Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Thok »

Vote Count

Quagmire (4): (d3sisted, PookyTheMagicalBear, Mastermind of Sin, SilverPhoenix)
Adele (2): (Quagmire, Bapa Bail)
SilverPhoenix (2): (JDodge, scotmany12)
Korlash (1): (Korlash)
d3sisted (0):
Aimee (0):
Bapa Bail (0):
JDodge (0):
Mastermind of Sin (0):
Max (0):
PookyTheMagicalBear (0):
scotmany12 (0):

Not voting (3): (Aimee, Max, Adele)

Since Korlash asked, at this time I'm not planning on replacing Quagmire.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Quagmire wrote: I always like to look at the game that I'm playing in in a totally neutral sense; if I feel like I'm dissociated from the game, but just viewing it as an outsider, then I feel that I get a better perspective on the game itself than if I'm already playing on a side. I say that because, when I'm mafia, I tend to try too hard to play like a townsperson, and that bites me in the ass. If I'm a townsperson, I'm too focused on picking up on subliminal mafia tactics, so I don't get a good handle of the bigger picture. Being neutral tends to take away those disadvantages for me, for whatever reason.

Day one is always the worst. There's no information and people just jump on bandwagons for the stupidest and littlest things just to get things going -- there's nothing I hate to hear more than to vote for someone "just to get things started." To do this, I get as much information that I can. I do this in a number of ways that I won't tell you. However, my voting-for-adele policy before the game is a trap, in a sense. I won't say how.

Today I haven't been able to scumhunt so much because I've had to spend most of the time detailing why I won't stump myself or why I won't read my PM that I haven't been able to really get information about specific people.

Going back to the first few paragraphs, though. This helps me. If I find out that I'm a townie, then I've got a good basis and list of things to delve into once a new day dawns -- it's like I've set up an outline of stuff for myself and things to look at, and to give myself direction in that sense helps ground me in figuring out what I want to know. If i turn out to be mafia, I've got a good sense of how to act and what to pursue. It's very simple, really.
Thank you very much for fully explaining your reasoning for not looking at your PM. This is the kind of information would have been helpful 2 pages ago, however. The problem that I had with your beginning tactic is that it made you seem not really wanting to play the game. Since other people seem to know your meta and are siding with, I think I can assume that this is the way you approach each game, which is why I singled them out. Lesson learned....but I still disagree, but that's my opinion. :P
Unvote

@scotmany,JDodge: Obviously, the prior knowledge that you guys had was Quagmire's reason for his beginning neutrality. My main problem with him is that he wanted neutrality but he didn't have a real reason for it until now. But turning that on me is not the way to go. I actually think that you are being opportunistic at my mistake. I never really said I didn't find him scummy. In fact...
Post 89 wrote:That seems like scum trying to shut up a dumb-ass scum partner to me.
I made a small mistake. Don't lynch me for it.
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I still stand by my reasoning. And that post right there calls jdodge scum. You never came straight out and said you thought quag was scum.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I wrote:dumb-ass scum partner
Count it!
[/i]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

And yet, your sole reason for voting for him is that he was acting as a neutral. For example...
SilverPhoenix wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Tell me how a town lynch helps the town
YOU DON'T KNOW QUAG IS TOWN! NEITHER DO I! NEITHER DOES QUAGMIRE, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!
and...
SilverPhoenix wrote:
JDodge wrote:So, if a scum is playing town he must never be lynched?
That isn't what I said. I said that we should lynch obvious neutral because they do not help the town (or the scum, for that matter) whatsoever. As Pooky said, it is better to get rid of him now than later. I am talking about strictly neutral people, not scum playing town or vice versa. I never mentioned Quag being scum/town anywhere, because obviously no one has any clue, including yourself.
And now you are trying to say you found him scummy the whole time? Judging by my posts, you seem to believe that quag never looked at his pm. THEN HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIND HIM SCUMMY AT ALL? How do you judge his actions as scummy if you believe that he doesn't even know what his role is?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by JDodge »

go scot go
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I wrote: I made a small mistake. Don't lynch me for it.
I don't believe that his neutrality is an issue anymore. Now that he fully explained it, I understand and I can deal with it. Your points are really just moot because I don't find it an issue anymore. Please stop arguing with my past self.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

If I was opportunistic, I would have completely ignored Quagmire's last post and still be advocating his lynch. I am not. I just see your and jdodge's actions as trying to get me lynched for what was really a mistake.
[/i]
Bapa Bail
Bapa Bail
Townie
Bapa Bail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Bapa Bail »

SilverPhoenix and Quagmire seem both pro-town to me. I have felt like I can't stand someone annoying (in this case for him, Quagmire). Quagmire just seems like someone who wants to start a fire, and burn everyone, not literally of course.

That's about all I see atm.

Scot's post confuses me, because his attack seems too unwarranted, his tone that is.

JDodge has not said anything meaningful, just a few one liners, like GO SCOT GO etc. Yeah he needs to be stumped so he'll be unbiased, if he's town that is. =)
Bapa Bail
Bapa Bail
Townie
Bapa Bail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Bapa Bail »

I really don't see how claiming to not have read a pm is harmful to the town (referring to Quaggy)?

We could just assume he is scumhunting, and let him attack whoever whenever during the day? It seems like a logical approach, but I don't know why he said so... Unless he seems to be scummy for another reason that's clear, then I don't see any reason why we should push.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Yet you were still advocating his lynch before hand. You can't change that. And then when I question on it, you say you found him scummy. I already pointed out how that contradicts you. In reality, you could not find him scummy, as you believed he never looked at his role. Thus you wanted to lynch a neutral basically.

And whenever scum slip off, they call it a mistake. So yeah, you can call it a mistake all you like. Thats not going to change my opinion.

Bapa Bail, I am a little confused. I don't quite understand how my attack is unwarranted. I saw a slip up, and I'm going with it. I'm trying to hunt scum, how is that unwarranted?
Bapa Bail
Bapa Bail
Townie
Bapa Bail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Bapa Bail »

I assume the 1st post was directed @ SilverPhoenix

I kind of see how SilverPhoenix might be backtracking, but I can see how he might think how you all are twisting his words a bit..
Bapa Bail
Bapa Bail
Townie
Bapa Bail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by Bapa Bail »

I'm going to
unvote, vote JDodge

He's posted nothing of any significance throughout the whole game.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Look scotmany, I was frustrated with Quagmire's apparent inability to explain himself, just as Pooky, MoS and Adele were. His refusal to explain why being neutral is good for anyone led me to believe that he was
never
going to tell us why he went neutral. I, nor the other voting him, was not going to deal with someone who didn't have any reasoning behind his neutrality. I advocated his lynch not because of his neutrality, but because his initial refusal to explain it.
[/i]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Yeah but I'm not really twisting his words. It clearly looked like he believed quag to not have looked at his role. And now he is trying to say what he did before does not matter at all. He wanted to lynch a neutral. That was his only reasoning.

Also, jdodge always does this. If you think its enough, then that is fine, but in a recent game he was like this during day 1 and he turned out to be the doc.

Also, can you answer my question?
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

And now that he has fully explained himself, I see no reason to vote for him. I am obviously not going to say he is protown, but I think he is leaning that way since he is most likely town.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

scotmany wrote: It clearly looked like he believed quag to not have looked at his role.
Why, do you believe he looked at his role?
[/i]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Not buying it silver. And you have still yet to explain how you considered him scummy when you believed that he never looked at his role.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Yes I do, and judging by your posts, you did to.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

When you say they seem protown to you Bapa.

What precisely are the odds that you are putting on them being protown?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I did and still do. And....you're twisting my words. I said that JDodge's and your comments seem to defend Quag's position and it just seemed like scum trying to protect the unknowing scum. I can believe that his role is scum. Being neutral and being scum can be the same thing.
[/i]
Bapa Bail
Bapa Bail
Townie
Bapa Bail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Bapa Bail »

I just meant that we should look at other people for the moment, and look at the big picture.

Also a sidebar: where is max?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

You called him scummy. How do you find someone scummy when you believe that they have never looked at there role? Also, I have yet to see you bring up a case against me and jdodge. Seemed like you were blindly calling us scum so that you can call quag scummy.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

SilverPhoenix wrote:
Vote: Quagmire

I can't take it anymore. I'd rather kill you now then have to deal with your horrible play. It's not just that you are acting scummy, you are just playing horribly. I would rather someone inactive than someone who refuses to play correctly.
There you go. You said he was acting scummy right there.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Korlash »

well I guess you cannot find him scummy or... the opposite of scummy. What woudl that be? Towny? Pro-Town? Not scummy? Anyways, Seems it would in a sense be neither. As he said so himself, he wanted to look at the game in a neutral way. I admit it's still a poor basis fro a lynch but it is in no way a benefit for the town. Maybe for him personally as to his outlook, but to us it is just a hindrance and annoying.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”