Micro 382 - CREDIMVS PAVONI DEORVM (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:44 am

Post by TierShift »

Ahahaha this is hilarious actually
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by Scripten »

Tiershift:
Alright, fine. How about you go ahead and explain why those questions were, as you put it, "below the mark?" While you're at it, why don't you also explain how it is anti-town to answer questions that aren't good enough for you? Excluding, of course, anti-town behavior such as rolefishing.

BBT:
Right now, it means that, for some nebulous reason, both you and Tiershift agree that dodging questions is appropriate, pro-town behavior. Is that right? I used the buddying examples to show how you both cluthtered together, twice now. Gut is pushing for you to be scum and him to be the one getting buddy'd up to.

And yes, I understand that that the timing means you wrote your posts at the same time. If you haven't noticed, the mafiascum forums
tell
you when you've been ninja'd. Even if you both wanted to say the same thing, he was fine letting you skip out on answering. Until I get a satisfactory answer as to why this is even remotely helpful, I'm going to keep pressing. It'll be easier for all of us involved if you either a) answer the initial questions or b) give a good reason not to that isn't "I'm too good for
those
plebian questions."
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You're really pushing this issue. You have to be scum.

Your questions were bad. How are they supposed to help you work out somebody's alignment? They were awful questions designed to look like you were prompting discussion and scum-hunting.

I'm so sure you're gonna flip scum.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 27, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're really pushing this issue. You have to be scum.

Your questions were bad. How are they supposed to help you work out somebody's alignment? They were awful questions designed to look like you were prompting discussion and scum-hunting.

Uh huh.

Well, let's see. You drop the buzzword OMGUS twice in two posts, and push for a quicklynch. OMGUS is self-centered and quicklynching is a waste of an entire day's worth of information. Combining an OMGUS vote, which you were threatening and now have on me, with a quicklynch, an idea you really like, is anti-town.

Do you see where I'm going or do I have to spell this out for you entirely?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:40 pm

In post 28, Scripten wrote:
In post 27, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're really pushing this issue. You have to be scum.

Uh huh.

Well, let's see. You drop the buzzword OMGUS twice in two posts, and push for a quicklynch. OMGUS is self-centered and quicklynching is a waste of an entire day's worth of information. Combining an OMGUS vote, which you were threatening and now have on me, with a quicklynch, an idea you really like, is anti-town.

Do you see where I'm going or do I have to spell this out for you entirely?

You're gonna have to spell it out for me.

I didn't realise your first vote was a serious vote, I thought it was RVS.

Oh dear, I may have some spelling out to do for you. I know Wolfy from a previous game, the OMGUS was a joke. Both times. I don't believe you couldn't figure this out for yourself, but whatever, I've spelled it out for you now.

Quicklynching was obviously another tongue in cheek comment. Wow, what are you trying to do here?

Pretty sure I have explained my vote on you as well. I fully expect you to get lynched when the rest of the players start the game. It's just too obvious. I don't know why my buddy Tier (who funnily enough I've never played with before) hasn't got his vote on you yet.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 29, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:my buddy Tier (who funnily enough I've never played with before)

You should play with him more often he's a p cool guy I herd

Script, your questions are useless because whatever answer comes out of it is useless and not game-related. Any question should be aimed at generating content.

BBT what is the scum motivation in pushing the issue?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:48 pm

In post 30, TierShift wrote:
In post 29, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:my buddy Tier (who funnily enough I've never played with before)

You should play with him more often he's a p cool guy I herd

Script, your questions are useless because whatever answer comes out of it is useless and not game-related. Any question should be aimed at generating content.

BBT what is the scum motivation in pushing the issue?

Defensive. Feels quite strongly that he has to defend his position instead of just admitting they were bad questions. Scum don't like to look like/admit that they have made mistakes; genuine or otherwise.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by TierShift »

Or he's a newb genuinely thinking he made good questions?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:52 pm

In post 32, TierShift wrote:Or he's a newb genuinely thinking he made good questions?

That's not the feel I'm getting from it.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by TierShift »

Tough break.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Scripten »

BBT:
I didn't realize that the comment toward Wolfy was a joke and not a threat. Didn't see the previous game you were talking about. Obviously the second mention of OMGUS was framed as a joke, but I saw it as you creating an atmosphere where you could push an easy day 1 lynch on a player. When I posted my questions, I was more incredulous than anything. I was under the impression that you were trying to normalize a later OMGUS vote disguised as something else. ("No way. I would never OMGUS vote anyone. Look at posts and ; I find it absolutely ridiculous.")

I'll admit I was slightly under pressure later on. I read your vote on me as that OMGUS vote I'd been expecting out of you.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Scripten »

Alright, maybe a bit too paranoid. It's becoming a bit of a thing that I'm not particularly good at RVS/Day 1 stuff.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by The Bulge »

Votecount 1.1

BlueBloodedToffee (2) -
Wolfy, Scripten
Clusk92 (0) -

Josh_B (0) -

Mr_Ree (1) -
TierShift
Scripten (1) -
BlueBloodedToffee
ShadedMelee (0) -

TierShift (1) -
Mr_Ree
vettrock (0) -

Wolfy (0) -

Not Voting -
Clusk92, Josh_B, ShadedMelee, vettrock

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline in (expired on 2014-09-06 14:41:00) (September 6).

Mod Note -
I am at camp for the week and am limited to posting in the evenings and (maybe) afternoons. Sorry for any inconvenience/overdue votecounts.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by vettrock »

Hello everyone.
I've played with Wolfy and Clusk92 before.
VOTE: Shaded
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

In post 6, TierShift wrote:VOTE: mr ree

Don't think that was random, now was it?

Is it my fault you're lucky number 7
and
scum? I mean seriously, defensive much? You're even trying to build a bs case on it not being random enough? Like we were actually going to quicklynch you because it was done randomly?

Caught scum is caught

Unvote RVS
Serious Vote: Tiershift
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by TierShift »

Dam
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03 pm

In post 35, Scripten wrote:
BBT:
I didn't realize that the comment toward Wolfy was a joke and not a threat. Didn't see the previous game you were talking about. Obviously the second mention of OMGUS was framed as a joke, but I saw it as you creating an atmosphere where you could push an easy day 1 lynch on a player. When I posted my questions, I was more incredulous than anything. I was under the impression that you were trying to normalize a later OMGUS vote disguised as something else. ("No way. I would never OMGUS vote anyone. Look at posts and ; I find it absolutely ridiculous.")

I'll admit I was slightly under pressure later on. I read your vote on me as that OMGUS vote I'd been expecting out of you.

The second OMGUS was framed as a joke because that's exactly what it was. What makes you think Mr_Ree would have been 'an easy D1 lynch'? Are you now trying to explain away your bad questioning?

In post 36, Scripten wrote:Alright, maybe a bit too paranoid. It's becoming a bit of a thing that I'm not particularly good at RVS/Day 1 stuff.

And there it is. You were offered a route out by Tier when he made the comment about newbie questions and you have jumped at it. You're also now softly admitting to mistakes you have made after my comment re:scum not wanting to look like they have made mistakes.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 38, vettrock wrote:Hello everyone.

You have no thoughts about the previous exchange whatsoever?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:00 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 42, TierShift wrote:
In post 38, vettrock wrote:Hello everyone.

You have no thoughts about the previous exchange whatsoever?

I read it and I'm not sure what to make of it so I threw something in other direction to see what develops,
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:05 am

In post 43, vettrock wrote:
I read it and I'm not sure what to make of it so I threw something in other direction to see what develops,

To see what develops...from an RVS vote...are you serious?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:05 am

I suggest you read it again and contribute something useful.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:25 am

Post by TierShift »

VOTE: vettrock
for unnecessary prolongation of RVS.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Scripten »

BBT:
Post is nothing but confirmation bias. I posted what was relevant to the exchange from my end and I'm not going to be baited into an ego contest. And if you're going to call out my reaction to your jokes, then why did you do the same thing here in post ? Actually, after sleeping on this for a night, I'm going into this more.

So, post 7...

In post 7, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Too much effort put into 'random' vote and use of 'lucky' numbers.

Let's quicklynch indeed.

VOTE: Mr Ree

Wolfy, I almost OMGUS'd you. Almost.

You claim there's too much effort put into an RVS vote, then you vote that person. This doesn't look like RVS to me, especially with the snarky explanation about "too much effort put into RVS." Either you don't put effort into an RVS vote or you made that vote seriously. Or you're a hypocrite, but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I maybe took the comment toward Wolfy too seriously. I didn't see it as sarcasm so much as a threat. My bad.

Wolfy:
Just to be sure, can you confirm that explanation, please? It's reasonable that it's a running joke, but I don't feel like taking chances.

So, basically, I voted you because of the action you took in voting Mr Ree coupled the with way you phrased that post. Sure, a joke, but if you're going to vote someone on their joke, then you should expect the same treatment in return. My questions were meant to draw attention to how you'd mentioned OMGUS in both posts you'd made more than to catch you in your answer. I've explained already how it's possible to get away with an otherwise poor vote/lynch by normalizing a game theory concept. You could have answered AND said they were poor questions, but nope, you just dodged. The fact that you dodged them made me push, because if there's one thing I've seen scum do consistently, it's dodge questions, especially ones that are easy to answer; questions that a townie would have no reason to avoid.

Again, keep in mind that I didn't realize that you had prior game experience with Wolfy or that your OMGUS thing was a running joke. I don't really do meta, and I don't know which game you are referring to anyway. You just said up and said "I'm not going to answer that." I pushed you to answer (Or even give a reason why you shouldn't answer) and you voted me here() with nothing else in the post. OMGUS, just like I had been expecting out of you, and you didn't even deign to answer why you were dodging questions. I ask AGAIN and you answer half my post here() and STILL don't either answer or explain what was wrong with my questions.

In post 23, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
So if we were both writing the same thing, at the same time...what does that tell you about the questions you asked?

Gonna have to explain this in more detail, I see. Look, up to the point where Tiershift actually posted, he could have been writing anything. He says he missed your post, but the forums stop you from posting when you get ninja'd and show you the post that ninja'd you. It would take less than a minute to type a one-sentence agreement, so there's absolutely no reason to believe that a post that short would be made without knowledge of you posting. What's even better is that post feels so fake it's not even funny. After saying he missed your answer in that earlier post, despite the fact that the forum will shove it in your face if you get ninja'd, he goes and calls you out as being a ninja in the same post. I seriously did not expect to have to explain this, but here you go. Inconsistency all the way.

So, you finally answer why the questions were poor in your eyes() while simultaneously saying how sure you are that I'm scum. Like... twice. Because wanting to have my questions answered instead of being talked down to is super scummy, amirite?

In post 29, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Pretty sure I have explained my vote on you as well. I fully expect you to get lynched when the rest of the players start the game. It's just too obvious. I don't know why my buddy Tier (who funnily enough I've never played with before) hasn't got his vote on you yet.

You should know full well that buddying has nothing to do with having known a player from a prior game.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 47, Scripten wrote:
Wolfy:
Just to be sure, can you confirm that explanation, please? It's reasonable that it's a running joke, but I don't feel like taking chances.

BBT's first newbie game (my second) I read him as solid town the whole game - he was scum.
He drew comments afterwards from the pros for exceptional 1st time scum play.
My RVS vote wasn't random - I picked him because I knew him - but it was meant as a joke.
I am taking his response in the same manner.
I am leaving my vote on him though because after last time he's going to have to work a
lot
harder to convince me he is town :D
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:43 am

You claim there's too much effort put into an RVS vote, then you vote that person. This doesn't look like RVS to me, especially with the snarky explanation about "too much effort put into RVS." Either you don't put effort into an RVS vote or you made that vote seriously. Or you're a hypocrite, but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I maybe took the comment toward Wolfy too seriously. I didn't see it as sarcasm so much as a threat. My bad.

My first vote was serious. I really thought he had put too much effort into his vote to make it appear random.

In post 47, Scripten wrote:So, basically, I voted you because of the action you took in voting Mr Ree coupled the with way you phrased that post. Sure, a joke, but if you're going to vote someone on their joke, then you should expect the same treatment in return. My questions were meant to draw attention to how you'd mentioned OMGUS in both posts you'd made more than to catch you in your answer. I've explained already how it's possible to get away with an otherwise poor vote/lynch by normalizing a game theory concept. You could have answered AND said they were poor questions, but nope, you just dodged. The fact that you dodged them made me push, because if there's one thing I've seen scum do consistently, it's dodge questions, especially ones that are easy to answer; questions that a townie would have no reason to avoid.

Again, my first vote was serious.

Your questions had no relevance to how you would work out my alignment, they were bad questions designed to make it look like you were prompting discussion and scum-hunting; not that you'd need to work out my alignment because you already know I'm town, amirite?

In post 47, Scripten wrote:Again, keep in mind that I didn't realize that you had prior game experience with Wolfy or that your OMGUS thing was a running joke. I don't really do meta, and I don't know which game you are referring to anyway. You just said up and said "I'm not going to answer that." I pushed you to answer (Or even give a reason why you shouldn't answer) and you voted me here() with nothing else in the post. OMGUS, just like I had been expecting out of you, and you didn't even deign to answer why you were dodging questions. I ask AGAIN and you answer half my post here() and STILL don't either answer or explain what was wrong with my questions.

Circular discussion about to happen up in here.

How is my vote OMGUS when I have specifically said why I voted for you? I have explained what was wrong with your questions, I have nothing more to add on this.

Side Note: You had a whole lot of fluff in that post and this discussion is going around in circles now.
In post 48, Wolfy wrote:
Wolfy:

BBT's first newbie game (my second) I read him as solid town the whole game - he was scum.
He drew comments afterwards from the pros for exceptional 1st time scum play.
My RVS vote wasn't random - I picked him because I knew him - but it was meant as a joke.
I am taking his response in the same manner.
I am leaving my vote on him though because after last time he's going to have to work a
lot
harder to convince me he is town :D

Wolfy, I would be offended if you wasn't so complimentary.

Now, move your vote onto a scum wagon please. Scripten is scum.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”