Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Glork »

And yeah, as Yos said... what doesn't make sense about the timing of my claim?

Given that ManaSpryte protected me on the night of a failed mafia kill and given that Spryte was killed last night when it was widely accepted that he was a Doc (and therefore should've recieved protection from a second Doc), do you find me likely to be Mafia?

Given the nightkill choices, my level of behavior and interaction/conflict with other players, do you find me likely to be the SK?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:16 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

unvote, vote: MBL

That has got to be the worst argument I have ever heard.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Fine, lynch me impulsively and hand the various flavors of scum the game. Hurry!

I just got back from 12 days in the desert. I'm not going to make perfect sense right off the bat after skimming what's happened. Give me some time here to read the game and see which manipulative bastard didn't REALLY believe Guardian or Huck were scum. I also want to reread people's arguments in favor of voting me to see which have even the slightest ounce of merit. I've played a VERY protown game thus far, and you guys are borderline retarded for finding me scummy. If you have the time, please clarify your cases so I can see which of them ooze pus. Thanks.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Glork »

Oooh. I like the emotional reaction. Keep doing this, MBL, while I get the popcorn. :)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Yos, have you played well this game? Sure doesn't look like it to me, but I'd like to hear where your mindset's taken you. You failed to comment on the two dead scum before they died, and I believe most everyone you've suspected has turned up dead and innocent or confirmed innocent by our possible cop. And you found me townish recently but thought it fit to choose this time to FOS me for some trivial junk?

*strokes fake beard*
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

If Glork is scum claiming cop, and he's accidentally listed the SK in his cleared innocents, he's a dead man.

If he's SK claiming cop, he may have accidentally named scum in his list of innocents, in which case he's a dead man.

I guess it kinda makes sense that Glork's actually a cop. I think you could have gotten away with breadcrumbing your results and living another day, though, buddy.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Glork »

You think I could've lived another day? Nevermind the fact that it's at least 90% that the scums tried killing me once, the night Spryte protected me?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

TCS, please explain your vote for me in the context of several things:

1) My interactions with MoS.
2) My vote for Sarcastro.
3) My behavior towards Guardian and vice-versa.

You said a few posts up that you've sucked this game, but you also said that town wins when you stay alive as a townie. I don't understand how this is possible if you suck, so please try NOT to suck. You should definitely consider placing your votes more carefully with only 10 players remaining and 3 scumbags alive. Odds are, scum could quicklynch me right now if they chose to. I'm tempted to think your carelessness is indicative of something sinister.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:12 pm

MBL: You indicated suspicion of Glork because as Cop he did not investigate a single scum.
Is that argument valid with anyone other than Glork?
If not, I don't think it's valid for Glork either. It's perfectly possible that he missed scum entirely. Were I a cop, I would have investigated Yos and Inhim.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Vote:MBL

Fos:BT

If you live the night Glork, could you check BT out possibly?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Dear tards voting for/fosing me:

Sarc and YB were neck and neck when I did a reread and decided to vote Sarc yesterday. Are any of you of the opinion that that was a bus? Keep in mind that if YB had died instead (and not as scum), there would be 3 scum alive right now out of 10 players remaining.

Also, do you really genuinely think I would be making such a fuss all game about an SK if I were the SK? Puh-lease.

TCS, did you miss the part where I said Glork-cop makes sense to me right now? I still haven't reread all the relevant posts, but an initial analysis points to feasibility. It also points to the fact that he's sucking at scumhunting (further evidenced by his vote for me :) ). Then again, there aren't that many prospects, so I suppose I need to endure and deflect the suspicions graciously at this point.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Wow, another vote with no stated reason. I may need to leave this site for good if this is the standard by which we play.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrBuddyLee wrote: I've played a VERY protown game thus far, and you guys are borderline retarded for finding me scummy.
Oh? How have you played a "very protown game" so far? Please clarify.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Yos, have you played well this game? Sure doesn't look like it to me, but I'd like to hear where your mindset's taken you.
(shrug) There was a period where i didn't really have time to keep track of the game and give it the attention it deserved or post as much as I should, and I'm not proud of that. However, that is also certanly true of you as well.
And you found me townish recently but thought it fit to choose this time to FOS me for some trivial junk?
Trivial junk? You just tried to undermine the credibility of Glork, who I think is at least 95% likely to be the cop, with some of the most scummy craplogic I've heard from an experenced player in a mafia game in a long, long time. Now, that's not enough on it's own to vote you, but it was sure as heck worth an FOS.
Also, do you really genuinely think I would be making such a fuss all game about an SK if I were the SK? Puh-lease.
Pure WIFOM, especally since you're the one making that defense. (IE: if you really think "If I was the SK would I talk about the SK" is a solid defense, then why not talk about the SK while you were the SK while being prepared to make that defense?)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Kinetic »

1. Shteven - Possible Scum
2. MrBuddyLee (MBL) - Possible SK scum
5. The Central Scrutinizer (TCS) - Innocent Cop Result
6. Coron
6. inHimshallIbe - Innocent Cop Result
9. BattleMage
9. Kinetic - Like, totally awesome
12. Glork - Cop
15. Billy Twilight - Totally suspicious.
16. Jack - Totally suspicious, I'm fairly certain he killed Zindy.
17. Yogurt Bandit - Totally was bussed like twice. Scum? Still possible.
18. Nik Zero
18. Yosarian2 - Innocent Cop Result

So yea, as I see it, going after the innocent cop results at this time is just a waste in time. For all we know the godfather isn't even among them.

That leaves:

Shteven
MBL
BT
Jack
Kinetic (Me!)
YB

Of those 6, at least two are scum, possibly up to three. And if the Godfather is among these six, and we some how nab him, then we know the last two scum are among these six.

It just makes logical sense to start narrowing down this group. I understand this, and I am IN this group.

As I see it, the three that look the most suspicious to me personally are MBL, BT, and Jack. I havn't been playing long enough to really know exactly how scummy though, so at this point I'm going to trust Glork's opinion on this matter. Sorry MBL, you're just the first one chosen...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I suppose logically if we really think MBL probably isn't mafia, he's probably not the best lynch for today; we've got better odds going for one of the people that could be SK or scum, and I agree that his sarc vote makes it less likely he's mafia. He's looked quite scummy since he's got back, and I hate to let him off the hook for that, but I'm thinking he's probably not the best lynch for today unless we think it's possible he could be a mafia who bussed Sarc.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Yos: Which is entirely possible. Glork presented evidence that ML has done just that before, many times. Glork's case pretty much has MBL dead to rights. Its much more likely he's SK, but there isn't no chance he's mafia either.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Glork »

MBL wrote:Sarc and YB were neck and neck when I did a reread and decided to vote Sarc yesterday. Are any of you of the opinion that that was a bus?
Hi, please recall Face-To-Face and then tell me that you don't try to bus and then garner credit for it and/or use it to your advantage.

Tell me, MBL. Do you have any last thoughts or requests before you die? If you really are town, it'd be worthwhile to see your entire thoughts on every player laid out before us.

Also,
FoS: Kinetic
for trying to lead me. I will investigate whomever I damned well please.

Minor FoS: Yos
for trying to dissuade an MBL lynch. Kinetic (ironically enough) summed it up well in that MBL is not only likely to be the SK, but his behavior is certainly
NOT
indicative of him being non-mafia.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Kinetic »

<-- Read most of the end of Face-to-Face because I was bored and was following random large games. I saw what MGM did (lol) and what MBL tried to do.

Didn't intend to lead you Glork, but I would like to know what you think of the remaining unknowns on the list before the night. Possibilities of BT being scum has already been shared, and your own personal crusade throughout the game on Shteven will obviously be looked over after today.

But the person I'm most interested in hearing your opinion about is Jack. I'll tell you the truth, his exchange with you earlier about Zindy (it is quoted in my resposne to BT. I saved that one because it really stuck out to me) is what had me thinking that one of the two of you were scum. Seemed quite odd to me that Zindy was instant killed before he even made a post in the game (save his joke posts with YB earlier). Was someone who knew your history with Zindy trying to silence him? Seems ironic to me that very topic came up earlier int he game.

I'm suspicious of BT mainly because of the timing of his huge attack on me. Seems like he was trying to get suspicion off of MBL why attacking someone else that could be scum. If MBL does come up mafiascum (or even Godfather, like I'm thinking now), BT seems like a possible last goon (or the godfather if MBL comes up goon).

Unless there is some sly 2nd doc, it looks very much like, even if MBL is the SK, that the mafia will be using you as their target, so I'm trying to pick your brain as much as possible before that happens.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Leaning towards Kinetic-scum at the moment. Read the post history and watch the tides shift.
Kinetic wrote:Glork's case pretty much has MBL dead to rights.
On the off chance you're town, I have to warn you that Glork's wrong about me 90% more often than he's right. He's like a clock stuck permanently on midnight, and he'll be right in three hours and again in fifteen. His metagame on me basically states, "if MBL is catching scum, he's scum," and mind you this is re: a player who's every bit as good at catching scum as Glork is. Translation: the metagame is retarded. (And Kinetic "bought it" hook line and sinker.)

Glork, you're wrong AGAIN, and I hope you'll figure it out soon if you're actually the cop. Please compare and contrast the "busing" of Sarc with the busing of anyone in Kelly's or Stoof's game.

Yos, thank you for making sense. If you're town, please remember that there aren't that many townies left who actually know how to hunt scum, and if you lynch me you'll be crippling your side badly.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Kinetic »

So, MBL is at -2 by my count. Thought I would just throw that out there so anyone who votes now notices that.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:Tell me, MBL. Do you have any last thoughts or requests before you die?
I don't plan on being lynched today, so you'll have to muster all your cocky powers of incorrectitude to pull it off. And on the off chance that you manage it, you'll have led the only two lynches of me as town, something you shouldn't particularly take pride in, seeing as how I'm so easy to read and all.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Post by Shteven »

Some thoughts:

I agree that kinetic has been sounding a bit scummy. But it's nothing I would be able to, or care to, build a case on.

We need to put MUCH less faith in Glork's innocent results. They are very nearly worthless. This is not because Glork isn't a cop; he very likely is. This is because
both the godfather and the SK are investigation immune.
If he did investigate (one of the remaining) scum, there's only a 1/3 chance that he would even know.

So I wouldn't exactly consider any of them cleared. I'm thinking TCS may be a good case I'd be willing to start again.

I also think MBL is a great case and I'd be willing to lynch him,
but not right now.
Give him a little while, at least let him reread, make a claim, etc etc. Even though at this point there is very little left to claim and unless we see masons, everyone will be claiming townie.

In summary, the town went from very strong (day 3) to very weak (now). If we aren't right today, baring some extreme cross kills, we're toast. Take it easy.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by Kinetic »

O shit... I didn't even realize that the SK was Investigation Immune...

>> Way to go with my reading...

Anyway, MBL is only at -2 right now, he has plenty of time in my opinion. This isn't the Guardian lynch, we still can learn somethings from this lynch. I don't expect the -1 vote for at least a week, maybe two.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:07 am

unvote
because Kinetic is on this wagon.