AlSleet
AlSleet
Goon
AlSleet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:30 am

Post by AlSleet »

Oh, you just made your first mistake, Brolincani. Don't tempt the Sleet.
I drink everyone's milkshake.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Thanks to MNOWAX as well, great modding.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Rishi »

My major complaint is that this should have been a Mini Theme game rather than a Mini Normal. I think the setup is too strange to qualify as a "Normal."
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

This is definitely normal. Except for the superscum, all these roles were traditional. The unproven masons really didn't help the town at all FYI. They were, if anything else, more confusing.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by PJ. »

This setup was terrible regardless of normallty. Bad town play lost this game, despite the decent scum play. 6 masons + Doc + Cop + SK + 3 vanilla scum until the Last scum garbage. Plus Mass claim broke that, town just screwed it up. I believe ACFAN being disposed the entire game won it for scum.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Guardian »

If anyone says that they would not have assumed, in either me or Khelvlaster's position, that there were two killing roles left, I flat out don't believe you. Flat out.

Whatever other problems the setup had or didn't, the scum getting a power boost to two killing roles the last night of the game just doesn't make sense.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Post by Falcone »

I can't believe we lost this game.

I think the reason for it is basically three things:

1) the set-up, which was weird and probably better suited for a theme game (alignment change, triggered abilities, unreliable results for cop and doc ...).

More importantly, this was a setup that encouraged mass claiming: once one mason claimed, it was foreseeable they all would, and that the town would go on to mass claim.

2) mnowax's replacement policy: I wouldn't have let Jenter come back in the game with another role, and it was unfortunate to replace ~N9V~ who announced to be on vacation. I don't think ~N9V~ would have made the same choice in the endgame.

3) most important reason: the town's afwul play, and I take part of the blame myself.

We had practically lost the game already after believing the SK and killing of 4 masons. Then we got the lucky double crosskill, and we still couldn't win.

We shouldn't have ended day 2 without ac1983fan having claimed. It was obvious at that point either he was scum or one of the masons was scum, and if he had claimed vanilla at that point, he would have been lynched.

And Guardian, I agree with you that the info from which you needed to make a decision was contradictory, but in those situations one must go with his reads on people and not with outguessing the mod.

There was no way Khelvaster was not a cop, because then he must have been scum with Panzerjager, which doens't make an ounce of sense. And Jenter admitted to being not a member of the town (survivor) and to lying about his role! I can't understand why you believed him over a proven cop.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Falcone wrote:I can't believe we lost this game.

I think the reason for it is basically three things:

1) the set-up, which was weird and probably better suited for a theme game (alignment change, triggered abilities, unreliable results for cop and doc ...).

More importantly, this was a setup that encouraged mass claiming: once one mason claimed, it was foreseeable they all would, and that the town would go on to mass claim.
This is wrong. The masons were unconfirmed. This implied that one mason was scum. If masons had been confirmed, I would have voted Jenter straight away in the endgame instead of pushing for a 3-way tie. I wouldn't have even considered investigating a mason n1. Unconfirmed masons did nothing for this setup--they were like townies that could talk at night. The fact that the first 5 were town made me almost sure the 6th was scum.
2) mnowax's replacement policy: I wouldn't have let Jenter come back in the game with another role, and it was unfortunate to replace ~N9V~ who announced to be on vacation. I don't think ~N9V~ would have made the same choice in the endgame.
Jenter should have felt free to come in again, since he was coming from town to scum. He gained no additional information by being town. It just meant he could post more, because he didn't have to reread the game.
3) most important reason: the town's afwul play, and I take part of the blame myself.

We had practically lost the game already after believing the SK and killing of 4 masons. Then we got the lucky double crosskill, and we still couldn't win.
Yeah, but the SK could very well have been right. He didn't know either. I thought there was a mafia mason, and the 5 other masons were just to confuse me.
We shouldn't have ended day 2 without ac1983fan having claimed. It was obvious at that point either he was scum or one of the masons was scum, and if he had claimed vanilla at that point, he would have been lynched.
He could have claimed roleblocker, like his replacement eventually did. Also, what you are saying is vacuous. There were only unconfirmed masons and ac left, plus me, the confirmed cop, you, the confirmed doc, and tar, the confirmed scum.
And Guardian, I agree with you that the info from which you needed to make a decision was contradictory, but in those situations one must go with his reads on people and not with outguessing the mod.
Then why didn't guardian vote for a 3-way tie? There was no way he could have thought he would survive if both Jenter and I were able to NK. His decision was stupid beyond belief.
There was no way Khelvaster was not a cop, because then he must have been scum with Panzerjager, which doens't make an ounce of sense. And Jenter admitted to being not a member of the town (survivor) and to lying about his role! I can't understand why you believed him over a proven cop.
Guardian's stupidity lost the game for the town. Guardian is the new Battle Mage.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:18 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”