Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i was halfway through a reread when i noticed SPAG was playing. is he still here or did NAR replace him?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Aimee »

Yes, he was replaced by NAR.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

dang i wanted to play a game with him aswell. :x
anyway ill get back to you with my thoughts in a bit.
BM

Aimee wrote:Yes, he was replaced by NAR.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

John wrote: Even with all this suspicion, i dont know if i really think he is scum. i think scum would think alot more about what they would say.
This is pretty WIFOM. if we expect scum to act a certain way, theyll just act another. scum could easily play without caution, then say, "wouldnt i have been more careful if i was scum?"

In my opinion, every player should play equally careful, because misinterpretations and mistakes can incriminate town as easily as scum. so i dont think this clears NAR at all.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Simenon »

now_a_ranger has decided to get replaced (don't worry, it's at a convenient and managable time) because this game doesn't interest him anymore, which is grand, because it forces me to get yet another replacement and drops the number of people playing this game to about four.

Therefore, while a search for a replacement, I'd like everybody playing in the game to pm me to say if they still want to play. If there isn't enough, I'll call the game off.

Posting in the game should do it.
Also: deadline possible.
Last edited by Simenon on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:30 pm

i think that NAR is just quitting because he didnt want to get lynched...oh well.
I play the games rul gud.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Romanus »

I'm still around and will catch up and post sometime this weekend, if not tonight
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Occult »

Simenon wrote:now_a_ranger has decided to get replaced
Didn't see that coming...
I'll be here.

*Waits to attack NAR's replacement*
TonyMoonshine
TonyMoonshine
Goon
TonyMoonshine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by TonyMoonshine »

ok, so players register to play or replace, then become bored with the game and just drop out? does anyone else think this is not good?
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by mustafa15 »

I think we should give NaR's replacement a clean slate, I think NaR might have just been messing with us.
I'm back
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

great. he was the guy who asked me to replace into this game in the first place, because he was worried about people dropping out. oh the irony.
still, im happy to continue playing as long as activity picks up. cold you also ask SPAG if he wants to replace back? he went through an inactive period, but hes back and playing again now.
otherwise, ill ask him to pm you.
BM

Simenon wrote:now_a_ranger has decided to get replaced (don't worry, it's at a convenient and managable time) because this game doesn't interest him anymore, which is grand, because it forces me to get yet another replacement and drops the number of people playing this game to about four.

Therefore, while a search for a replacement, I'd like everybody playing in the game to pm me to say if they still want to play. If there isn't enough, I'll call the game off.

Posting in the game should do it.
Also: deadline possible.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:16 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Here. Post later.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I don’t like IH’s post 31, as it looks like he is just going along with VR-something I wouldn’t expect protown IH to do. In fact I also agree with what VR said, but I didn’t like IH’s tone which sounded rather like “yeah whatever you say VR”. On the other hand, his post 34 is informative and helpful. He hasn’t posted a great deal, although I expect some posts of his were lost.

Drainbead’s question in post 45 is alarming to say the least. It wreaks of scum trying to test the water in an unknown style of game.

Didn’t like Aimee’s post 48. she was just repeating what had previously been said, in an attempt to make it look like she was doing something useful. On the other hand, she is the first person I have seen to do a detailed analysis of the players.

Occults post 62 is probably the scummiest so far in the game. It sounds like genuine consolation to his scumbuddy John. I cant really see any other reason why he would be sympathetic to someone who is easy to catch as scum. Those are the BEST type of people imo. 

Obviously ive missed a fair bit, especially concerning NAR, but from what I have read, I’m not convinced he is scum.

Finally, Mustafa’s post 109 is rather odd. If he thought NAR was scum, he would obviously pressure NAR’s replacement. A different person, but the same role pm.
Strange that he didn’t mention this.

Well those are my thoughts. ill start with a
Vote: Occult
. I think its quite possible that him and John are a scumpair.
Mod: a Votecount would also be nice
:)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:13 am

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count
DrainBead- Romanus
Battle Mage-, mustafa15
Elias_the_theif- John
Mustafa15- VitaminR
Occult- IH, Battle Mage
NAR’s replacement- Occult, Elias_the_theif
SEND THE VECTOIDS
TonyMoonshine
TonyMoonshine
Goon
TonyMoonshine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:31 am

Post by TonyMoonshine »

I know we lost some days because of the forum crash, but I had a early vote for John that I can't find now. Did we lose some random posts also?
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:17 am

Post by John »

I had just unvoted in an earlyer post.

Just to make everything clear, i think we should have wipe the slate clean, have no votes then move from there, i think some votes got lost.
I'm not who you think I am. Unless you guess right. Then you know who I am.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:26 am

mustafa15 wrote:I think we should give NaR's replacement a clean slate, I think NaR might have just been messing with us.
I dont like this post. NAR was scummy, and I dont think he was messing with us. If he was just messing with us he wouldnt of replaced out (I know, ive played in game where he just messes with players).
So yeah, I still think NAR was scum, so theres no reason that his replacement should get to be cleared. I think that perhaps you posted this because you were NAR's scumbuddy. its feasible, youre one of the few players that he didnt vote day 1.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Simenon »

IH prodded
SEND THE VECTOIDS
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:50 am

Post by VitaminR »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
mustafa15 wrote:I think we should give NaR's replacement a clean slate, I think NaR might have just been messing with us.
I dont like this post. NAR was scummy, and I dont think he was messing with us. If he was just messing with us he wouldnt of replaced out (I know, ive played in game where he just messes with players).
So yeah, I still think NAR was scum, so theres no reason that his replacement should get to be cleared. I think that perhaps you posted this because you were NAR's scumbuddy. its feasible, youre one of the few players that he didnt vote day 1.
I really like mustafa's post. now a ranger has a record of being unreliable, irrational and generally trying to screw over the town.

Also, the people who votehop blatantly are not necessarily scum. Moving your vote freely is somewhat advantageous to scum, but if that is quickly lost if you do it too openly. No one is going to join you in your vote and people will suspect you for it.

I don't like the jump on now a ranger at all.

I'm going to vote Occult. He seems incredibly content to push an easy now a ranger wagon, but when it came to the John wagon early on (which had a substantial amount of content for an early wagon) he was very cautious and quick to point out the danger of quicklynching.

I feel you're applying a double standard and I don't like how you're already primed to attack now a ranger's replacement.

I think John and Occult are scum and I would really like to see one of them dead today.

Unvote: John,
Vote: Occult
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:41 am

Vitamin, three things:

1) Ive played in several games with NAR, and I'm used to his style. It seems to me he was trying to play this game seriously. Plus he was close to being banned for his previous behavior, so he has to keep pretty much in line. So i think he not just messing with us. (he probably wouldve claimed something wierd if he was messing with us, rather than ask for a replacement, from my experience with him). In addition, I think asking for a replacement when there's a lot of pressure on you is suspicious on its own.

2) His votehopping was not the only thing that made him suspicious. After his votehopping he lied about my play, and then tried to build a case against me based on his own lies. He went as far as to vote me. If thats not scummy, I dont know what is.

3) I never said that we should immediately jump on NAR. But I find it suspicious that Mustafa thinks we should completely disregard the behavior of NAR, as it does provide us insight unto his role, and obviously the role of his replacement.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:59 am

Post by VitaminR »

Elias_the_thief wrote:1) Ive played in several games with NAR, and I'm used to his style. It seems to me he was trying to play this game seriously. Plus he was close to being banned for his previous behavior, so he has to keep pretty much in line. So i think he not just messing with us. (he probably wouldve claimed something wierd if he was messing with us, rather than ask for a replacement, from my experience with him).
He is still a rather... unconventional player.
Elias_the_thief wrote:In addition, I think asking for a replacement when there's a lot of pressure on you is suspicious on its own.
I don't think now a ranger is that obvious.
Elias_the_thief wrote:2) His votehopping was not the only thing that made him suspicious. After his votehopping he lied about my play, and then tried to build a case against me based on his own lies. He went as far as to vote me. If thats not scummy, I dont know what is.
Having bad reasons for a vote is not necessarily indicative of scum, but I'd like to hear more about this. I missed it at the time. Could you outline what happened?
Elias_the_thief wrote:3) I never said that we should immediately jump on NAR. But I find it suspicious that Mustafa thinks we should completely disregard the behavior of NAR, as it does provide us insight unto his role, and obviously the role of his replacement.
If nar and mustafa are scum together, I doubt mustafa would have been that obvious. It makes me inclined to think of mustafa as town, for limiting the reasons he can use to justify his votes.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:08 pm

ok. ill agree with you that NAR is a very unconventional player.

basically what happened between me and NAR was that :

I came back from vacation, and gave my opinions on Blahgo and John. I also called his votehopping suspicious.
He responded by saying that i was suspicious for suddenly coming into the game and for copying everyones opinions
I informed him that my opinions on him for completely new ones that I brought up, and that agreeing with the opinions of others does not make you suspicious to begin with.
He insists that I am copying everyones opinions and that this is a scumtell. He foses me, and urges the town to vote for me.
I fos him because he is trying to build a case against me based on his own lies.
He votes for me for no apparent reason.
I vote for him based on 6 reasons, (in a post that was lost in the crash, but Aimee can vouch for me that i did) including his indecisiveness, his votehopping, his lying (lynch all liars), and then his attempts to lynch me based on nothing but lies.
After the crash he claims he has lost interest in the game and requests replacement.

And as to the last point of yours, that totally WIFOM, because if we expect scum to not be obvious, theyll just act obv in their intentions. Arguments should never be based on what you would do if you were scum.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by VitaminR »

That reads more like stupidity than scumminess. I'll grant you that it is somewhat scummy, but it is not the hard evidence that I would need to justify the fervour behind this wagon.
Elias_the_thief wrote:And as to the last point of yours, that totally WIFOM, because if we expect scum to not be obvious, theyll just act obv in their intentions. Arguments should never be based on what you would do if you were scum.
It may be WIFOM, but, in my experience, it is accurate. Scum just don't generally behave in obvious ways and on the rare occasions that they do, it shows.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:51 pm

well, we must also remember that Mustafa is fairly new to mafia, and may not know what obvious scum behavior is. But obviously im not planning to lynch mustafa off of that little thing, i was just informing the town of my suspicions.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I know, but I've played with mustafa before (as his scumbuddy) and his behaviour is very different now. It's much more level-headed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”