Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by notscience »

He was fucking hysterical I don't know what you're talking about
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Parama »

he was annoying sometimes but generally funny
I really hate the "ghost" segment of one of the trials tho like omg
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Chevre »

Hiro's best moment for me was
at the end when you open a locker in the 2nd floor dorms and find his stuff in it . . . which made me think he was secretly the 30-year-old headmaster and the mastermind behind it all. Once that wasn't the reality I was like "wtf was the point of him then?"
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by notscience »

The rest of the final group were so high strung in their own ways. Togami's ego, Toko's desperation, Hina's whole thing with oogami and wanting to not be useless anymore, and Kirigiri was serious all the time. They needed someone calm and goofy.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 2:46 am

Post by pieguyn »

I just finished DR2, so, hi!

Spoiler: DR1 ranking
Chihiro
Sayaka
Kirigiri
Byakuya

Naegi
Asahina
Sakura
Shou
Yasuhiro, Celes, Hifumi, Mondo
Junko

Toko
Taka
Leon

Chihiro is in first for reasons entirely unrelated to
her secret from chapter 2 in case anyone was wondering :igmeou: , I love her cos she's probably the most brave/courageous one out of all the characters in the game despite thinking she isn't, and she's a total math/programming nerd. ~
I don't really get all of the Byakuya hate. he acts arrogant, but he really has the most sense out of most of the people there, and his "don't assume everyone views the world through your eyes" is so true. I hated Shou at first but I warmed up to her very very quickly the more I saw her.

Spoiler: DR2 ranking
Chiaki
Mikan

Nagito, Sonia, Gundham, Ibuki
Hajime
Akane, Fuyuhiko, Nekomaru
Kazuichi
Togami
Mahiru
Peko, Hiyoko, Teru

Chiaki is first because love. <3 Mikan is second because
she trolled the everliving fuck out of me on the third trial. I basically had everything figured out, except I didn't make it to where the video was actually filmed; when I first thought that the video could have been recorded in the conference room I immediately reasoned that would make it necessarily her and I was like "durrrrr that must not be right" up until it became the only possibility. plus I found her execution of it fucking beautiful. even when everyone figured out it was her no one wanted to actually vote her (and I was sitting there going "are you sure that's what happened?" before reminding myself that logically no one else made sense) until she screwed up and scum claimed at the end. I would claim during that whole thing she was in fact a better liar than Celes from game 1, and that's saying something. so, it's not really "I like this character" as much as "holy shit, well done".
also,
I still don't have the slightest fuck what "Togami"'s goal was, but he seemed nice enough anyway.
I like everyone from DR2, tbh, so I have trouble putting the rest of the characters in one order.

Spoiler: DR1/DR2 trials. heavy spoilers ahead, proceed at your own risk
1.5 -> I find this entire chapter to be sheer genius in the most troll way possible, plus I'm p strongly fond of it because I figured out the answer (which is a completely troll answer btw) before it was formally revealed, which I imagine you're not supposed to be able to do ._.

2.3 -> I like this case so much more than Celes' case from the first game, tbh. for a plan that basically relies on her deceiving everyone and them believing her, her plan is actually _really_ solid; since usually once you find out the "trick" behind the case it becomes obvious who the culprit is, you basically need to make the truth so inexplicable that it requires a bunch of mental gymnastics to break through everything and even get to the answer, which most people completely fail at doing but she managed to utilize her prior behavior to almost actually get away with it. unlike Celes' plan, her execution of it was basically seamless (all the way down to using her authority as the Ultimate Nurse to falsify the cause of death, which I found p nifty), and she was never _really_ condemned until she scum slipped right at the very end of the trial. plus my face thoroughly lit up when she started ATE'ing all over the place after people first caught onto her; I was basically like "O MY GAWD THIS IS STRAIGHT OUT OF A MAFIA GAME", and I actually had to stop and question if someone who would theoretically no experience with that kind of thing would be able to pull off that kind of shit before reminding myself it was the only logical conclusion. so ya I basically like this trial because the scum game Mikan tried to play, in that situation, was really formidable and mad props to her for actually almost getting away with it! even if maybe her being infected with the "despair disease" is kind of a deus ex machina.

1.1 -> I think I like this trial because it does a really good job emphasizing just how ridiculous everyone's situation actually is, and how completely nonchalant Monokuma is throughout the whole thing. everyone, freaking the hell out: "um, when you say 'punished'..." Monokuma, all excited and completely apathetic to how everyone else is freaking the hell out: "I'm talkin' executed! *lists off a bunch of different executions here*" plus Sayaka winds up being a huge trollfuck and tries to betray Naegi, which I have to have some respect for in similar vein to Mikan from 2.3 because the way she went about it was p solid imo, while at the same time I feel really strongly for her because I can obviously see why she'd be so conflicted in her position.

1.4 -> I find the fact that two fake scum claims happened in this case fucking hilarious. in complete contrast, I find the third (Asahina's) scum claim, and the ending, to be really legitimately sad, and I feel so awful for her. plus I have to give the case a lot of credit because I actually _didn't_ figure out the culprit the first time through, despite having a lot of the events of the actual case figured out in advance even though I had the order wrong. my working theory was that Asahina did it on accident ><

2.1 -> I liked this case and I completely flipped out when I first realized Nagito was a perpetrator, although mostly because at that point I was working under the assumption Nagito was Naegi and I had no idea what would drive someone like Neagi to kill someone. the other thing I like is that even once you figure out how it happened, it's really really difficult to figure out _who_ specifically did it until the thing with Nagito is cleared up, and even then it's not quite clear how it's possible (that being the culprit had information he shouldn't have had because Nagito told him about it). plus, oh my god that ending is so awful. :<

2.5 -> I don't really know where to put this, because while the case itself is brilliant, the outcome was so sickeningly awful that I actually broke down crying.

1.6 -> the case itself is really fun, and Junko is a massive troll who mostly succeeds in inducing despair in anyone who argues with her. if I could book a complaint with it, I feel like a lot of the answers were made to be too obvious, i.e. her outright telling us stuff that we probably should had to have figured out or proven for ourselves.

2.4 -> IDK, I found the culprit in this fairly obvious via POE even though I couldn't figure out a solid reason which condemned him (until near the end) or his motive for doing it. I have to give Monokuma some credit bc his motive in this chapter is pure deadliness, though, and I thought playing as both Hajime and Nagito was really cool. plus I liked how much of a role the structure of the building it was in played into the chapter, in that it gave you a lot to think about even if you don't come up with the correct solution immediately (my first instinct, for instance, was that the alarm in the red house was set to allow the killer to solidify an alibi, that implying the killer was someone from red house).

1.3 -> Celes' plan in this case was mostly a good one and her execution of it was a very good _attempt_, but I had it figured out 30 seconds after the "incident" started because there was obviously no way there would be a "madman" running around in the school to begin with. that plus despite Yasuhiro being a huge derp, he was bleedingly obvious town for practically the entire game, so I would say her choice of target was a bad one. figuring out exactly how it happened isn't straightforward, though.

2.2 -> I didn't really like this trial much, for a lot of reasons. the thing with "Sparking Justice" I thought was just a huge ripoff from Shou in the first game. the mystery itself is blindingly obvious when you realize the killer wasn't Hiyoko and put together what actually happened in the beach house, as long as you keep track of or can remember the events leading up to it. I found myself screaming at everyone the whole case that there had to have been a third person who discovered the body and that it had to have been Fuyuhiko. no one, Hajime _included_, realized it until _after the votes were cast already_, and I thought it was inexplicable that everyone ignored Sonia protesting at the end and voted anyway. moreover I found Peko's reasoning for it just to be really shallow and not really thought through at all (as testimony to this, _both_ Fuyuhiko _and Peko_ after the case ends comment on how completely pointless Peko killing someone for that reason actually was).

1.2 -> :roll: I pretty much hate when people find Chihiro's secret, and their reaction is to flip the fuck out and have no idea what anything means anymore. just _seriously_?

2.6 excluded because it's not really a "trial" in similar vein to all the other trials and there isn't much mystery-solving involved, it's mostly just a huge info dump/the ending.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 2:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

Spoiler: something bugging me from DR2.
does anyone know what exactly is going on with Nagito Komaeda? he has the same talent, the same voice, very similar clothing, looks pretty much the same, and when you rearrange his name it literally means "it's Naegi Makoto". this had me convinced until the start of chapter 6 they were the same person, yet apparently they're not and I was just being a huge idiot the whole game. what am I missing?

TL note: Naegi Makoto da -> it's Naegi Makoto.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Parama »

the writers did that to troll the player, mostly
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 8:24 am

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 56, Parama wrote:the writers did that to troll the player, mostly

I mean they have the same VA(atleast the Japanese ones) and stuff also so yea.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Natirasha »

In post 55, pieguyn wrote:
Spoiler: something bugging me from DR2.
does anyone know what exactly is going on with Nagito Komaeda? he has the same talent, the same voice, very similar clothing, looks pretty much the same, and when you rearrange his name it literally means "it's Naegi Makoto". this had me convinced until the start of chapter 6 they were the same person, yet apparently they're not and I was just being a huge idiot the whole game. what am I missing?

TL note: Naegi Makoto da -> it's Naegi Makoto.

Spoiler: Nagito
There's a lot to his character. The basic conceit to his character is that having your whole life revolve around drastic turns of fortune really fucks you up. It's implied multiple times in the first game that Naegi is actually the Ultimate Bad Luck, but persevered through all of it. Nagito figuratively(as in his mental state) and literally(As in his brain tumor) broke from his constant fortune. He's intended to be a deliberate parallel to Naegi in that aspect, and it also sets up a lot of the thematic battle in SDR2--the Hopeless Hope is more or less your biggest adversary during the game, and is intended to lead into the final act's conclusion: that only through rejecting hope and despair can one become truly genuine to oneself.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

This game is addictive

help

EDIT:
wtf is with the second floor of the dormitory? I'm in chapter 5 and it's STILL blocked off
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Parama »

yeah you'll see just keep playing don't question it
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah just completed the game. It makes sense now.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Parama »

congratulations, you are now junko.

now make us all proud and play the sequel
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I guess I'll follow the trend and make one of these while I'm here:

Spoiler: character rankings/DR1
S Tier:
Celeste
Kyoko
Sayaka
Sakura

A Tier:
Aoi
Mondo
Chihiro

B Tier:
Byakuya
Kiyotaka
Mukuro
Junko
Makoto

C Tier:
Toko/Genocide Jack
Yasuhiro
Leon
Hifumi
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I finally got around to beating
Dangan Ronpa 2
after not playing it for nearly an entire year last night. it was just so hard watching all my favorite characters die that my enthusiasm for playing it drained as time passed. I did it though.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Parama »

congratulations, you killed them all
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2016 12:39 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 54, pieguyn wrote:
Spoiler: DR2 ranking
Chiaki
Mikan

Nagito, Sonia, Gundham, Ibuki
Hajime
Akane, Fuyuhiko, Nekomaru
Kazuichi
Togami
Mahiru
Peko, Hiyoko, Teru
Spoiler: update after finishing all of the free times
Fuyuhiko up two, Peko up one, Teru down two.

no seriously, what the actual fuck was Teru's last free time? :neutral:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ok, finished Dangan Ronpa 2
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by Parama »

now you need to read danganronpa zero and play the spinoff game
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

Where even is the spinoff game?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Parama »

not on steam yet :P

tbh I haven't played it either so
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:50 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

It's nothing alike the first two games. Fun story, boring puzzle gameplay.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 9:15 am

Post by tn5421 »

I'm in it for the story, tbh.
WIP
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Parama »

In post 72, tn5421 wrote:I'm in it for the story, tbh.
yeah basically. i actually don't like DR2's gameplay as much as the first, it's kinda mediocre, but the story is rad so w/e it's great
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

In case anyone wants another story like the two games. It's one of the better fanfics I've ever read in my life.

Return to “The Arcade”