pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:20 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

TH remains number 1. The above from Vollkan is a decent summary, but I especially take issue with TH early playstyle as it compares to his late game playstyle. Early, not alot of speculation or theorizing on his part. He refers to his "broken scumdar" to excuse it. Now, at the most crucial point, he seems very interested and very certain that MoS is scum. This is what gets me. I see no reason in holding off, deadline looms and I don't anticipate being online alot prior to then.

Vote: Trojan Horse
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by vollkan »

Good game

Vote: Trojan Horse
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:39 am

Post by pwayne66 »

And a good game to you as well.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

So what? Was I right about MoS/theo, or were you two (vollkan & pwayne) BOTH scum?

I can't wait to see all the upcoming scathing posts about how I played this game... :(
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:43 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I don't know why anybody would post any scathing posts about your play. I think that you played well. Also, you stuck through to the end which is invaluable.

Why do you think that you played poorly?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:49 am

Post by vollkan »

TH wrote: So what? Was I right about MoS/theo, or were you two (vollkan & pwayne) BOTH scum?

I can't wait to see all the upcoming scathing posts about how I played this game...
Yup. It was Pwayne and myself.

I'll wait until the game officially ends before going into post-game analysis, though.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Guardian »

I thought about doing a lot of flavor for this end scene. Maybe win a scummy or something.

But then I asked myself. Why Bother? :twisted:

pwayne66 and vollkan, Mafia Goons both, win!

TH and tyhess, vanilla townies, lose.

MoS, lone cult recruit, loses.

I must say the mafia's play in this game was excellent. Vollkan PM'd me that they figured Oman was the vig Night Two, and Night One that they thought CKD was a good kill since no one was suspicious of him. Poor CKD, played the roll too well.

I was a little hesitant to let MoS replace back in because the mafia targeted him to silence him, but I think that as a mod policy, it is better to allow players with no information to replace back in.

I must say I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the cult play any meaningful part of the game, but it was a good game of mafia nonetheless.

The mafia killed CKD, MoS, Oman
Oman killed White, tyhess.

Another game ends a day early because of an ineffective Vigilante :?.

Thanks for helping down the stretch Iammars.

Thanks for playing guys, sticking with it, and in some cases replacing back in to help the game out. I hope you enjoyed it!

Thoughts on the setup? My Moding? Random things? I'd love to hear it :).
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:44 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Wow. MoS was cult? I had really dismissed that possibility.

As far as everything else, it was a pleasure being partners with Vollkan. I don't know how he nosed in on Oman. When he brought up killing Oman, I was against it. He finally convinced me otherwise and assured me that he was the vig.

I felt that the end drug out longer than needed. I have had a sinking suspicion that MoS was onto me since day 1, first as himself and then as theo. I imagined him waiting for me to jump the TH wagon just to unvote and pull the rug out from underneath me. Whether or not this is true, props to MoS. His unpredictable play kept me more cautious than I like to be.

I enjoyed the game (wished there was more "cult" in Cult mafia) and I think the setup worked/would have worked beautifully.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Flameaxe »

pwayne66 wrote:I don't know why anybody would post any scathing posts about your play. I think that you played well. Also, you stuck through to the end which is invaluable.

Why do you think that you played poorly?
Yeah, don't fret over TH's play...fret over mine!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:43 am

Post by tyhess »

I was almost positive about vollkan, but I thought that TH was scum for sure....good game though.....
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Pwayne wrote: As far as everything else, it was a pleasure being partners with Vollkan.
Same goes for yourself; you did excellently :)
Pwayne wrote: I don't know how he nosed in on Oman. When he brought up killing Oman, I was against it. He finally convinced me otherwise and assured me that he was the vig.
Heh. I mustn't have explained it to you.

I was seriously grinning when TH said that there must have been a scum power role, because the process of working it out was quite easy:

- We knew that the vig had killed White and tyhess, so all I did was look over every one of the remaining town players to see who had suspected both White and tyhess. Oman came in front for both of them by a long shot: he was the only person to suspect both AND he had reasonably strong suspicions of both.

As for why we chose Oman - this seemed to boggle MoS - my fear was of a game setup consisting of 4 power roles, including kakeng, (which was a possibility from Guardian's opening). If that setup existed, if we NKed a vanilla townie then all remaining townies would have power role claims and it would fall to us to do some fake-claiming. Thus, since I knew the identity of Oman already from N2 (the reasons we chose to NK MoS rather than Oman were fear of MoS and the hope that the death of MoS would turn other people to suspect Oman) we got rid of Oman, to prevent the nightmare scenario.
Guardian wrote: Thoughts on the setup? My Moding? Random things? I'd love to hear it
When the game first started, the fact that we had a two-man scumteam made me think we were underpowered, but given the actual setup (only two-protown power roles) I think the balancing was right. It was kind of a shame Pwayne and I had to get so lucky on N1 and spoil the interesting cult aspects.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

vollkan wrote:- We knew that the vig had killed White and tyhess, so all I did was look over every one of the remaining town players to see who had suspected both White and tyhess. Oman came in front for both of them by a long shot: he was the only person to suspect both AND he had reasonably strong suspicions of both.
Of course, you had the advantage of knowing who the scum were and who the scum killed. Without that info, I had come to a very different conclusion. Pwayne had put MoS at the top of his suspects list during day 2, and then MoS was killed during night 2. So during day 3, I thought PWAYNE was the vig! :-(

So, theo/MoS was the recruit all along. MoS, please tell me that's the reason why you pushed for a no lynch during day 3, and that you wouldn't have done so if you had been town. (If you would've pushed for no lynch regardless, then I'll feel REALLY stupid.)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by vollkan »

TH wrote: So, theo/MoS was the recruit all along. MoS, please tell me that's the reason why you pushed for a no lynch during day 3, and that you wouldn't have done so if you had been town. (If you would've pushed for no lynch regardless, then I'll feel REALLY stupid.)
That reminds me:

The No Lynch/No Vig thing was an absolute godsend for the mafia.
1) It placed the town in permanent LYLO (the distancing between Pwayne and myself should have ensured we would not be tied to each other even if one of us got lynched)
2) It let us get rid of the vig - allowing us to safely quicklynch the following day and ensuring the town stayed in LYLO
3) When it inevitably resulted in Oman dying, the heat would fall to MoS and not me - because he suggested it

So, TH, I think were actually correct about No Lynch being dreadful.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

Vollkan wrote:Heh. I mustn't have explained it to you.
You explained it the night of the kill and it made sense then, its just that my analytic skills are either really lacking or yours is very acute. I would have never caught that if you hadn't brought it to my attention.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:46 am

Post by Oman »

I tried so hard not to get caught.

Fuck Vollkan and his reading dedication. :P

Well Played guys, I enjoyed that immensly.
Vollkan wrote:The No Lynch/No Vig thing was an absolute godsend for the mafia.
I was finding it hard to argue with it without A) making myself seem like the vig and B) making myself seem mafia.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:41 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

dammit had pwayne nailed....I learned playing too townie sucks as well...

good game vollkan/pwyane.

you did your best MoS, thanks for the try..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

CKD wrote:dammit had pwayne nailed
I figured that you did. I thought that nearly everybody on my wagon was reluctant to lynch me... but you. I knew that Vollkan would back off if I could give him a good way out and by this time I had learned that both MoS and White like to feign belligerence and blood lust in order to gauge reactions, but not you. You wanted me dead. I thought that you might get your wish too... I had no idea that you were cult though. BTW... why theo?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

it was between vollkan and Theo...never once considered Tar.

Theo seemed to under the radar and I knew his play..if he was mafia or a power role he would have been more active....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Damn. Pwayne, you are a lucky bastard. Game ended while I was on V/LA, or I would have unvoted after your vote. It really stinks of mafia trying to justify pushing the wagon into hammer territory. Vollkan had me completely fooled, though. Trojan, my no lynch plan was not because I was cult. I firmly believe that it was the best plan for the town. If we had lynched, I highly doubt that either pwayne or vollkan would have been lynched, and I'm not even sure Oman would have vigged them. I had a sinking suspicion about pwayne most of the game, but Trojan made it too easy to peg him as scum, and so even though I suspected pwayne, he was second to Trojan.

Ugh, replacing as cult was probably the best thing that could have happened for me (other than being mafia, of course), but it was still hard. I am pretty sure was not going to be lynched for the rest of the game even if we had successfully gotten pwayne, so as cult I just had to eliminate the mafia to win. I think I did a pretty good job of squelching any cult speculation by focusing all number crunching on the mafia vs town scenario and ignoring any mention of cult numbers for the most part.

It didn't help that Trojan and Tarhalindur (imo) played abysmally this game. Trojan hurt the town by continually making excuses for being wrong about the town, and then suddenly being quite sure that he was right about who was scum. That made no sense as a position town would take. If you didn't trust your instincts before, what made you so sure later? Tarhalindur was much worse than Trojan, though. He put no effort into this game, and he pretty much did everything he could to bring suspicion on himself and no contribute any useful analysis into the game. Tyhess did well replacing him, and I didn't really suspect him that much after a while. Tar's performance hurt him, though.

If I was CKD, I would have recruited vollkan night 1, but I guess that worked out for the better.

Good game everyone. Damn you scum for hurting my win statistics :(
Permanent V/LA.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:25 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza