IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by IH »

I mainly think if you were calling his bluff instead of wanting me to get lynched, you would have voted me a little earlier than around 24 hours to deadline or less.

In case that didn't come across.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by Simenon »

- If there is a tie at deadline, one will die. This depends on random circumstances, my mood, my personal opinon for this player, the weather, etc.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count

Guardian (3)- Elias_the_theif, TonyMoonshine, IH
Setael (2)- VitaminR, Skruffs
IH (2)- Setael, Guardian

Deadline- September 19

I advise you get your last posts/thoughts in.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Setael »

IH wrote:I mainly think if you were calling his bluff instead of wanting me to get lynched, you would have voted me a little earlier than around 24 hours to deadline or less.
I was forced to move my vote or get lynched, so I opted to kill two birds with one stone - see if Vitr was full of it when he said he'd vote IH, and avoid a mislynch by taking myself off the chopping block.

Evidently Vitr isn't going to check in in time (that or he's avoiding posting) and at this point it wouldn't even matter if he did. So I'm putting my vote back where it belongs.

Unvote; vote Tony
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Guardian »

unvote vote Setael

IH would have been 100x better. And still IS 100x better.
FOS: VitaminR
. If you didn't happen to check in that is really unfortunate.... but it makes me think you are full of it.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Setael »

Looks like it's up to you, Thok.

If you choose to vote for me, at least give a decent reason. None of the 3 who have their vote on me so far have bothered to do so.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Thok »

Setael wrote:Looks like it's up to you, Thok.

If you choose to vote for me, at least give a decent reason. None of the 3 who have their vote on me so far have bothered to do so.
Is there a reason you prefer to have me choose between you and Guardian, when you could move your vote and save yourself?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

Thok, is there a reason YOU didn't take the chance she gave you and voted yourself???

You have an opportunity to take a stand, why not do so, and THEN ask why she didn't?

Don't want to be guilty for a mislynch?
FOS: Thok

I too don't get why Setael wouldn't vote though. My vote remains on her, obviously.
Do not lynch me.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Guardian, thok asked a legitimate question. I would like to see it answered before deadline.
I play the games rul gud.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Guardian »

Me too -- he ALSO had an opportunity to make a deciding vote, and
didn't

Thok (if scum) would much rather Setael voted and he didn't have a hand in deciding who was lynched.

His question was legitimate, but his action in NOT voting was NOT legitimate.
Do not lynch me.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Thok »

Given that I don't know how deadline ties work, I don't actually know that my vote would resolve the issue.

I'd also like to hear her explanation for the issue, as it might influence my vote.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by Thok »

Also, there's a nontrivial chance that I'm being offered a fake choice here. (It's quite plausible to me that you two could have the same alignment.)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by Setael »

Vitr has already "conveniently" avoided weighing in at all, and therefore escaped any responsibility for a mislynch. This close to the deadline, I refuse to believe he has not checked the thread. I think it will be more informative for the Town to make Thok choose. Why should I let you slide through a deadline like Vitr has, with the choice made for you, free and clear of all blame?

I was also hoping to be able to check back and change my vote depending on what Thok did. Why vote before him when it frees him of all responsibility? Instead of voting, he smoothly avoided it. I don't even know who I think is scum anymore - every last one of you seem scummy. With the votes the way they stand we're almost guaranteed to go into lylo tomorrow with all 3 scum still alive.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Thok »

Taking a look at his post via the profile, it appears that VitR hasn't posted anywhere on mafiascum since this morning (over 12 hours ago) and before you moved your vote to IH. IMHO, it is fairly likely thathe hasn't seen the thread while the whole you and Guardian voting IH thing was happening.

Setael, I decided to take a look at some of the other games you replaced into. Obviously, those are mostly still active, and not really discussable, but I noticed that this game was the only one where you started by focusing specifically on one person and started posting your thoughts before actually fully reading.

I also believed you failed the "why aren't you voting Guardian" test. Proper answers include "I think Guardian is town, and don't want to vote him", not "I'm trying to set up a trap for Thok and maybe do stuff at the last minute if something interesting happens, while tossing suspicion onto VitR".

vote Setael
TonyMoonshine
TonyMoonshine
Goon
TonyMoonshine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by TonyMoonshine »

Setael, besides myself who do you think are scum? Maybe you have already posted this, but there has been a lot of vote jumping and I want you to be clear on this. I ask because you are about to be lynched and the information will be helpful for tomorrow.

My vote stands.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:24 am

Post by IH »

LFR wrote:- If there is a tie at deadline, one will die. This depends on random circumstances,
my mood, my personal opinon for this player
, the weather, etc.
Glad you're not CPE or else I'd die and wouldn't even be somebody tied XD
GUardian wrote:unvote vote Setael

IH would have been 100x better. And still IS 100x better. FOS: VitaminR. If you didn't happen to check in that is really unfortunate.... but it makes me think you are full of it.
This actually means you're the top candidate at the moment. Also, now that you were the only one on me, why didn't you move your vote again, instead of trying to sit on me.

Like every other day?
Guardian wrote:Me too -- he ALSO had an opportunity to make a deciding vote, and didn't.

Thok (if scum) would much rather Setael voted and he didn't have a hand in deciding who was lynched.

His question was legitimate, but his action in NOT voting was NOT legitimate.
Confirm Vote:Guardian

YOU ALSO HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE A DECIDING VOTE. AROUND 5 POSTS SINCE SETAEL UNVOTED ME
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Setael »

Setael at 3:17 p.m. wrote:I think both Guardian and IH are Town
It is getting incredibly aggravating that people aren't paying attention to the thread and then posting as if they are. Thok evidently missed this statement, so I guess I should have repeated myself even though it was only a few hours later. Tony hasn't bothered to read all my posts where I clearly outlined who I think is scum. Vitr doesn't even bother to check the thread at deadline, and Elias and Skruffs are both barely paying attention.

@Thok: Either you lied about reading my other games or you lied about the way I posted when replacing in, because what you said was utterly false. All the ones I replaced into were somewhere between 10-20 pages long when I replaced in, which makes it a lot easier to read the entire thread before posting. And besides that, looking over my first posts - they're all pretty similar. By the end of the read, there's always one person I feel strongest about and I end up focusing on them. I post about my other suspicions as well (like I did here) but mainly about the one that sticks out the most. And as I'm sure you're aware, I've got to be Town in SOME of my games, right? Maybe this isn't the best way to replace into a game, but regardless it's been the same in all my games which makes what you said a lie. I do have to wonder about your motivations for saying something like that so close to the deadline. I guess you're thinking there's not time for people to check for themselves? Maybe you hoped there wasn't time for me to point out that it wasn't true before I tied? You definitely seem to be trying to make sure I'm the one that goes.

Regardless, it seems a mislynch is inevitable so I may as well make Simenon choose between a tie.
Unvote; vote Guardian

To clarify for Tony since he can't be arsed to read back entries, my top scums are Skruffs and Tony with Vitr and Thok now fighting pretty hard for third place. I'm still suspicious of Elias, but he's so inactive that he's dropping off my stream of consciousness.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Thok »

@Setael-one of the games I looked at was Egypt Mafia, which was 37 pages long when you replaced in. There you didn't just focus on one person, but mentioned about 5-6 people you were suspicious of. And it was clear that you fully read the thread before posting, as opposed to just focusing on me before looking over everything. And I felt that your arguments were a lot simpler and direct than the ones you posted against me.

More generally, those differences I've mentioned above are something I noticed as a general pattern. The reason I feel it is a scum tell here, is that it seems likely that you are town in some of the other games that you joined.

As for the test, I know that you have said that you thought Guardian was protown. My point is that your comments in 1562 don't really match up with that belief.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:57 am

Post by IH »

Thok, I think that you're trying to force a meta on Setael when there really isn't one....

Think Luckay Luck style logic, except not as reaching.

I just don't think we can gather anything conclusive if she isn't dead in any games she's replaced in. And even then, more than one.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Setael »

I had forgotten the Egypt thread was that long when I replaced in - still a far cry from 55 pages. At the time I joined it I was in very few games so I had more time to devote to reading it. Regardless, IH is right - you don't know my alignment in the Egypt game, or in any of my games so it's invalid to bring it up anyway. I think you just realize that the case on me is threadbare and you're trying to come up with some kind of semi-valid argument so that when I come up Town you won't look like you voted me for absolutely no reason.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Guardian »

IH wrote:
Confirm Vote:Guardian

YOU ALSO HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE A DECIDING VOTE. AROUND 5 POSTS SINCE SETAEL UNVOTED ME
AND I DID MAKE THAT DECIDING VOTE SO STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU ARE READING THE THREAD WHEN YOU REALLY AREN'T AND TRYING TO USE THAT TO BUILD A CASE ON ME THX, YOU ARE SCUM, IF SETAEL IS YOUR BUDDY WE'RE REALLY LUCKY.
Do not lynch me.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count
Guardian (3)- Elias_the_theif, TonyMoonshine, IH
Setael (4) VitaminR, Skruffs, Guardian, Thok
TonyMoonshine (1)- Setael

Setael is lynched. He is a mafia goon, or otherwise known as "scum".

It is now day six. With seven alive, it's four to lynch.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:36 am

Post by VitaminR »

Woo!

Finally.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:39 am

Post by VitaminR »

Guardian wrote:
unvote vote Setael

IH would have been 100x better. And still IS 100x better.
FOS: VitaminR
. If you didn't happen to check in that is really unfortunate.... but it makes me think you are full of it.
To be honest, I did check the thread, but I chickened out (I really was torn) and figured I'd have time to check in again anyway before the deadline.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

<3 VitaminR
Vote : VitaminR

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”