rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

As people walk around in the morning they find some items lying around the town square.

Items on the ground:
  1. Marble
    Oven
    Microwave
    Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Da Vinci Code
    Pecan Pie
    Sunflower
    Sorghum
    Rice
    Apples to Apples
    Legally Blonde
    Sam’s Cola
    Mail
    Buzzword
    Cloth
    Painkiller
    Facebook
    Potatoes
    Survivor DVD
    Beans
    Fish
    Geo
    Horse
    Snake
    Phoenix
    Sims
    Tulip
    Staples
    Thread
After looking around they find the three bodies of Mariyta, the explorer possessed by the ghost of Sara, Travis, the explorer possessed by the ghost of Steven, Holy, the explorer possessed by the ghost of Tyler. You notice that the town Garden, Pawn Shop, The Distillery, and A&B Florist has been destroyed. The town checks the bodies and the other items left on the streets from the night and found YouTube, Strawberry Shortcake, Purse, Ale 8, Messenger, Unfermented Bear Bear, Napalm, Noose, Ytmnd.com, Bear Trap, Cement, and Gummy Bear Wine along with the dead bodies they put it in the pile of items on the courthouse lawn.

Sara
played by Mariyta
, Killed
Night 5

Steven
Travis (replacing YagamiLight)
, Killed
Night 5

Tyler
played by Holy (replaceing Max (replaceing FlyingFoxBat))
, Killed
Night 4

Everyone enters the courthouse to discuss what they should do about the death of these three people. When they enter they don't see the newspapers but a scattering of rough drafts of what looks like articles for the papers.

?????
  • Drunk disturbs town

A local drunk has been seen wandering the streets of Freaktown, throwing raging insults at passersby and being a general nuisance. Many are wondering if the drunk is a harmless lush, or someone more threatening.
?????
  • Editor missing

As may have been noticed by the town, an editor has gone missing. Authorities have declined to reveal more information until an investigation can be conducted.
?????
  • Freaktown has 4 scum left.

Scumbags enjoy their complete domination over the town. Could the end be near?
?????
  • Alex confirmed mafia from investigation.

In a recent report published by the Freaktown Investigative Force, they have come out with new claims that Alex is the mastermind behind the "Alex's Ladies Mafia, and has been seen partying with said ladies during one of their celebrations for controlling much of the town.

With 9 alive it will take 5 votes to convict someone.
The Deadline for the Day will be two weeks. (April 13th: 11:50PM EST)
Last edited by rajrhcpfreak on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Andycyca »

We can't afford any more lurkers. I demand a POV from the replacements!
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Andycyca »

EBWOP @Travis: nevermind.

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Wow, I'm directly implicated by the unknown paper. I'd bet my dollars to your pennies that's the mafia paper. It also cements my suspicions that the cult was "Alex's Ladies Mafia" and that we have the real mafia still lurking.

So over night I thought I felt real good because I thought I added Mariyata to my confirmed innocents, as I confirmed she had the distillery. But that's up in smoke now too >>.

Looks like Yagami also was killed, which sucks because I was pretty sure he was town as well, mainly because after the first day he sent me some unfermented alcohol. Completely useless without the destiller I just found, but *shrug*. I can only guess he was spreading it around trying to find the destiller but found the mafia instead...

At least one of those headlines is correct, and if it is the 4 mafia one, that puts us at lynch-or-lose. Although the others don't help, and I would like to advise anyone who puts any credance to the last one to just look at the headline above it. The if the bottom one is not true and the one above it is, only one miskill will win the mafia the game (maybe). I'm not sure who controls the other kills but the fact that it looks like no cross kills occurred, esp since the vig came out yesterday (and why he's not dead makes me VERY suspicious), doesn't put me at ease.

This headline may lose some of the integrity I feel I've gathered in this game, but if it leads to my lynch I can only laugh as the town give this game to the mafia.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Tar: Which kill is yours.

It looks to me like Holy knew Mari was the distiller, which makes her post speculating about it yesterday look like a bluff to help Mari hide.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

First, time for an infodump.

Let's see: I threatened to vig Holy in my post 1430 (I thought I saw a contradiction in her 1426, where she claimed to have passed 4 items on N4, which is impossible barring special role mechanics) and Holy turned up dead this morning. It really shouldn't come as much of a surprise that I vigged Holy last night.

In other news, I now have 3 item goals + alcohol (just snagged the Gummy Bear Wine) and a shiny new Mayorship in Lexington. Yay for double vote. (I also have a full inventory, courtesy of someone who passed me Goatse last night - I jettisoned the YouTube to clear out space.)

Third: Given the past headlines, I suspect that the headlines match to newspapers as follows: "Drunk Disturbs Town" = Enquirer, "Editor Missing" = Sun-Times, "Alex Confirmed Mafia from Investigation" = Mafia Courier-Journal, "Freaktown has 4 Scum Left" = special LyLo or 1-day-from-LyLo notification. The last one is important, because at this point I think we're dealing with 3 scum and an SK - if we mislynch and the scum don't crosskill or doublekill, mafia can win the game tonight. Speaking of that, I won't be using my vig tonight.

Now that all the setup commentary is out of the way, time to start scumhunting. Taut is currently my top suspect, but I want to be more sure - I'll reread tomorrow and see if I've missed anything blatantly obvious.

One other thing that we need to think about, and soon - since we're so close to LyLo, a mass claim may be in order.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I figured it was Holy, but I wanted to know if you were dumb enough to attack Mari or Yagami, who both were very town in my opinion. I didn't have too much of an opinion on Holy :/.

About Mass claim, I'm not sure I oppose it at this point. The Distillery is gone, as is most important roles are out in the open... The problem is getting it done quickly. We need information with the deadlines and people stonewalling at this point couldg et problematic.

Tar, you're able to steal items from the destroyed pile, right? If you can "steal" Taurus or Risk and send them to me, I might be able to upset some of the night abilities of the scum. And if anyone who is town and the Red Hot Chili Peppers CD drops from your store (looks like its still locked :/) or you have it, send it to me... Now that I'm virtually sure the cult is gone, I don't have to worry about any of my powers leaking into their hands. With that being the case, I might actually be able to slow down the night phase a bit.

1. Andycyca (replacing rolandofthewhite)
2. elvis_knits (replacing Dark Ermac (replacing Faeren Lord of Carlisle (replacing SuperMarioSunshine)))
3. farside22 (replacing TheStranger (replacing xyzzy))
4. Flameaxe
5. grintwig (replacing KaleiÐoscøpe)
6. Kinetic
7. noah hanson(replacing MissMoo)
8. Tarhalindur (replacing mole)
9. tautology

I need to read more about these people, but my suspicions right now are aiming toward Noah (Miss Moo), farside, grint, and flameaxe. I need to read over Taut and Andy and get a better feel for them, and I need a better overview of the final players. If we are indeed in LyLo like situation, the more information the better...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hi I am replacing. I can do a read and post thoughts, but I'm not reading d1, only d2. Well, I will skim d1, but it's full of MOS trying to break the game, so who cares. I hope you don't have a problem with this.

Plan on me being active. In the beginning I may ask questions that you all have already answered somewhere in the thread. Please humor me in the beginning. I will get on track.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well I decided to actually read the whole thing. I've read 20 pages so far. Most of the people who are talking all the time are now dead. SO far I am most suspicious of Miss Moo/Noah Hanson. Miss Moo said somehting really early about worrying people would suspect her tomorrow (89). Then she disappeared when people pointed it out. Coincidence?

Other than that... so we don't know anyone's alignment in this game? I saw some talk of cults in this page... I still am confused about this, but I guess I will figure it out as I read.

Are we all stil claiming items or anything? Because if you want me to claim items, I guess I could do that now while I am reading. Anything that my predecessors have missed claiming because of inactivity.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Still reading....

Not sure if this is important, but does anyone know if it's possible for two pro-town people to need the same item?

Just reading the fight over the Survivor DVD...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm up to page 45 now, which is the beginning of D2. I am really seeing how Tautology looks scummy and I'm interested to see why he was never lynched. I guess it's because so many people hate BM :) who was acting weird anyway.

Um so since this game is no reveal, I want to go back and think about who defended whom during the game (of those that are still alive). Because if I was mafia in a no reveal game, I would feel fine about defending my scumbuddies or derailing their wagon or something.

Also, I really want to create a player tonight. Who wants to have sexy time with me?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I have finished my reread but still want to look at each player's posts alone tomorrow so I have a better feel for what they actually contributed (now that I know the general movements of the game as a whole).

I am suspicious of tautology.
Talk nerdy to me.

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

I <3 Elvis, Day Five: Page 59 Vote Count

Not Voting : 9 (noah hanson, Flameaxe, Kinetic, grintwig, Andycyca, elvis_knits, Tarhalindur, farside22, tautology)

5 for a Lynch

Group Inventory:

Marble
Oven
Microwave
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Da Vinci Code
Pecan Pie
Sunflower
Sorghum
Apples to Apples
Legally Blonde
Sam’s Cola
Mail
Buzzword
Painkiller
Facebook
Potatoes
Survivor DVD
Beans
Fish
Geo
Horse
Snake
Phoenix
Sims
Tulip
Staples
Thread
YouTube
Purse
Messenger
Unfermented Bear Bear
Napalm
Noose
Ytmnd.com
Bear Trap
Cement
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by grintwig »

I am the Wine Maker.
I had thought YagamiLight was the Distiller and so I had sent her several bottles of BearBear (the wine I make). I still have several unfermented bottles.
I also run FYE.
I am missing only one item to have the three I need but it doesn't really give me a powerful action just the ability to steal or destroy an item.
As of right now I am finding Tautology quite suspicious but would like to hear more from the players replacing in before I place a vote.
And I must admit at this stage with the possibility of a LyOrLo situation I obviously agrre with a mass claim.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:02 am

Post by elvis_knits »

This is what I don't like about Tautology:

1)Disliked Fritzler/Ibby collussion (They're awesome).

2)Disliked Ibby giving item to Fritzler (I think this is a good way to catch someone lying if they won't admit it... or just to know where the item is going).

3)Voted Kinetic saying
Taut wrote:Most information to gain by this lynch now"
What info was he looking ot get?

4)
Taut wrote:Still satisfied with my vote on kinetic. Nothing he's said recently has convinced me of his innocence
That's something scum say when they don't want to move their vote. I also find it scummy when someone needs to be "convinced" of someone else's innocence.

5)He also checked in to say he isn't lurking, has been keeping up with the pages but has nothing to contribute. I've seen scum say this so many times. It's like, don't get mad at me, I wasn't lurking. But the "nothing to contribute" is worse. It means he is not scum hunting. He is sitting back and watching other people do his dirty work, hoping they'll forget about him.

6)
Taut wrote:Kinetic, even though you didn't vote me that's still pretty OMGUS
He's mad at kinetic even though kinetic hasn't even voted him. Too upset.

7) He said MOS and BM were "Hoarding items" in one of his posts. Wasn't this in one of the papers? I don't know if he said it before or after the story came out...

8)
Assuming everyone has a shop how many items have been seen?
If Tautology had a shop... wouldn't he know the answer to this question? Don't all shops have the same number of items? And doesn't the dice roll determine if they get released? So doesn't everyone have the same number of items left??

9)Goes after yagamilight (when this guy looked por-town to me).

vote tautology
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Andycyca »

...you forgot he has failed to defend himself every time a wagon starts on him.

grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:37 am

Post by grintwig »

After further review of the posts (rough scan actually) and then reading of posts 1452 and 1453 I am going to
VOTE: Tautology
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Andycyca »

Vote: Tautology

Seriously, he needs to start contributing (or at least defending himself. We have too many lurkers.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

It's over. Stand down, humans.

Mod:
I have double vote now, correct?

Vote: Tautology, Vote: Tautology
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote: tautology
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

End of Day Five: Bottom of Page 59 Vote Count

tautology: 6 (elvis_knits, grintwig, Andycyca, Tarhalindur, farside22)

Not Voting : 4 (noah hanson, Flameaxe, Kinetic, tautology)

6 for a Lynch

Group Inventory:

Marble
Oven
Microwave
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Da Vinci Code
Pecan Pie
Sunflower
Sorghum
Apples to Apples
Legally Blonde
Sam’s Cola
Mail
Buzzword
Painkiller
Facebook
Potatoes
Survivor DVD
Beans
Fish
Geo
Horse
Snake
Phoenix
Sims
Tulip
Staples
Thread
YouTube
Purse
Messenger
Unfermented Bear Bear
Napalm
Noose
Ytmnd.com
Bear Trap
Cement

End of Day Five

After not lynching the previous night the town strongly questioned one of the suspicious players from the first couple of days. Before tautology could defend himself, he was lynched by the mob.

Joey
played by
tautology
, Killed
Day 5

Night Six:

Tonights Number is...

Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:52 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

yay! a new number!
remember, retrieving an item is an action.

Everyone try to make your choices before the weekend.
Then I can give the journalist their things over the weekend.
Hopefully a new day will start on Monday.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:03 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

As people walk around in the morning they find some items lying around the town square.

Items on the ground:
  1. Marble
    Oven
    Microwave
    Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Da Vinci Code
    Pecan Pie
    Sunflower
    Sorghum
    Apples to Apples
    Legally Blonde
    Sam’s Cola
    Mail
    Buzzword
    Painkiller
    Facebook
    Potatoes
    Survivor DVD
    Beans
    Fish
    Geo
    Horse
    Snake
    Phoenix
    Sims
    Tulip
    Staples
    Thread
    YouTube
    Purse
    Messenger
    Unfermented Bear Bear
    Napalm
    Noose
    Ytmnd.com
    Bear Trap
    Cement
Along with the items you find two new people in the town, Mastermind of Sin and armlx. Please give them a warm welcome.

After looking around they find the two bodies of grintwig, the explorer possessed by the ghost of Keith and Flameaxe, the explorer possessed by the ghost of Kalie. You notice that the town Winery, Newspaper, fye, and the yahoo store has been destroyed. The town checks the bodies and the other items left on the streets from the night and found Messenger, How I Met Your Mother DVD, Snoop Dog CD, Savage Garden CD, Textbooks, Magnolia, Strawberry Shortcake, Unfermented Bear Bear, Unfermented Bear Bear, Unfermented Bear Bear, N*Sync CD, Seinfeld DVD, Old Truck, and Ale 8 along with the dead bodies they put it in the pile of items on the courthouse lawn.

Keith
played by grintwig (replacing KaleiÐoscøpe)
, Killed
Night 6

Kalie
played by Flameaxe
, Killed
Night 6

Everyone enters the courthouse to discuss what they should do about the deaths and the introduction to two new people. When they enter they don't see the newspapers but a scattering of rough drafts of what looks like articles for the papers.

?????
  • Baby Season, two children are born in Freaktown

Two new young souls have been brought into the world that is known as Freaktown. The parents' identities have yet to be confirmed.
?????
  • Who are the mayors of Freaktown, one has came out is another one out there?

Rumors have been spreading about someone else taking control of a mayor position in Freaktown. Is this 'new mayor' friend or foe?

With 8 alive it will take 5 votes to convict someone.
The Deadline for the Day will be two weeks. (April 20th: 2:00PM EST)
noah hanson
noah hanson
Goon
noah hanson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:26 am

Post by noah hanson »

well i finally catch a break and catch the thread before someone gets killed. I have tried to read up as much as possible and i have to say that this is THE more different form i have seen at this point of playing this game.
Newbie Game 539: Won (Mafia Roleblocker)
Desperate Mafia: Withdrew from game
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Kinetic »

Alright, its time for some FULL claims now. There are three people who I'm positive are mafia, then there are others who I am not sure of. I control this game now, and we're playing by my rules.

Now you've entered MY Time.

I activate my fourth and most powerful ability, Emperor Time at this moment.

The town has proven itself unable to judge evil for itself, thus I will be the only judge.

Andy, Farside, Tar you will all fully claim now. Hold nothing back. I will be killing one of you three today. I'm almost positive you are all mafia, however if you want to protect yourselves maybe another night you'll tell me everything I want to know.

Elvis you are also under suspicion, however at this time I'm willing to think you may have nothing to do with it. You both will full claim if I feel like it later, but at this time, do not do so.

Who is the parents of the babies. Please come out unless I've talked to you already with me third ability.

This game is far from over scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”