not voting
      • ac1983fan
      • Elias_the_thief
      • spectrumvoid
  • Lynch:
    6 votes
  • Deadline:
    SUN 05/13/07 08:00 GMT
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 2:01 am

Post by MeMe »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:how is that relevant?

do you think i knew that at the time?
Since it's been in the rules post since the beginning and since I (and Javert & kilmenator & maybe others -- I'm not sure) talked about it, you certainly
should
have.

If your role is truly doctor and you didn't bother to find out what the deadline rules were before you claimed, you should admit that you acted in negligence and quit pretending that everyone ELSE is to blame for not understanding why you did it.

Now. Can we move on?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 2:25 am

Post by ac1983fan »

vote:nolynch

at the moment, it seems like no lynch may be the best option. with the deadline fast approaching, we have very little information to work on. It doesn't help that I need to get a grade in a class FROM AN F To at least an b- by tomorrow, so I can't be on here to see any additional developements.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 2:27 am

Post by MeMe »

Cool.

unvote: Ancalagon
vote: ac1983fan
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:28 am

Post by ac1983fan »

WTH?
Not a dayvig.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:53 am

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

MeMe wrote:
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:how is that relevant?

do you think i knew that at the time?
Since it's been in the rules post since the beginning and since I (and Javert & kilmenator & maybe others -- I'm not sure) talked about it, you certainly
should
have.

If your role is truly doctor and you didn't bother to find out what the deadline rules were before you claimed, you should admit that you acted in negligence and quit pretending that everyone ELSE is to blame for not understanding why you did it.

Now. Can we move on?
no. you people are to blame for putting me as a leading wagon AGAIN

you people are to blame for starting a game with no deadlines and then adding one in with its own set of little rules, then blaming me for not spending hours reading fine print.

this is completely pointless it is obvious why i claimed and you have known it from the start so get over it.
i swear im not mafia
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:33 am

Post by MeMe »

I kind of hate you.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:37 am

Post by ac1983fan »

your nice.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:44 am

Post by MeMe »

I was talking to omg_, not you.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:59 am

Post by kilmenator »

If omg were not the claimed doc I would be all about lynching him. I am still not entirely convinced of his innocence, but at this point I do not have a clear suspect in mind other than omg. I do not think a no lynch is the way to go at all. A no lynch is bad for the town, so with deadline looming we need to find someone that we can agree on and lynch them. I will spend some time tonight looking over this and all my other games, so I will hopefully post some ideas later. Until then,
unvote:
if I havent already.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 6:51 am

Post by ac1983fan »

MeMe wrote:I was talking to omg_, not you.
so then why'd you vote me?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 7:38 am

Post by MeMe »

Because you seem completely uninterested in helping us make a decision -- exactly the same as way back when I voted you originally. Only now it's worse because there's a TON of "information to work on," not the "very little" you pretend.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 8:03 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I'm not pretending.
nothing has happened these past 3 pages except OMG claiming doc and everybody wondering why.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 8:11 am

Post by MeMe »

Seeing as there are thirteen -- not three -- pages in this game, I'm not really seeing that as much of a point.

And voting "no lynch" is the
most
unhelpful thing you could possibly do. Vote someone you wouldn't mind being without tomorrow. They wouldn't be lynched unless at least FIVE other people agree with you before deadline, so what's with the hesitation to do so?
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 8:23 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I disagree with your POV
since the last three pages has done nothing to convince me that anyone has been lynched, and as of page 10 or 11 I believe I was not voting anybody, I obviously don't think anybody is scummy enough to lynch. Personally, I think no lynch is better than townie or doc or some other power role lynch. But, I may be alone in that respect.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 am

Post by MeMe »

First: my point of view is not "let's lynch a power role" -- it's "lynch is better than no lynch, especially on day one." And it's not just
my
point of view, it's the
right
one (which is why so many people get accused when they even suggest no-lynch on day one). If you can't make up your mind with the thread information, how do you think forgoing the undeniable content that is the lynchee's role information and who was/off on the lynching wagon is somehow sensible?

Like I said, though, you wouldn't be making a decision on your own so you don't need to worry that you're going to make a mistake. Providing a vote -- heck, even a vote on ME -- would make more pro-town sense than your total lack of interest in playing the game of mafia. If you don't think anyone's scummy enough to be lynched, I can't help but think it's because you're playing from a different
side
rather than simply a different
point of view
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Javert »

ac1983fan, 295 wrote:ughh,,, Your gonna make me go back, reread every post I listed, and write a paragraph about everyone? I though most of them were obvious.
I also though OMg's claim was a joke which was why i didn;t say anything about it.
Two immediate points.

1.) Yes, I
do
expect you to read back, reread every post your listed, and write about everyone - but you certainly don't need a paragraph. A short explanation is all that is necessary. If you are going to be calling things scummy, we need to know exactly
what
you find scummy, not just waving your hand at a post and proclaiming it to be scummy.

2.) If you thought it was a joke, you were more than free to say that
at the time he claimed
instead of
waiting until now
ac1983fan, 303 wrote:
vote:nolynch

at the moment, it seems like no lynch may be the best option. with the deadline fast approaching, we have very little information to work on. It doesn't help that I need to get a grade in a class FROM AN F To at least an b- by tomorrow, so I can't be on here to see any additional developements.
If you think No Lynch is better than Lynching, you need to support that conclusion. I have already gone over exactly why I believe Lynching is better than No Lynching - and to make your life easier, this is my post [260]. I would much prefer the town have 5 lynches than 4 lynches, especially when there are probably a minimum of three scum. Regardless of whether we lynch or no lynch today, the town will have 4 lynches left - except by lynching, we have
at least had a chance to lynch scum
, whereas No Lynch does not allow for that possibility.

I am also frustrated with omg_im_innocent_wtf. Rules are not "fine print" - you should be reading the rules before every game, specifically taking note of deadline rules, claiming rules, replacement rules, etc.
omg_im_innocent_wtf, 306 wrote:no. you people are to blame for putting me as a leading wagon AGAIN

you people are to blame for starting a game with no deadlines and then adding one in with its own set of little rules, then blaming me for not spending hours reading fine print.
"We are to blame"?

1.) You are more than free to use your vote on others.
2.) You are more than free to use your voice to make cases against others.
3.) You are more than free to not constantly insult us.
4.) You are more than free to read the rules of the game.
5.) You are more than free to ask us or the mod what the deadline rules of the game are.
6.) You are more than free to refrain from claiming at two votes.

Don't try to lay the blame on
us
when you are more than capable of changing your play, playstyle, actions, words, and so forth. We "are to blame" only insomuch as you are. Furthermore, it could be the case that you are just plain scum - in which case there is no "blame" to be had.
"I was born with scum like you."
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by MeMe »

Loving Javert right now.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I hardly think you had much fine print to read, or that it would have taken you hours. More like a minute. Besides, have you honestly never heard of a mod imposing a deadline when there was no deadline listed in the rules? Its fairly common.
I play the games rul gud.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

MeMe wrote:I kind of hate you.
then you are even sadder than i thought.
i swear im not mafia
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by MeMe »

I will be avoiding you in future, but I'm stuck with you for now and am embarrassed at letting myself respond to you in a way that mirrored your own juvenility.

I will clarify for the others in the game, though. I do not enjoy playing with anyone who respects neither this fantastic game of mafia nor their fellow players -- they make this a "grit your teeth and get through it" chore rather than a fun diversion for the mind. This site used to be a place for intelligent people to play an intelligent game. If more of us agreed to stop putting up with ruiners who favor a "playstyle" over simple "play," I think we could restore it to such a place.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by kilmenator »

MeMe wrote:I will be avoiding you in future, but I'm stuck with you for now and am embarrassed at letting myself respond to you in a way that mirrored your own juvenility.

I will clarify for the others in the game, though. I do not enjoy playing with anyone who respects neither this fantastic game of mafia nor their fellow players -- they make this a "grit your teeth and get through it" chore rather than a fun diversion for the mind. This site used to be a place for intelligent people to play an intelligent game. If more of us agreed to stop putting up with ruiners who favor a "playstyle" over simple "play," I think we could restore it to such a place.
I completely agree with this sentiment meme, and I hope I am in the intelligent group, at least that is how I hope I play.
Sweenytodd
Sweenytodd
Goon
Sweenytodd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Sweenytodd »

Well ok... We know we aren't going to lynch a claimed doc, so lets evaluate our other options. Ac1983fan voted for No Lynch which while I understand to be a bad move, it looks like an honest mistake... I still like my vote on Ancalagon, but he hasn't posted in a couple days so I hope he gets back to say something. Those are the most likely scum IMO, do read on "speccy" (it was in his wiki as an acceptable abbreviation, just thought i'd use it ) yet...
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:17 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

In response to the question, I forgot what I was unclear about elias, but I went to read his posts again and I'm neutral.

I'm a she. And my wiki has been hijacked by mr stoofer, so don't trust anything you read there *grin*

Since there's been some debate going on about playstyle, and I don't really have anyone else I think is particularly scummy, I'd be happy with a

vote: ac1983fan

This is partly due to some metagaming reasons --> his playstyle. Ac1983's playstyle generally consists of adding nothing to the game + finding nothing to say despite many pages, OR consistently repeating someone is scummy either without a case/pasting or putting down post numbers with 0 analysis.

Here's why this game in particular:
1) We're at page 13 and apparently ac1983fan finds nothing to add.
2) He's unreadable. Do you want an unreadable person at endgame?
3) I don't see him contributing in the future. He has been pressurised many times, and has not changed.

I should also state for the record that I'm not buying the case for ancalagon, hence why I'm proposing this.
Blank.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:54 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Let's see... so now I'm at lynch -2...
alright then, I guess this is time for me to claim.
I'm a roleblocker
. Don't believe me? you have every right to. but I'll tellyou right now, if you lynch me, you lose a powerrole.
MeMe wrote: Like I said, though, you wouldn't be making a decision on your own so you don't need to worry that you're going to make a mistake. Providing a vote -- heck, even a vote on ME <snip>
why the heck would I vote somebody who is so obviously town based on your posts?? that would get me lynched right off... the scummiest person here is Barroman, but I don't have enough of a case against him to vote him any more.
Javert wrote:
ac1983fan, 295 wrote:ughh,,, Your gonna make me go back, reread every post I listed, and write a paragraph about everyone? I though most of them were obvious.
I also though OMg's claim was a joke which was why i didn;t say anything about it.
Two immediate points.

1.) Yes, I
do
expect you to read back, reread every post your listed, and write about everyone - but you certainly don't need a paragraph. A short explanation is all that is necessary. If you are going to be calling things scummy, we need to know exactly
what
you find scummy, not just waving your hand at a post and proclaiming it to be scummy.

2.) If you thought it was a joke, you were more than free to say that
at the time he claimed
instead of
waiting until now
I'll try to do that either tonight, tomorrow, or more likely saturday.
unvote:nolynch
for now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”