Newbie Game #489 - Murder in Smallburg (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wolfbullet
Wolfbullet
Goon
Wolfbullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Wolfbullet »

I'm still here and reading. There is not much more I can do till Selande actually gets round to finishing posting her thoughts.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 am

Post by martini »

That's exactly what I thought :P
Wolfbullet
Wolfbullet
Goon
Wolfbullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Wolfbullet »

Selande when you do get back I think you should just vote. At this rate it'll be Christmas before we are close to done and although Mafia is fun I don't think its top of things to do during Christmas holidays and then nobody will be here. :P
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:17 pm

Post by Selande »

Guys, sorry to let you wait so long. I've been ill, but now I'm back at work. Probably no time today, but I intent to post Friday.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:48 am

Post by martini »

Selande wrote:Guys, sorry to let you wait so long. I've been ill, but now I'm back at work. Probably no time today, but I intent to post Friday.
I'm glad you're back :)
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Selande »

Interactions Franzie- Boggzie/Wolfbullet: Boggzie/Wolfbullet) seems to be Franzie's main target day 1; three of his five votes are on Boggzie/Wb: he votes, unvotes and votes for Boggzie (both times first vote on Boggzie), then changes his vote to Flameaxe (following Boggzie's vote, bringing Flame to L-1), later votes for Wb and brings him to L-1; the fifth vote is the hammer on mcpaltp, following that from Wb: "I'm happy for martini or Selande (or maybe Franzie would like to do some last minute bussing) to drop the hammer if they want to and everyone else is okay with it? "
When Franzie votes Wolfbullet, both mcpaltp and Wb have two votes. Martini has expressed his suspicion of mcpaltp, but hasn't cast a vote yet. So for a scum-pair Franzie/Wb a L-1 vote on mcpaltp seems more advantageous at this point. One point for Wolfbullet. OTOH distancing/bussing on Franzie's part is still a possibility, and Franzie could have read the sentence I quoted from Wb as a request to hammer coming from his scum-partner. 1/2 negative point for Wb.

Interactions Boggzie - Franzie: Boggzie continues to attack N-N, and sees Franzie as his scum-partner. N-N gets his vote. When Flameaxe votes for Boggzie he becomes a third suspect and over the course of the Flameaxe-discussion, Franzie drops off the list of suspects.

Interactions Wolfbullet - Franzie: Upon replacing in Wb drops Boggzie's suspects and sees Franzie and martini as the most scummy and votes for martini.
Wb votes for martini although he lists Franzie as his top suspect - 1 negative point for Wb.

Then Wb develops his case against mcpaltp; Franzie is seen as the most unlikely scumbuddy. After voting Wb he becomes the top-suspect for being mcpaltp's partner.
Wb's defense and accusations against Franzie seem quite genuine, but I'm not sure if he would have reacted differently if he is scum.
Wolfbullet
Wolfbullet
Goon
Wolfbullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Wolfbullet »

Selande wrote:Wb votes for martini although he lists Franzie as his top suspect - 1 negative point for Wb.
I just wanted to say my reason for voting martini was that at the time people thought Boggzie/me and Coxy/martini were scumbuddies. That is the reason why I said as a sign of good faith when I voted. Also at the time I thought martini and Franzie were scumbuddies, even though martini was 2nd it wasn't by very much.

Also I wanted to say I thought mcpaltp/martini were partners and then that changed to mcpaltp/Franzie. I got mcpaltp wrong but the fact that 1 of my top suspects was scum and that the other one is still alive should kick up some more suspicions of martini.
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:03 am

Post by Selande »

Looking back at day one didn't help me that much - it seems equally possible that both of you are scum. And since both of you essentially claim the same actions/tactics for day two and three it doesn't make the decision any easier.

But this game lasted long enough, so I'll vote. Since part of my suspicion against Wolfbullet stems from the fact that he was the more active player and I don't want to punish that:

vote: martini
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Final Vote Count of Day Three:

martini - 2 (Wolfbullet, Selande)

Wolfbullet - 1 (martini)

Selande's grim decision results in martini's body swinging from the gallows. She takes a deep breath, bracing to see what Wolfbullet will do now... but his only reaction is a sigh of relief.

martini,
Mafia
, was lynched Day Three.

Town wins!!
Woo, nicely played
everyone
. I had no idea which way Selande was going to vote, but she took her time and did it just right.

Night choices are pretty obvious: Mafia killed Flameaxe N1 and NabNab N2, and Wolfbullet investigated Franzie N1 and Selande N2.
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:40 am

Post by Selande »

Yay! :D

Thanks all for the game.

Martini, your cop claim at the end made voting for you really difficult.
Franzie
Franzie
Townie
Franzie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Franzie »

Well that took forever. As to my decision at the beginning of day 2, I was pretty much hosed anyway because I got impatient and hammered at the end of day 1. I mean...the fact that it was just about to cross over a month really bothered me, so I didn't care if I hammered, and I planned to claim cop to hopefully cause some chaos.

Thanks for modding, Flayster. 'twas an interesting first game for me.
[i]It's astounding
Time is fleeting
[color=red]Madness[/color]
Takes its toll[/i]
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:30 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Finally.

Wolfbullet, I think you played a very good game (despite getting a bad read on paltap). You analysis was in good order, you didn't jump on Franzie's claim, and you weathered another one very well.

Selande, congratulations on making the choice I would have made weeks ago. The kind of analysis you did D3 should be what you're doing every day.

Franzie/Martini: Did you really discuss Franzie's gambit N1? Why did you choose to get a guilty claim on me? I think what really ruined you two is that martini held out hope that Franzie would be beleived. By being "unsure" of the claim then suddenly coming around and bussing, you made the whole thing pretty clear.

mcpaltap: Sorry for lynching you dude, try to handle it better next time. (The original case on you was pretty weak, it was your erratic behavior under pressure that convinced me)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Selande »

I suck at making decisions. :cry:

But martini didn't say he was unsure about Franzie's claim, that was me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Woo! Victory! I had a good feeling about Selande after our last game together. My whole 'I know you really want to go to night and talk to your buddy and kill people, but must it really be that obvious' got me killed though. :( It made me depressed.

Mc-paltap (as you will now be known as
forever
.) : Sorry bout the lynch from me too. I really wasn't planning on a lynch, only pressure to get you moving where I knew you should be. I wasn't expecting Franzie to quickhammer like that, but I'm glad he did.

Final thoughts: Too many cop claims! Thanks to Flay for great modding, as usual.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:35 am

Post by martini »

Dammit :P
Btw, Wolfbullet, for some reason I had a feeling you were cop :P
Well, this was my first game as Mafia, and I think I learned from it, so that's good :)
Wolfbullet
Wolfbullet
Goon
Wolfbullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Wolfbullet »

Phew. Glad you picked me in the end Selande. :D After your first post saying you were leaning towards martini and your point system seemed to have me with more negatives I was a bit worried.

I gotta say sorry to mcpaltp as well. I really did think the pattern was pretty suspect and then how you reacted to it dug your own grave from my point of view. If you had reacted in a better way then I think we would have lynched Franzie D1 and then I would have investigated you and found you innocent. Least we got a win in the end. :)

Franzie and martini were my first suspects when I joined the game so I learned first instincts can mean a lot. I also shouldn't have made the comment about being okay with someone putting the hammer down on mcpaltp, it just put me in a bad light.

Thanks for modding Mr Flay. And if I don't see any of you in another game have a good Christmas! :)
Wolfbullet
Wolfbullet
Goon
Wolfbullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Wolfbullet »

I meant to ask why didn't you scum players go after me on day 2? I'd gone after mcpaltp so much I must have been the perfect target. Even though your cop claim was pretty bad Franzie it might have had some more success if you had picked me instead of NN.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:07 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Hey guys, good game.

Sorry for acting so freak-outy, but I just couldn't think of a good response to the accusations. I sort of wanted to see what it felt like to be the brunt of a melt-down so I'd know how it felt.

By the time I got lynched, I was pretty sure that Wb was town, so that was good. I wasn't so sure of Franzie, but good call on that. Good call on martini, too.

It was fun, but boy was the pace glacial.

Sorry if I annoyed or made anyone sad.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Franzie wrote:I was pretty much hosed anyway because I got impatient and hammered at the end of day 1. I mean...the fact that it was just about to cross over a month really bothered me, so I didn't care if I hammered, and I planned to claim cop to hopefully cause some chaos.
Hence one of the reasons we like games to take longer than many other sites do; scum sometimes get impatient and make mistakes.

Still, it was a good game overall. I'll post a graph of your posting rate later tonight when I get home...
Franzie
Franzie
Townie
Franzie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Franzie »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Franzie wrote:I was pretty much hosed anyway because I got impatient and hammered at the end of day 1. I mean...the fact that it was just about to cross over a month really bothered me, so I didn't care if I hammered, and I planned to claim cop to hopefully cause some chaos.
Hence one of the reasons we like games to take longer than many other sites do; scum sometimes get impatient and make mistakes.

Still, it was a good game overall. I'll post a graph of your posting rate later tonight when I get home...
I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten impatient if I was town, in a game taking this long. If mine and mcpaltp's roles were exchanged, I could see myself doing what he did. Maybe not that extreme, but my comments would definitely start dripping with sarcasm around the 3-week mark.
[i]It's astounding
Time is fleeting
[color=red]Madness[/color]
Takes its toll[/i]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Franzie wrote:I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten impatient if I was town, in a game taking this long. If mine and mcpaltp's roles were exchanged, I could see myself doing what he did. Maybe not that extreme, but my comments would definitely start dripping with sarcasm around the 3-week mark.
Sure, but as town I think you might have confined yourself to sarcastic comments (I do it all the time, no matter what my faction). As scum you may have felt a little extra liberty/justification for your kill, and wanted to get to night... *shrug*

Anyway, here's what posting looked like in this game:
Day Three is no surprise, of course, but other than that you guys did a pretty good job, and didn't have to have any deadlines.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Thats quite a spike.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”