion and will probably hit town, we get a huge amount of night info that can help discussion. There's a reason this setup generally starts with day 0

No - period.

We have confirmed 3p. If there simply is not a better vote for this day then lynching the 3p is far better than a no-lynch.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:28 am

Post by shos »

If aronis was scum in secret hitler, he is here too
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Ok so, I see two people have suggested a no lynch (Firebringer and shos). There are only two roles that only activate after a no lynch, right?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 280, Xkfyu wrote:Ok so, I see two people have suggested a no lynch (Firebringer and shos). There are only two roles that only activate after a no lynch, right?

Sorry, it was randommidget, not Firebringer.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 278, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 275, Randomnamechange wrote:

No - period.

We have confirmed 3p. If there simply is not a better vote for this day then lynching the 3p is far better than a no-lynch.

Yeah, I agree with this. "Will probably hit town" is technically true (7:6 odds), but it's basically 50/50. So, to me, this looks like RM is trying to hard sell the no lynch, and I generally find hard sells scummy.

VOTE: randomidget

Town reads on Firebringer and Yarrr (posts are still annoying as shit though).

No read on Snarky, but figure he'll be sorted out through night actions, so not interested in lynching him. Same goes for Rory, really.

Everyone else is straight up null for me, right now.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:59 am

Post by droog »

In post 275, Randomnamechange wrote:@droog we are getting no where with discussion and will probably hit town, we get a huge amount of night info that can help discussion. There's a reason this setup generally starts with day 0

i just realized theres a setup
thanks
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:13 am

Town gains a huge amount tonight. Generally I would say lynch is fine but we are getting no where. Day 1 lynches almost always hit town. Look at previous iterations.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 284, Randomnamechange wrote:Town gains a huge amount tonight.

That's an invalid point. Town will gain a huge amount of information tonight in all possible lynch outcomes.

In post 284, Randomnamechange wrote:Generally I would say lynch is fine but we are getting no where.

There are still more than 6 days left in the phase. Why are you in such a hurry?

In post 284, Randomnamechange wrote:Day 1 lynches almost always hit town. Look at previous iterations.

That's another invalid (and this time misleading) point. First of all, previous iterations have no bearing whatsoever on this one. We have a 6 out of 13 random chance of hitting some sort of scum.

However, we already have claimed 3rd parties. So, assuming they aren't town fake claiming 3rd party, we can guarantee that we don't lynch town.

So no, I'm not buying what you're selling.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:43 am

OK fair enough on the fair party lynches. I generally don't worry about them too much early with the exception of cult, but that's a difference of opinion.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:43 am

*third party lynches
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:02 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 286, Randomnamechange wrote:OK fair enough on the fair party lynches. I generally don't worry about them too much early with the exception of cult, but that's a difference of opinion.

Worrying about them is irrelevant. You are making the claim that we should not lynch because it will likely hit town. At some point, town may HAVE to deal with 3p. If your reason really was fear of hitting town you would go for the 3p. You have not ergo your reason is contrived - aka scummy.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 286, Randomnamechange wrote:OK fair enough on the fair party lynches. I generally don't worry about them too much early with the exception of cult, but that's a difference of opinion.

It's not a difference of opinion. Stop trying to play it down as such. You're just back pedaling.

I think it's safe to assume that the 3rd party claims are not coming from town players. So, they are either legit 3rd party, of fake Mafia claims. Therefore, if we lynch one of them, we are about as guaranteed to not hit town as it's going to get. Which means we'll go into the night with a maximum number of town PRs, thus giving us maximum information. We stand to gain literally nothing from a no lynch, as far as I can tell (unless I'm missing something, in which someone feel free to correct me).
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:32 am

Post by droog »

i like that
but counterpoint

if we lynch a 3rd party
the other 2 3rd parties will resent us
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 290, droog wrote:i like that
but counterpoint

if we lynch a 3rd party

That's not necessarily a given, but it is a possibility that I didn't consider.

I guess we'll have to talk it out with them, then. I'm not wholly convinced that at least one of them is not Mafia, though. So, we might be better off just lynching a claimed 3rd party anyways. We'll miss town, and have a chance to hit Mafia, if one of them is a fake claim.

However, this is my first role madness game (other than an abandoned Lawless game where I was a Survivor), so I'm probably not the one that should be talking about ideal D1 play.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:06 am

Post by droog »

we hopefully have a town killing role
if we do that eases the pressure

i think we should divide the neutral killing
and the neutaral powerless

i would prefer to lynch the neutral killing
but if he kills the other nuetrals
and 'leashes' himself
im willing to accommodate that
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:06 am

Post by droog »

certainly
not all the neutrals can win
if they want town support
they should compete for it
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:10 am

In post 291, Xkfyu wrote:
but counterpoint

if we lynch a 3rd party

I guess we'll have to talk it out with them, then. I'm not wholly convinced that at least one of them is not Mafia, though. So, we might be better off just lynching a claimed 3rd party anyways. We'll miss town, and have a chance to hit Mafia, if one of them is a fake claim.

However, this is my first role madness game (other than an abandoned Lawless game where I was a Survivor), so I'm probably not the one that should be talking about ideal D1 play.

I have a lot of experience with sc2/town of salem which is essentially the same as this. A lot of time town lose early but end up winning bc neutral killing and mafia wipe each other out.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 293, droog wrote:certainly
not all the neutrals can win
if they want town support
they should compete for it

This is pretty much along the lines of what I'm thinking. We just need to make sure that we have a clear advantage. Otherwise, they probably won't care too much about having town support.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 294, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 291, Xkfyu wrote:
but counterpoint

if we lynch a 3rd party

I have a lot of experience with sc2/town of salem which is essentially the same as this. A lot of time town lose early but end up winning bc neutral killing and mafia wipe each other out.

Would you say that avoiding a town lynch in D1 is a big advantage, and significantly increases the chances of a town win?
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

but counterpoint

if we lynch a 3rd party

O no; They be resentin' us, how dreadful that be!

If they be the types who want to be makin' someone walk the plank, then they be trying to "work with us" regardless, and will likely be startin' tomorrow with "I be a medical examiner, I checked Mr. TargetPirate and he be scurvy!"

Survivors be "working with us" only insofar as they aren't walkin' any planks. According to the captain's scrawlings, they don't have to be afraid o' being killed anyway. No amount of ill-will toward their survivin' buddies is going to change that.

Making Rory walk the plank isn't a bad idea. Being all nice-like and not feeding anyone to the sharks in the hopes that shorty-pirate be a non-scurvy brig-watcher is ridiculous. Shorty-pirate isn't any better at figuring out who is scurvy then the rest of us, so at best he accomplishes exactly what we'd do ourselves: kill someone who seems scurvy. There's also no guarantee he's not scurvy himself, though I doubt he is.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 297, Yarrrrgami wrote:
but counterpoint

if we lynch a 3rd party

O no; They be resentin' us, how dreadful that be!

If they be the types who want to be makin' someone walk the plank, then they be trying to "work with us" regardless, and will likely be startin' tomorrow with "I be a medical examiner, I checked Mr. TargetPirate and he be scurvy!"

Survivors be "working with us" only insofar as they aren't walkin' any planks. According to the captain's scrawlings, they don't have to be afraid o' being killed anyway. No amount of ill-will toward their survivin' buddies is going to change that.

Making Rory walk the plank isn't a bad idea. Being all nice-like and not feeding anyone to the sharks in the hopes that shorty-pirate be a non-scurvy brig-watcher is ridiculous. Shorty-pirate isn't any better at figuring out who is scurvy then the rest of us, so at best he accomplishes exactly what we'd do ourselves: kill someone who seems scurvy. There's also no guarantee he's not scurvy himself, though I doubt he is.

I cringe at even the thought of engaging in a conversation with you, but.....

Why do you think RM isn't scum? The recent stuff he says is pretty concerning.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

It be reasonably clear that shorty-pirate is a brig-watchin' deckhand, I think we agree there. So be he scurvy or no?

I was thinking it would take a pretty brave buccaneer to be suggestin' a No Plank-walkin' as scum so persistent-like. I would be expectin' him to drop it and concern himself elsewhere once it appeared not to be happenin' were he a scurvy dog.

You're correct that he hasn't been doing much else that caught me good eye, but his fixatin' on his deckhandly duties be something that I see more often in non-scurvy folk than their scurvy counterparts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”