• VitaminR (replaced AniX) -
    Safari Al
    A Monster Under the Bed!
Players
(dead):
[Note: In the dead player list, (a) scum will appear
red
(b) pro-town players are townies unless otherwise stated.]

Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 69 times in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

RULES

[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
[02] Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post in twilight, though.
[04] You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05]
NEW DEADLINE RULE
: If the day is lagging, I will start to reduce the numbers required for a lynch at regular intervals, until someone has enough votes to be lynched. In the case of a tie: first come first served.
[06] I'll never reduce the number required for a lynch below 3 - instead I'll end the day without a lynch.
[07] The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only at night.
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post, please. Save it for after the game is over.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me. If you do, I will destroy you.
[11] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, I’ll make it for you and you won’t like it.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[13] Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me. If you don’t your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.
[14] If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.
[15] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have zero tolerance for abusive posts.
[16]
NEW CLAIMING RULE
: No claiming. You can refer to your character (see first post) but you may not claim, hint at or confirm any power/ability (or the absence thereof). Note that you may still say "I am pro-town" "I am not scum" or any synonym thereof.

SPECIAL RULES
  • The above rules take precedence over Calvinball rules unless otherwise stated.
  • The character names in the first post might not be 100% accurate - there may be imposters among you.
  • The pro-town players have the following win condition
    You win when Calvin can sleep safely in his bed again.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Calvin!
Calvin!
Townie
Calvin!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Calvin! »

I've told Mom and Dad a thousand times about the MONSTERS UNDER THE BED, but they just wouldn't listen... And now they have been eaten!

There's only one thing for it, we'll have to go in there and get them!
Er, actually, I have a better plan. You guys go in and get the Monsters Under the Bed and I'll wait here... and use the Cerebral Enhance-o-tron to see if I can find a way to outwit those Monsters.

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Well you heard him. You guys have to go under the bed and get those Monsters before they get anyone else!

It is now Night 1. Please confirm/send night-choices by PM ASAP!

Please also check your role PM to see that it tallies with the first post.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

It seems, however, that the Monsters Under The Bed are more than a match for our hero. Yes, I am afraid that
Stupendous Man (King of Mud) has been eaten
: all that remains is the cape and mask which Mom made. It seems that the Monsters have infiltrated our little group, which will make it all the more difficult to catch them.

It is now Day 1: with 11 alive it will take 6 votes to lynch.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by Thok »

vote EmpTyger

1. He's clearly Tiger scum.
2. Hobbes was tempted by the monsters under the bed to help them get Calvin; his character is clearly scummy.
3. I claimed EmpTyger was Hobbes, tiger scum in the signup thread; clearly Stoofer made that part of this game.
4. EmpTyger and I are required to have at least one major argument in every game of mafia we are in together; I'm preemptively starting it now.
5. He's clearly Tiger scum.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:27 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

IMO, I don't think scum can be that easily figured out or else Stoofer would not have revealed all the character names to us, so I can't buy your argument yet Thok.

vote: Thok
The end justifies the means.
Calvin!
Calvin!
Townie
Calvin!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:14 am

Post by Calvin! »

CALVINBALL RULES
#1 Wear a mask!
#2 Do not question the masks!
#3 No girls!

(more to follow)

ALSO: HOBBES (EMPTYGER) HAS GOT MY BOWL OF CHOCOLATE FROSTED SUGER BOMBS!
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:17 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Thok:
That was quick. While waiting to see what else your Tygertrap catches (alas, no Susie, as per Rule 3) I think I will
vote: remussaidow
. He should know why.

Calvin:
Thank you!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

A few notes:

1.) I would suggest that everybody read the rules and check for changes each time you make a post.
2.) That was a particularly quick night in relation to when role PMs were sent out. This suggests to me a fairly organized scum-group.
3.) I have never played with King of Mud, and I would consider him a 'newbie' player. This suggests one of two things:
->
A.
That the scum-monsters were going somebody unlikely to be protected
->
B.
That there are experienced scum-monsters who didn't want to draw undue attention to them early on by killing off other experienced players
4.) I'm undecided as to whether or not EmpTyger [Hobbes] having Calvin's Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs is relevant. Although I
do
remember a strip where Hobbes seems thoroughly disgusted that Calvin can even process so much sugar.
5.) Skruffs is probably scum.

Vote: Skruffs
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:04 am

Post by remussaidow »

EMP, you just want me dead so you can eat me! I am not a fan of that, you know!
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Calvin!
Calvin!
Townie
Calvin!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Calvin! »

petroleumjelly wrote:I would suggest that everybody read the rules and check for changes each time you make a post.
Good advice!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Well the bit about reading the rules is good advice. I won't make any significant changes to the main
Rules Post
without alerting you.

Calvinball Rules may change without notice
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Definitely good advice, I just noticed the new no claiming rule.

Also PJ isn't everyone here pretty experienced except foo?
The end justifies the means.
ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by ubertimmy »

vote:foobardog
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

M-M wrote:Also PJ isn't everyone here pretty experienced except foo?
Fie, I can already see where
this
is headed - so I will preempt that by saying this is not meant to sound elitist. In any case:

There's a difference between
having
experience and being
perceived
as having experience - and there's a further difference between being perceived as having experience, and being perceived as being somebody to be 'reckoned with'. People (myself included) tend to categorize other players into groups - if I were a third party looking into this playlist, the people I would be most 'afraid' of would be myself, Thok, and EmpTyger being part of an opposite faction.

The fact that none of the three of us died slightly suggests that it may be because one (or more) of that grouping (from my perspective, EmpTyger and/or Thok) are scum, who did not want to dispose of another in that group
too
early since it would necessarily draw attention to those in that group still alive.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by TBuG »

I'm agreeing with pj, though many people often accidentally lump me in the group of good players just because I've been here so long :P
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by milkman »

petroleumjelly wrote: There's a difference between
having
experience and being
perceived
as having experience - and there's a further difference between being perceived as having experience, and being perceived as being somebody to be 'reckoned with'. People (myself included) tend to categorize other players into groups -
if I were a third party looking into this playlist, the people I would be most 'afraid' of would be myself, Thok, and EmpTyger being part of an opposite faction.

Really, you wouldn't put AniX on that list?

Anyway,
Vote:PBuG
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by TBuG »

milkman, was that random?

I, personally, didn't notice him; he'd be on my list.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Post by milkman »

Yeah, it was random.
foobardog
foobardog
Goon
foobardog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by foobardog »

Hmm. Votes all over the place. Though it might be beyond my small prehistoric brain, I'm kind of wondering the reference of Safari Al (AKA AniX) (is that Calvin's character from the
very
first comic?). But I do know I don't like broccoli (Blech!), and I'm also really wondering where that came from.

I know that unlikely roles shouldn't be unexpected, but it's a good place to start, right? And plus, broccoli! Ugh Ugh Ugh!

quasi-random
vote: Skruffs
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

WOw, game started.
First, let me confirm PJ's suspicions.
I am scum.
As in, when Calvin is supposed to eat me, I generally try to eat *HIM* instead. I become a gleatinous tentacled beast (Which all the anime girls love, apparently) and generally try to destroy Calvin. So by my definiton, I am scum -just like algae is scum.

But here, here I have to ask you.

Why would I be under Calvin's bed? Calvin has
distinctive
settings for each of his monsters. The arid martian landscape when he's at school, the horrendous tiger beast at the front door, etc. Regardless, broccoli belongs on the dining room table. And if we were at the dining room table, I would be a perfect lynch candidate.

It is much, much more likely that one of Calvin's clones, or his tuna salad sandwich, would be under the bed. Calvin would never actually take broccoli from his room, up the stairs, and under the bed. Unless he wanted it to eat the monsters. But even that would suggest I'm pro-town.

So yeah, that's my story.

I'm going to
Vote : Remus

for being nutritious AND tasty.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:06 am

Post by EmpTyger »

remussaidow:
remussaidow [10] wrote:EMP, you just want me dead so you can eat me! I am not a fan of that, you know!
Well, Aristotle would disagree, but that’s getting into philosophy that’s neither Calvin’s nor Hobbes’s. So I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.
Unvote: remussaidow

AniX:
With the search function disabled, it’s hard for me to determine just how malignant the fact that you are 1 of only 2 left to participate is. But Calvin’s bedtime is well before 11pm; no benefit of the doubt for you.
Vote: AniX
. Zero tolerance this time; you’re either going to play or die. No lurking games.

PBuG:
Why did you ask whether ubertimmy’s initial vote was random?

M-M:
Machiavellian-Mafia [13] wrote:Definitely good advice, I just noticed the new no claiming rule.<snip>
There are *2* new rules: (5) about claims and (16) about deadlines. Why did you only refer to 1 of them?

pj:
Your immodesty is matched only by your flattery.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:21 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Sorry for the doublepost; was fighting the CPU overload and hadn’t noticed Skruffs’s intervening post.

Skruffs:
Skruffs [21] wrote:<snip>Calvin would never actually take broccoli from his room, up the stairs, and under the bed. Unless he wanted it to eat the monsters. But even that would suggest I'm pro-town.<snip>
Why are you suggesting that *Calvin* would be the one to be placing you under the bed?

AniX:
That makes you the *only* one yet to participate.
Calvin!
Calvin!
Townie
Calvin!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Calvin! »

[mrow]
Approval ratings among 6 year-old boys
[col]
%
Hobbes [col]43 Tyrannosaurus Rex [col]38 G.R.O.S.S. [col]21 Calvin's Clone [col]9 Tracer Bullet [col]8 Snowman [col]1 Hobbes' Tuna Sandwich [col]
Toxic Waste a.k.a. Broccoli [col]
Captain Napalm [col]
Spaceman Spiff[col]
Safari Al [col]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”