PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:48 pm

Post by PJ. »

Wow skruffs, way to say 2+2=26.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

Vote Count:

• [3] John
    • IH
    • Panzerjager
    • spectrumvoid
  • [3] Panzerjager
    • John
    • mustafa15
    • The Central Scrutinizer
  • [1] The Central Scrutinizer
    • Skruffs
  • [2] NOT VOTING
    • Ripley
    • Simenon
Lynch:
5 votes

Deadline:
WED 05/02/07 01:00 AM EST

IH wrote:but the mod is not counting Simenon's vote.
only b/c he did not use the correct format...
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sat May 19, 2007 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Ripley »

IH wrote:No, but they should both be at minus 1, and I obviously can't hammer John if I'm already on him, but the mod is not counting Simenon's vote.
So, meh, it really doesn't matter. You do know deadline is on Wednesday, correct?
Yes, I know. I read the game through quickly last night. I didn't actually think there was much to choose between John and Panzer in scumminess and as I already said I don't think there's much to choose in terms on useful info from their deaths. But I'm almost certainly going to revote John unless someone gives me a good reason why not. Although he stopped the spamming he's basically added almost nothing in the way of observations of other players throughout the game (except Panzerjager), and we know we won't be hitting a power role. So hopefully he's scum but if not it's not too bad a loss.

Skruffs, you didn't answer my question. Are you considering both John and Panzer as potential lynchees or have you made up your mind?

Everyone yet to vote
: please make sure you get the damn colon in your vote in the right place. Deadline's approaching fast and there's not likely to be time to change a mistake.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Skruffs »

I believe I was saying 2+2=4, which is what you put John at.
If it was only a self defense, then why are you also encouraging his lynch? You don't seem to have a reason to think he's scum, you just don't want to be lynched yourself, and rather than defending yourself, you're shooting the barn, or whatever that l.f. is.

Ripley - Why do you want to know? No, if I was seriously suspicious of John, at this moment, I would have lynched him. As I am sure you would have, too. Right?
Unvote : T.C.S.
dangit.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:01 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Sorry mod, was banned from computer during exam period.

My vote's staying on John, as I believe John is more scummy than panzer. I'm not really understanding the panzer case. I do not think panzer is scummy for voting John. At this point, John and panzer are the top candidates for lynch... self-defense makes sense.
Blank.
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:21 am

Post by John »

IH, i belive that you said that me being lynched would provide valuable info. What info would that be?

If the town can recvive really good info off my death, i think the same could be said about panzer, but thats my opinion.

Deadline is pretty much tonite, and i have work, so this very well be my last post of this thread.

GO TOWN!
I'm not who you think I am. Unless you guess right. Then you know who I am.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:30 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Someone please put exactly how many hours there are to deadline... I can't calculate timezones well.
Blank.
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:35 am

Post by John »

Approx 11:00 tonite on the west coast.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:41 am

Post by PJ. »

about 14 hours from this post. And I agree with SV, self defense is smart at this point.
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:42 am

Post by John »

Panzerjager wrote:And I agree with SV, self defense is smart at this point.
Yea, we got that.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:48 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@spectrumvoid & everybody else

if you live in a different timezone then EST, and you need to figure out when the deadline ends, look at Post 162, round up to the next hour, and that should be what time in your timezone the deadline ends...

also remember the deadline is retractable, but i still need 7 PMs total...
Panzerjager wrote:about 14 hours from this post.
more like just over 13 hours
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:51 am

Post by PJ. »

Agreed I rounded down from my post which was bad.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Ripley »

Skruffs wrote:Ripley - Why do you want to know?
I'm asking because I still have doubts and any thoughts from the other (apparently) undecided players might be helpful. You have not, so far been helpful, and seem to be deliberately refusing to offering insights (which is about as unhelpful as it gets) but I never entirely give up hope.
Skruffs wrote:No, if I was seriously suspicious of John, at this moment, I would have lynched him. As I am sure you would have, too. Right?
I was never in a position to lynch John (though several other people were) because the only time he was on 4 votes I was one of them.

Are you seriously suspicious of Panzer? Of
anybody
?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ripley, I've been in the game four days. It's a little early to insinuate I'm not being helpful. I think replacing into the game at all is very helpful.

I've not read. I posted a little prod on the panzer/john thingie to see what that was about. I'm *not* up to date, and I'm not going to start barrelling into something that I haven't got any clue about. I'm abotu two pages back so far inthe game, but i replaced into a few others that have been soaking up my attentions.
I pmed the mod to extend the deadline, i'd like more time to catch up.
I didn't realize everyone was waiting on my insight, actually, considering the good myinsight usually does.

Who are YOU suspicious of, Ripley? You've been here since the beginning. If you want to pressure me for opinions after 4.0 days, you better have one after being here for 40.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 5:59 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Ok. It's 1.00 am for me now. I should be awake before 11 am tomorrow. I've pmed to ask for an extension.
Blank.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Ripley »

Skruffs wrote:Ripley, I've been in the game four days. It's a little early to insinuate I'm not being helpful. I think replacing into the game at all is very helpful.
Erm... you were the one who made that speech about not being willing to contribute insights or speculation because they would be "disagreeable to the town's collective logical reasoning". Virtually a declaration of unhelpfulness on your part.
Skruffs wrote:I've not read. I posted a little prod on the panzer/john thingie to see what that was about. I'm *not* up to date, and I'm not going to start barrelling into something that I haven't got any clue about. I'm abotu two pages back so far inthe game, but i replaced into a few others that have been soaking up my attentions.
A lot of this game was rubbish going back and forth between John and Panzer. It doesn't take long to read. I know because I did it last night. And since you knew the deadline was almost upon us I think it's reasonable to expect you to prioritise this game at least to the point of actually reading it.

However, I would definitely prefer that the deadline be removed until you've had the time you need to catch up.
I will also PM the mod and ask for an extension.
That makes 3 of us so far.
Skruffs wrote:Who are YOU suspicious of, Ripley? You've been here since the beginning. If you want to pressure me for opinions after 4.0 days, you better have one after being here for 40.
Trying to evade questions by turning them back on the questioner? I've seen that tactic before. Anyway: I'm reasonably suspicious of John and Panzer, who are the only possible lynch candidates unless we get an extension. After rereading the other two who caught my eye were Simenon and yourself. I disagreed with practically everything Simenon said in the early pages, and I was never really satisfied with his explanation of asking John to claim (his explanations seemed contradictory and muddled). I am suspicious of you partly for reasons already stated and partly because your predecessor contributed almost nothing either.

Now, your turn perhaps? I sense that the town's logical reasoning is not so collective as to present a serious obstacle, so grasp the moment!
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 7:33 am

Post by John »

I will ask for an extension as well, "For self preservation".

I think being able to push back a deadline makes the deadline useless. just my opinon.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:38 am

Post by IH »

Extension please?

Someone is going to have to hammer with John at minus 1, and I can only put Panzer at minus one, so we need another voter.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Ripley »

IH, you need to PM the mod and ask for an extension.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Ripley »

I think our chances of getting an extension are very small considering the conditions we have to meet, although we really, really need one. It's ludicrous to have a situation where a player who claims not even to have finished reading the game could easily have the casting vote. In case my previous post gets overlooked, please note that to get an extension
you have to PM the mod
. And it needs 7 of us to do it.

I'm increasingly worried about Skruffs' behavior so I'm going to get my thoughts down in writing now.

If, as he claims, he hasn't finished reading the game, he should have said so before, knowing as he must that his vote is likely to be crucial. Only under repeated pressure to post his suspicions does he finally make this announcement and ask for an extension, by which time it's only about 18 hrs from deadline and it's very unlikely we'll get 7 requests in that time.

Also - I thought he reacted surprisingly negatively and defensively to what was really not aggressive questioning. I just wanted to get some input from him - reasonable enough, surely, with a deadline looming, to hope for something from the fresh pair of eyes ? That whole "I hate it when people ask me for insights" response was weird, and, I thought, evasive. In subsequent posts he's pretty much avoided posting any opinions at all, falling back on the belated "I haven't read the game yet" announcement and then trying to turn my own questions back on me rather than responding. Given that we got practically nothing from bird1111 (his predecessor) either, Skruffs is ringing all kinds of bells with me right now.
Skruffs wrote:I'm abotu two pages back so far inthe game,
Does this mean you've read the most recent two pages but not the previous ones? Or that you've read the first seven but not the two most recent ones?

I haven't forgotten that I'm not currently voting. I'll be around for another 4-5 hours yet.
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by mustafa15 »

I pmed the mod for an extention.
I'm back
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I don't see how I am evading questions ; I explained my status, the reason behind my status, and asked why you are choosing someone who just replaced into the game for for some sort of analysis.

To turn around and say that I am evading the question by asking you the same question, uh... isn't that evading the question that you yourself are inferring that I evaded?

The following post is even more bizarre; apparently I'm the only person who might hammer one of two people that you claim to be suspicious of. Well, don't worry, I try not to hammer people I don't have a reason to hammer, unless it's eitherme or them. It's not me or them. I'm not going to hammer, unless I find a reason to do so. My earlier thing was a jab at IH; he was sayign he would hammer, so I wanted to one up him and hammer first. Then I realized that was stupid.

Ripley, doesn't it bother you that IH is pushing for someone else to vote so he can hammer before the deadline, but is also sayign he wants to extend the deadline?

The reason I am hesitant to give insights is because of the reasons I stated earlier. Why ask for a movie review from someone who hasn't seen the movie?

Why say I'm suspicious for askign for a deadline extension only 18 hours from deadline, when you decided to start asking for my opinion only the day before?

If you are suspicious of John, why are you unvoting him and tryign to get someone else to tell you why you should vote for him?

When would have been the best time to say I haven't read the entire game? Every day since I've replaced in?

I meant that I've read pages 7 and 8, mostly. I don't really like how right before the deadline - which you didn't really want to extend until I said I wanted to extend it - you put this big ole post about my posts.

Yes, I'm not going to assume that John claimed townie. On a day one if things look hopeless, scum shold be trying to pull out other power roles so their buddies know who to nightkill; playing meek and rolling over and all that doesn't strike me as scummy. If John's spamming, he's spamming. Big deal.

Seriously, read my posts. I have not read, but I am commenting on the game *AS IT HAPPENS* and
asking questions
. Forgive me for not having read the rest of the game so far, honestly. It will happen. And I will have a nice analysis. I promise.

In conclusion : If I am being evasive, it's because I am not ready to dedicate my honest opinion blindly on a situation I am not totally familiar with. You will either have to trust that I will actually offer my opinion, when I have one, or you will have to assume this is a scum ploy, and vote me for it. Saying I am refusing to give my opinon is wrong, though, because I am being honest with my opinons right now, and that is, I'm not comfortable giving them before I have them. Okiedokie?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by IH »

Well if someone would hammer John, we wouldn't have to worry about me having to hammer, but it doesn't look like anyone is going to budge. Ripley place your vote, as mine is not moving unless Someone else is at lynch minus one. I PMed the mod also, but I don't think we're getting that extension if it takes 7 of us.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by Ripley »

No time right now to reply to every word of Skruffs' post but I'll deal with what I can.
Skruffs wrote:To turn around and say that I am evading the question by asking you the same question, uh... isn't that evading the question that you yourself are inferring that I evaded?
No, Skruffs, I evaded nothing, because I
replied
. It's the penultimate paragraph of post 217.
Skruffs wrote:The following post is even more bizarre; apparently I'm the only person who might hammer one of two people that you claim to be suspicious of. Well, don't worry, I try not to hammer people I don't have a reason to hammer, unless it's eitherme or them. It's not me or them. I'm not going to hammer, unless I find a reason to do so. My earlier thing was a jab at IH; he was sayign he would hammer, so I wanted to one up him and hammer first. Then I realized that was stupid.
Bizarre? You just admitted you'd earlier said you'd hammer (how am I supposed to know you've now decided that was stupid), and as almost everyone else is already voting I don't see how it's remotely bizarre to suggest you could end up with the casting vote. And I didn't say you were the
only
person that might be. I said it
could easily
be you:
Ripley wrote:It's ludicrous to have a situation where a player who claims not even to have finished reading the game could easily have the casting vote.
Skruffs wrote:Ripley, doesn't it bother you that IH is pushing for someone else to vote so he can hammer before the deadline, but is also sayign he wants to extend the deadline?
Not at all. I want to extend it too, but it's unlikely to happen, so we have to try and get somebody lynched. It's perfectly reasonable to do all we can to enable a lynch if the deadline is imposed, while still wishing that it won't be.
Skruffs wrote:If you are suspicious of John, why are you unvoting him and tryign to get someone else to tell you why you should vote for him?
This is just nonsense. I unvoted him while I re-evaluated and reread the game. I asked you for your opinions on John
or
Panzer, or indeed anybody else.

Most of the rest of your post is just more waffle and a whole load of excuses about how you're entitled to be evasive and not read the game and not post opinions, and really, Skruffs, if you'd simply spent the same amount of time actually rereading the game as you did writing those excuses, you'd probably be right up to date. Maybe you don't
want
to read the game, because claiming ignorance of most of the game is your core excuse for avoiding posting content.

Anyhow. As I said earlier would probably happen, I'm going to revote John. I think that puts him on 4 votes with Panzer on 3, Simenon and Skruffs not voting. If everyone who claims to have PM'ed for an extension has actually done so, that makes 6.

Vote: John
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Unofficial Vote Count:
John: IH, panzer, SV, ripley. 4
panzer: john, mustafa15, TCS 3
TCS: Skruffs.
Not voting: Simenon.

5 to lynch.

Mustafa: why haven't you contributed, even though you were obviously here with that 'checking in' post? You have a vote on panzer, but I'm not seeing how

Mod: If the deadline hits without TCS, can you please prod him during the night?

Simenon has gone totally silent.

I'm not sure what to think about the Ripley and Skruffs spat, but I can verify that Skruffs recently replaced into a lot of games, some of which need heavy reading. However, I find it hard to believe that he hasn't done his analysis, with this game at deadline.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”