theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Mini 496 - Wild West Mafia. Mod Abandoned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Crown Ridge, deepest midwest a place where the locals worked tirelessly and played even harder. Games of cards and dice were constant all around the clock, whilst the local saloon with its erstwhile owner continued to supply the community with yards of ale. Never much of a place for violence ever since the departure of Bad Mouth Lil, the wildest crook west of Black Plains, the town had seemed content. However a full moon brought with it new dangers, the one and only locomotive had not long pulled into town when it was ambushed by a gang masquerading as terrorists, fortunately only the gold onboard was taken and no lives were lost, but the look on the face of the Locomotive driver in the saloon that night shook fear into the faces and minds of the community, this was surely only the start. One of the group however intently listened with interest, he'd learnt something very revealing. The battle had begun but who would take control and ultimately own the previously peaceful land of Crown Ridge.

It's now Night Zero, which is a no kill night, therefore those you allowed to discuss can and those of you who can sumbit a role can do so but no kill will be successful. Day will recommence in 48 hours, hopefully with all 12 of you confirmed. Roles are out please confirm by PM.

The Townie win condition is as follows
Theo wrote:You win when all threats to the existence of good diminshes in the land of Crown Ridge

Alive Players -

Adele
Gorgon
Thin_Man
kabenon007
SirWario
Paradoxombie
pdcakes
curiouskarmadog
GodOfWine
TheNinthLayer
Twomz
Adam The Amazing
Simenon
ryan

Dead Players -

Aimee, Train Driver, Town Aligned -
- Lynched Day One
Twomz, Cleric, Town Aligned -
Shot through eyeball Night One
Paradoxombie, Harlot, Town Aligned -
Last edited by theopor_COD on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Rules stolen from somewhere and amended slightly since my previous modded game.

Battle Mage is back-up mod in case of any disaster

1.) This game is a no kill night start. The game will start from now, please confirm by PM, daytime will commence hopefully in 48 hours with everyone confirmed.
2.) During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes must be bolded otherwise they won't be counted. It would be helpful if players unvote when switching their votes. I'm not fussy on how you vote with abbreviations and the like as long the word vote and the player of your choice is bolded that's fine.
3.) When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into night. Players can still talk during twilight.
4.) Their are no particular deadlines as yet, however if dicussion starts to lag I will install one. If at a deadline no player reaches a majority, their will be a no-lynch and we move into night
5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
6.) Once dead, you stop posting. A bah post is fine though.
7.) If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm very nice really.
8.) Try to post at least once every 48 hours. Treat the game as a committment. If you go inactive, you will be replaced. I will be pretty strong on those who are failing to appear - 4 days without a post will receive a prod, a further 4 days after the prod and I will look at replacements.
9.) I'll try to post votecounts as often as possible. Feel free to ask for a votecount at any time.
10.) Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc. I'm not averse to swearing but others may be so treat them with respect.
11.) Do not quote or fakequote your role PM. This is a modkillable offence.
12.) Have fun!
13.) If there's anything else I'll add it as we go.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:09 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Daybreak had fallen upon Crown Ridge all 12 inhabitants had confirmed, as the town decided on the best way to counter the new found threat, one member noticed a scrawl etched on the wall . . . it read in simple terms "Adam the Amazing is scum". Curiously the town hovered around this information and decided on a grand plan - well a simple one at any least.

It's now daytime, with 12 of you alive, it's 7 to lynch. Go find yourself some bad guys.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:11 am

Post by ryan »

Well this is an interesting way to start the game
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:15 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ryan wrote:Well this is an interesting way to start the game
hello again ryan..

interesting indeed....Adam, got anything to say about this?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:16 am

Post by ryan »

CKD: How goes it? I believe we need a little info before we think we've got "an easy first day lynch" I mean it can't be that simple.............can it?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:24 am

ryan wrote:CKD: How goes it? I believe we need a little info before we think we've got "an easy first day lynch" I mean it can't be that simple.............can it?
well, it was written by a cop (
who should stay hidden Day 1
), someone cop like, or the mafia.

Odds are mafia...HOWEVER..note this in the introduction...
theopor_COD wrote:the face of the Locomotive driver in the saloon that night shook fear into the faces and minds of the community, this was surely only the start.
One of the group however intently listened with interest, he'd learnt something very revealing
does this tie in?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Twomz »

Very interesting. Obviously, it is either a very powerful town ability, a craftily used mafia ability or someone with a note ability is stupid/cocky.

If it's a town player that wrote it, we can assume that they have good reason to assume Adam is bad... hopefully a detective ability (tracking wouldn't work because there was no kill, nor an attempt according to the setup) although it might just be a friendly jest to see peoples reactions.

If it's a mafia ability... we cannot confirm Adam as one way or the other... until we find out how ballsy a mafia we're dealing with.

Regardless, one of my eyes is firmly planted upon Adam and i await his response to this treacherous note.

My other eye however is spinning wildly in Day 1 randomness...
Vote: Thin_Man
because he's the only other player whose name starts with T... how scummy is that?

I await the other players activity and wish you all a fun game :D. (I haven't played for a year, so I may be rusty ;)).

PS: @ curiouskarmadog Only conclusions I can draw from that are either we have a SK or it's just flavor. I doubt a role would be revealed so easily in the setting though. The SK is my personal opinion of course, or another role that would be by itself.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:35 am

Post by kabenon007 »

I really don't know what to make of this... In most normal setups, the cop doesn't get a night zero investigation. But I haven't played enough mini themes to know whether or not normal setups such as no night zero investigation apply for mini themes.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Twomz »

mod wrote: 1.) This game is a no kill night start. The game will start from now, please confirm by PM, daytime will commence hopefully in 48 hours with everyone confirmed.
No kill night start means all other roles get a use. Meaning cops get to investigate, docs can protect (useless if no mafia kill though), trackers may track, watchers may watch... masons may talk.... ect ect ect.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by SirWario »

Vote:curiouskarmadog

I'm curious how Adam will explain it. Theres nothing he can really say to vindicate himself from this accusation except something to the extent of "I'm not scum".

We just have to decide which role is most likely to use this ability.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by pdcakes »

hey guys

we might want to go over all the roles that could possibly have the ability to leave a note like that

and time for a
random vote: paradoxombie

cause i thought it was creative
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:14 pm

Twomz wrote: Regardless, one of my eyes is firmly planted upon Adam and i await his response to this treacherous note.

My other eye however is spinning wildly in Day 1 randomness...
Vote: Thin_Man
because he's the only other player whose name starts with T... how scummy is that?

I await the other players activity and wish you all a fun game :D. (I haven't played for a year, so I may be rusty ;)).

PS: @ curiouskarmadog Only conclusions I can draw from that are either we have a SK or it's just flavor. I doubt a role would be revealed so easily in the setting though. The SK is my personal opinion of course, or another role that would be by itself.
it is only "treacherous" if it is true

how could the note tie into a SK?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Twomz »

It's treacherous because we don't know if it's true or not. /shrug

Well, I say SK... but I mean any "singular" role... like any neutral role that wouldn't be aligned with the mafia or town. SK is just the most common neutral role. The quote makes me think of someone that's off to the side... by themselves.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Hi from your Back-Up Mod. Lets hope you dont have to see too much of me over the course of the game.
:wink:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:48 am

Twomz wrote:It's treacherous because we don't know if it's true or not. /shrug

Well, I say SK... but I mean any "singular" role... like any neutral role that wouldn't be aligned with the mafia or town. SK is just the most common neutral role. The quote makes me think of someone that's off to the side... by themselves.
I see, not sure why any neutral role would post that though....unless it was some sort of hybrid jester, but I doubt that too.

btw, I think it was smart of Theo to add this to the game, so many times a game starts and there is nothing to go on or nothing to talk about...this is another way to solve that problem...good stuff.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:49 am

Post by ryan »

Vote: Twomz

I think some good points have been brought up about why Adam was singled out and so I'll stick with the random vote stage at this time until we hear some more from our players
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Adele »

There was a game on GL which involved a number of people having this kind of note ability (to "gossip" that a particular person was innocent or evil). I'm sure that the cop had the ability, and that at least one mafioso did too... but that was a very different situation, as we knew ahead of time that this ability was "out there" and could even discuss the wisdom of its use ahead of time.

It'll probably be clear by endgame, and may decide the result in town's favour at that time. I don't think we should be using it as a guide as of yet.
ryan wrote:
Vote: Twomz

I think some good points have been brought up about why Adam was singled out and so I'll stick with the random vote stage at this time until we hear some more from our players
Maybe I missed something, or else am being overly pedantic, but I didn't see anyone post about why Adam (as opposed to anyone else) was singled out. Please explain, and it's good enough for a
semi-abitrary first vote: Ryan
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

theopor_COD wrote: 1.) This game is a no
kill
night start. The game will start from now, please confirm by PM, daytime will commence hopefully in 48 hours with everyone confirmed.
It clearly specifies that this is was no KILL night. Seems likely that a cop could still have an action even if they didn't write the note.

I think the best overall action to take with the note is to ignore it until tommorow. If we get another one then we look at what both notes say and compare them for truth.

random vote: pdcakes
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:44 am

Paradoxombie wrote:
I think the best overall action to take with the note is to ignore it until tommorow. If we get another one then we look at what both notes say and compare them for truth.

random vote: pdcakes
I agree, however, I will be disappointed if a.) we do not get another note or b.) we get a different note that says the same thing. At this particular point, the note does little.

Still want to hear from Adam..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Thin_Man »

Well, I think the evidence against Adam is absolutely crushing in its volume and infallibility. I think we are all entirely agreed that there is no way on earth that this dawn message that is obviously from our cop-messenger can in no way be even remotely wrong regarding anything.

vote Adam
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Thin_Man »

I'm sure BJ would agree with me if he were here today.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:12 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Whoa whoa whoa Thin_Man! Evidence there is, but crushing volume and infallibility it does not have! If u had been reading, u would see that the evidence could easily have been put there by scum, or by an anonymous third party to get us to lynch an innocent townie, or worse, a power role.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Twomz »

I believe he is being sarcastic... if not then it's gonna take a bit for me to unvote him now.
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Thin_Man »

kabenon007 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa Thin_Man! Evidence there is, but crushing volume and infallibility it does not have! If u had been reading, u would see that the evidence could easily have been put there by scum, or by an anonymous third party to get us to lynch an innocent townie, or worse, a power role.
You mean people actually lie in this game? But then how can we catch the scumz!? Surely that makes it impossible?

I mean, if we can't trust anonymous messages scrawled on the wall by unknown people, what can we trust?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”