Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:03 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Yosarian2 wrote:
CrashTextDummie wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:CTD: Ok; the only big difference between my list and yours is that you are assuming 3 field agents, while I was thinking that 1 or perhaps 2 to protect the counterintellegence agent might be enough.
Seeing as Field Agents seem to be completely transparent in their work, I don't see any reason to let players do nothing when they could fill positions there instead.
They're transparent in their work? I don't know about that, some of that "assasination" ect stuff might let the scum hurt Jack Bower if they're field agents.
I might be trying to outguess the mod here, but they're among the roles without a "don't put a terrorist in this position" warning.

But then again, the role description for Field Agents seems to be incomplete, so meh.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:08 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

uh yea sorry about that.

I kinda got bored of writing that don't put a terrorist in this position stuff.(really you can use your imagination as to why it would be bad to put a terrorist in a position)

remember you can always make someone have no position.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Spambot »

Woah, this setup is crazy complicated. I need to read the first post a couple more times, but right now I've liked what Yos has said. I want to think about it more, but I'll probably vote for Yos.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:22 am

Spambot wrote:Woah, this setup is crazy complicated. I need to read the first post a couple more times, but right now I've liked what Yos has said. I want to think about it more, but I'll probably vote for Yos.
*raises eyebrow*
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Weird post, Spambot. Looks like backseat driving; which would implicate Yos as terrorist, which I hope he isn't.

I checked this only an hour ago, and there were like 2 posts :shock:

I'll go read up on the rest soon.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Guardian »

Ok, so I read everything very carefully, and :oops:. I thought Pooky was just giving a sample vanilla PM there not saying that...

One thing that I think is definitely a good idea, that no one pointed out yet :), is that while we do want 3 guys that can decipher the crypto, the director can unassign and reassign positions at any time!!! So we only need the 3 one hour guys for one hour! So, we could have like 4 liasons doing their jobs, and then reassign 3 of them to crypto when their jobs and the person who gets the crypto's jobs are finished!

We can have them doing other roles and reassign them to crypto when the crypro role is needed. A dynamic director who assigns and reassigns roles often will be needed, also one who we can for sure trust as being non scum, imo. I don't see how having a director as scum is semi safe :?.

Also, Pooky, can people have more than one position at a time? If so, why would a director not assign himself to some of the roles? I am assuming that each person can only fill one position.

Also, no one really answered my thoughts about how having an easier to read and more likely to work with the town director is safer. I see myself, YB, UA, and possibly some other people as more likely to do that than Ctd, Yos, and Cdb.

Spambot's post was indeed odd.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:01 am

Guardian wrote:Also, no one really answered my thoughts about how having an easier to read and more likely to work with the town director is safer. I see myself, YB, UA, and possibly some other people as more likely to do that than Ctd, Yos, and Cdb.
The Director needs to know what he's doing first and formost. That's why I want an experienced player in the position. I know I'm up to it, and I know Yos and CDB are up to it, but I don't know about everyone else (I'll say that there are a number of players who are
not
up for it in my opinion though).

I find it a bit baffling that you would say yourself, YB and UA are "easier to read" than the three of us. It's even more baffling that you would say your trio is "more likely to work with the town". Care to elaborate on this?
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Spambot »

I was saying that I haven't had enough of a chance to look over the set up, but I think that what Yos has said has made the most sense. He seems to be putting a lot of thought into it and his logic has been sound. He might do the same as a terrorist, but it still reads well to me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yeah, I've noticed a few posts about my first comment on page 1 (I think), and I meant since he didn't give the townie roles out yet, I was accidently confirming myself as town; then added 'I'm kidding' so I don't cause any confusion.

Just finishing reading this, and I strongely disagree with giving the most intelligent player the lead role. I suggest we give it to the
newest/worst
, but easiest to read player, so that rather than if they were scum them manipulating us, we come to a group decision and make that player do what we want. It'll be hard for them as scum to work independantly, since they'll be a newbie. It's much safer to make this a group decision than a decision for a single guy. Scum trying to manipulate a weak leader should be rooted out by the more intelligent players here, or the group as a whole.

Similarily, I say we give the intelligent players the roles least useful to the terrorists and most useful to the town so they can't screw us over that bad if they're scum.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: And the town the most powerful/the rest of the roles, so that we'll get some of the power ones as pro-town, and the rest of the power-scum will be newbish and easy to root out.

Though I agree using the cop is a little too risky. Prehaps we could just give a single cop to the one player we feel is the most pro-town... but then they'd be 'Night' killed, assumingly. Tough situation.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote: One thing that I think is definitely a good idea, that no one pointed out yet :), is that while we do want 3 guys that can decipher the crypto, the director can unassign and reassign positions at any time!!! So we only need the 3 one hour guys for one hour! So, we could have like 4 liasons doing their jobs, and then reassign 3 of them to crypto when their jobs and the person who gets the crypto's jobs are finished!
You know that 1 hour=3 real life days, right?

Every "hour", I'd think that the two Signals Intelligence Analysts would get new info and send it to the crypto guys, and then it will take them another entire "hour" (3 real life days) to decrypt it, by which point they'll get more info.

Although the fact that the director can move people around is a good point...if the crypto guys aren't going to get any info from the signals guys until hour 2, perhaps we could start with just 1 crypto guy to get any info Jack might send us, and have a few extra liasons or whatever doing stuff during hour 1.
Also, no one really answered my thoughts about how having an easier to read and more likely to work with the town director is safer. I see myself, YB, UA, and possibly some other people as more likely to do that than Ctd, Yos, and Cdb.

Spambot's post was indeed odd.
So, your suggest is bascially that we put someone "easy to read" as director, and then just lynch them if they start to look scummy? That sounds rather iffy to me. And I'm not sure I really find yougurt easy to read anyway, I usually have an easier time reading people I've played multiple games with before.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xdaamno wrote:Yeah, I've noticed a few posts about my first comment on page 1 (I think), and I meant since he didn't give the townie roles out yet, I was accidently confirming myself as town; then added 'I'm kidding' so I don't cause any confusion.

Just finishing reading this, and I strongely disagree with giving the most intelligent player the lead role. I suggest we give it to the
newest/worst
, but easiest to read player, so that rather than if they were scum them manipulating us, we come to a group decision and make that player do what we want. It'll be hard for them as scum to work independantly, since they'll be a newbie. It's much safer to make this a group decision than a decision for a single guy. Scum trying to manipulate a weak leader should be rooted out by the more intelligent players here, or the group as a whole.

Similarily, I say we give the intelligent players the roles least useful to the terrorists and most useful to the town so they can't screw us over that bad if they're scum.
The biggest problem with that line of thinking is that if we give the "newest/worst" people all the most "important" roles, then even if they are town they're more likely to make bad decisions. This is especally true with roles like crypto and the information roles and the director role; who to investigate, when to reveal information, and who to trust with vital roles are not necessarally choices we want our "worst" players to be making.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:41 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian wrote:
Meh, Id probably be a good Deputy director, I dont want to be the head Director, too much power, and everyone will blame me if somehting goes wrong :p
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Xdaamno »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Meh, Id probably be a good Deputy director, I dont want to be the head Director, too much power, and everyone will blame me if somehting goes wrong :p
This sounds a little bit off to me. If the director dies, you're going to take that responsibility and still be blamed if anything goes wrong. The responsibilities are (almost) just as important, but they come at different times in the game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:45 am

Modnote: The Lag Time for the Liason Role means that you can't schuffle people in and out of the Liason roles while a certain action is being performed, the Liason has to be alive and be the Liason for as many hours as the lag is in order to complete an action.

Also crypto must be sent directly to the crypto guys, you can't have classified stuff just lying around waiting to be decrypted because it would be incredibly easy for a technically competent scum to change the content of the message. Messages must be transferred directly to a cryptographer.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Yeah, I've noticed a few posts about my first comment on page 1 (I think), and I meant since he didn't give the townie roles out yet, I was accidently confirming myself as town; then added 'I'm kidding' so I don't cause any confusion.

newest/worst

The biggest problem with that line of thinking is that if we give the "newest/worst" people all the most "important" roles, then even if they are town they're more likely to make bad decisions. This is especally true with roles like crypto and the information roles and the director role; who to investigate, when to reveal information, and who to trust with vital roles are not necessarally choices we want our "worst" players to be making.
We could agree that everyone should relay information EXACTLY as how they recieved it, assuming they're newbies. Scum should be easier to pick out, and if newbies were doing the gambits they'd tend to be less succesful than a pro doing it.

I'm open-minded about all this, and I'm willing to change my position at the moment, but that's how I see what we should do currently.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Modnote: The Lag Time for the Liason Role means that you can't schuffle people in and out of the Liason roles while a certain action is being performed, the Liason has to be alive and be the Liason for as many hours as the lag is in order to complete an action.

Also crypto must be sent directly to the crypto guys, you can't have classified stuff just lying around waiting to be decrypted because it would be incredibly easy for a technically competent scum to change the content of the message. Messages must be transferred directly to a cryptographer.
Hmm...ok, we might not want just 1 crypto guy on hour 1 then, or else he'll be swamped with information that might take him several hours to decode, if he dosn't get killed before he finishes decoding it all.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Can you send the message to multiple cryptographers?
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:50 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Xdaamno wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
Guardian wrote:
This sounds a little bit off to me. If the director dies, you're going to take that responsibility and still be blamed if anything goes wrong. The responsibilities are (almost) just as important, but they come at different times in the game.
True, but if you actually watch the show, the director usually ends up dead or fired. (Tony, Bill, Milo claiming to be director)
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Xdaamno »

True, but if you actually watch the show, the director usually ends up dead or fired. (Tony, Bill, Milo claiming to be director)

I don't get it... that would mean you'd be replaced into the position quickly, and you'd have the possiblity of messing up stuff earlier, which is what you're trying to avoid... or am I getting it wrong?
Cracking Idea Mafia
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:53 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Xdaamno wrote:

I don't get it... that would mean you'd be replaced into the position quickly, and you'd have the possiblity of messing up stuff earlier, which is what you're trying to avoid... or am I getting it wrong?
Uh. O.O Maybe Id be better off as a Liason or a Field Agent. :shock:
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Xdaamno »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:

Uh. O.O Maybe Id be better off as a Liason or a Field Agent. :shock:
Yeah, those guys look like Jack-Of-All-Trades, really. We'll have to review each one of those individually and see the pros and cons.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Pooky wrote:Field Agents are the bread and butter of CTU. They can be sent outside for field operations such as assassination, abduction, or planting tracking devices/bugs on high priority targets when Jack Bauer is unable to perform these duties. They may also investigate target sites, or perform bodyguard duties for members of the CTU staff.(Bodyguard duty means that if the player would've died, he instead becomes
Mod: What does he instead become?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xdaamno wrote: We could agree that everyone should relay information EXACTLY as how they recieved it, assuming they're newbies. Scum should be easier to pick out, and if newbies were doing the gambits they'd tend to be less succesful than a pro doing it.
Oh, of course. What I was talking about with the crypto guys is WHEN to reveal information; for example, if a crypto guy gets an investigative result and finds out someone's a confirmed innocent, when should he tell the town about it, that sort of thing.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:01 am

I fixed the wording on the Field Agent role for bodyguarding. It's basically a standard bodyguard function.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”