Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Khelvaster »

As an added service,

All Votecounts are set to 0. There are 12 townies remaining, so you will need 7 votes to lynch
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

FUCK YOU KHELVASTER.

I REPLACED TIMMERS2001 SIX FUCKING WEEKS AGO.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

Incidentally, I suggest you PM the remaining scum and ask him/her if (s)he wants to continue.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:10 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Roles still alive:
2 Mafia
1 Serial Killer
0/1 Cops
0/1/2 Docs
0/2 Masons
0/1 Vigilante
3-9 Townies
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Somestrangeflea,

We know we have a vig, though, right? Because of the night 0 kills? And I would assume Khelvaster would have told us if the vig had died because he told us the cop did.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Oman »

Shit...that is a confirmed cop gone.

Thats a lot of power.

Still we now have reliable scum and town alignments which we didn't have before.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Oman »

The whole of our "confirmed scum"'s posts:

"@Loudmouth -

I would disagree that the vig has a 50/50 chance of hitting scum or town. There are a lot less scum in this game. Why would you say there is a 50/50 chance? The vig is much more likely to hit town that he is scum.

Anyway, I'm going to save my vote for the time being. "

"No access until either Sunday or Monday and I will have to re-read the thread then. "
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Oman »

Fonz in 405 wrote:Good evening.

Firstly, the Oman wagon is absolutely retarded.

Secondly, I would like to know why, of the players on the Sammich wagon, everyone jumped on Schteven in particular.
Now, this seems to be either to defend Schteven, or to get the Sammich wagon in an unfavourable light, defending Sammich.
Fonz, in post 486, wrote:Nothing that's happened recently has convinced me to support a shteven or Oman lynch, i don't think. This Tyler thing may be promising, i'll take a look in isolation.
Tyler looks likely town as there is no reason for a bus so early. Though, of course, there is the other side in which I say Fonz is likely a scumbuddy with Tyler due to this:
Fonz in 529 wrote:I do worry that we might be finding ourselves in a MAD I situation, where all those participating get increasingly pissed off with one another, and most if not all are town, whilst the scum just lurk through for victory, so I won't be supporting this wagon just yet.
which Fonz knows isn't true ("Most if not all are town") so I wonder why he rejects the wagon.

Thus, due to his rejection of the wagon for no logical reason:
Vote TylerJ
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Also, there is no conceivable reason for the mod to reveal a modkilled cop's result. I didn't notice this at the time due to my incredible pissed-offness at being modkilled for no reason, but it's one more piece of game distorting information.

This game should be abandoned due to EXTREME mod misconduct. I'd out my remaining scumbuddy if i could remember who it was.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Oman »

The idea I guess is that the cop would've told us his result if he were being lynched, not modkilled.

Also, you need to be less grumpy.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:57 pm

Justin wrote:Somestrangeflea,

We know we have a vig, though, right? Because of the night 0 kills? And I would assume Khelvaster would have told us if the vig had died because he told us the cop did.
Indeed. I for got.

Roles still alive:
2 Mafia
1 Serial Killer
1 Vigilante
0/1 Cops
0/1/2 Docs
0/2 Masons
3-8 Townies

Oh, and we can rule out LaptopGun as being one of the two Mafia.

Also, not sure of the benefits or problems of this, but I wanted to throw a massclaim onto the table.

*throws
Fonzie wrote:Also, there is no conceivable reason for the mod to reveal a modkilled cop's result. I didn't notice this at the time due to my incredible pissed-offness at being modkilled for no reason, but it's one more piece of game distorting information.
/in
Fonzie wrote:This game should be abandoned due to EXTREME mod misconduct. I'd out my remaining scumbuddy if i could remember who it was.
*cough*You have two...*cough*
Oman wrote:The idea I guess is that the cop would've told us his result if he were being lynched, not modkilled.
But that's the difference. He wasn't lynched, he was killed off. We don't get mod-confirmed investigation results when a Cop gets NK'd.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Oman »

Thats a good point. I'm going to have to support the "Also, there is no conceivable reason for the mod to reveal a modkilled cop's result. I didn't notice this at the time due to my incredible pissed-offness at being modkilled for no reason, but it's one more piece of game distorting information." Rally.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Damn, that's a lot of hilarity. I'll be back tomorrow for fallout analysis.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm having a thought.

Perhaps we only have one cop (who is now dead) and the confirm on laptopgun was a balance maneauver.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Oman »

Flea wrote:Also, not sure of the benefits or problems of this, but I wanted to throw a massclaim onto the table.
I disagree with a massclaim at this point.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:53 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Oman wrote:I'm having a thought.

Perhaps we only have one cop (who is now dead) and the confirm on laptopgun was a balance maneauver.
It still shouldn't have been done, I'd say 3 townies and a cop for 1 scum is a fair swap without the cop result.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:40 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oman wrote:The idea I guess is that the cop would've told us his result if he were being lynched, not modkilled.
And he wouldn't if he were nightkilled. And a scum being lynched would have time to fakeclaim.
Also, you need to be less grumpy.
How would you feel if you'd put a large amount of time and effort into a game, spent a couple hours re-reading, and you were modkilled for no good reason whatsoever due to modding malpractice?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Oman »

Yeah, But i suggest we take this to somewhere like MD and keep it out of the thread due to the distracting factor it will have.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well no. I believe the malpractice is sufficiently severe that the thread will likely need to be abandoned anyway, so 'distracting' from the game isn't really an issue.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Oman »

Well, thats your opinion, but: "How would you feel if you'd put a large amount of time and effort into a game, spent a couple hours re-reading, and the thread was unneccesarily distracted and then shut down when still salvagable?"
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:06 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'd argue the premise that it's salvageable. If it had been my scumbuddy modkilled for no reason, and the mod had confirmed the innocence of a living player, equally for no good reason, and I was a living scum, I would be demanding abandonment. The mod has gone out of his way to screw over the scumteam here and ensure that the game isn't fair. If it isn't fair, it isn't fun.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also, have you noticed that not all inactives have been modkilled?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:21 am

The Fonz wrote:If it had been my scumbuddy modkilled for no reason, and the mod had
confirmed the innocence of a living player
, equally for no good reason, and I was a living scum, I would be demanding abandonment.
Bolded section is not quite correct. LaptopGun can still be the SK.
The Fonz wrote:Also, have you noticed that not all inactives have been modkilled?
Namely: Aimee, OpposedForce, Sammich and ooba.

Any particular reason why these folk are still standing?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:38 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well, I guess I agree with Fonz (even though, I think he is going about getting his point across incorrectly). Khel obviously fucked up the mod kill situation. Gatorguy is an ass for committing to mod a game he couldnt finish. This game really isnt fun. I thought it would get better once the mod killed off inactives, but he didnt kill off all of the inactive and killed off some that were still in the game. Of course if the game was update (1st page) or the Mod was paying attention, this could have been avoided. Does Khel even have mod powers? Who ball dropping action was that?

At any rate, I vote abandonment...which I think is a pisser for Justin playfair, who has put a lot of work into the game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Sadly enough I'm not sure I don't agree.

I will say Fonz, that you hadn't posted for 11 days before the modkill, so you freaking out over it to the extent you are is a little over the top. Shoot, you've posted almost as much since you got modkilled as you had in total, since the middle of November, when you joined the game. On the other hand it is also fair to say that some people weren't modkilled who hadn't been here in an even longer time.

And that's why I'm not sure we have anyplace to go.

Because I don't have the sense we're likely to see Opposed Force again, and Sammich and Aimee have been gone for a really long time. I guess in Aimee's case she's likely to be back at some point, but I don't know about Sammich. I think Ooba has been sniffing around, but that's still three more players seemingly MIA.

This means we're likely still hunting for multiple replacements or looking at more modkills. And my guess is modkills, unless we all decide to go Oman’s route and lynch those who don’t post in order of their seeming scumminess. Because I don’t think I’d replace into this game now, and I like replacing.

I don’t blame Khelvaster for this at all. Thanks for coming in to mod, Khelvaster. There’s no telling how unbalanced the game would have been left if Aimee, Opposed Force and Sammich had been whacked, too. If all three were town you’re left with six town and three scum (2 mafia + 1 SK) even with Fonz killed too. And with two kills (maybe three kills, if the vig’s still alive) per night, that wouldn’t leave much game left to play. When I pm’ed Khelvaster I alluded to this. He was in a tough spot, trying to salvage a game that wasn’t his to begin with, and I suspect he tried to find the best balance he could. I see the big problem here being whether there were enough working parts left to keep the game functioning.

And thanks, CuriousKarmaDog, but I’m just getting started here, and I need the practice whether the game goes to conclusion or not. Believe it or not I actually made shorter entry posts here than in the first game I replaced in (like half as long and less) so it’s already been a good experience for me. A couple more and I might get them down to a size that doesn’t make people cry because they have to read them.

I’m more than happy to go on with the game. But I’m okay with it if the general will is that we should abandon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”