Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Quagmire »

i understand your sentiments to lynch me but just so you know i have just as much of a chance as everyone else to be town as mafia

so if i do get lynched, it'll be interesting to see what i am

however adele is still the play today
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Adele »

Quagmire wrote:i understand your sentiments to lynch me but just so you know i have just as much of a chance as everyone else to be town as mafia
Unless you lied about not checking your role pm because you're scum.

Also: do you have a reason for that, at all, or have you just decided, since you've not checked your role pm and so don't know what your role is, that you don't care which way the game goes and so just want to randomise the whole thing?

Come on, quag. Most people (i hope) are actually here to play the game, not screw around. If they're really okay with the first murder being truly random (since you decided to gun for me before I even posted), then there's not much point any of us being here, is there?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:53 am

Post by Korlash »

Well personally I have mixed feelings. I agree that he woudl probably know if he was mafia because of the mafia can talk to each other before the game thing. But that does not mean he doesn't know he is mafia and still chooses to ply this way. So for that I don't want to fully jump onto him as a candidate.

On the other hand Adele is not the play today so he loses points for lying. I see the point of losing him today instead of a more helpful townie. The big point there is, we still have a higher chance of losing two townies and then beginning day 2 without anything to go on for anyone else. So it is still a bad move to lynch him on page 3. no matter how bad he is playing.

So FoS:
d3sisted, PookyTheMagicalBear, Mastermind of Sin, and Adele

While I do not hold it against you for wanting him dead (I admit I do too) I don't like how quick you want to kill someone off. Especially a person who has said he will not stump.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

@Korlash, Quag only has 4 votes out of 7 to lynch. We're voting with the intent to kill, but it's not like we'd just sit back and let him be quicklynched. I agree that it's
slightly
possible that he actually doesn't know his role. But I don't think it's very likely. Even if he doesn't know, Korlash, he is purposefully choosing to play in an antitown manner so that if he is scum he's helping himself. This hurts the town, so I fail to see why you think it is scummy that we want a blatantly antitown person dead.
Permanent V/LA.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Quagmire »

ok, let me explain myself better here.

i never ever ever ever ever ever check my role if the game starts in day. i try to put this off as much as possible. that way, i'll just play mafia instead of getting caught up in "what is probably the right play for me to make in this situation depending on my role."

i mean, i guess that tonight i'll find out what i am -- pms from people in my inbox mean that i'm mafia, none mean that i'm a good dude. but let's go over my options.

1) i'm a townsperson and you guys lynch me: then i'm doing the town a minor inservice by allowing a nightkill. OOH! it's not like this game isn't broken in the town's favor anyway as it is

2) i'm mafia and you guys lynch me: then i'm doing the right thing right now, and the town is one-up

3) i'm a townsperson and i stump: then i'm doing the right thing by implementing a part of gameplay that makes this game pretty unbalanced. also, i die, meaning that if the townspeople win then i don't really win because i'm dead

4) if i'm mafia and i stump: then i just fucked the mafia up by fucking over a nightkill and killing myself.

when you combine with the fact that killing yourself is hugely a pussy thing to do, it's obvious that the good that comes out of me not going out without a fight horrendously outweighs the good that comes out of me killing myself
adele wrote:Also: do you have a reason for that, at all, or have you just decided, since you've not checked your role pm and so don't know what your role is, that you don't care which way the game goes and so just want to randomise the whole thing?
i care which way the game goes, because i'd like to win
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Quagmire »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:@Korlash, Quag only has 4 votes out of 7 to lynch. We're voting with the intent to kill, but it's not like we'd just sit back and let him be quicklynched. I agree that it's
slightly
possible that he actually doesn't know his role. But I don't think it's very likely. Even if he doesn't know, Korlash, he is purposefully choosing to play in an antitown manner so that if he is scum he's helping himself. This hurts the town, so I fail to see why you think it is scummy that we want a blatantly antitown person dead.
how in the hell am i "antitown"

i'm most likely "protown," although only time will tell
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Adele »

If we let people off being lynched because they refuse to treestump, refusing to stump will become the dominant strategy for town and scum alike. However, I agree that a quicklynch is a Bad Thing (tm).

I was stunned to have four votes on me at the end of page 2, and didn't pay much attention to how many votes were on quag. So, for now:

Unvote

however, I won't support antitown play by inaction. If quag won't retract or agree to play a solidly protown game (you know, post "ok, I checked and guess what? I'm a tree! Shocker, no?" so we can get on with the game we're here to play) then I support his lynching.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Korlash »

I'm not against wanting an anti-ton person dead, I'm against wanting anyone dead on page 3.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Max »

I want you all dead, apart from trees I'm a tree hugger!

I think if people who are town refuse to stump they shouldn't be town so really it's a simple error
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:42 am

Korlash wrote:I'm not against wanting an anti-ton person dead, I'm against wanting anyone dead on page 3.
It is never too soon to find scum.
Permanent V/LA.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:45 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

So is Quag down to -3? Hmmm.....I want to vote him but he has already stated that he will not stump. I want to hold off night for as long as we see fit. So my HoS stands...
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:13 am

He is at -4. Adele unvoted.
Permanent V/LA.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:19 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I just don't want Quag to ruin the town advantage if we try and lynch him (that is if he is town). But since he doesn't know, we have even less of a clue. Is he lying? I would say he is most likely, but we obviously cannot be sure

@Korlash: Why are you voting for yourself?
[/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:12 am

We can never be sure of anything. However, "most likely" is a lot better than we'll do most of the time.
Permanent V/LA.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Quagmire »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:We can never be sure of anything. However, "most likely" is a lot better than we'll do most of the time.
I swear to god I have not looked at my role.

although mos you seem very scummy; i'm glad we're lynching you tomorrow because you're really stupid and bloodthirsty and worthless

but adele is today's target fo'sho'
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Quagmire »

Adele wrote:however, I won't support antitown play by inaction. If quag won't retract or agree to play a solidly protown game (you know, post "ok, I checked and guess what? I'm a tree! Shocker, no?" so we can get on with the game we're here to play) then I support his lynching.
i don't see how this is anti-town play

i'm as pure as a townsperson can get -- i don't know my role, so i'm not playing with the biases or whatnot that come with knowing my role

and i'm not going to go look at my role today. ever. no way.

i'll find out by default at night, but there's no chance in hell that i'm going to look at my role today
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Quagmire wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:We can never be sure of anything. However, "most likely" is a lot better than we'll do most of the time.
I swear to god I have not looked at my role.

although mos you seem very scummy; i'm glad we're lynching you tomorrow because you're really stupid and bloodthirsty and worthless

but adele is today's target fo'sho'
Nice OMGUS
Permanent V/LA.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Vote: Quagmire

I can't take it anymore. I'd rather kill you now then have to deal with your horrible play. It's not just that you are acting scummy, you are just playing horribly. I would rather someone inactive than someone who refuses to play correctly.
[/i]
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Thok »

[And now for something completely different-a vote count!

Adele (4): (scotmany12, Quagmire, JDodge, Bapa Bail)
Quagmire (4): (d3sisted, PookyTheMagicalBear, Mastermind of Sin, SilverPhoenix)
Korlash (1): (Korlash)
d3sisted (0):
Aimee (0):
Bapa Bail (0):
JDodge (0):
Mastermind of Sin (0):
Max (0):
PookyTheMagicalBear (0):
scotmany12 (0):
SilverPhoenix (0):

Not voting (3): (Aimee, Max, Adele)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I am mainly annoyed by telling everyone who to vote for. You set your target as Adele since before the game even started, and then you use OMGUS for your target tomorrow. Just horrible.....
[/i]
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by JDodge »

SilverPhoenix wrote:
Vote: Quagmire

I can't take it anymore. I'd rather kill you now then have to deal with your horrible play. It's not just that you are acting scummy, you are just playing horribly. I would rather someone inactive than someone who refuses to play correctly.
Hi scum

Unvote, vote: SilverPhoenix
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Korlash wrote:I'm not against wanting an anti-ton person dead, I'm against wanting anyone dead on page 3.
It is never too soon to find scum.
How did you get find scum from what I said? In fact, a 3 page day is in no way helping to find scum.. in fact it is helping to not find scum at all!

FoS: MoS...

And I am voting for Korlash because he is very suspicious! He keeps stealing my stuff, the jerk...

SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

JDodge wrote: Hi scum

Unvote, vote: SilverPhoenix
Not much of an analysis, I'm afraid. Your vote is irrelevant if you don't have anything to back it up with. Also, you didn't complain when Pooky did the same thing. So I am not buying your vote at all....nor should anyone else.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Quagmire wrote:hey
jdodge, scotmany
:

instead of bandwagoning and trying to lynch mos, do you want to go for adele instead? she's really stupid and recent events show that she would be just as worthwile a "principle lynching" as mos...
I wouldn't have pointed this out normally, but since Quagmire refused to change his tactic from the beginning, I can assume that he was seriously playing from then. So what does this mean? Well...it seems like randomness buy why? Why do they (and Bapa Bail) agree with him, and then avoid any real discussion? Is there something I'm missing? Or is this really that easy?
FoS: JDodge, Bapa Bail, Scotmany

Time to start playing seriously, guys.
[/i]
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by Korlash »

And I don't... I am beginning to feel this game is not going to be fun in anyway. We will sit here for a while arguing about how it's best to kill someone like Quagmire then let him live, while I will argue it's better to wait until a good 8 pages or so has gone by before doing that, then you will come back "I don;t want to put up with 8 pages of his crap!", and he will chime in "Vote adele vote adele blah blah blah" and so on and so forth...

Mod, is it at all possible to replace Quagmire? You can clearly see he is not going to actually play the game and I see no point in continuing a game with players like that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”