Mini 473: Urban Dead Mafia! Barhah! (Over)

Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Post by Smashy »

ULTIMATE MORAL OF THE STORY: I'm modding a normal next to avoid causing a trillion screwups <_< I did confirm with Albert that it was him that was unNKable and you that had Scent. Guess he didn't confirm that with you or something. I dunno
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:09 am

Post by Hjallti »

By the way, was darko's way of playing something normal. It just took me so by surprized I completely misjudged day 1.
By the way both day1 and day2 lynch were basically due to very bad play, or do I see that wrong?

I was convinced that Zodiac was SK, and I think she shouldn't have killed GatorGuy, but then again I knew he wasn't scum and she didn't.

The following post made me really laugh:
At the beginning of day 2 Albert wrote: On the other hand, maybe one of the mafia was bussing darko, and the other one was silently watching in horror as his two parters were self-destructing his team. I find this the most likely scenario.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Claus »

Yeah, the secret of Mafia is not telling any lies :-)

I was also convinced of Zodiac-SK because of his reluctance to claim. And because I believed that we had an SK, I decided not to pursue your case much further. I never really believed your defense, but thought that killing the SK had priority, since after that, there would only be one Night Kill per night cycle, and that would buy the town some time.

So, while I was mistaken this time, is that sound reasoning? Hunting the SK instead of the Mafia, in order to buy time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Zodiac »

Aww.. Made the wrong choice.. It was up to me..

I feel like i didn't play very well..

And i understand that most of you thought that i was an SK because i had to kill every night, and that is usually not what vig does.

You are a Trenchcoater. There is no place in Eastonwood... hell, Malton, for these damn zombies. And hunting the zombies is your thing. If there's one thing for sure about you, it's that you're always ready to kill. And always wanting to kill. In lamen's terms, you're an Overeager Vig. Each night, you MUST send in a player's name to kill. If you don't send one in or attempt to avert from this in some way (i.e. killing a dead player or me ), a random choice will be made for you. You win when the town is safe from the zombie meance.

That's it..
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Oman »

Wow. My first comment would be: random choices always hurt the town (such as losing the cop). I suggest you send in kills from now :D
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:59 am

Post by pulsewidth »

Well played ABR. I had a hunch that something was fishy about you once the deadline was looming and you were nowhere to be found, but my inexperience caused me to look elsewhere.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 am

Post by Hjallti »

I still not sure I understand how I got away with the second day. I know d3sisted spoiled it for everyone, but at that point I seemed to be out of the spotligh already.

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:28 am

Post by Claus »

At least from my point of view, you got away because (in order of importance):

0- Scummy play by Zodiac made me think she was a SK
1- you responded well and calmly to your accusations
2- D3sisted acted like a dick.

I voted D3sisted because of his behavior, because I thought Albert's case on camisade was weaker than both my (wrong) case on Zodiac and my case on you. The rest of town was really dead, though. If you zeds didn't kill off Oman, I think he might have banded with me to lynch you on those first few pages of D2.

Also, something funny. When I fleshed out my case of you, I finished with "If you suspect someone else, make your case, I'm listening". Maybe that was my mistake, because it seems that was the cue for Albert to spin his story about Camisade. Funny how I took note that he never said who he thought was the "bussing scum" of his theory, but never got around questioning him about that, and it got lost in the shuffle.

My turn to make a question: Albert said he offed me because you thought I was "dangerous to you". Since I was the doc, should I have tried to keep a lower profile, in order to preserve my life?
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:03 am

Post by Hjallti »

I also would think at first sight a power role should keep lower profile then a vanilla. But strange enough people go metagaming and call a lower profile a scumtell. I think this is the game I did most content-talking so far in my games and I was scum, so I don't get that point. If some more games are ended I will be able to use metagaming to counter this accusitions, but it seems people see a lower profile not a power-role-tell but as a scum-tell.

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Oman »

I can't really say what I would have done (with all this knowledge) except that I would have voted who I thought was the scummiest, and Hjallti was definatly toping that list. Whether I would've been able to get you lynched is different, you defended well.

And to Claus I'd say no. Doc's are wonderful roles, but they are mostly there to protect information roles, and possibly stop NKs (but very rarely) you were more helpful to the town as a voter and a voice than as a doc.

Also remember, if you're quiet, any scum worth his salt will be pawing through your minimal posts looking for tells and will probably NK you for being lurky (and therefore likely powerrole) anyway. Also, it could draw suspicion from town, requiring claim, and meaning you're outed anyway.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by Hjallti »

In hindsight. Zodiac should have claimed I think. Albert didn't hammer her now, but could have. With a claim we had to back off. Then it was between me and camisade and I think that d3sisted (who got killed almost same way, almost same moment in Quack mafia) had to play the game. I still don't understand why he replaces, if he doesn't want to replace anyway. I might PM him to ask if I was more bold.

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Hjallti »

EBWOP: if D3sisted really went in the game I should have been lynched. And then it was ABR against town....

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Claus »

I wonder, if you were lynched, who Zodiac would have targetted, though... reminding that ABR is nightkill immune, we might have had a very similar result even if we DID lynch you.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yeah, I knew Zodiac was the SK from the tracking ability but I didn't kill him so the town would lose quicker.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:25 pm

Post by Hjallti »

... and I thought I was nightkill immune so I didn't mind attacking frontal ...

Albert or Claus,
If Zodiac would have been lynched day2 and turned out Vig, rather than SK (what I expected), should I have claimed I knew she killed gator, and given she didn't claim I was sure she was SK, to safe myself?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You shoulda claimed mason or something.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Post by Hjallti »

when claiming mason you get counterclaimed, unless you claim mason with death guys?

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by Claus »

If Zodiac were lynched D2, instead of d3sisted, then you wouldn't have died, I would be dead anyway, and we would have 2 zeds and 3 humans, instead of 3 humans and 1 zed. In other words, it would be easier for you to win in D3.

So I don"t think it mattered much your story on d3.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:42 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”