Mini 515 - The Pine Barrens - Game Over!

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm not complaining. Suspect all you want, ryan :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Rishi »

Second Vote Count - Day 1

Boggzie - 2 (mcpaltp, TheHermit)
mcpaltp - 2 (Bookitty, Boggzie)
ryan - 1 (Elias_the_thief)
Spider Jerusalem - 1 (opie)
Bookitty - 1 (neko2086)
Zakarum - 1 (hasdgfas)
Elias_the_thief - 1 (ryan)
TheHermit - 1 (Spider Jerusalem)

Not voting: ThAdmiral, Zakarum

12 alive. 7 votes to lynch.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:14 am

Post by TheHermit »

It seems to me like ryan is trying a little too hard to make something out of nothing. Yes, I know the random stage sucks, but it's quite obvious that Bookitty's comment was a joke.

Unvote, Vote: ryan
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:18 am

Post by ryan »

Ah yes the "quite obvious" excuse. Of course I must be scum because I read her postings differently than you. Come on now, seriously.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Spider Jerusalem
Spider Jerusalem
Townie
Spider Jerusalem
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by Spider Jerusalem »

I'm sorry, should I not be throwing suspicions around? Wasn't that what you JUST said earlier Boo?
I didn't see anyone up to this point telling you that you couldn't throw suspicion around, however, when you throw suspicion around you must be prepared for the counter argument.

mcpaltp, and Elias_the_Thief, seem to have just stated they didn't agree that Bookittys post was suspicious. Bookitty herself seems to have presented little more than a defense to your suspense accusation. These all seem valid response to a claim that someone might be acting suspiciously.

So accusing Bookitty of hypocrisy in this case seems unfounded whether the joke was obvious or not. I wonder if TheHermit can confirm if this particular thought is what drew his vote or not.

For now I will accept that you misinterpreted the response to your statement of suspicion since we are just getting warmed up here but I will
unvote: thehermit
as it seems we are moving out of the random stage
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Bookitty wrote:I did forget to insert the /humour tag before and after. My bad.
No, Ryan's bad. It wasn't needed.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Boggzie »

I actually suspect Ryan for a whole different reason, which I'll reveal in due time, but his behavior here hasn't helped.

unvote

FoS: Ryan
Go Tribe!
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by neko2086 »

hrm, I think I'll
unvote
at this point. Bookitty's post was a joke, yeah yeah, Ryan maybe jumped the gun and such, but I wouldn't be too quick to start suspecting him either. I mean, I see people jumping to conclusions about people jumping to conclusions here, and it seems a bit hypocritical and reactionary and opportunistic to me.

Note: I'm not going to point fingers or jump to conclusions myself here. I don't intend to kill discussion either. Obviously suspicion is where it all starts. I just thought I'd point out how antsy a few people are getting here, and perhaps it's worth taking note.
In Tartiflette We Trust
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Yeah, I suspect that there's nothing about ryan jumping the gun that's ACTUALLY a tell. But if we don't start making mountains out of molehills we'll never get out of the random voting stage. :P
Zakarum
Zakarum
Townie
Zakarum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by Zakarum »

TheHermit wrote:Yeah, I suspect that there's nothing about ryan jumping the gun that's ACTUALLY a tell. But if we don't start making mountains out of molehills we'll never get out of the random voting stage. :P
Trying to get a quick lynch?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In the interest of getting out of the random voting stage, I'm going to
unvote
. My vote on mcpaltp was a joke vote.

I think lacking a sense of humour is a nulltell, but pretending to lack a sense of humour is a sign of insincerity and a scumtell. However, I laugh at nearly anything, so it's not as though I have a refined and sophisticated sense of humour. It's possible ryan just didn't think it was very funny.

Do you think that laughing at nearly anything, even the dumbest jokes, is more a sign of 1) blatant stupidity or 2) extreme defence mechanisms? If 2, is it a scumtell? Why would town have any need to be so defensive anyway?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Zakarum wrote:Trying to get a
quick lynch
?
(emphasis added)

I don't think that term means what you think it means.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:15 am

Post by ryan »

Boggzie wrote:
I actually suspect Ryan for a whole different reason, which I'll reveal in due time
, but his behavior here hasn't helped.

unvote

That is a giant cop out and you know it. That's the same as a player saying "I'll contribute when it's closer to end game, I'll be more important than" If you're going to throw suspicion out there at least have the courtesy to back it up so I can respond.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:36 am

Post by Boggzie »

ryan wrote:
Boggzie wrote:
I actually suspect Ryan for a whole different reason, which I'll reveal in due time
, but his behavior here hasn't helped.

unvote

That is a giant cop out and you know it. That's the same as a player saying "I'll contribute when it's closer to end game, I'll be more important than" If you're going to throw suspicion out there at least have the courtesy to back it up so I can respond.
Fine, I'll give it up now.

During our confirmation stage Mafia were allowed to communicate. I have my preferences on here set to email me notices of when I get a PM, as probably most of you do; I received a notice email of a PM from ryan, but it was "unsent" before I could read it. Now, being that Ryan and I have
no
connection other than this game, why would he PM me out of the blue? I believe the answer is pretty simple; he PM'd the wrong name from the list - he's scum. :)

So I'll lay out my vote now.

Vote: Ryan

The mistake of PM'img me also leads me to believe who the partner may be. However we'll see how they follow along now.
Go Tribe!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:53 am

Post by ryan »

Your statement is 110% false. There IS a possibility that I PMed you to be in a game I'm currently modding and needing a replacement (Open 41 if anyone wants to check) but other than that what you've said is a 100% LIE.

Unvote/Vote:Boggzie
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Boggzie »

ryan wrote:Your statement is 110% false. There IS a possibility that I PMed you to be in a game I'm currently modding and needing a replacement (Open 41 if anyone wants to check) but other than that what you've said is a 100% LIE.

Unvote/Vote:Boggzie

"mith@mafiascum.net" to me
show details Oct 15 (3 days ago)

Hello Boggzie,

ryan has sent you a new private message to your account on "mafiascum.net" and you have requested that you be notified on this event. You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/privmsg.php?folder=inbox

Remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in your profile.

--
Thanks, The Management
If anyone would like I'll post a screenshot of my mail, seeing as how I seriously doubt our mod would allow me to forward it.

You're scum, aren't you, Ryan? :) Pretty rookie mistake too, damn typos.

I'd
love
Bookitty's thoughts on this, seeing as how I think that's who he intended to PM.
Go Tribe!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:24 am

Post by mcpaltp »

This is day one. It would be not so bright to claim so strongly on someone unless it's a gambit or you have really great proof. This, admittedly WIFOM-y logic, coupled with ryan's OMGUS response makes me suspicous of ryan.

Vote:ryan
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Boggzie »

-- oh and another note, Rishi PMs my role at 853a, and out of the blue, just an hour later (954a), Ryan PMs me to be a replacement in his game? Right, right, just a coincidence.

You're a liar, man. You're scum and your partner is
so
hating you right now. :)
Go Tribe!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:27 am

Post by mcpaltp »

oh yeah,

unvote, vote:ryan

sorry about that.

Oh, and the whole exchange with Bookitty isn't really influencing my decison, if anyone is wondering.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

boggzie, did you get a PM?
there's a possibility ryan actually did send you a pm for replacement in his game. have you checked the game that he says he needed replacement in? were you interested in being a replacement for him? is your name close to anybody's name who did want to be a replacement. I find you to be a little too sure about this. PM's are sent out for many different reasons. I think you're making too much out of something that is possibly nothing, and that's scummy.
vote: boggzie
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

that should be
unvote, vote: boggzie
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:07 am

Post by neko2086 »

wow this just got really interesting all of a sudden. Before people start taking sides here, let's consider the possible scenarios:
1. Boggzie is innocent and ryan is mafia- ryan makes a silly mistake and backlashes with an omgus vote

2. Boggzie is scum and ryan is innocent- boggzie is fabricating evidence or misinterpreting a coincidental email (which I do think is entirely possible, boggzie)

3. Boggzie and ryan are both innocent- accusations are flaring up for no reason

4. Boggzie and ryan are both scum- ryan did pm Boggzie, and Boggzie is trying to create some mass confusion here. Remember, his accusation of ryan is on the basis that he is innocent and that the pm was an 'accident.' Well, perhaps it wasn't. Now, if ryan were ever to be lynched, Boggzie would seem to be in the clear. I don't really know if the mafia would be willing to kill themselves off so early in the game for this kind of tactic, but I'm somewhat new here, so please enlighten me whether I may be on to something or if this is crazy talk.
In Tartiflette We Trust
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 am

Post by opie »

I'm inclined to believe Boggzie. He's made a pretty bold claim very early. If and when ryan is every lynched and turns out to be townie, any credibility that Boggzie has will go out the window and most likely be the next lynch target himself. I don't think that Boggzie would put that much on the table this soon if he were scum. Therefore I believe Boggzie to be a townie. If Boggzie is a townie, then I do not believe he would make such a play against another player unless he feels that player is in fact scum.

unvote

Vote: ryan
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Boggzie »

hasdgfas wrote:boggzie, did you get a PM?
there's a possibility ryan actually did send you a pm for replacement in his game. have you checked the game that he says he needed replacement in? were you interested in being a replacement for him? is your name close to anybody's name who did want to be a replacement. I find you to be a little too sure about this. PM's are sent out for many different reasons. I think you're making too much out of something that is possibly nothing, and that's scummy.
vote: boggzie
Are you serious? :)

Rishi PMs the roles at 853a, ryan PMs me one-hour, one-minute later and it's a coincidence?

I never asked to replace anywhere.

Also, invariably, instead of deleting the PM why didn't he just PM again and say; "oh already found someone" like
every other mod does
, had I even asked to replace anywhere anyway?

Why come back so hard if he knows I was lying? Why the huge OMGUS vote?

Even better - making a play like this is suicide if I'm lying. It serves no further purpose to make an accusation like this this early in a game this large. It's total stupidity if I'm just lying to knock off one player. Why would anyone with even the slightest amount of exp. in this game do that? Oh wait - they wouldn't! :)

Ryan's scum, period. His defense was a two-line OMGUS and you think I'm the liar? You're hilarious.
Go Tribe!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:20 am

Post by Rishi »

Boggzie wrote: If anyone would like I'll post a screenshot of my mail, seeing as how I seriously doubt our mod would allow me to forward it.
Posting a screenshot would be equivalent to quoting a role PM, which is a mod-killable offense.

Quoting the system e-mail is borderline, but I will let you off with a warning since you are new.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”