'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

Arafax wrote:
Anix - Being new to MS does not mean being new to mafia (other sites, living room mafia, etc)....So, I don't care for your argument...You as an experienced MS player knows that too....Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thought that you have, just not enough to throw a vote out IMO.
Unvote, vote Arafax

Pretty much
anything
is enough to throw a vote out on, when it's this early and we're trying to get away from the random voting stage.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:21 am

Post by HackerHuck »

The Fonz wrote:
unvote
since the random stage appears to have come to an abrupt end.

Are you serious, TCS?
The Fonz wrote:
-TinVision- wrote:I have performance anxiety what with so many people.

Unvote
vote: TinVision

Why would you get performance anxiety during the random vote phase? And why bother unvoting there?
The Fonz wrote: Pretty much
anything
is enough to throw a vote out on, when it's this early and we're trying to get away from the random voting stage.
Are we out of the random voting stage or not?

8 posts, 4 different votes, and inconsistencies. That's certainly enough for my vote.

Unvote:
Vote: The Fonz
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Ectomancer »

AniX wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:TCS: Here, this is my new invention, a sarcasm flag. You need to wave that around at the approperate time when playing with some people.
Put me down for an order of...ELEVEN!

I think if anyone seriously believes TCS was, at any point, trying to claim he was the daycop is either scum or possibly the type of person who keeps crashing their car because you keep driving on a driveway and park on a parkway. He was clearly making a joke, one that in hindsight most likely wasn't a good idea, but a clear joke nonetheless, a point made clear by the fact he said he "daycopped" someone twice in one day, and switched his random vote accordingly.
Arafax wrote:I see that we have a difference opinion when it comes to TCS and his day-cop stuff...
I agree that he is either a day-cop or being confusing
...I still think that he's a good lynch at this point...
As said, if he does come up day-cop, we have 2 scum pegged
....I'm happy with the outcome either way.

That being said, I would like to point out that the following think that it's a good idea to lynch TCS : Arafax, Sir.Lagalot, Sudo_Nym.
While these are very opposed to it : Yosarian2, MoS, Tin-Vision, Pooky....I just wanted to get that out there.

Yeah, I'm happy with my current vote.
I'm going to
vote Arafax
on the basis that while the other two on the "lynch TCS for claiming" bandwagon are relatively new and could potentially be tricked by TCS' tongue in cheek statement, your record clearly indicates you should know better than to make statements like those.

In addition to being complete tomfoolery, your statements serve only to confuse and befuddle in a game where there are newer players to confuse and befuddle. While a similar charge has been issued against TCS, it differs in both the fact his was made before the public was fully aware of Sudo and Lagg's statuses, and during a period of time where jokes and randomness is acceptable behavior. Your statement, however, was made with full knowledge of the newbies and long after jokes should be being made (with the obvious being that your statements also wouldn't be funny in any context)
I agree, it's a very good point, despite Arafax's subsequent claim that it doesn't warrant a vote.

You know, this quote made me wonder about its purpose earlier.
That being said, I would like to point out that the following think that it's a good idea to lynch TCS : Arafax, Sir.Lagalot, Sudo_Nym.
While these are very opposed to it : Yosarian2, MoS, Tin-Vision, Pooky....I just wanted to get that out there.
Then it hit me that something I look for was sitting right there. Giving new players advice on how to play is one thing, but I look for people trying to "buddy up" with them. And there it is. "Hey look Sir,Lagalot and Sudo_Nym! Im on your side, and those other guys, they aren't."

vote Arafax
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:33 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

vote Arafax

am i the only person who doesn't understand what he's talking about in his defense post earlier?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

nope.
Unvote, Vote: Arafax
His stance on this issue is worse than Sudo_Nym's.
Permanent V/LA.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

HackerHuck wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
unvote
since the random stage appears to have come to an abrupt end.

Are you serious, TCS?
The Fonz wrote:
-TinVision- wrote:I have performance anxiety what with so many people.

Unvote
vote: TinVision

Why would you get performance anxiety during the random vote phase? And why bother unvoting there?
The Fonz wrote: Pretty much
anything
Are we out of the random voting stage or not?
Well, we are NOW, apparently. I thought we were out of the random vote stage when TCS claimed daycop, but then it became apparent he was joking, which meant we weren't out of the random stage at all.

8 posts, 4 different votes, and inconsistencies. That's certainly enough for my vote.

Unvote:
Vote: The Fonz
Switching votes to whatever seems remotely scummy or unusual is the best way to get out the the random vote stage and into an issue-based discussion ASAP, which is obviously a pro-town objective. There's no inconsistency there WHATSOEVER.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Arafax »

Hello there...TCS said that he was a day cop....He is either lying or telling the truth obv...Lynch all liars is my rule...Lynch me of you'd like, but I'm happy with my vote....Not moving it atm.
Ectomancer wrote:Then it hit me that something I look for was sitting right there. Giving new players advice on how to play is one thing, but I look for people trying to "buddy up" with them. And there it is. "Hey look Sir,Lagalot and Sudo_Nym! Im on your side, and those other guys, they aren't."
I was not saying that to say "we're with eachother, I'm on your side, they're not" - I said it for all to see where we stand at this point....Don't claim that I'm saying something unless I actually say it....That may be your interpretation, but it's a bad one.

FOS Ectomancer
for misrep.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

Arafax wrote:Hello there...TCS said that he was a day cop....He is either lying or telling the truth obv...Lynch all liars is my rule...Lynch me of you'd like, but I'm happy with my vote....Not moving it atm.
There's lying, and then there's joking.
Ectomancer wrote:Then it hit me that something I look for was sitting right there. Giving new players advice on how to play is one thing, but I look for people trying to "buddy up" with them. And there it is. "Hey look Sir,Lagalot and Sudo_Nym! Im on your side, and those other guys, they aren't."
I was not saying that to say "we're with eachother, I'm on your side, they're not" - I said it for all to see where we stand at this point....Don't claim that I'm saying something unless I actually say it....That may be your interpretation, but it's a bad one.

FOS Ectomancer
for misrep.[/quote]

Well, obviously you're not going to
say
you're buddying-up. But it's far from an unreasonable thing to suspect.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:16 am

Lynch All Liars is a complete and utter fallacy, and anyone who tries to push it as an agenda deserves to be lynched.
Permanent V/LA.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:20 am

Post by The Fonz »

Lynch all liars is good, but doesn't apply here.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Arafax »

Arafax wrote:TCS said that he was a day cop....He is either lying or telling the truth obv...Lynch all liars is my rule
MoS wrote:Lynch All Liars is a complete and utter fallacy, and anyone who tries to push it as an agenda deserves to be lynched.
Wait, didn't you see that flag I was waiving???...Oh, I guess that unless it is stated otherwise, you assumed that I was being serious....Sorry about that....I was being sarcastic...Point made I'd say.

Unvote
- Emery
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i didnt find your comments that scummy, UNTIL you started backtracking.
Unvote, Vote: Arafax
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:45 am

Post by -TinVision- »

I'm confused as to what text exactly, is meant to be sarcastic in your post(s), Arafax. Care to enlighten via italicizing or some such method? I'd like to know what exactly you mean before deciding whether it's plausible or not.
Arafax wrote: I see that we have a difference opinion when it comes to TCS and his day-cop stuff...I agree that he is either a day-cop or being confusing...I still think that he's a good lynch at this point...As said, if he does come up day-cop, we have 2 scum pegged....I'm happy with the outcome either way.

Yeah, I'm happy with my current vote.
Arafax wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:TCS: Here, this is my new invention, a sarcasm flag. You need to wave that around at the approperate time when playing with some people.
Hey, check it out....They have one right here on MS : :twisted:
Or perhaps you like this one : :P
There are a few others you see...I'd prefer that if TCS was being sarcastic he would use one of these lovely icons.

Anix - Being new to MS does not mean being new to mafia (other sites, living room mafia, etc)....So, I don't care for your argument...You as an experienced MS player knows that too....Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thought that you have, just not enough to throw a vote out IMO.
lol objective morality
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:47 am

Post by -TinVision- »

EBWODP: Whoops, forgot to quote this post as well.
Arafax wrote:TCS said that he was a day cop....He is either lying or telling the truth obv...Lynch all liars is my rule
lol objective morality
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guys, this bandwagon is great and all, but today we really, really need to lynch The Fonz. He's so obveously scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:12 am

why?
Permanent V/LA.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:32 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

why not??
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 am

FoS: Pooky

Be useful, please. That was not a constructive question.
Permanent V/LA.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Man, this game is moving a lot faster than the newbie games.

Arafax seems to be digging himself in deeper and deeper, to be quite frank. Every post he makes to try and deflect away the attack looks worse than the ones that came before, though this observation was made, in a much briefer form, by at least BM, so I suppose I'm not breaking any new ground.

Lynch all liars doesn't seem like that bad an agenda, to me, so long as we can discern sarcasm from lies- why would a townie lie to other townies, when the only outcome is confusion? It seems like it would merely decrease the chances of the town pulling out a win.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Yosarian2 wrote:Guys, this bandwagon is great and all, but today we really, really need to lynch The Fonz. He's so obveously scum.
*agrees*
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Arafax »

Um, incase no one gets it, I haven't taken this game seriously yet...I mean we've been playing for a few days (RL)....It's still semi-random to me at this point...Feel free to call it digging a hole or back pedaling though.

On a serious note I do find it strange that MoS has FOS'd & voted an awful lot IMO...Is that your play style?....Vote/FOS everyone so you'll eventually get it right once?
- Emery
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

Ok well it seems that a lot of people all are saying that TCS was being sarcastic but he has jumped out of the spot light for a while which might mean he is scum, but trying to let his heat cool off.

But Arafax has just signed his lynch for me, with him trying to claim sarcasm in a statement which most defiantly isn't. I hope i am not jumping on a scum band wagon but i think he is just getting kinda sad now.
Unvote, Vote Arafax
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Does that post scream scum to anyone else?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Unvote: TheFonz, Vote: Sir.Laggalot

I wish I had two votes.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Arafax »

This is ludicrous...My whole point was that you can post something and without somehow showing that it's sarcasm, that it can be taken the entirely wrong way...I was proving a point on how TCS's statement wasn't so easily noticed as sarcasm (especially w/Mos's statement about the dumb sarcasm flag)....And now everyone is voting me for making that point....This is dumb.

I'm not claiming.
- Emery

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”