Micro 431 - Noughts and Crosses Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Belisarius »

I saved this for a separate post: @T-Bone: yeah, but I'm going to have to insist we reserve our incredulity at the stupidity of my government for the dead QT/PT
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by T-Bone »

No one else had some realistic options, we were going to lynch RC regardless of what I was doing. I'm not going to win a fight with my scumreads when I work most of the day, this is the optimal move from my perspective, to stop the noise. If RC flips scum, well then I might shut up because I don't know what I'm talking about, but if he flips town we'll be lynching scum on Day 2. I get the frustration, I do, but this is where I am coming from at the moment.

Yeah, you guys are next to each other, no matter what we did (barring maybe one scenario) one of you were going to survive to LyLo. You're selling to me like you are frustrated scum at this point because I forced the lynch in a spot you didn't want.

But really, were we going to lynch you Day 1? No. Were we going to lynch Beli Day 1? No. We were going to lynch RC no matter how long this day phase lasted. No one was entertaining any thoughts otherwise. It apparently didn't matter that town had always suggested what RC did before, it didn't matter that RC's play wasn't even all that scummy. It was going to happen, no sense on letting everyone suffer.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by T-Bone »

By all means Math, push my lynch tomorrow, so we're not putting all the blame on my shoulders.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

NOT TRUE

Lynching me absolutely ENSURES scum don't live to LyLo. This is a total no-brainer.

But you have absolutely ZERO case on me OR Belisarius, you just hammered someone you think is town, and made the ultimate anti-town move from your standpoint if you're town and your reads are legit.
And you're making no effort to even consider the possibility of my being town.
Suppose I'm town.
Now what?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Pine »

I approve of the condom flavor survey

If I get night killed, I absolutely without reservation DEMAND T-Bone's lynch. No excuses
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 150, Belisarius wrote:I saved this for a separate post: @T-Bone: yeah, but I'm going to have to insist we reserve our incredulity at the stupidity of my government for the dead QT/PT

I expect a story behind this

Also I might be a little buzzed because I find myself wondering why children would need to use condoms

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Scripten »

I could totally see T-Bone/Kaboose. Just caught up but I need to reread the longer posts to get a read on a few players. Still wtf-ing at T-Bone. Scumreading Vettrock and Kaboose atm.

Guess we'll see.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 151, T-Bone wrote:Yeah, you guys are next to each other, no matter what we did (barring maybe one scenario) one of you were going to survive to LyLo. You're selling to me like you are frustrated scum at this point because I forced the lynch in a spot you didn't want.

in what UNIVERSE would I not want this lynch? For a me/Belisarius scumteam, the optimal lynch is Equinox since it clears both me and Beli from death.

But before you decided to out yourself, I was fully prepared to self-lynch tomorrow so vettrock and Kaboose end up dead.

Also, no due process?

No "we need more discussion"?

Seriously? 90% of this game has been setup spec.

You've fucked us over regardless of your alignment.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 153, Mathdino wrote:NOT TRUE

Lynching me absolutely ENSURES scum don't live to LyLo. This is a total no-brainer.

But you have absolutely ZERO case on me OR Belisarius, you just hammered someone you think is town, and made the ultimate anti-town move from your standpoint if you're town and your reads are legit.
And you're making no effort to even consider the possibility of my being town.
Suppose I'm town.
Now what?

Then I fucked up?

I know I talk in absolutes, by I don't mean anything is set in stone. We don't even have a flip or NK yet

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 154, Pine wrote:If I get night killed, I absolutely without reservation DEMAND T-Bone's lynch. No excuses

I am so so so happy you said this Pine. Can you deWIFOM all of your reads before night, by any chance?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 157, Mathdino wrote:
In post 151, T-Bone wrote:Yeah, you guys are next to each other, no matter what we did (barring maybe one scenario) one of you were going to survive to LyLo. You're selling to me like you are frustrated scum at this point because I forced the lynch in a spot you didn't want.

in what UNIVERSE would I not want this lynch? For a me/Belisarius scumteam, the optimal lynch is Equinox since it clears both me and Beli from death.

So basically you wanted more time to set up YOUR optimal lynch. I'm sure that's where this day phase was headed. I was 'too absent' from this thread, and after I had done some minor activity, Equinox would have been 'too absent' and you would have ramped it up on him and pushed his lynch till the cows come home.

This is a slip

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Okay let's see.

If we lynch T-Bone, mafia must pick a side or lose.

If Kaboose or vettrock is scum, they'll shoot in {Belisarius, Scripten}. Then we're forced to pick the opposite side, which means they kill either me or Equinox.

Basically if we lynch T-Bone, this game is gonna be a 1v1 between Kaboose and vettrock.

Do I need to reiterate how much I hate this? If T-Bone and RC are both town we just lost.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 160, T-Bone wrote:

So basically you wanted more time to set up YOUR optimal lynch. I'm sure that's where this day phase was headed. I was 'too absent' from this thread, and after I had done some minor activity, Equinox would have been 'too absent' and you would have ramped it up on him and pushed his lynch till the cows come home.

This is a slip

I HAD A TOWNREAD ON EQUINOX. LIKE HIS ENTIRE OPENING READS TOTAL TOWN.

RC was gonna be the lynch no matter what, you think I have the influence to change that WHILE completely flipflopping on my reads?

Suppose I'm scum.

DONTCHA THINK TRYING TO SWITCH TO EQUINOX WOULD BE SUICIDE.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 160, T-Bone wrote:

This is a slip

IF YOU MEAN TOWNSLIP, HELL YES IT'S A SLIP

My optimal lynch for me/Beli as you're proposing is Equinox, absolutely unquestionably.

As town, my optimal lynch BEFORE I REALISED YOU'RE SCUM would be RC because it allows us to take out Kaboose and vettrock at the same time. I don't particularly care if I die from this BECAUSE WHO THE FUCK CARES IF I'M TOWN.

YOU JUST HAMMERED THE PERSON THAT IS YOUR OPTIMAL LYNCH AS SCUM

DAMMIT
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i thought we had this game in the bag :facepalm:
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by T-Bone »

We didn't just lose, only if you insist on giving scum the perfect mislynch I have unfortunately set-up on myself. I can take the heat, I can. I don't mean to imply I think Math is scum no questions asked. He's my strongest scumread, but I'm not willing to let anyone skate by.

Then who did you want lynched? You're all upset about lynching RC, but when I suggested you wanted an Equinox lynch you also get upset about that. That leaves me and you in the corners on Day 1....if you wanted to lynch me that's all well and fine, but I'm not convinced of anything here.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 164, Mathdino wrote:i thought we had this game in the bag :facepalm:

This is why Math is scum. He keeps INSISTING that I have claimed scum...but yet somehow the town is going to lose despite me scumflipping when you lynch me? There's no reason town-Math should be upset, because if I have just claimed scum, I have set up the town to a greater chance to win. I don't see anyone else who is scumreading me getting upset that I might have claimed scum. For Pine, it's an assured thing that I flip scum, and he's not worrying about the town being in a bad position...there is much discontent between what Math-town should be, and what Math actually is.

Did I make any sense to anyone there?

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Why would I want to lynch Equinox, a townread?

Why do we have to lynch a corner tomorrow? After Pine dies OUR OPTIMAL LYNCH IS A SIDE, NEWSFLASH.

I wanted RC lynched because after that the death order can be me->vettrock->Kaboose->whoever dies. My master plan D2 was to self-vote.

Your theory is fucked up, if you're town you're absolutely fucking right you set up the perfect mislynch BY HAMMERING A TOWNIE DAY 1.

I know I'm town. If you and RC are both town, (and I have a townread on Beli), there's very very little we can do to win this.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by T-Bone »

*there is much disconnect

is what I meant at the end of the first paragraph

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 166, T-Bone wrote:

This is why Math is scum. He keeps INSISTING that I have claimed scum...but yet somehow the town is going to lose despite me scumflipping when you lynch me? There's no reason town-Math should be upset, because if I have just claimed scum, I have set up the town to a greater chance to win. I don't see anyone else who is scumreading me getting upset that I might have claimed scum. For Pine, it's an assured thing that I flip scum, and he's not worrying about the town being in a bad position...there is much discontent between what Math-town should be, and what Math actually is.

no fuck this shit

if we lynch you, scum controls the death order until 3p lylo

a lylo that we have a damn good chance of losing

lynching you, even if you flip scum, loses control of the board

and as of yet i have no idea who your partner is if RC is town

again

your theory either SUCKS ASS or you're scum and you just pulled the optimal move
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 167, Mathdino wrote:Why would I want to lynch Equinox, a townread?

Why do we have to lynch a corner tomorrow? After Pine dies OUR OPTIMAL LYNCH IS A SIDE, NEWSFLASH.

I wanted RC lynched because after that the death order can be me->vettrock->Kaboose->whoever dies. My master plan D2 was to self-vote.

Your theory is fucked up, if you're town you're absolutely fucking right you set up the perfect mislynch BY HAMMERING A TOWNIE DAY 1.

I know I'm town. If you and RC are both town, (and I have a townread on Beli), there's very very little we can do to win this.

Again disconnect!!!!!....Town-you is getting exactly what you want!!

Like I don't understand this at all. You're saying "Hi I'm Math, I'm town, and I want x, y, and z to happen this game" and now that you are getting "x, y, and z (potentially)" you're freaking out about losing! It makes no sense!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 169, Mathdino wrote:
In post 166, T-Bone wrote:

no fuck this shit

if we lynch you, scum controls the death order until 3p lylo

a lylo that we have a damn good chance of losing

lynching you, even if you flip scum, loses control of the board

and as of yet i have no idea who your partner is if RC is town

again

your theory either SUCKS ASS or you're scum and you just pulled the optimal move

You mean the move that you (and everyone else) wanted anyway?????

Am I the only slightly sober one here? What in the actual fuck? What are we arguing about?

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 170, T-Bone wrote:
In post 167, Mathdino wrote:Why would I want to lynch Equinox, a townread?

Again disconnect!!!!!....Town-you is getting exactly what you want!!

Like I don't understand this at all. You're saying "Hi I'm Math, I'm town, and I want x, y, and z to happen this game" and now that you are getting "x, y, and z (potentially)" you're freaking out about losing! It makes no sense!

wantED
wanTED
TED
TED

before you claimed scum i had good reason to believe the scumteam was in {Kaboose, vettrock, RC}

so an RC lynch is perfection with the exception of the fact that i have to get lynched for this plan to work

BUT GREAT NOW YOU'RE SCUM
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT NOW
YOUR LYNCH WOULD BE NICE
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by T-Bone »

BUT GREAT I'M NOT SCUM

If you're town we're arguing about nothing, and if you're scum we're arguing so you can get a head start on my mislynch tomorrow. That's is what is going on in this thread.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Mathdino »

don't you dare present this as "this is what you wanted anyway"

scum hammering town is the opposite of what i wanted

if you're town and RC is town, we're arguing over the fact that you lost us the game, plain and simple

i have 0 reason outside of TTT to not vote you tomorrow based on this fuckery

so yes, if town loses, it's on you, brother

i hope you're scum so at least you deserve the damn win

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”