Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by Shteven »

I've been saying it all game, and it's time to get it going:
Vote: Glork

Seriously, his time should have been up long ago. Here's a gem of his from day 3:
I think that HH is very likely Mafia (prolly the last Goon), and that Guardian is the SK. I'm not sure who the Godfather is yet, but after those two are out of the way, we can figure that out.

GG, scums. You've been paragon'd.
Funny, I had HH as the ONLY cleared townie in my mind. I've mentioned I thought he was town several times, although as far as proving the "only cleared townie" part, well, you'll have to wait for my PM to LML to be revealed. I said something to the effect of "I hope and pray that HH isn't scum" ie, because I'd be completely wrong.

Glork also made some comments about guardian not providing info; ie, don't look at his lynch because you may see that I'm scum, so I'll just discount the wagon as a whole. True, it's not a very telling lynch, but let the town look at it themselves, don't tell them there's nothing there ahead of time. He's been directing, aka stifling debate all game, leading people down incorrect directions, and simply hasn't been "paragon"ing anything.

From my posts only post counts:

My post 13:
HackerHuck - You are my hero. You're either very pro-town or the best scum I've seen. I really hope I'm not wrong about this, but hey, you're town.
My post 89:
Hacker should post more, but is usually helpful when he does.
(he did start to get a bit less active than I would have liked, but never said anything that bothered me while he was here)

Compare the reads, see the result, lynch Glork. I realize this alone isn't proof, but just add it to my already strong case and let's just end this.

P.S. A mass claim is far too early and another very bad idea from Glork.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:22 am

Post by Glork »

I'm not sure how "I was right about HH, and Glork was wrong, so he must be scum" works out, Shteven. But the fact that you've launched a fresh attack based on that, right after HH dies, suggests to me that you're the one who made him die.

Instead of citing two posts where you call HH town earlier in the game, I'd like you to explain exactly why (citing posts of HH's, interactions with other players, and his behavior towards the two dead scums) you thought he was protown.

Billy wrote:That's not the point I was making. To this point in the game you have been fairly wishy washy in regards to your opinion on other players. I didn't see that with Sarc. Even when you jumped off him for a while, there was never a "maybe Sarc is, maybe he isn't, etc." feel to your posts that I got from other people you have targeted. For instance, I think you had some arguments about Albert or YB on day 1 saying something along the lines of you calculating him to be a slightly better than random chance at being scum, or the like. There was never any of this kind of give with respect to Sarc. You switched your vote to MBL, and when he voted Sarc you had a statement like "Now, there is a vote I can get behind," or the like and you went straight back to Sarc. That is what I meant by "hard-core". You never had any analysis that made me think you had a real reason to be so ready to lynch Sarc, as you obviously were.
I'm going to just kill this entire thing with a claim, since I'm growing irritated, the mafia very likely already knows who I am, and I was going to be killed this coming night anyway.

I am the town's second Cop. That is why I kept backing off of other players.
That is why, on D1, I kept hesitating to vote for TCS in spite of my opinion of his play,
That is why I backed off of inHim at the start of D2, placing him "in the exact same category" as TCS, and refused to vote for him in spite of his play.
That is why I mentioned Yos as the start of D3 as someone I wanted to look at, and then said "at most one of TCS/inHim/Yos is mafia" (because only one could be a Godfather).
Last night, I investigated HackerHuck as an innocent, so there's not really anything to gain from that.

The reason I said that even if Sarcastro hadn't been lynched that day he would have been lynched the following day is because I had already slated him for investigation. I would've gotten a guilty result on him, claimed it partway into D3, and it wouldn't have been an issue. Sarcastro was not long for this world because he was going to have me, a Cop with a guilty on him, all over his ass until he was lynched. I even said that I was certain that Sarcastro would not only be "
looked at
" but also lynched. I know it doesn't explain my behavior towards him at the time (one would think I had a guilty result on him -- I didn't), but again, all I can say is that I never got to properly articulate my case because of outside restraints.

Anyway, I've been dropping hints on my role throughout the game (such as when I mentioned playing "Good cop/bad cop" with somebody, insinuating that Guardian would be suicidal to fake-claim Cop -- because I was the cop) and so on.

For the record, of the three I investigated, I find inHim most likely to be scum. (Note how he has backed off from posting much at all lately -- I think he skipped out on all of Day Three.) I think that MBL and Shteven are most likely to be the other two scums.

Mod: Prod MrBuddyLee, inHimshallibe, YogurtBandit, and Yosarian2

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind seeing replacements for some/all of these players. You stated in the initial post that there would be staunch restrictions, and that lurking as a playstyle wouldn't fly. That seems to have fallen by the wayside.

If I'm going to get killed tonight, I'm going to raise a little hell (in a good way) before I die.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Kinetic »

<--- Figured out Glork was the cop Day 3. Kept my mouth shut about it. That's why the only group I'm unsure about is the masons.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Kinetic »

Unvote

Bleh.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Jack »

No surprises there. Although I thought you had a guilty on sarc.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Jack »

Glork, could you explain your case on MBL? I haven't seen any scummy posts from him, the only think scummy thing is his lurking but that's not a huge tell. This is the same thing I thought about sarc, so do you have some meta game thing from playing with him before?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Kinetic »

Glork wrote:The mafiates are probably among {HackerHuck, BillyTwilight, Shteven}.... could be up to one of inHim/TCS/Yos, though I find that less likely to be the case.

SK is probably among {MBL, Yos, HH, BT, inHim}.

Number of power (Cops, Docs, Vig) should be obv by now. No comment on masonry at this time.
For anyone who might not believe Glork's claim, I submit this post from Day Three for your consideration. After reading this on Day 3 I was convinced Glork WAS the cop. This was right after LLee made that quiz.

Just seemed really obvious to me personally.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Glork »

I guess I have some meta on MBL... it's actually more in-game stuff than meta.

My biggest problem is that I'm actually trying to decide if MBL makes more sense as the SK or as a Mafiate. I've seen indicators of both -- more on the SK side than the Mafia side, though.

MBL as SK:
  • He called SV's death an "odd" kill choice. I went after him for this on D1 -- it indicates an attempt to distance himself from the SK's actions by making people believe that, because MBL doesn't understand the motive for killing SV, he likely did not kill SV.
  • He asserted that the SK should be going after scummy players, and then congratulated (or at least pointed out that the SK was following him) when MoS died N2. This is odd, because MBL assumes that the SK killed MoS
    because the SK thought MoS was scum
    and therefore was following MBL's advice. It is entirely possible that the SK was hoping to hit power and "missed" and hit a scumbag instead. Yet MBL assumes that the SK had A) deduced that MoS was likely scum; and B) hit MoS
    beacuse
    he thought that MoS was scum. Now, couple that with this post, and it gives me strong incentive to believe that MBL is an SK who just decided to off MoS there and then. And for reference, here is the "good job SK" post to which I am referring.
  • The N3 death on AE is interesting. AE was definitely pointing at MBL as an SK, and then she got Chainsawed. He also openly tried to convince us not to take her word for things and describes getting a bad vibe on her, all in this post. Again, if he really thought AE was scum, her death would not only fit in with his "SK should be hunting scum" ideology, but would also serve to silence one of his harshest critics.
  • Last night's HH kill makes sense if he thought HH was scum, like I did. Unlike what Shteven claims, I think that there was a pretty decent case for HH being scum -- enough so that I was obviously willing to investigate him. Unfortunately, explaining this ahead of time means that any thoughts MBL gives on HH's death will be chock full of WIFOM. What I will point to, however, is this:
    MBL wrote:Huck: you're playing the way you criticized me for playing in Mormon2. Lurky-scummy.
    ...from his last post from yesterday. A) Hypocritical (at least in my opinion) that he calls HH lurky-scummy. B) An indicator that he finds HH scummy, and that HH subequently died.
A few other random things:
MBL wrote:Glork, if you're scum please don't NK me.
That stuck out to me. Vested interest in not being killed. When I think about it more, though, it seems less of a tell than one might think, because I doubt MBL consciously and intentionally would hint-drop SK. He would, however, want to dissuade possible mafia from killing him, though, so I don't see that as being a major issue.

MBL's fervence D1 with hunting mafia piqued me. In Kelly's "Moses in Egypt" game, he was part of one scumgroup and dedicated himself wholly to busting everyone in the other scumgroup first. I remember him telling me on AIM (after I had died in that game and guessed that he was scum) he was pretty much hellbent on finding the last werewolf. A weak meta-tell at best, but another thing that stuck out to me. MBL and I are alike in that, if we're scum in a game with two factions, we're going to do our absolute best to nail the other scum faction, because A) people think you're more likely to be protown since you're hunting scum; and B) you don't have to waste nightkills on the rival faction.

Another meta-argument for MBL-scum. In Mafia 60, I explained that MBL has a tendency as scum to stay away from the big wagons/lynches and keep his vote either nowhere or on somebody off-wagon. This post, and MBL's subsequent vote on Albert (about two RL-days later), made me wonder if he was trying to actively avoid doing the same thing here. As you can see, I had also noticed that MBL was withholding his vote. His response was to stop witholding his vote and place it on the Albert-wagon.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Glork »

Oh, and the main thing "for" MBL being a mafiate isn't really a point specifically for him. He has a tendency to bus and to try to act like a turning point against scum. His behavior towards Sarc seemed that way to me. He tried to be a turning point on both CDB and CES in Mafia 60, and it very nearly allowed him to ride to victory.

I should also point out that MBL did not make a single post yesterday. His last post in the game was his D2 vote for Sarcastro. Like I said earlier in the game, MBL has a tendency to survive when he lurks, as he freely admitted to me. I realize that he's done it both as town and as scum in the past, but it sets up a rather good front for lurking as an SK.

I'd really like to drop the SK today, because it means only one nightkill from here on out. 8 alive with 2 Mafia left is definitely something I can live (or, rather, get nightkilled) with.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Jack »

ok. I'm not a fan of the "sv is odd kill choice" type tells (could easily be applied to yos today etc but I'm sure I've seen townies do that kind of thing in the past). I also thought his talk about the sk/congratulating was too wifom to be meaningful. In conjunction with the MoS kill though, it's more suspicious, looks like mbl thought that he'd given a clue to his being the sk with that mini-fos post and wanted to counteract that. Nightkills make sense, meta is interesting
vote:MrBuddyLee

other scummies

shteven: I initially found him really scummy, but I thought he would change some of that behavior that people were criticizing if he was scum. He hasn't, but I'm having doubts about this as a way of thinking. Needs other game read.

Kinetic: haven't forgotten bm's lurking. Needs more time for a read.

Billy: I found him very convincing scum in a game we finished recently. I think he's perfectly capable of creating large, reasoned arguments as scum, in fact it seems his playstyle. His pursuit of glork is I think a mark against him.

Inhim: suspect from earlier. hasn't been posting

Yogurt bandit: Hardly posting compared to previous. The day 2 lynch of sarcastro bears looking at again.

yos2: a little too quiet, a little too reserved.

TCS: scum or townie dicking around, seems how he likes to play.

looking at mbl, shteven, and billy right now.

Will reread as I have time.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Kinetic »

I'm leaning toward voting MBL with Glork right now, but I don't really want to blindly jump into anything. 1) It reeks of lazy town, which is one of my all time pet peeves (all time meaning the two months I've been playing ont his board :P). 2) I don't want someone else to argue a point and then just jump on and say "Yea!".

I'll need a little time (24 hours?) to look over MBL for myself. I must say, I did notice a few of those things that Glork mentioned, and did put him in my notes, but I honestly thought Glork investigated him the Night between Day 2 and 3 (With Guardian protecting him and it seemed like Glork coming out of the night saying MBL couldn't be scum). I'll have to look over more things and I'll make a judgment call asap.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Glork »

Okay, in all fairness to MBL, his lack of activity yesterday was spawned by inactivity from this post in the Dantes in Fresno signup thread.

I think he still has an awful lot to answer to, though. And I'd like to hear his thoughts on yesterday regardless.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:28 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Ah, so that's why Glork was playing differently. Now I know.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:53 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Glork claime dcop.. gonna reread a little.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:48 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

So, two failed yogurt-lynches later, are we ready to go on him?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah, interesting. Yeah, that would explain Glork's playstyle, although I've pretty much had him pegged as pro-town since the investigation.

Now that we've got a claimed cop and several investigated innocents, a mason claim might be a good idea, if there are any masons. The scum already have pleanty of targets, giving them a few more won't hurt.
Glork wrote:
Mod: Prod MrBuddyLee, inHimshallibe, YogurtBandit, and Yosarian2

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind seeing replacements for some/all of these players. You stated in the initial post that there would be staunch restrictions, and that lurking as a playstyle wouldn't fly. That seems to have fallen by the wayside.
This just annoyes me though. I JUST POSTED YESTERDAY. I posted 3 times yesterday, in fact, and while I wasn't active for a period in this game, about a week ago I buckled down and got caught up on the game, and I've been one of the most active people in the game for the past week. Why the hell are you trying to get me replaced now?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Glork, for the most part I believe your claim. I think the biggest thing is the missed night kill more than anything; I knew that was a problem with my pursuit of you, but I felt your actions against Sarc outweighed what might have been explained by other coincidental issues in the night phase of the game. I never thought about the possibility that you were a cop in regards to Sarc. I assumed when you were talking about nailing Sarc for sure on D3 you meant you had some kind of concrete case against him which I just couldn't find; never entered my mind that you meant he would have been your investigation target that night. My only question is, why have you not investigated Shteven? I figured as much as you have gone back and forth on him, you would have used one of those nights to investigate him.

Your play makes a lot more sense now though, and I am feeling kinda stupid for outing a cop.

Jack, you are correct, making long, (hopefully) convincing, logical arguments against players
is
my playstyle, but I do it as both town and scum. Unfortunately, all my completed games I have been scum in; you'll have to take it on faith that that is my style as both town and scum. I think you will find though, if you bother to look, that I strive, in all of my games, to make the kinds of long analysis of a given player that I have against YB and Glork in this game, backed up with as much evidence as possible against them. The only case where that is not really true is in Clue, where things are so slow and murky that I simply haven't been able to pick apart any given player in those games, although I did have that kind of argument against MBL on Day2 of Clue 1. We lynched him, and he turned out to be a SK.

In regards to other players, I am most interested in hearing MBL's rebuttal to Glork's accusations, but I don't know if that will happen. His board presence in the games I have been in with him the last couple of weeks to a month has been pretty abysmal.

I also have to say that I am very, very nervous about Kinetic. I need a reread of Battle Mage and Kinetic's posting on day 3. Kinetics quick reversal wrt Guardian yesterday seems very forced to me, and I think we need to have a strong look at him. The way BM fought to stay in this game when he was originally replaced was fishy, especially considering he tried to lurk his way through the game.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Kinetic »

BT: I figured out Glork was very likely the cop almost as soon as I replaced into the game. If I could figure it out, its not outside the realm of possibility that I wasn't the only one.

Don't feel bad for outing him, I'm reasonably sure he planned on coming out today, especially since the Mana kill means that we have close to a 90% chance of only one doc. This adds additional credence to the fact that it seems like the mafia was closing in on Glork anyway with the no kill night 3 since Mana claimed to have protected him.

As for my reversal on Guardian, I explained that. Multiple Times. You're not the first one to pull this point out of the blue... Seems kind of... odd in my opinion. Maybe not exactly scummy, but for something that seems to me to not be that huge of a deal, for it to be noticed and commented on so long after word, in much the same way as already has been done, yet not to have read the multiple explanations and times I've addressed this... It almost seems to me like someone said "Hey, look at this. I think we should point to this if we get in trouble and get something going." Masons? Mafia? Could be either in my book, but it just seems too coincidental for my liking.

I cannot argue for or against BM's lurking. I'm not BM so I don't know what was running through his mind. And let's be completely clear here, I've yet to see what I would call "consistent" play by BM... in any game... at all. He should have been replaced the first time imo. Why he came back is beyond me. Why he was allowed back is even odder still. But I can't be expected to know the motivations behind two different people (LLee or BM) without going into WIFOM territory that even I am afraid to navigate without the high possibility of drowning.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by Glork »

Yes, Kinetic, I was basically planning on coming out at some point today. I was wavering between seeing if a wagon developed against me and just trying to take control of things right away, and obviously decided to go with the latter.

As far as why I never investigated Shteven... other people kept getting in the way. TCS was N1, before anything had happened. I actually used a dice function to choose my investigation. (The first result was actually my own number, but I didn't really want to investigate myself. :P)
inHim's behavior towards the end of D1 struck me as somebody trying to heap suspicion on me to hopefully dissuade me from getting protection. I actually thought at the time that my investigation would be mostly useless, because I figured that inHim & Co. would kill me off.
In retrospect, I wish I had investigated Shteven N3 instead of Yos2. However, as I mentioned at the start of D3, I didn't think most players (Shteven included) would bus Sarc like that, and Yos/HH/BT were the ones off-wagon that I wanted to look at. So I went with Yos because I have the most experience with him and he still seemed off to me.
Last night, I was pretty sure that HH was scum. I wasn't expecting him to get nightkilled, but I got an innocent result anyway (obviously), so that was rather moot.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Kinetic, you replaced into the game with post #1981. Shortly after you entered, Manaspryte claimed, and the fiasco with Guardian started. Before Guardian rescinded his claim, you claimed to be very suspicious of him. Of course Guardian backpedaling on his claim did nothing to assuage that suspicion, but you weren't ready to vote him yet. There are a couple of posts of interest from you during this time. First post #2015 in which you laid out your "big picture" of the game so far. In this post you voted TCS, and you used this as the reasons for your vote of him early today.

Next post of interest is post #2059, where you claim a couple of things. First, you state you are still willing to push a TCS lynch, but that if a wagon begins to form against HH you are willing to vote there as well. Also you state that you are unsure about Guardian's "unclaim", that you thought he might be an SK before his unclaim, but that you wouldn't personally push for his vote but were willing to go after him if that's "the way this day goes". I'd like to note that twice in this post you mentioned that you were willing to follow town in a lynch that you weren't going to push otherwise. To me, it feels like you are trying to gauge where the town is going to go, so you can be on that lynch. Also it feels like you are more than willing to leave Guardian in the game if we decided not to lynch him. I find this to be anti-town play. Leaving Guardian in the game with his history is something scum would want to do, as I pointed out in my posts when we were lynching Guardian.

Post #2066: You give a vote count and vote HH to "even him up with Guardian." To me this makes no sense at all. First, in your "game summary" post you barely mentioned HH, other than to say you agreed with some of his thoughts on TCS. But, as noted above, you said later you were willing to pursue a HH lynch if that is where the game went, and in #2066 you claimed that both HH and Guardian were high on your list, although you had never pointed out anything that you found suspicious about HH. As much as you had talked about Guardian, the "evening up" vote of HH doesn't make any sense... and Jack pointed it out in the next post. In post #2070 Guardian posted his "I'm drunk, weeeee, I'm town post" and shortly thereafter you changed your vote to Guardian.

I find the above occurrences to be very strange. Why the vote for HH? The unwillingness to vote for Guardian tells me two things. You wanted to make sure that going after Guardian on a LAL basis was not going to hurt you later, and you probably didn't really want to see Guardian lynched anyway, otherwise you would have voted Guardian instead of HH, who you hadn't talked about significantly in game. When Guardian posted his obnoxious drunk post you quickly jumped your vote to him. I think you saw those posts and felt Guardian was going to be the lynch, so you might as well be on it, and you also saw a way to avoid having to answer Jack's statement about switching your vote to HH.

The vote change is also inconsistent with what you are claiming now for your reason to switch to Guardian. In post #2143 you claim that "It wasn't until everything began falling into place that I realized how bad what you did really was. Yos2 and others who have more experience than I do realized it right away, and once I did the math I agreed." I am assuming that your latest post was referring to this reason for your switch on Guardian. I don't see this as being the reason you switched, there was no "convincing arguments by Yos2 and others" in between your vote of HH and vote of Guardian.

After your vote switch you were incredibly gung-ho about the Guardian lynch, and you posted a significant dialog with Guardian pointing out his bad play. It makes some sense , I guess, but considering you weren't engaging in that discussion before your vote I wonder what the motivation was. You claimed (to Guardian) at the time that you could have just said "Lynch him, LaL, yeyeyeyeyeye", but instead you were spending a lot of time trying to "explain" to him the error of his ways and help make him a better player. If you were really interested in that, why did you not do this before you voted and immediately after his "unclaim"? I get a bit of a "see how helpful I am being!" feel from these posts; kind of a buddying up to town in general.

All in all I find your treatment of the Guardian wagon to be scummy, and your play in general on day 3 to be pretty bad. I don't think your explanation of your switch wrt Guardian matches what you claim it to be, and I don't like that even though you stated several times that you thought there was a good possibility of Guardian being a SK and knowing that he lied about his doc claim, you still seemed more interested in a TCS lynch and in a HH lynch, a player you had barely analyzed at all.

Here is another, more concrete inconsistency in your play. In post #2206, you state that you
KNEW
Glork was a cop when he made his post #1985. But in post #2015, your general summary post, you
specifically state
that "Glork: Could be teamscum or SK. That being said he was rather pivotal to getting Sarcastro lynched, and with one of the doctors saying they protected him and a mafia no kill, we have too many inconsistencies." If you KNEW at the time that you made this post that Glork was a cop, why make this statement? Why mention Glork at all? You claim that HH was one person "at the top of your list", but you didn't mention him in this post. If someone who you really thought might be scum wasn't worth mentioning, why place someone in the list who you claim to know for sure was a cop, and then why put ambiguity on that person's role? I mean, I could see mentioning him and saying "I really thing Glork is pro-town because of the night kill not going through, or this and that and the other." Instead you say he could be teamscum or SK, but you just aren't sure and there are too many inconsistencies? Earlier in the post you said "Now assuming BM is town, we can suspect there are 2-3 scum on this wagon as well. Sarcastro has already been outed, so this leaves Glork, BT, TCS, and YB left (Guardian is excluded because of his low likeliness to be teamscum)." If you thought that Guardian's low likely hood of being teamscum should evict him from that list, how could you not have taken Glork off if you KNEW he was a cop? You could have easily done this without outing him: "Glork initiated the bandwagon so I don't find him scummy" or the like. All in all in this post, you seem to be leaving open the possibility of voting for him later; why would you do that if you knew he was a cop?

Either you are lying now and you had no idea that he was a cop when you made your summary post, or you
did
know he was a cop then, and didn't mind leaving suspicion on him as long as he hadn't claimed. Either way I find your play scummy, and I want a really good explanation for these events.

BTW, you still have to be held accountable for BM's play, which I found to be very strange anyway; don't think that just because you can't know his motivations for his actions means that you don't have to live up to inconsistency in his play. BM is one of the hardest players for me to get a read on, but it seems very obvious to me that he really wanted to stay in this game but simply couldn't keep up with how fast it was on day 1 and 2. I don't see BM playing that way if he was vanilla town: we already have both cops, you've stated yourself that there is probably not another doc in the game, the chances of a vig being in the game are minuscule (and I can't imagine BM not using it N1 if he was so excited about playing vig), and you have stated several times that you don't know if there are masons in the game or not, implying that you aren't a mason. If all of these are true then it leaves only 2 possible power roles left for Battle Mage to have been; unfortunately for you, both those roles are anti-town.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by Kinetic »

-.- Way to misinterpret everything here. You see, you actually made a grave error in your post. Basically, that most of my mistakes can be attributed to me having to read a 80+ page game in a little under 5 hours. My play is very inconsistent because between almost all my posts on Day 3 I was gaining a HELL of a lot of information, and for the most part I didn't exactly understand it all right away.

I'll try to walk you through it. This will take a while though because I've got to read your post then explain my reasonings and cite my own posts, and possibly posts going back over three days to explain my reasonings...

In addition I didn't exactly read the whole game in order. I was jumping around, target re-reading people I thought were suspect, and constantly trying to not lose what was going on with Day 3...

That includes what was going on with Guardian. The whole shit hit the fan while I was target re-reading Mana, and I had to start the fuck over with a new context, go back and re-read Glork and Guardian
again
, and had a bunch of other shit going on at the same time....

And I'm so annoyed that you post this so late at night >>. I don't want to leave this hanging, and I need to goto sleep. T.T

So, without further adu I'm going to attempt to just explain what was going through my head at the time of my posts and what was going on as best I can without actually finding the specific posts I was reading at the time -.-;

Here goes nothing:

BillyTwilight wrote:Kinetic, you replaced into the game with post #1981. Shortly after you entered, Manaspryte claimed, and the fiasco with Guardian started. Before Guardian rescinded his claim, you claimed to be very suspicious of him. Of course Guardian backpedaling on his claim did nothing to assuage that suspicion, but you weren't ready to vote him yet. There are a couple of posts of interest from you during this time. First post #2015 in which you laid out your "big picture" of the game so far. In this post you voted TCS, and you used this as the reasons for your vote of him early today.
Ok, sounds fine so far...
BillyTwilight wrote:Next post of interest is post #2059, where you claim a couple of things. First, you state you are still willing to push a TCS lynch, but that if a wagon begins to form against HH you are willing to vote there as well. Also you state that you are unsure about Guardian's "unclaim", that you thought he might be an SK before his unclaim, but that you wouldn't personally push for his vote but were willing to go after him if that's "the way this day goes". I'd like to note that twice in this post you mentioned that you were willing to follow town in a lynch that you weren't going to push otherwise. To me, it feels like you are trying to gauge where the town is going to go, so you can be on that lynch. Also it feels like you are more than willing to leave Guardian in the game if we decided not to lynch him. I find this to be anti-town play. Leaving Guardian in the game with his history is something scum would want to do, as I pointed out in my posts when we were lynching Guardian.
Ok, there is actually a specific reason why I started to follow the HH lynch... mainly because Glork was pushing it. It was at about this time I started to suspect that Glork might be the cop. Here are my notes. I haven't yet added anything from this day (Day 4), and the last time I added anything was near the end of Day 3:
Kinetic wrote: 0-1 Cop Glork? Would explain why he thinks there are not many power roles left.

12. Glork
I have a strong feeling he might be one of the remaining team scum
No.. He's a power role. Seems possible he's the cop.
Not a mason
Proof he might be the cop below

Glork wrote:Having re-examined inHim last night, I no longer believe that he is likely to be scum. I think I was just getting a bit to OMGUSy over his attacks on me. I still don't particularly like them, but I can kindasorta see where he was coming from. I've already put TCS in pretty much the exact same boat.
Glork is the cop!? Inhim is innocent/N2 Target.
Glork wrote:
Jack wrote:Also glork, someone in the general discussion thread said that when you are pro-town you "reek of pro-town". You don't reek of pro-town this game. hmm?
Do you need me to start linking games where people found me scummy but I was town?

I find it rather absurd that you're taking one player's opinion and using it as law to meta me. For the record, the player who said that about me was Zindaras.
1) Zindaras and I have been playing mafia together since before either of us knew what MafiaScum was. I can say with the utmost confidence that there is no other player who can get more out of my posts to get a good read on me.
2) What one player (in this case, Zindaras) believes to be pro-town is not always what another player believes to be pro-town. This statement is proven by simple observation. If everybody thought that the same things were pro-town, all of the townies would agree on every lynch. The fact that there's so much debate in each and every mafia game, even amongst protown players, is testament to the fact that no two players find the same things pro-town or scummy.
**Case in point: My assessment of Albert's play in this very game. He alleged that shameless bandwagoning was a good way of hunting scum. I told him that he was going about it all wrong, that it takes a specific eye for reactions to bandwagons to make such tactics effective, and that even then it's a very dangerous game to play.
**Further case in point: The debate regarding BM's alleged "always scumminess." Some argue that BM is responsible for his actions in each game, regardless of what the meta towards him is. BM asserted that instead of just saying "oh, he's being scummy again, let's vote him" players should be looking at what makes him scum this time around as to the scummy town that he "usually" is.

I grow tired of this charade.
Either Glork or Jack is mafiascum. Explains the immediate Zindy kill. Jack didn't want Zindy confirming Glork or Glork didn't want Zindy outing him.
If you notice here, I'm not
entirely
sure that Glork is the cop. In my opinion there are two possibilities, Glork is either cop or scum. But I'm starting to lean toward cop direction. At this point I'm re-reading Glork, Jack, HH, and Guardian; as well as completely examining the lead-up to the near Guardian lynch on D2.

Also, the reason that I wasn't so gung ho about getting Guardian, for the reason you stated: "Because he would mess up the game if he stayed." Simply, I didn't understand that position yet. If you looked further into the day, when I DID attack Guardian, I realized that. It was one of the main reasons I STAYED on the lynch. Even if Guardian was town, at that point him staying in the game hurt the town. I agreed with that point eventually, I just didn't understand it right away...
BillyTwilight wrote:Post #2066: You give a vote count and vote HH to "even him up with Guardian." To me this makes no sense at all. First, in your "game summary" post you barely mentioned HH, other than to say you agreed with some of his thoughts on TCS. But, as noted above, you said later you were willing to pursue a HH lynch if that is where the game went, and in #2066 you claimed that both HH and Guardian were high on your list, although you had never pointed out anything that you found suspicious about HH. As much as you had talked about Guardian, the "evening up" vote of HH doesn't make any sense... and Jack pointed it out in the next post. In post #2070 Guardian posted his "I'm drunk, weeeee, I'm town post" and shortly thereafter you changed your vote to Guardian.
I'm leaning further toward Glork as possible cop now. In addition, if you noticed my wrap up of why I voted Guardian: Post #2088. I was re-reading Guadian's lynch on Day 2 when he made those posts. I was literally ON THE POSTS he made when he was "drunk" the first time. I noticed him breadcrumbing the doc claim and also him pointing out the breadcrumbs. That was what finally convinced me to vote for him.
BillyTwilight wrote:I find the above occurrences to be very strange. Why the vote for HH? The unwillingness to vote for Guardian tells me two things. You wanted to make sure that going after Guardian on a LAL basis was not going to hurt you later, and you probably didn't really want to see Guardian lynched anyway, otherwise you would have voted Guardian instead of HH, who you hadn't talked about significantly in game. When Guardian posted his obnoxious drunk post you quickly jumped your vote to him. I think you saw those posts and felt Guardian was going to be the lynch, so you might as well be on it, and you also saw a way to avoid having to answer Jack's statement about switching your vote to HH.
That is just not true. I wasn't sure about Guardian yet, so I was following what I thought at the time was GlorkCop. I didn't answer Jack's question for three reasons. 1) Yes, I was re-reading then and noticed Guardian's 'interesting' reaction. By the time I noticed Jack's question I already had unvoted and voted Guardian. 2) I didn't want to explain that I thought Glork was possibly the cop, and I thought he might have a guilty on HH. 3) To Jack he has been in a game that took 1.5 months per lynch, but I was reading the entire game in one sitting... things were just moving faster for me at the time. It didn't seem odd to me that I didn't wait weeks before voting someone new.
BillyTwilight wrote:The vote change is also inconsistent with what you are claiming now for your reason to switch to Guardian. In post #2143 you claim that "It wasn't until everything began falling into place that I realized how bad what you did really was. Yos2 and others who have more experience than I do realized it right away, and once I did the math I agreed." I am assuming that your latest post was referring to this reason for your switch on Guardian. I don't see this as being the reason you switched, there was no "convincing arguments by Yos2 and others" in between your vote of HH and vote of Guardian.
I basically was saying that I didn't understand to what extant having Guardian in the game late game might really fuck up the town. It wasn't until I started understanding that, and noticing how thoroughly he thought through this claim in advance of him actually claiming that I realized he needed to be lynched.
BillyTwilight wrote:After your vote switch you were incredibly gung-ho about the Guardian lynch, and you posted a significant dialog with Guardian pointing out his bad play. It makes some sense , I guess, but considering you weren't engaging in that discussion before your vote I wonder what the motivation was. You claimed (to Guardian) at the time that you could have just said "Lynch him, LaL, yeyeyeyeyeye", but instead you were spending a lot of time trying to "explain" to him the error of his ways and help make him a better player. If you were really interested in that, why did you not do this before you voted and immediately after his "unclaim"? I get a bit of a "see how helpful I am being!" feel from these posts; kind of a buddying up to town in general.
When I started arguing with Guardian I had already decided 100% he was going to die, but I've been in more games with Guardian than anyone else on this forum. And so far in two of them I've felt really bad about lynching him >>. Yos can attest, in the first game (24 Mafia Mini, finished) I was scum, but the entire time I attacked him and picked him apart relentlessly. I really don't like being that kind of person, but at the time I felt like that was the right play, and it was. The scum won a flawless victory in that game.

Since then I had been trying to apologize to Guardian for the way I acted. Even after 24 mafia I made a funny jab at him in the Mini Theme Queue when he signed up for Ibby's game that I regretted. Ibby messaged me on aim and told me that Guardian actually took it personally, which I never intended. It was just a joke to me, and I said that in the thread after word saying that and even sent him a PM apologizing and asking him to please not drop out of Ibby's game because I was a jerk.

So now when I realized Guardian had to be lynched again, honestly I was trying to explain to him how much of a fuck up he made. I didn't think anyone else was going to at least do that for him, since he REALLY didn't understand exactly how big of a deal this was. So I wanted him to completely understand I really didn't
want
to do this, but for the betterment of the town I had to. Hell, that is among the reasons why I held my vote for as long as I did and tried to deny doing it...
BillyTwilight wrote:All in all I find your treatment of the Guardian wagon to be scummy, and your play in general on day 3 to be pretty bad. I don't think your explanation of your switch wrt Guardian matches what you claim it to be, and I don't like that even though you stated several times that you thought there was a good possibility of Guardian being a SK and knowing that he lied about his doc claim, you still seemed more interested in a TCS lynch and in a HH lynch, a player you had barely analyzed at all.
I've explained my reasons, this time maybe a little more thoroughly, but I honestly don't think I did a bad job on day 3 or when I explained myself the first time.

By the end of day 3 I felt Guardian was inevitable and was starting to look for day 4.
BillyTwilight wrote:Here is another, more concrete inconsistency in your play. In post #2206, you state that you
KNEW
Glork was a cop when he made his post #1985. But in post #2015, your general summary post, you
specifically state
that "Glork: Could be teamscum or SK. That being said he was rather pivotal to getting Sarcastro lynched, and with one of the doctors saying they protected him and a mafia no kill, we have too many inconsistencies." If you KNEW at the time that you made this post that Glork was a cop, why make this statement? Why mention Glork at all? You claim that HH was one person "at the top of your list", but you didn't mention him in this post. If someone who you really thought might be scum wasn't worth mentioning, why place someone in the list who you claim to know for sure was a cop, and then why put ambiguity on that person's role? I mean, I could see mentioning him and saying "I really thing Glork is pro-town because of the night kill not going through, or this and that and the other." Instead you say he could be teamscum or SK, but you just aren't sure and there are too many inconsistencies? Earlier in the post you said "Now assuming BM is town, we can suspect there are 2-3 scum on this wagon as well. Sarcastro has already been outed, so this leaves Glork, BT, TCS, and YB left (Guardian is excluded because of his low likeliness to be teamscum)." If you thought that Guardian's low likely hood of being teamscum should evict him from that list, how could you not have taken Glork off if you KNEW he was a cop? You could have easily done this without outing him: "Glork initiated the bandwagon so I don't find him scummy" or the like. All in all in this post, you seem to be leaving open the possibility of voting for him later; why would you do that if you knew he was a cop?

Either you are lying now and you had no idea that he was a cop when you made your summary post, or you
did
know he was a cop then, and didn't mind leaving suspicion on him as long as he hadn't claimed. Either way I find your play scummy, and I want a really good explanation for these events.
Because I wasn't sure yet... Read above, those are my actual notes. Explains this "inconsistency" consistently. I wasn't
sure
Glork was cop until Mana came up dead. As soon as that happened I did this equation in my head:

Mana is the only doc. Glork was the scum target N2. Guardian wasn't the scum target because there is no 2nd doc. Glork cannot be mafia. Glork must be cop.

Perfectly consistent actually.

I'll admit, I was already
leaning
toward the Glork as a cop before this, but I was trying to force myself to remember he could also be mafia.
BillyTwilight wrote:BTW, you still have to be held accountable for BM's play, which I found to be very strange anyway; don't think that just because you can't know his motivations for his actions means that you don't have to live up to inconsistency in his play. BM is one of the hardest players for me to get a read on, but it seems very obvious to me that he really wanted to stay in this game but simply couldn't keep up with how fast it was on day 1 and 2. I don't see BM playing that way if he was vanilla town: we already have both cops, you've stated yourself that there is probably not another doc in the game, the chances of a vig being in the game are minuscule (and I can't imagine BM not using it N1 if he was so excited about playing vig), and you have stated several times that you don't know if there are masons in the game or not, implying that you aren't a mason. If all of these are true then it leaves only 2 possible power roles left for Battle Mage to have been; unfortunately for you, both those roles are anti-town.
Or... BM was a vanilla townie that didn't find this game very important because he wasn't a power role. He neglected it and didn't want to constantly catch up since it was moving so fast. The first time he was replaced he was annoyed/hurt, and decided to try and get back involved. He failed, and didn't try and stop being replaced the second time.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Shteven »

I'm also going to have to reread these last two pages, it's a bit late to pour over them for now (the kinetic/BT stuff; I read Glork's posts). But I do want to respond to Glork's claim:

Unvote.

I mean, I can't be certain, there's no proof, but there's a lot of supporting evidence here.

Let's throw up the player list:

Group 1: Innocents.
TCS - Innocent result, possible Godfather.
Inhim - Innocent result, possible Godfather.
Yos - Innocent result, possible Godfather.

Group 2: No Results:
Shteven
MBL
Kinetic
BillyTwilight
Jack
Yogurt Bandit

Glork - Claimed cop.

So then there would be 0 or 1 scum in group 1, and 1 or 2 scum in group 2. SK would have to be in group 2.

If he's telling the truth, that's a lot of information. I believe the claim, but after all the back and forth over these days, it's a bit hard to swallow. Especially with him not investigating me...That would have made quite a bit more sense!

Of course, this just supports the TCS is the god father wagon, but hey. I'll lay off that one for now.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:29 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Hi.

Not sure the Glork claim was necessary--which makes me wonder if it's a calculated gamble by scum. I was leaning towards answering LML's question "nope, no cop in this game" so I don't see why Glork was so sure he was dying soon. Worst case scenario there's another cop and Glork has to tapdance a little. And why did the Paragon investigate three innocent players as cop? You'd figure he's a better scumhunter than that...

The votes on me are particularly terrible. I suggest you all go back and examine their foundations. Particularly in light of my relationships with the many many deceased in this game.

I skimmed to catch up--please don't expect this post to cover nuances. I'm sure I missed some things here and there, but I think this is my only game remaining, and I'm sure to catch up quickly.

ps. You guys raced to lynch Guardian yesterday--I was gone for ten days and you already strung someone up. Lame. Some of you didn't particularly care about EVERYONE's opinion on the situation, which would have been a tool you could have used to track scum. Those who didn't evaluate EVERYONE are suspiciously incurious. Take your time and find the three dirtbags, please.

pps. Lynching either SK or mafia would be delicious at this point. Our numbers are dwindling and I no longer consider the SK our friend. (Even though he went after a significantly possible scum last night.)
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Hi.

Not sure the Glork claim was necessary--which makes me wonder if it's a calculated gamble by scum. I was leaning towards answering LML's question "nope, no cop in this game" so I don't see why Glork was so sure he was dying soon. Worst case scenario there's another cop and Glork has to tapdance a little. And why did the Paragon investigate three innocent players as cop? You'd figure he's a better scumhunter than that...
The timing of Glork's claim make perfect sense to me. If I had 3 innocent results out of 10 players, and expected to soon be killed by scum (which, due to manasprite's claim of having protected him, seems very likely now that doc is dead) I'd certanly claim first rather then risk dying with that much info.

And, btw, I freaking hate the "he's the Paragon, why hasn't he found scum yet" comment.
fos:MBL
for that piece of craplogic.

ps. You guys raced to lynch Guardian yesterday--I was gone for ten days and you already strung someone up. Lame. Some of you didn't particularly care about EVERYONE's opinion on the situation, which would have been a tool you could have used to track scum. Those who didn't evaluate EVERYONE are suspiciously incurious. Take your time and find the three dirtbags, please.
Wait...you were gone for TEN DAYS, and you were annoyed that something happened in your absense? That's absurd. There's no reason for any mafia day to ever take more then 2-3 weeks in the first place, and dragging our feet until every single person in the game has weighed in would just kill the momentum of the game and lower the amount of interest in the game, the particiatpaiton, and therefore the town's chances of winning.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Glork »

MBL wrote:And why did the Paragon investigate three innocent players as cop? You'd figure he's a better scumhunter than that...
A) This does not account for the possiblity of me having investigated the Godfather and/or the SK.
B) This is a classic example of Burden of Proficiency. Recently, Pooky made almost the exact same assertion ("You'd think that Glork would do better than one guilty in the first three nights!") as scum against me.

Not doing yourself any favors here.

I'm quite happy with my vote, really, especially after that response from MBL.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”