rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:09 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Suddenly an earthquake shakes Freaktown.
The six people still in their shops died while trying to get out.

Aimee
who was possessed by the ghost of
Andy
who was running the MSN Store and had Mail as his only item.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/r ... /andyX.jpg[/img]

FaerieLord
Lacey
who was running the AOL Store and had Facebook has her only item.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/r ... laceyX.jpg[/img]

Fritzler
Aaron
who was running Raven Tales and had Buzzword has his only item.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/r ... aaronX.jpg[/img]

ibaesha
Jed
who was running Video Corner and had Apples to Apples, Legally Blonde, Sam's Cola, and an oven.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/r ... a/jedX.jpg[/img]

IH
Brittany
who was running the Town Farm and had the items Sorghum and Rice on her.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/r ... ttanyX.jpg[/img]

MafiaSSK
Jaide
who was running the Barn and had no items.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/r ... jaideX.jpg[/img]

The Day will still continue.

Day Three: Mod Kill Vote Count

tautology: 6 (Holy, farside22, Andycyca, Kinetic, Dark Ermac, KaleiÐoscøpe)
JDodge: 1 (Tarhalindur)

Not Voting: 9 (Mariyta, JDodge, MissMoo, YagamiLight, Flameaxe, Porochaz, the silent speaker, tautology, soupfly)

9 for a Lynch

Group Inventory:

Marble
Oven
Microwave
Seinfeld DVD
Textbooks
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Da Vinci Code
Pecan Pie
Savage Garden CD
Sunflower
Sorghum
Rice
Facebook
Apples to Apples
Legally Blonde
Oven
Sam’s Cola
Mail
Buzzword
Last edited by rajrhcpfreak on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Andycyca wrote:I think it has something to do with the item claim
Why are you voting for someone if you don't know what you are voting against.
FOS Andycyca
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I dislike the tautwagon. Andycyca is probably scum, or possibly Dark Ermac. Could be both, but I don't trust my gut enough to let it tag two people as bothscum yet.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by tautology »

So after the earthquake now I'm at 6 out of 9 to lynch, with most people voting me not saying anything. Could this be any clearer of a scumwagon?

For those of you who aren't scum but still on my wagon, what exactly are you looking for from me? I was dodgy in the item claim to keep it from being free info for scum, but now that I'm at lynch-3 I can give a full claim if that's what the town wants.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Maybe I missed my </sarcasm>

As far as I remember, the next day after I replaced there were 2 wagons: one on BM and one on Taut and both regarding the item massclaim and some lies within it. Where has all that suspicion gone?

TSS: Am I to assume that you distrust me for farside's reasons? And why not a taut wagon, if you please?

Also, what do EVERYONE think about today's headlines? Specifically:
Erika’s store, Papa Johns, a Cult Hideout?
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Mariyta »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:
The Freaktown Sun-Times

Mafia enjoys the town’s inability to find a single Mafia member

After some brief detective-ness, town detective people have confirmed that neither MoS or Battle Mage were part of the Freaktown mafia. It would seem as if the mafia is still slipping by unnoticed in Freaktown, and are currently relaxing as they are becoming closer to a majority in the town.

The Freaktown Enquirer

An unrevealed source has accused the local Papa John's of being a cult hideout. Erika, the store's owner, has vehemently denied these accusations, claiming, "That person probably wanted me to use an expired coupon or something. There's no evidence that a cult hangs out here at all!"

Mafia Courier-Journal

Mafia seen celebrating at Distillery

Over the past night, reporters saw some of the members of the mafia celebrating their continued success at the distillery, drinking a pint (or two). It is said that the owner of the distillery was also present at the festivities. The identities of the others present are still unknown.
Andy makes a decent point. The headlines are meant to help us, in a sense. Being an English major in RL, and having worked for a paper in RL, I'm going to analyze them.

Let's look at the Sun-Times first. That's theoretically supposed to be our most reliable. First off, the grammar is horrid. If I had a virtual red pen, I'd so use it. Aside from that, I don't really see a lot that the town didn't already know. We know MOS and BM weren't mafia, so that's something we need to take into consideration. But aside from that, I don't see much. Anyone else get anything more out of that article?

For the Enquirer, it's supposed to be entertainment, but it's possible that it holds some modicum of information. I don't know how much stock I'd put into it, but it's definately something to keep in mind as we go along.

Now for the mafia paper... It's a way for the mafia to manipulate the town. Now, do we assume they are absolutely lying and trying to frame the owner of the distillery? Or do we use WIFOM logic and figure they'd know we'd think that, and so they're looking like they want to incriminate the distillery, but really are trying to throw suspicion off of the owner?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Andy: in part, but I also found you somewhat suspicious way back when (I think it was day one or early two, but these month-long nights break my rhythm up something horrid). And a couple of the other bandwagoners I think I think are slightly less likely to be scum, which ups the odds on the rest of you.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 am

Post by soupfly »

maybe i'm missing something but do we know if any of the people that have died are scum?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Andycyca »

Have you read the journals lately?
Mariyta wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
The Freaktown Sun-Times

After some brief detective-ness, town detective people have confirmed that neither MoS or Battle Mage were part of the Freaktown mafia. It would seem as if the mafia is still slipping by unnoticed in Freaktown, and are currently relaxing as they are becoming closer to a majority in the town.

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:04 am

Post by soupfly »

Andycyca wrote:Have you read the journals lately?
Mariyta wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
The Freaktown Sun-Times

i'm referring to the fact that six people just got modkilled and none of them are listed as mafia. have we really not gotten any scum yet?

i think we need a popcorn claim on what store everybody runs (and what store items you started with). we're bound to run into a conflict at some point because the items from those stores are now out in the open. you can't just make up a store name because there won't be any relevant items around from your store. also, we can pretty much figure out what items were associated with the dead people so far.
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
The Freaktown Enquirer

An unrevealed source has accused the local Papa John's of being a cult hideout. Erika, the store's owner, has vehemently denied these accusations, claiming, "That person probably wanted me to use an expired coupon or something. There's no evidence that a cult hangs out here at all!"

Mafia Courier-Journal

Mafia seen celebrating at Distillery

Over the past night, reporters saw some of the members of the mafia celebrating their continued success at the distillery, drinking a pint (or two). It is said that the owner of the distillery was also present at the festivities. The identities of the others present are still unknown.
based on this, scum won't be able to claim papa john's or any sort of alcoholic beverage store. that means they'll have to adopt an active player's store type based on what items have been dropped and what stores they refer to. when conflicts arise we'll narrow down the scum choices.

claim will work as follows. i start and then pick the next person to claim after me. then repeat until we finish. each person should claim their store and the items that the store began with.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Well, I think we don't know any alignments right after someone's death (we didn't knew MoS' and BM's roles when they died)

And who's in favor of YET ANOTHER CLAIM?

soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by soupfly »

Andycyca wrote:And who's in favor of YET ANOTHER CLAIM?
this one
makes sense because of the newspaper clippings
which clearly tell us who is scum. before, people could have safely just told us their real stores because there's no reason to be suspicious of Papa John's for instance. Now they have to claim a different store but the problem is that they'll also have to account for the 5 items each store started out with.

but thanks for showing us that you're not in favor of such a plan when it clearly benefits the town and is far easier to pull off.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Andycyca »

I'm just saying that you're planning all this without a consensus (which is, if I may say so, the whole basis of this game) If consensus throws a "yes" answer, I'll claim but I see more trouble than necessary for claiming.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Mariyta »

A) We know all the store names already.

B) If we do a claim, it should be just store name, nothing else. Anything else will lead to the catastrophe before.

C) The article about Papa John's is in the Enquirer, therefore unreliable. Don't use it as a basis for an argument.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Kinetic »

Here, I will say this much. At this point I can tell you about 80% of what me and my ghost can do. This is because I am no longer afraid of retribution from the scum. I can't be NKed.

If I am able to get all of the items I need (listed them above), you will learn the other 20% of my character automatically.

I BELIEVE that someone here has an ability that once activated will allow us to see scum/town immediately. It would make sense in this game in my opinion.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Holy »

@soupfly: I disagree with your suggestion, because I don't find myself recognizing where the store and the start item claim will lead us to a clear conclusion.

From the reliable town newspaper (The Freaktown Sun-Times) we got:
Day 1> Mafia seen in nearby stores giving each other objects.
Day 3> Mafia enjoys the town’s inability to find a single Mafia member. Plus the information of BM's and MoS' alignment.

The dead list and their items, plus random comments:
1. Found Dead on NIGHT 1: scotmany12.
Item beside his body: painkillers.
Painkillers was available to picked on the next day.
2. Lynched on Day 1: Kilroy8675309.
Survivor DVD was on the ground on the dawn of Day 1.
Claimed USING his item (item from his store? for which action?) and picked Survivor DVD.
After him lynched, Survivor DVD was available to picked again on Day 2.
From the rules, Sexy Time needs min 2 items plus another requirements, Bonus Action needs min 3 items, Mayor Status needs 3 items + alcohol.
//I think he might be the scum who giving his item to another scum OR given items from another scum so he was able to USE the items.
3. Found Dead on NIGHT 2: MoS.
Claim on Day 1, received: none.
Keep: Microwave.
Pick: Unreal Tournament Disc.
Items beside his body and ready to pick on the next day: Microwave, Unreal Tournament Disc, Seinfeld DVD (Night 2 grabs, I guess).
Was TOWN, informed from The Sun-Times day 3.
4. Lynched on Day 2: Battle Mage.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Textbooks.
Pick: Chocolate Chip Cookies & Messenger.
Was TOWN, informed from The Sun-Times day 3.
At dawn, TODAY we found: Textbooks, Chocolate Chip Cookies & Messenger. Followed by: Da Vinci Code item.
//I believe he might be indeed the Bookmobile owner. Thus, item: Da Vinci Code might be a book of his.
5. Found Dead on NIGHT 3: Sikario8.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Sam's Cola.
Pick: Painkillers.
On day 2: Sam's Cola laid on the ground.
Items beside his body and ready to pick on Day 3 (TODAY): Painkillers & Ale 8-1.
//So far, every night there's only one victim, I believe in here there's only between Mafia VS Townies. If that's the case, I guess all our Night victims might be Town of course.
=============
From here the news from Sun-Times might be not so reliable anymore.
Mod Killed Day 3:
6. Aimee.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Mail.
Drop: none. Pick: none. Received: none.
Item beside her body Day 3: Mail.
7. Carrotcake/FaerieLord.
Claim on Day 1, pick: none.
Drop: Messenger.
Item beside his body Day 3: Facebook.
8. Fritzler.
Claim on Day 1, drop: Blockus.
Received: Full metal jacket dvd.
Item beside his body Day 3: Buzzword.
9. ibaesha.
Claim on Day 1, give: Full metal jacket dvd. And holding none after that.
Claim on Day 2, pick: Sam's Cola.
Item beside her body Day 3: Apples to apples, Legally Blonde, Sam's Cola, Oven.
//It's kind of weird, because Oven since the beginning of Day 2 always laid on the ground, never picked (I'm using filter for rajrhcpfreak's posts when checking that).
//Interesting note: I can see the items connection between Full metal jacket dvd and Legally Blonde, but not how Apples to apples could be on that items group. She's perhaps a trading scum.
10. IH.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Sorghum.
Item beside his body Day 3: Sorghum & Rice.
11. Jex/MafiaSSK.
Claim on Day 1, pick: none.
Drop: Fish. I.e. holding: none.
Item beside her/his body Day 3: NONE.

I don't know if the list is helpful or not, but at least my messy notes would-be studied better after I rearrange it here.

@Soupfly: On a second thought (it happens when I'm re-listing my notes), I might be supporting a store claim. But will wait for the majority opinions about it.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Holy »

^Hm, lack of enters... /dizzy x_x;
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:28 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Since everyone is talking about stores, I might want to remind the old people and the newbies that there is a list of them here.

Day Three: Page 53 Vote Count

tautology: 6 (Holy, farside22, Andycyca, Kinetic, Dark Ermac, KaleiÐoscøpe)
JDodge: 1 (Tarhalindur)

Not Voting: 9 (Mariyta, JDodge, MissMoo, YagamiLight, Flameaxe, Porochaz, the silent speaker, tautology, soupfly)

9 for a Lynch

Group Inventory:

Marble
Oven
Microwave
Seinfeld DVD
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Da Vinci Code
Pecan Pie
Savage Garden CD
Sunflower
Sorghum
Rice
Facebook
Apples to Apples
Legally Blonde
Oven
Sam’s Cola
Mail
Buzzword

The Deadline will occur 8:00PM EST on February 24, 2008

If a majority isn't reached by Sunday, February 24th, then it will take half the number to lynch.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Holy, did you actually check all of Raj's posts to do that list? Kudos.

Again, I'll claim if majority/consensus wants, but I believe it could lead us to more confusion.
-----------------
On another note: wouldn't it be time for Taut to defend himself? We have 8 days 'til deadline and if nothing changes, he'll be our lynch...

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I am of the opinion that a store claim is not a bad idea, however we currently have a hard deadline. Thus: If you can convince Raj to delay the deadline until we hear all store claims, I'll go with it. If you cannot, I can only vote against Store Claim on the principal that we will not be able to get everyone to claim in time.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Is there a case on Taut, I havent seen it.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Dear Poro,

I will not provide you with a reason to vote someone or not so that you can push off any lingering guilt on me. I am voting them for my own reason. If you would like to vote them, please have your own reasons as well.

If you have someone you would prefer to vote, please vote them. If you intend to give someone else your vote, please either just claim scum or be replaced.

With Love,
Kinetic
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Dear Kinetic,

Regretfully I have not been active in this game, I am currently trying to rectify this. A basis for a vote does not have to be differing reasons for everyone, otherwise this game would get boring and be hard. I currently see no reason to vote Taut, I am asking for a case, anything, as I find the people on the current bandwagon scummy, especially the folk who are asking him to defend himself. Now please, if your not going to help, shut the fuck up.

With love and kisses

your darling Chaz
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Dear Porochaz,

I really cannot, as you so eloquently put it, "shut the fuck up" at your request. You see, I have tried to be active in this game or at least not taking up space. When I see someone doing either one or the other (or both, in your case), I find little reason to cut them any slack.

If, by rectifying your own self-proclaimed errors, you can find a reason to vote for Taut, then vote for him. You also can vote for anyone else in the game, and I encourage you to vote someone. You are correct, people do not have to have different reasons for voting, but they should arrive at those reasons independently. If they do not, then it gives them the (wrong) excuse to blame someone else for their own actions.

My intentions are not to help you, but to help the town. The best way to help the town is to force you to be more active. If you ARE a part of the town, I will thus be helping you. If you do not find me helpful, maybe it is because you are scum.

Your loving companion (or enemy, but still very loving),
Kinetic
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Holy:

Haven't read you're whole thing, but did notice you say you believe that this is Mafia vs. Townies. However, we have heard some lingerings about a cult. I think its fair to say that there is a cult around as well.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”