Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Shinobi »

I feel like the term "defense" is being stretched particularly thin. I never really defended MS at that point in time; I stated that lynching him for being weird isn't a valid reason. And it isn't.

I didn't really feel like his entry post, in regards to his claiming both vanilla town and mason, is particularly damning evidence. What if he actually is a mason? Are you going to run him up just to find out? There are only two roles to claim in this setup, so claiming both of them at once while not at L-1 doesn't look particularly damning. Vote hopping is the only valid piece of evidence that I can see against him at this point, but I simply don't feel like this is a strong enough case to warrant my vote. If his nonsense continues or better evidence comes up, I'll consider voting him.

I would, however, love to hear more than three people talking about this.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:20 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 75, Shinobi wrote:I feel like the term "defense" is being stretched particularly thin. I never really defended MS at that point in time; I stated that lynching him for being weird isn't a valid reason. And it isn't.

I didn't really feel like his entry post, in regards to his claiming both vanilla town and mason, is particularly damning evidence. What if he actually is a mason? Are you going to run him up just to find out? There are only two roles to claim in this setup, so claiming both of them at once while not at L-1 doesn't look particularly damning. Vote hopping is the only valid piece of evidence that I can see against him at this point, but I simply don't feel like this is a strong enough case to warrant my vote. If his nonsense continues or better evidence comes up, I'll consider voting him.

I would say you soft-defended him. It was nowhere near as blatant as MS' soft-defend of NPAU (nopointactingup) but it was there.

I'd like to run him up and find out, yeah. A Mason just wouldn't make a post like that, either he is a bad VT or he's scum, and I think the latter fits better with his play so far.

I would also like to hear from some more people. It would be excellent if they could read the thread and then sheep me.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

"What if he actually is a mason? Are you going to run him up just to find out? "

Best.
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:22 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Bad VT? Wow that's rude, go take a look at my postbit.
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:22 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Then look at yours.
oopsies! haha!

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Huntress »

@ Zebulin:
Please don't put your replies inside a quote as it gets confusing to follow and it's a pain if someone wants to quote you.

In post 63, Zebulin wrote:
In post 45, Huntress wrote:Doesn't this have exactly the same meaning as the original version?
This question was worded in a way that didn't seem like rolefishing.

You are saying that it was just the wording you would have changed so it didn't look so bad? You were still asking him about his partner comment. Did you think he would have told you whether or not he actually had a partner?

In post 45, Huntress wrote:What answer did you expect to get, and how would that have affected your view of him?
I was trying to find a logical reason behind his first post. I still have no ideas why he said it, town or scum.

I see you've now asked him directly, so that's good.

In post 45, Huntress wrote:What do you think Metal Sonic's motive was making his claim post was?
I have no idea. To make us confused? IF that was the goal, he definitly succeeded.

You say that he's scummy, and have now voted him, but at the same time you are saying you are confused by him?

I'm still not sure about all this, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt for now if you can tell me why you think he is scummy, as opposed to just confusing.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 61, Metal Sonic wrote:Why did you vote EspressoDan? Was that an RVS vote? My apologies, but you do not appear to be in the RVS mood.

Nope; it wasn't RVS. He was avoiding talking about the game. As are Rambler and AssMuffin who must have picked up their role PMs otherwise they would have been replaced along with James May.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 76, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 75, Shinobi wrote:I feel like the term "defense" is being stretched particularly thin. I never really defended MS at that point in time; I stated that lynching him for being weird isn't a valid reason. And it isn't.

I would say you soft-defended him. It was nowhere near as blatant as MS' soft-defend of NPAU (nopointactingup) but it was there.

I'd like to run him up and find out, yeah. A Mason just wouldn't make a post like that, either he is a bad VT or he's scum, and I think the latter fits better with his play so far.

I would also like to hear from some more people. It would be excellent if they could read the thread and then sheep me.

I fail to see how "soft-defending" anyone is relevant information. Are you implying that NPAU is his scumbuddy? How does that make him scum in this circumstance? Why don't you think a mason would make that post?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:35 am

In post 82, Shinobi wrote:
I fail to see how "soft-defending" anyone is relevant information. Are you implying that NPAU is his scumbuddy? How does that make him scum in this circumstance? Why don't you think a mason would make that post?

It's not a whole lot to go on right now, but it can be very useful later in the game when there will have been flips/NK's.

I may be implying that NPAU could be his scum-buddy. Of course, he could be a Mason soft-defending his partner, but as I previously stated, I have already ruled this possibility out. Why do
you
think he took it upon himself to answer a question that was directed at somebody else?

I just don't think a Mason would essentially make a soft-claim like that in an entry post. It seems a little dangerous.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:38 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 65, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, Huntress and Shinobi...why aren't you sheeping me?

You haven't given me any reason to? Not one that I think is valid, anyway, and I'm quite enjoying his posts. What didn't you like about his vote-hopping?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 83, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 82, Shinobi wrote:

It's not a whole lot to go on right now, but it can be very useful later in the game when there will have been flips/NK's.

I may be implying that NPAU could be his scum-buddy. Of course, he could be a Mason soft-defending his partner, but as I previously stated, I have already ruled this possibility out. Why do
you
think he took it upon himself to answer a question that was directed at somebody else?

I just don't think a Mason would essentially make a soft-claim like that in an entry post. It seems a little dangerous.

I just don't see the mason angle and I'd prefer to leave it at that. It should be obvious that talking about possible masons is bad, and this conversation could be used by scum for narrowing down possible mason suspects.

Regardless, I'm willing to wait for more thread development. I'm not willing to hop on this bandwagon as of right now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:47 am

In post 85, Shinobi wrote:
I just don't see the mason angle and I'd prefer to leave it at that. It should be obvious that talking about possible masons is bad, and this conversation could be used by scum for narrowing down possible mason suspects.

I agree. Could you answer my question though?
In post 83, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why do
you
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Shinobi »

I don't know. Maybe you should ask him instead of jumping to the conclusion that he's scum for answering someone else's question.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:22 am

In post 87, Shinobi wrote:I don't know. Maybe you should ask him instead of jumping to the conclusion that he's scum for answering someone else's question.

I have. He chose not to respond.

That's not the only reason I'm scum-reading him either.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:43 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 53, Metal Sonic wrote:Oh yay! Hi meow! Are you town?

Hi! Yes!

In post 54, EspressoDan wrote:James May left :(
UNVOTE:
VOTE: nyanyanya because your name is hard to type.

Random Voting Stage is best stage!

Uh, why are you sad he left? He's now replaced with an active player that you can read and sort.

Why are you doing RSV.2?? I don't know in mind we are out of it , but I still don't know where I want to vote as of yet.

In post 60, Huntress wrote:
In post 52, Malakittens wrote:Ohaaaaaaai Huntress. Let's dance sooner than later, kay? (:

Hi Mala! The sooner the better. :)

In post 52, Malakittens wrote:Also i reaaaaally didn't like Zeb's role fishing in 30 , but because of the join date I might be meowing up the wrong tree, but I'll likely take a glance at his games after I post this. Although him explaining I'm getting a gut vibe because I can see him genuinely trying to scumhunt based off the wording. (I know stupid logic, eh??)

His one completed game shows it might be a playstyle thing. I'm in two minds about him but hopefully I'll have a clearer idea when he's responded to my questions. So far, the only conclusion I've come to is that he and MS are unlikely to be both scum.

In the meantime,

Vote: EspressoDan

Yeah I glanced at it last night before the power went off and my phone died. I didn't see anything 'terrible' in the ISO. So I'm just going to let him be and see what progesses.

Why is ms less likely to be scum?
In post 61, Metal Sonic wrote:Why did you vote EspressoDan? Was that an RVS vote? My apologies, but you do not appear to be in the RVS mood.

Gut doesn't like this idk why.

In post 68, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You shouldn't assume I have town-reads on you both, because I don't. You two are the only one's who have posted since we found our first scum.

Don't defend him with meta either. That's awful.

Now, sheep me.

Interesting. Remind me again why you have such a hate on meta?
So far I haven't liked your posting at all. For little things: call out people for soft defening, but in my eyes that exactly what you are doing.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:44 am

Post by Malakittens »

Also ms can you knock this crap off please? Thanks!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 81, Huntress wrote:

Nope; it wasn't RVS. He was avoiding talking about the game. As are Rambler and AssMuffin who must have picked up their role PMs otherwise they would have been replaced along with James May.

Hm. Hm.

Crap. I forgot whether or not town or scum you go after lurkers. I really don't remember you doing it in our hydras lately.

;;

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:05 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 88, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 87, Shinobi wrote:I don't know. Maybe you should ask him instead of jumping to the conclusion that he's scum for answering someone else's question.

I have. He chose not to respond.

That's not the only reason I'm scum-reading him either.

I'm aware, but that isn't the issue.

Without having his flip in front of you, that post could have come from town!MS or scum!MS, and you have no way of knowing otherwise. NPAU is actually guilty of doing this "soft-defending" as well, but you haven't seemed to have called him on it at all. What gives?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Malakittens »

Tbh I when I first read the ms comment I really thought he was tryin to gain a read on huntress and not soft defending NpAU

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:31 am

In post 89, Malakittens wrote:
Interesting. Remind me again why you have such a hate on meta?
So far I haven't liked your posting at all. For little things: call out people for soft defening, but in my eyes that exactly what you are doing.

Because meta is easily manipulated and it's a poor scum-hunting tool.

Who have I soft-defended?

You're also unbelievable bad at reading me.

In post 92, Shinobi wrote:
I'm aware, but that isn't the issue.

Without having his flip in front of you, that post could have come from town!MS or scum!MS, and you have no way of knowing otherwise. NPAU is actually guilty of doing this "soft-defending" as well, but you haven't seemed to have called him on it at all. What gives?

Correct, which is why I said it isn't anything hugely significant right now, but it could be useful later on in the game.

Are you sure I didn't pick up on the soft-defending from NPAU?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Shinobi »

You didn't say anything up until now, so I would assume that you didn't. Unless you find it advantageous to hide information from the town.

What's your read on NPAU?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Malakittens »

Okay. I'm not even gonna bother trying to argue that. I mean it's so wrong , but that's okay.

You soft defended Zeb in my mind.

How can I be unbelievably bad at reading you when a) I haven't really given you a read on you so far. I'm just engaging you. B) how you tunneled me and I reacted by tunneling you the majority of the game in your first game .

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:45 am

In post 95, Shinobi wrote:You didn't say anything up until now, so I would assume that you didn't. Unless you find it advantageous to hide information from the town.

What's your read on NPAU?

When the time is right I'll reveal all. I'm null on NPAU right now given he has done nothing.

In post 96, Malakittens wrote:
You soft defended Zeb in my mind.

How have I soft-defended Zeb?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Shinobi »

Fair enough, I guess.
Alpha Sapphire
Alpha Sapphire
Townie
Alpha Sapphire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Alpha Sapphire »

Hi. So what exactly is going on right now? I thought the votes at this point were mostly random.

Return to “Completed Open Games”