Post by Guardian »

Mod edit
Votecount:

Ryan (2): JordanA24, Guardian
Guardian (1): Jalyn

Not voting: the rest

With 16 alive it's 9 to lynch.

ryan wrote:Your vote smells of OMGUS
I stated that my vote was OMGUS when I placed it. OMGUS in and of itself isn't scummy, when there are good reasons to OMGUS...
ryan wrote:, but I'm not going to muddy up the thread with arguments and counter attacks.
I read this as you admitting that your attack on me was baseless and that you don't have any good defense of that.
ryan wrote:I feel you being happy that two townies died to be an anti town move.
Again, this diction is horrible. It isn't a move, it is an opinion. My mood about their deaths isn't scummy.
ryan wrote:If you are in a game with people you don't like, than fine that happens but it is a GAME
I like Sir T and Adel. Very much so. Yet I didn't like their play this game, and I am happy and,
surprise
, think it helps the town that if townies had to die that they are the ones dead!
ryan wrote:but when you are happy that two townies (when you yourself said you are one) are nightkilled I find that to be very telling
All I get from this is: "Oooh. Guardian prefers some players dead than others. So... he... wants.... townies.... dead! Bad bad bad!" Seriously, think about this more...
ryan wrote:it doesn't sound to me as though you want to win the game for the town, it sounds like you want the scum to win.
What!? How does it sound like that, at all? I want the town to win, and I think that considering the scum had to kill someone last night, it is great that they removed two great distractions for us.

Adel very well could have been mislynched today, and Sir T was contributing nothing positive other than his case on you, which I am now even more inclined to believe.

Ryan, you make me more and more happy with my vote on you.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:48 am

Post by ryan »

Guardian: You said you were happy two townies died!!!! Are you missing that? Is that part not registering in your head? You claim to be a townie but are happy we lost two off the town list? That is just retarded and no I'm not gonna argue anymore because that is my main point and has been my point. You are happy townies died even with you claiming to be one, it's completely stupid. You want to talk about reading a thread and paying attention, give it a try sometime and you'll see how absolutely outrageous it is to be happy members of your own team (allegedly) were nightkilled.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Xdaamno, your reasons are kinda BS, as Fonz pointed out.

You seemed to miss the part where I proved fonz wrong.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Guardian »

ryan wrote:Guardian: You said you were happy two townies died!!!! Are you missing that?
I am happy that they are dead if someone had to die tonight. With the lover mechanics of the game and both of their distraction from the town, I think it is better for the game for the pair of them to be dead than just about any other two townies.
ryan wrote:Is that part not registering in your head?
You are being very silly.
ryan wrote:You claim to be a townie but are happy we lost two off the town list?
Since we had to lose at least one townie last night, and we were going to lose lovers eventually, I am happy those two are dead. Again, I do this regardless of alignment and I think I can provide examples (though a few are ongoing :?).
ryan wrote:That is just retarded and no I'm not gonna argue anymore because that is my main point and has been my point.
Your main point is "just retarded".
ryan wrote:You are happy townies died even with you claiming to be one, it's completely stupid.
Nope, try reading my explanations.
ryan wrote:You want to talk about reading a thread and paying attention, give it a try sometime and you'll see how absolutely outrageous it is to be happy members of your own team (allegedly) were nightkilled.
Nope, not true. If Zindaras had died (and was town) I would much more disappointed thatn Adel and Sir T being dead. They both were doing very little to help the town, and Sir T was actively hurting me. I am, objectively, very happy that they are no longer alive in the game.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Xdaamno wrote:
Xdaamno, your reasons are kinda BS, as Fonz pointed out.

You seemed to miss the part where I proved fonz wrong.
You seem to have missed the part where you agreed with Fonz and turned away from the argument and were like "oh, well, we agree, but I say you are grasping at straws and you say you're clutching at evidence." I don't think you proved Fonz wrong at all...
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Adel »

bah.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Xdaamno »

You seem to have missed the part where you agreed with Fonz and turned away from the argument and were like "oh, well, we agree, but I say you are grasping at straws and you say you're clutching at evidence." I don't think you proved Fonz wrong at all...

What, that's what you think I said? I agreed that the phrase was 'clutching at straws', not 'grasping at straws', but I didn't agree about anything game-related.

That's why I don't particularly like massive games like this, you can provide arguments and it isn't going to effect the grand scheme of things.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
darko
darko
Townie
darko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:53 am

Post by darko »

This will probably be my last post in the game.
Mod, please replace me.

NabakovNabakov is hypocritical with his one wagon or another statements and fails to continue with that progression. His reluctance (or abstinence) of voting for one of his previous suspects yesterday makes me believe he is the most likely mafiate.

vote: NabakovNabakov
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Scum running away. ^^^
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Jalyn »

YB - there are
pages. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT FOR A DAMN POST!

Er. Sorry. But geez...
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

Jalyn wrote:YB - there are
pages. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT FOR A DAMN POST!

Er. Sorry. But geez...
NO U.

...Couldn't resist, and you somewhat deserve it :P.

Darko, you are playing quite well, why get replaced? I would love to hear your thoughts on this if you could spare me one last post.
Do not lynch me.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I will not condescend to address Darko's reasons for voting me.

The whole back and forth between Guardian and Ryan strikes me as odd. I mentioned the "happy townies died" bit of the post as an afterthough, Ryan seems to think it constitutes a case. On the other hand, Guardian flopped from "I didn't think Ryan was a very good lynch" to "Vote:Ryan" with very little provocation, and the way he constantly brings up how he jumped off the SSF wagon strkes me as the "I told you so" scum tactic. Because Ryan is very likely to be lynched, I think we're seeing either distancing or bussing going on here.

FOS: Ryan, Guardian
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by Guardian »

NabakovNabakov wrote:I will not condescend to address Darko's reasons for voting me.

The whole back and forth between Guardian and Ryan strikes me as odd. I mentioned the "happy townies died" bit of the post as an afterthough, Ryan seems to think it constitutes a case. On the other hand, Guardian flopped from "I didn't think Ryan was a very good lynch" to "Vote:Ryan" with very little provocation, and the way he constantly brings up how he jumped off the SSF wagon strkes me as the "I told you so" scum tactic. Because Ryan is very likely to be lynched, I think we're seeing either distancing or bussing going on here.

FOS: Ryan, Guardian
I was right about SSF, and people talk out of both sides of their mouth and say we should both look carefully at the people who voted him and simultaneously find me scummy. I know what you mean about that being a scum tactic, but I am town, I made a good read, and people are finding me scummy for other reasons AND finding people scummy for this. You can't have it both ways...

I am not affiliated at all with ryan. His post really annoyed me and struck me as completely and wholly anti-town.

How is ryan "very likely to be lynched"? I had thought he shouldn't be lynched until his recent display...

And I am very interested in darko's thoughts/reasons for voting you.

gtg for now, friend here, later (no time for preview :?).
Do not lynch me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by ryan »

NabNab: I don't know how me pointing out that Guardian being happy we lost two fellow townies is me being "wholly anti town" Guardian continues to play this game back and forth from one minute being town to another being either scum or a VI.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I don't see how what I'm doing is talking out both sides. The scum knew SSF was town, so there were two ways they could have handled that:
1) Join his bandwagon and try to get him lynched
2) Defend (or unvote) him for the "I told you so" credit

There are four scum in this game, and it's very possible they choose different options (it actually works out better for the scum if some go 1 and some go 2, because "I told you so" doesn't work if the townie doesn't die). If we refuse to look at it both ways, we could definitely miss something.

Ryan is likely to be lynched because he actually
was
the lynch for yesterday, and many people still feel the scumminess that applied then applies now.

I don't see why you would be interested to know why Darko voted me. The reasons he posted were ludacris.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

I think ryan and Guardian discussed the game last night and decided they needed to distance. Lover distancing to this extent doesn't make sense, so.... This is just an impression based on a qucik perusal of what has happened since the thread opened, but the whole interaction seems contrived to me.
FoS: ryan and Guardian

I'm supposed to be eating dinner right now. :D
Political Correctness offends me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Guardian »

NabakovNabakov wrote:I don't see how what I'm doing is talking out both sides. The scum knew SSF was town, so there were two ways they could have handled that:
1) Join his bandwagon and try to get him lynched
2) Defend (or unvote) him for the "I told you so" credit

There are four scum in this game, and it's very possible they choose different options (it actually works out better for the scum if some go 1 and some go 2, because "I told you so" doesn't work if the townie doesn't die). If we refuse to look at it both ways, we could definitely miss something.
I just don't see how it makes sense for me to get off to be a null-tell or a scum-tell, and for people who hopped on for it also to be a scum-tell.
NabakovNabakov wrote:Ryan is likely to be lynched because he actually
was
the lynch for yesterday, and many people still feel the scumminess that applied then applies now.
At the end of the day I disagreed with his lynch... Now his play is making me terribly conflicted.
NabakovNabakov wrote:I don't see why you would be interested to know why Darko voted me. The reasons he posted were ludacris.
I think darko is likely to be town. He could be scum. Either way, I'd like to know his thoughts and motives more.
Numenorean7 wrote:I think ryan and Guardian discussed the game last night and decided they needed to distance. Lover distancing to this extent doesn't make sense, so.... This is just an impression based on a qucik perusal of what has happened since the thread opened, but the whole interaction seems contrived to me.
FoS: ryan and Guardian

I'm supposed to be eating dinner right now. :D
Ok... Read more carefully and see what you come up with.

I fully intended to steer the town away from ryan today until he started spewing the badlogic that he is now...
Do not lynch me.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

If you don't understand what I'm trying to get across, I don't know how more basic I can make it. Why can't you accept a situation where seemingly polar actions can both be tells? It's like saying "I can't see how it's a tell to be too passive
and
a tell to be too aggressive."

I don't see the difference between the garbage Ryan spewed today and the garbage he spewed yesterday. But there must be some, because yesterday's garbage was forgivable, but today's is lynch-worthy.

Darko may be town, but that doesn't give his opinions weight. All that means is he's confused, not malicious.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Agree with Numenorean, the whole Ryan/Guardian thing today reeks of distancing, unless they really are both that damn stubborn (not that I'm ruling that out as a possibility). I was iffy on Guardian yesterday, but he never really made it far enough up my list to be worth worrying about. I never completely got the case on Ryan previously, but he's definitely not acting like a townie today.

The only question is which to vote for - I think I'll go with
Vote: Ryan
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by Ether »

Meh. Change of plans.
vote: Ryan

I hated deciding to back a conspiracy theory that didn't involve Jordan. I still like Xdaamno/Jordan, but...I looked through Numenorean's post after realizing my dislike for his 1315, and realized that there was more to this pairing than Zindaras's quote: he voted Ryan at deadline when it was clear he wasn't gonna get lynched, then unvoted and stayed away when the deadline was postponed and Ryan was actually in trouble.

Nabakov...eh, that one depends on Ryan's loverhood. Between Nabakov's and Numenorean's support of it and the fact that I tentatively agree with Fonz about the over-the-top deal yesterday (note to self: metagame Ryan when not one in the morning), Guardian/Ryan is somewhere in the background.

(My reasons, of course, aren't all associative. Just the interesting ones.)
Nabakov on {Erg0, Ether, Sarcastro} wrote:All of them pretty much jumped without any reasoning beyond "let's have a bandwagon/lynch."
Not quite. I clearly stated that I found Flea scummy before it was the hot thing to do; just, he wasn't the only such person. Sarc started out on a different lynch, same as me, but he had had a spat with Flea earlier and wanted to get his opinion across before the deadline hit. Of your three, Erg0 is the only person whose deadline play really bothered me, and that's for his consistent laziness, not his bandwagoning.

I'd like Sarc to post, though.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by Guardian »

Guys, like, I want to post this clearly and in one sentence:

MY ACTIONS AT DEADLINE
DID
SHOULD HAVE CAUSED RYAN TO BE LYNCHED -- HOW IN HELL DOES THIS MAKE ME ALLIED WITH HIM!?!?!?!?
Do not lynch me.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Bussing. :P

Ok, that's a fair point. Your consistency in taking up the case against Jordan again today is also noted. I probably need to rethink this a little bit, I'm getting too caught up in relying on others' opinions.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

NabakovNabakov wrote:If you don't understand what I'm trying to get across, I don't know how more basic I can make it. Why can't you accept a situation where seemingly polar actions can both be tells? It's like saying "I can't see how it's a tell to be too passive
and
a tell to be too aggressive."
I get what you are saying. Really.

But look at it from my perspective -- at the end of the day yesterday, before I unvoted and voted Jordan, who had two votes and I thought was much more likely to be scum than SSF, I had no votes on me and most everyone in their pbpas was like, "oh, Guardian is town." Now, not even despite of, but seemingly in part
because
I
correctly
unvote SSF, people find me scummy. That is incredibly frustrating for me, as it makes absolutely no sense.
NabakovNabakov wrote:I don't see the difference between the garbage Ryan spewed today and the garbage he spewed yesterday. But there must be some, because yesterday's garbage was forgivable, but today's is lynch-worthy.
Ryan seemed to be trying yesterday, and he seemed to have internally consistent reasons for voting and defending and all that. Today, he is parroting the bull levied against me -- not only is his logic horrible, he has demonstrated a complete lack of reading the thread (re: Sir T), and is finding me, the only person even considering defending him, to be likely scum. Complete and utter bull.
NabakovNabakov wrote:Darko may be town, but that doesn't give his opinions weight. All that means is he's confused, not malicious.
Or he got something right? Or he is scum and has no reasons that are more than skin deep? I don't see hearing more from darko is ever going to be detrimental.
Do not lynch me.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

Ether wrote:I hated deciding to back a conspiracy theory that didn't involve Jordan. I still like Xdaamno/Jordan, but...I looked through Numenorean's post after realizing my dislike for his 1315, and realized that there was more to this pairing than Zindaras's quote: he voted Ryan at deadline when it was clear he wasn't gonna get lynched, then unvoted and stayed away when the deadline was postponed and Ryan was actually in trouble.
Perhaps you missed this: my change of heart was based on another game, in which ryan was lynched for similar behavior and turned up town. Since that was a major part of my case against him, I didn't feel comfortable on his wagon anymore. You can look it up if you'd like: Mini 466.
Political Correctness offends me.
Sacred
Sacred
Townie
Sacred
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Sacred »

Greetings!

I've returned from my trip, 4 days later than previously planned, and would like to let you all know that I'll be getting up to speed with the thread.
However, I'll do the same with all the other games I'm in, so it will probably take some time. Good thing I'm a fast reader :)

Thanks!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”