Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:52 am

Post by implosion »

Dwlee is probably town. BBT is more weakly town. myko's 37 is sort of just a common phenomenon on this site. I've made pretty much an identical post before.

Hiei is very slightly scummy for their opening post and subsequent reaction, but it's pretty insignificant. I still need to read page 2 more closely because I have to go to class in 1 minute but for now I'm actually going to ask for this wagon:

Unvote

VOTE: Felissan
"I just don't get a townvibe from you" after a vote feels like appeasement + a psychological desire not to commit to the read. I haven't actually read the rest of the post. I will when I can.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 37, mykonian wrote:we could be out of rvs right now.

You know, why not.

Garmr already committed a scumtell trying to call someone town. There's no need for the word "honestly" there, it only makes sense from a point where scum is trying to think like town. The word "honestly" implies that he comes from a setting where he was prepared to lie this game, then found a situation where it wasn't necessary. Add to this that he's stepping in to protect someone from an accusation and that little sentence becomes quite damning. Buddying and at the same time showing off his mindset is scummy.

So dwlee, are we out of rvs? :)

In post 39, Dwlee99 wrote:So saying he doesn't see anything scummy is a scum tell? Okay, totally.

how is that your conclusion after that post. It's not even close to the message I put up there.

Think that took 2 pages to make everything dwlee says worthless for me from now on. If your first response to a post is to see how you can pull it out of context and make a sarcastic remark, I don't have a clue what you are doing here. Meanwhile his vote is a hard omgus. Fun one. First makes him worthless town, second worthless scum. Hope he's not on my team.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:08 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 43, Keyser Söze wrote:I do not understand this question :shifty: :
In post 8, mykonian wrote:what were you trying to do there, soze?

first post looked like a misquote, didn 't really understand what was going on.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:09 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 38, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:But you're voting Herrcombs...

I don't see how this matters.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 51, mykonian wrote:

You know, why not.

Garmr already committed a scumtell trying to call someone town. There's no need for the word "honestly" there, it only makes sense from a point where scum is trying to think like town. The word "honestly" implies that he comes from a setting where he was prepared to lie this game, then found a situation where it wasn't necessary. Add to this that he's stepping in to protect someone from an accusation and that little sentence becomes quite damning. Buddying and at the same time showing off his mindset is scummy.

In post 39, Dwlee99 wrote:So saying he doesn't see anything scummy is a scum tell? Okay, totally.

how is that your conclusion after that post. It's not even close to the message I put up there.

Think that took 2 pages to make everything dwlee says worthless for me from now on. If your first response to a post is to see how you can pull it out of context and make a sarcastic remark, I don't have a clue what you are doing here. Meanwhile his vote is a hard omgus. Fun one. First makes him worthless town, second worthless scum. Hope he's not on my team.

Lol, k.
Your reasons for him being scum were the word "honestly" and his seeing nothing scummy. So you were saying that not seeing anything scummy is a scum tell. That's what you were saying. Don't act like your entire read was greater than that, cause it wasn't. My conclusion of your post is exactly what your post is, a weak case held up by the assumption that saying the word "honestly" is a scum tell. Second, thanks for calling me worthless. Totally appreciate it. Third, my vote isn't even an OMGUS. He says I'm being scummy for something implosion did and not even questioning implosion. Inconsistency is a scum tell.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:29 am

Post by mykonian »

oh god it can read.

was that so hard, dear?

and gosh, a page 2 case when the biggest thing that happened otherwise are your omgus (which it was, shut up) and herr's laughing off isn't lynch worthy. Call the papers.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:41 am

Post by herrcombs »

In post 44, Dwlee99 wrote:I clipped it out because the rest was gibberish about him saying the word "honestly". He did say some stuff about it being him buddying and "Add to this that he's stepping in to protect someone from an accusation and that little sentence becomes quite damning." but it's a weak case that relies on saying the word "honestly" being a scum tell, which, like you said, isn't one.

Yeah, but your original quote ("So saying he doesn't see anything scummy is a scum tell? Okay, totally") ignored the part of his post where he thought Garmr was scummy for buddying someone (pretty sure that someone was me). Not sure why you felt you had to manipulate mykonian's to get your point across.

pedit: What's with the caustic aggression coming out of mykonian? Calling another player after a very short back-and-forth "either a worthless town or a worthless scum", and then dehumanizing him by calling him "it"... No clue if this is a matter of playstyle or if he's getting super bent out of shape because his 37 was jumped on, or what. But it doesn't seem like myko is working to get past it, either way. Just seems to be instigating a fight with Dwlee. Also, noted that mykonian is ignoring Dwlee's reasoning for voting Soze and trying to insist it's simply OMGUS.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: mykonian
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:51 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 56, herrcombs wrote:Not sure why you felt you had to manipulate mykonian's 37 to get your point across.

Because I don't take kindly to this. Nor do I think should you.

You are the 3rd to comment on it by now (so it's pretty obvious), and manipulating isn't seen favorably anyway. What does that say about how dwlee thinks about the people in this game that he thinks he can get that past us?

For one I would have enjoyed a fair discussion. And secondly I am not very pleased by the implication that dwlee, who doesn't look like the sharpest knife in the drawer, thinks he's the smartest of the bunch here.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 47, Dwlee99 wrote:Now now, you shouldn't make "easy random town/scum reads".

My
seperate
points were:
- I thought implosion's comment about a "Dierfire + Hieirama scumteam" was not serious.
- I thought your 'easy' town reads of BlueBloodedToffee and implosion were serious.

I did not ignore implosion's post.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:06 am

Post by implosion »

I really don't see any reason at all to care about myko vs Dwlee. It seems unproductive.
Anyway, let's actually look at the points in this post:
In post 48, Felissan wrote:Looks like a lot has happened already.
I just don't get a town vibe from you, myko - let me do a breakdown of your ISO:
: instead of starting straight away with a RVS, you question the flavor in Keyser's. Not starting with RVS is weird, questioning something as insignificant as the reason for a RVS is weird too. Nothing read-worthy by this point, still.
and : that's your RVS. A bit convoluted and arbitrary, but hey, that's a RVS.
: you admit to your vote originally being a joke. That's perfectly normal. But then, you say "lolwut is going on" is a scum slip from herrcombs? I just don't get it.
: you provoke BBT about not following on your wagon. Now that's just weird: the reasons behind a RVS aren't the kind of thing worth questioning, and that's the second time you do it. Again, not alignment-indicative, but giving me a scum vibe.
: everyone's favorite post! You answer Dwlee who was saying it was too early to have an actual read, by showing him an "actual" reason for a read - but first, the reasoning behind that read just doesn't hold together (this post has already been shot down for that by Dwlee, herrcombs, Keyser - nothing to add to what they already told), and second, if you actually read Garmr for that, why would you keep your vote on herrcombs? Your vote on herrcombs was originally based on a joke and an ethereal scumslip, so how would that be less scummy than an actual point?

Before anything else, I have a few questions for you: what was the point asking people about RVS? What was herrcombs's scum slip? And also, everything ever said about 37.

8: "weird, but not a scumtell"
12 and 16: purely information, no analysis.
20: "I just don't get it."
34: "Just weird, not alignment-indicative, but giving me a scum vibe."
37/the rest of it: some basic questions to myko.

The analysis of 34 is so hedgey. Not indicative, but giving a scum vibe anyway? If something is giving you a scumvibe then by definition you think it's indicative that the person in question is scum. There's so much description of myko's play as weird rather than scummy. No analysis in that post seems worthy of justifying a myko vote to me, it just feels opportunistic. Plus there's what I already said about the "i don't get a townvibe" part.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:06 am

Post by implosion »

Basically it feels like scum who wanted to vote myko and was justifying it after the fact of deciding that.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 60, implosion wrote:Basically it feels like scum who wanted to vote myko and was justifying it after the fact of deciding that.

I'd err on the side of caution with that read.

I do enjoy your analysis.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Felissan »

Rule number one of reading anything i say: there may be an euphemism in there. If you didn't understand that as "I do them all the time", then don't even bother reading what I say.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:19 am

Post by mykonian »

Doesn't really matter feli. It's a glorified gut read and it's wrong.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Felissan »

In post 63, mykonian wrote:Doesn't really matter feli. It's a glorified gut read and it's wrong.

It's not a gut read anymore since I caught up to post 34, and you saying it's wrong just doesn't bring anything to the table. Think of some relevant stuff to say before pushing that Submit button next time. Also, make sure you don't contradict yourself in one post like you did in , might be useful if you don't want to be obvscum in my eyes for the rest of your life.

If you want me to justify what implosion thought to be questionable, without any euphemism this time: first, remember i tried to show my reasoning as I re-read your ISO. I put in post 8 through 16 because they just complement with the other things that were wrong with your play, to show those weren't just one-time weird stuff happening. I don't say anything about them straight away, but they do make later posts into stuff that makes the buzzer go beep.
implosion wrote:I really don't see any reason at all to care about myko vs Dwlee. It seems unproductive.
Anyway, let's actually look at the points in this post:
In post 48, Felissan wrote:Looks like a lot has happened already.
I just don't get a town vibe from you, myko - let me do a breakdown of your ISO:
: instead of starting straight away with a RVS, you question the flavor in Keyser's. Not starting with RVS is weird, questioning something as insignificant as the reason for a RVS is weird too. Nothing read-worthy by this point, still.
and : that's your RVS. A bit convoluted and arbitrary, but hey, that's a RVS.
: you admit to your vote originally being a joke. That's perfectly normal. But then, you say "lolwut is going on" is a scum slip from herrcombs? I just don't get it.
: you provoke BBT about not following on your wagon. Now that's just weird: the reasons behind a RVS aren't the kind of thing worth questioning, and that's the second time you do it. Again, not alignment-indicative, but giving me a scum vibe.
: everyone's favorite post! You answer Dwlee who was saying it was too early to have an actual read, by showing him an "actual" reason for a read - but first, the reasoning behind that read just doesn't hold together (this post has already been shot down for that by Dwlee, herrcombs, Keyser - nothing to add to what they already told), and second, if you actually read Garmr for that, why would you keep your vote on herrcombs? Your vote on herrcombs was originally based on a joke and an ethereal scumslip, so how would that be less scummy than an actual point?

Before anything else, I have a few questions for you: what was the point asking people about RVS? What was herrcombs's scum slip? And also, everything ever said about 37.

8: "weird, but not a scumtell"
12 and 16: purely information, no analysis.
20: "I just don't get it."
34: "Just weird, not alignment-indicative, but giving me a scum vibe."
37/the rest of it: some basic questions to myko.

The analysis of 34 is so hedgey. Not indicative, but giving a scum vibe anyway? If something is giving you a scumvibe then by definition you think it's indicative that the person in question is scum. There's so much description of myko's play as weird rather than scummy. No analysis in that post seems worthy of justifying a myko vote to me, it just feels opportunistic. Plus there's what I already said about the "i don't get a townvibe" part.

8 shows that 34 wasn't just a (admittedly dumb, someone's early vote is theirs) joke but something with your overall behavior, and 12 and 16 don't have much to say about them by themselves - but again, they showcase the same "I need an occasion to vote THAT person" attitude as 20.
For 20, I said I didn't get what the hell you meant when you said herr did a scum slip. Again, let me quote that post.
In post 18, herrcombs wrote:lolwut is going on

Your reaction to that was "but now that scumslip. This is actually interesting." I don't see a scumslip, and if there is one, it's not "interesting": it's an average RVS post from someone who has already voted.
In 34, when I said it's not indicative, I meant it's not something that would seem scummy out of context. But you don't plant a nail with one big hit, you do it with several small ones. Analogies work like euphemisms, btw.
Everything after that was not just some basic questions - I showed further how 37 was absurd than people did before, and I asked not just basic questions to you: I was asking what you thought you could possibly be doing with all these posts that made you look scum to me.

Also, finally, this post is just wrong as a whole - it was not analysis, it was just pointing out the words I used. It doesn't say anything about my reasoning. Plus, it doesn't make sense in the first place how he saw I said "I just don't get a townvibe from you" without carefully reading the entire non-vote-tagged part of the post.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 64, Felissan wrote:It's not a gut read anymore since I caught up to post 34, and you saying it's wrong just doesn't bring anything to the table.

oh, I know that. Implosions analysis is correct though. You point out things you don't like.

And don't think I haven't seen it before. In my games, I'm the constant. Cases like your pop up. I tick people off and I'm aware of that. Which is why you get cases based with things you can put your finger on, but can't really go on and explain why scum would do them either. You can try and you probably get somewhere if you tried hard, but it's a bit of a struggle. Which is why implosion can point out that he dislikes your case because you are mostly showing where I'm weird.

Now, odds are that you aren't scum with that though. They don't tend to make that case early on. Which is why it's probably better to err on the side of caution, while he's right in his analysis. I ticked you off and you tried to find a case that justified that gut read, and it's not very good.

Which is why it's pretty hard to dislike implosion here. He's reading the game and catching what's off, that's a good start for a townread. He might be buddying but then I'm a sucker for that anyway.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Dierfire »

DWL is Town and easy to lynch. Players voting DWL are therefore more likely to be Mafia.

UNVOTE: BBT
VOTE: Keyser
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:01 am

Post by herrcombs »

What is the basis for all these DWL townreads I'm seeing (BBT, implosion, Dierfire)? Could someone fill me in?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 55, mykonian wrote:oh god it can read.

was that so hard, dear?

and gosh, a page 2 case when the biggest thing that happened otherwise are your omgus (which it was, shut up) and herr's laughing off isn't lynch worthy. Call the papers.

It's funny how in a GAME you resort to calling someone "It". Good job dude.
In post 56, herrcombs wrote:
In post 44, Dwlee99 wrote:I clipped it out because the rest was gibberish about him saying the word "honestly". He did say some stuff about it being him buddying and "Add to this that he's stepping in to protect someone from an accusation and that little sentence becomes quite damning." but it's a weak case that relies on saying the word "honestly" being a scum tell, which, like you said, isn't one.

Yeah, but your original quote ("So saying he doesn't see anything scummy is a scum tell? Okay, totally") ignored the part of his post where he thought Garmr was scummy for buddying someone (pretty sure that someone was me). Not sure why you felt you had to manipulate mykonian's to get your point across.

pedit: What's with the caustic aggression coming out of mykonian? Calling another player after a very short back-and-forth "either a worthless town or a worthless scum", and then dehumanizing him by calling him "it"... No clue if this is a matter of playstyle or if he's getting super bent out of shape because his 37 was jumped on, or what. But it doesn't seem like myko is working to get past it, either way. Just seems to be instigating a fight with Dwlee. Also, noted that mykonian is ignoring Dwlee's reasoning for voting Soze and trying to insist it's simply OMGUS.

UNVOTE:

I don't understand how it's manipulating. I was just quoting the specific part that I wanted to respond to. Like right here I wanted to cut out the last half of your post because it's not what I'm responding to. But I didn't just so I don't bother people when I don't need to.
In post 57, mykonian wrote:
In post 56, herrcombs wrote:Not sure why you felt you had to manipulate mykonian's 37 to get your point across.

Because I don't take kindly to this. Nor do I think should you.

You are the 3rd to comment on it by now (so it's pretty obvious), and manipulating isn't seen favorably anyway. What does that say about how dwlee thinks about the people in this game that he thinks he can get that past us?

For one I would have enjoyed a fair discussion. And secondly I am not very pleased by the implication that dwlee, who doesn't look like the sharpest knife in the drawer, thinks he's the smartest of the bunch here.

Already addressed the manipulation part and now you just insult my intelligence and are trying to make me look like a jerk by saying I "think I'm the smartest of the bunch here." when I obviously don't. You're the one manipulating people and acting like you're the smartest person in the world.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 41, herrcombs wrote:
In post 21, Garmr wrote:VOTE: bluewaffle

Because I like you

Wait... Who's bluewaffle? Did you mean BBT? Or are you voting someone who's not in this game?

Its my pet name for bbt since the first game we had
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 68, Dwlee99 wrote:Already addressed the manipulation part and now you just insult my intelligence and are trying to make me look like a jerk

Not quite sure why you are surprised. Take em as you dish em out. You don't have to like me and I sure as hell don't like you.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

You're so cool mykonian~
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Garmr »

You know, why not.

honestly I use that word a lot it features in all my recent games. Also what's this bs about calling someone town. I said I don't see anything scummy yet. You seem like your reaching so have my vote.

VOTE: mycorana
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Is being an asshole a scum tell? Can someone tell me?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:32 am

Post by mykonian »

well garmr sucks :)

vote garmr

herr's 67 seems town. He doesn't look particulary devious either. Probably should go on the townlist then.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”