Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:14 pm

Post by Sugar »

mathcam... I did sort of jump the gun (or the sword?) there, didn't I? I was just convinced (and am now, more than before) that we were wasting time with all the discussion about Someone's scumminess. Anybody else who is a regular townie would also be pretty sure. But then, it's quite possible that he and I are the only ones with that role. Given the storyline here, there are so many possible roles, but I'm sure there are at least two regular town. And if he turns out to be scum, then I'll sit in the fire swamp for awhile.

There are all kinds of wacky ways for those who are true town to reveal that fact to Someone and I, but is it worth it? He and I would then have a pool of confirmed-ish innocents to protect from lynches... but that's where my ideas trail off. Anybody have any ideas here, or is this just a waste of time?

There's nothing else I can do, here, except
FOS Werebear and Fletcher
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:53 pm

Post by jadesmar »

[quote=Darkblade]Getting peopel to claim they aren't townie? How very helpful to the mafia to know who the protown roles are.[/quote]

Sorry, forgot the sarcasm tags. This is precisely why I wanted pro-town people to stop doubting that there are Florin townies in the game.
You must be drunk 'cuz you're all blurry.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:42 pm

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count:

Someone
(4):
mlaker, Dragon Phoenix, rite, mikehart

massive
(3):
CRiX, Someone, mathcam

Werebear
(1):
Fletcher

mathcam
(1):
Dourgrim

mikehart
(1):
mole

jadesmar
(1):
Darkblade

Not voting (7):
Fishbulb, jadesmar, JereIC, Leonidas, massive, Sugar, Werebear

10 votes summons the Brute Squad.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:32 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

jadesmar wrote:Sorry, forgot the sarcasm tags. This is precisely why I wanted pro-town people to stop doubting that there are Florin townies in the game.
Well, it's a good thing you made sure and point that out for all the scum. You were even nice enought to add a handy list. [/sarcasm]
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:10 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

First of all,
unvote: mathcam
because that was just silly randomness.

Sugar: did I miss something, or is there a reason for FoS-ing Werebear and Fletcher? Don't mistake this for me leaping to anyone's defense, mind you... I'm just curious because it seems like kind of a non sequitur in your last post. *shrug*

Frankly, I think it's pretty darn odd that someone would join a themed game and:
  • not know anything about the theme, and
    not do even basic research about said theme.
Which leads me to the suspicion voiced earlier: how in the heck can someone in this game not have any clue who Buttercup is? massive pointed this out and used it as a springboard into "evidence" of scumminess, but I'm not so sure. It's a definite possibility, but it's not enough to warrant a vote... yet.

FoS: Someone
&
massive
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:20 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Unvote Someone.

Let's try to smoke out one of the non-posters:

vote Leonidas
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:09 pm

Post by jadesmar »

Fishbulb/Darkblade - some thoughts for you to consider:
1. If you doubt that there are Florin townies in the game you are probably not a Florin townie.
2. I am no-one special, if I can make a list so can the mafia
3. Hence, the mafia probably already have a list.
4. Bringing this to the towns attention should stop the list from growing.
5. If there are any mafia on the list, they can't very well kill eveyone on the list without bringing some attention to the remaining living list members. So here's hoping.

List: massive, mathcam, JereIC, Fishbulb, Fletcher
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:21 am

Post by Werebear »

I was kind of wondering about that myself, Sugar. *curious look*

Anyways, jadesmar, your post is logical, but I still would hesitate to post that list. Here's hoping 2-4 players on there are mafia. :)
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:27 am

Post by mathcam »

For what it's worth, jadesmar, I got your sarcasm. It's a valid point, but there's also the fact that Someone
had
been lying about his role, we would have found this out. There were plusses to discussing it.

I don't see why the people on your list (massive, mathcam, JereIC, Fishbulb, Fletcher) would be good targets. The information that they're probably not basic townies itself gives them a higher chance of being mafia, but combine this with the fact that a mafia would probably just keep their big mouth shut on the whole affair makes me actually
less
suspicious of the people on your list. But that's probably just because I'm on there.

I agree with Dourgrim that the two people who jump out the most at the moment are Someone and massive, but I'll leave my vote on massive for the time being.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:49 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Okay, so let me get this straight, jadesmar. You think that because you can make a list, that means scum did. That's great you added your points (numbered even), but it doesn't change the fact that you put up a big sign pointing at players for doing something you don't think they should've done. Rather than leaving it alone and hoping the mafia didn't notice, you felt you had to highlight it for them. You could've been subtle about it. Besides, like mathcam said, "there were plusses to discussing it". The
main
problem with your points is: what does it matter if we admit we *are not* Florin townspersons? Just because we have found a couple of them doesn't mean that everyone who isn't a Florin townsperson has a special role. Even a named character could still be a basic townie.

What it looks like to me is that you are just trying to sick the mafia on some pro-town roles to fit your
own
agenda. Your posts have been quite unhelpful in this process of finding possible scum; you seem to specialize in finding mafia targets. I won't go as far to say you are mafia, since you could've just pm'd them the list after dark. However, I can't help but think you are not on the side of the town.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:50 am

Post by massive »

Fishbulb wrote: But I'm still curious as to massive's acting.
Not acting, but at least the game I am impacting.
Fishbulb wrote: Especially since his defense was, it seems, to not even read the thread thoroughly.
I'll go into a little more detail, merrily. Someone's claim was that I was bringing up his non-knowledge of the game (which Polarboy pointed out first, not me) and his voting for an absentee as "evidence" that I started the bandwagon without actually voting for him. I can't SEE the bandwagon to see if anyone even referred to what I said. That's the only "suspicious" thing I've done according to Someone. I missed the entire day that's missing so I have nothing to defend against.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:57 am

Post by mathcam »

The post that Someone accused of being suspicious is still there, massive. Your "the jig is up" is when you began your attack on Someone for not knowing who buttercup was. Someone's point was that you made an attack but didn't even follow it through with a vote, which appears like an attempt to start with a bandwagon without having to take liability later if/when he turns out to be innocent.

As far as I know, that's the only argument being made against you, massive, and that's why my vote is on you. All it takes is a stronger argument against someone else (other than me, I suppose), for me to switch my vote.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:00 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Ah, so at the first post, you had seen the initial accusation, yet you chose to quote mathcam a few posts later and claim you had no idea where it came from. Rather than quote and defend against the actual post that brought this up, you decided to act ignorant, and
now
you are going to treat us to your defense.

And, if I remember correctly, the deleted post added that "The jig is up" was a little odd. Actually, go back to the first page. You will see jadesmar even questioned that immediately after your post. Still no response on that. I'm sure you read that as well, but you like to leave us waiting, don't you?
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:03 am

Post by Leonidas »

Ok, long weekend with no Internet.

Need time to read the thread, and will vote tomorrow.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:05 am

Post by jadesmar »

Fishbulb: Once again. Unfortunately the people in my list had already made themselves mafia targets. I appologize for pointing it out, but I wanted to make sure no one else made the same mistake.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:16 am

Post by mathcam »

I think I actually agree with jadesmar. No doubt the mafia already noticed, because they're specifically looking for these types of things. And there's no point having the mafia know anything that the rest of us don't, so we may as well make it public, as jadesmar did.

I think our time would be better spent discussing potential lynchee massive.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:16 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Come on. Actually read the posts people...
Fishbulb wrote:The main problem with your points is: what does it matter if we admit we *are not* Florin townspersons? Just because we have found a couple of them doesn't mean that everyone who isn't a Florin townsperson has a special role. Even a named character could still be a basic townie.
Okay. So let me try again. How does this make us targets?? The mafia already knows we are all
not
mafia. Your point is we are now targets (helped by you pointing it out), yet I say how are we anymore of a target than we were already?? The mafia
knows
who isn't mafia! And there's certainly no way to say we have any sort of ability, just because we aren't Florin townspersons.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:28 am

Post by Fishbulb »

mathcam wrote:I think our time would be better spent discussing potential lynchee massive.
Yes, I do agree here. I still think it is quite possible jadesmar isn't necessarily looking for a town win, but it is also just as likely he thought he was being helpful. I just disagree with the basic point: that we are somehow targets. Anyway, I covered that in the previous post. Sorry if I came off a bit angry. Just a little frustrated at massive's "cover-up" and now jade seemed to miss a big point of my argument.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:33 am

Post by Dourgrim »

massive's last post was excessively weird (
merrily?
Who says
merrily
anymore? :lol:) And his strange efforts at a defense seem less than airtight to me... therefore, as one of the two I had FoS'd previously...

vote: massive
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:54 am

Post by massive »

Fishbulb wrote:Just a little frustrated at massive's "cover-up"
And it's got me as mad as a scalded pup. I'm not trying to "cover up" anything, so you can imagine how your continued aggression is making me feel.

The post where Someone re-iterates his suspicions of me is still there. At that point, it was only himself and CRiX voting for me, and the post where he actually voted for me IS missing. When I posted initially, I had just scanned over the thread and when I got to the point where (mathcam I believe) stated that I was suspicious, I brushed past jadesmar's questions about my first post and assumed that whatever was causing people to think I was suspicious was lost in the lost pages. I don't think there's anything suspicious about my first post, and for all I know, Someone is the one who brought that idea up in the first place. (Again, that's all lost to me.)

I will continue to maintain that I have no need for defense. Dourgrim is voting for me because I used the word 'merrily,' for crying out loud.

And I'll also go out on a limb here and say that Someone's not the only one with no Princess Bride knowledge.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:05 am

Post by Fletcher »

massive wrote:
Someone wrote:
Random vote:mlaker
Now this really takes the cake ... er. Didn't Meme just say he was on vacation for a week? And then with this:
Someone wrote:Ummm, guys, Who's buttercup?
I think the jig is up.
I thought I'd put this here so eveyone could look at it without having to go all the way to the front page.

Anyway I kind of thought this post was a joke making fun of Someone's lack of knowledge. Then he made himself suspicious by saying he was suspicious of Someone and then didn't vote for him, right? Did I get that right?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:07 am

Post by Fishbulb »

massive wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:Especially since his defense was, it seems, to not even read the thread thoroughly.
I'll go into a little more detail, merrily.
Sounds like to me, you are defending my "not read thoroughly", yet now you are admitting you didn't see it in the first place. So, your only defense in the first place was to not read the thread thoroughly. Why try to make it sound like you deny that? You didn't, case closed. You can't go back and edit. My point: you didn't read all of the thread. Your point: you didn't read all of the thread. So why are you defensive against me? I'm not even voting for you, yet.
jadesmar wrote:2. I am not sure I see your point, massive.
There. That is the first time someone questioned your post. It is still there. Read my posts:
Fishbulb wrote:Actually, go back to the first page. You will see jadesmar even questioned that immediately after your post. Still no response on that.
...And now you
after I had posted that
massive wrote:I don't think there's anything suspicious about my first post, and for all I know, Someone is the one who brought that idea up in the first place. (Again, that's all lost to me.)
It's still lost on you, eh? This is just silly. Now I am voting for you.
Vote: massive
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:14 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Yes, that is the general idea, Fletcher. Of which, I thought was silly and not enough to warrant a vote. However, my issue is, instead of taking the time to read the posts, he just brushed it off. I pointed out he should've read the thread better... Then, he defended that... Now he admitted he didn't read it... what's next?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:34 am

Post by mathcam »

There sure are a lot of quiet people that I would feel better going after than anyone talking...

Unvote: massive

We'll say

Vote: CRiX

mostly because it's his birthday.

Cam
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:34 am

Post by rite »

unvote: Someone

I believe Someone for now, and I don't see anyone suspcious, any bandwagons to jump on, frankly, anything except for quibbling that isn't getting anyone anywhere. I'll wait a little bit to vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”