Newbie 320 - Berry Village Mafia V (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by Eldarion »

No, the point I was making was that it was contradictory and thus left an ellipsis/rhetorical question to emphasize my confusion. Probably unnecessary.

I guess I can safely
unvote
now, your reasoning seems to be fairly similar to mine (worded differently I guess), and it's not like I built my vote on huge pillars of evidence anyway.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Eldarion> I understand your point about it being contradictory now.

What are your feelings on CES and Nocmen?

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Azibo Village Vote Count
[/color]

Eldarion
# 1 [Nocmen]
GreenLiquid
# 1 [Cogito Ergo Sum]

Not Voting: remussaidow, Caddock, Peter Venkman, GreenLiquid, Eldarion

Four Votes to Lynch.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by remussaidow »

vote: CES

For trying to pregame lynch me. Seriously dude, was that even legal?

Peter, you don't actually haveto sign your posts.

Eldarion, you waited how long from saying that you were keeping your vote on and then for no good reason, not even a post by the person you were voting before you dropped it? That recieves an FOS. Two and half hours... On a thread forum game... Really isn't that long at all.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Welcome to the party Remu!

Ok, I won't sign my posts anymore. Like I said, I come from another message board (non Mafia) where that is pretty standard.

It does feel pretty naked though, like I'm leaving something incomplete... arrrgh...
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by remussaidow »

oh, I'm just saying. I've been on boards that you do have to sign the posts because you're name is not displayed. Its not inherently illegal to do that here, its just not required.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Eldarion »

remussaidow wrote:

Eldarion, you waited how long from saying that you were keeping your vote on and then for no good reason, not even a post by the person you were voting before you dropped it? That recieves an FOS. Two and half hours... On a thread forum game... Really isn't that long at all.
@remus: You'll notice that there are several posts from Venkman between when I said I'd keep my vote on to when I withdrew it. Most importantly I came to understand his viewpoint, and I agreed with what he posted. In that light I felt it would be more impolite than anything to keep it on.

@Peter (can I call you Peter? :P): Mostly, I don't like Nocmen's posts. They seem to be extremely accusatory and short. CES's don't seem to be too out of left field, nothing I would pounce on I guess.

If you feel I've been exceptionally inconsistent anywhere feel free to bring it up, as long as you are happy being held in the same scrutiny yourself.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Eldarion> Of course you may call me Peter =) ..and scrutiny is the name of the game right? You wouldn't be acting very town if you
didn't
scrutinize everyone.

I think this has been enough action for me today. It's late and I'm tired. I won't be around a whole lot tomarrow, but i'll be certain to make a few posts.

I'd really like to hear from the rest of the players too.

Goodnight everyone!

-Peter
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:55 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Any votes during the random vote stage shouldn't appear as true attacks. They are merely used to jump-start the game and gather reactions. If you do get two random votes, it is not something to worry about: remember, they are baseless, and there most likely isn't any argument against you at that point.

The way remussaidow responds to CES' pre-game comment strikes me as very scummy. Reacting in that way is a pretty strong tell. In addition, it looks more so scummy when he begins 'attacking' other players (I use this term loosely, but you can see that he does say things towards some others). I'm not entirely sure he's scum at this point, but it's the best lead I can find:

Vote: remussaidow
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

remussaidow wrote:For trying to pregame lynch me. Seriously dude, was that even legal?
We do allow jokes on this forum, yes.

I would not describe my play so far as defensive. I've simply tried to explain my actions fully because it's my playstyle and I can understand that people who don't know me may find it suspicious.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:53 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Green> I'm not sure Remu's actions are a tell. I jumped on CES for being defensive, yet it's been brought up by a few of you that
everyone
is going to be defensive. I think Remu's behavior is more in line with the "First vote is a joke vote" and that fits with the lighthearted accusations that were being thrown out
before the game even started

CES
has been absent since I put the heat on him. I'm curious if this is because of real life commitment, or because he felt his own defense was only making things worse and he wanted to lie low.

Nocmen
has also departed from the thread for a little while. His posts were a little unfocused, but at this point i'm not willing to cry scum over that.

Greenliquid
you appear to be slow and steady in your posting. At this point i'm neutral about you, as I don't think we've had enough time to learn your true standing.

Eldarion
has also been a steady poster to this thread and appears to be approaching the outing of scum in a fairly straightforward and logical manner. I don't like his vote hopping at this point, but again, it's too early to tell.

I would really, really like to hear from
Caddock
. In my oppinion, he should read the thread, give us his feelings on people, and perhaps provide a second "pressure" vote to get things moving. Remember, he will be the last player to join the game, and at this point we aren't exactly in "wild guess" mode.

-Peter
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

[quote="Peter Venkman"]CES has been absent since I put the heat on him. I'm curious if this is because of real life commitment, or because he felt his own defense was only making things worse and he wanted to lie low.[quote]
Sleep + School, essentially.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

CES
> Yeah me too, with another + work.

Care to share your thoughts on the other players CES? Aside from your defense and sharing strategy, you havn't done much analysis.

-Peter
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Eldarion »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote: I would not describe my play so far as defensive. I've simply tried to explain my actions fully because it's my playstyle and I can understand that people who don't know me may find it suspicious.
@CES: I like that you explain it, but putting something down as your playstyle... that's not cool. You could have explained it just as well without invoking playstyle, which I'd like to keep as far away from as possible. It's like trying to bring in some mysterious fairy to magic away all needs for logic and reason for one's actions.

@Peter: I made one vote, then took it off... is that really vote hopping? Things escalate quickly in The Berry Kingdom.

I'm torn between agreeing that the pre-game lynch mention was a joke, and seeing that it was a very neat little trick to get mafia to agree or disagree vehemently in pre-game, when they should have had no opinion. If it were the latter it would probably have been best left until the game started; but it was funny nonetheless.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Green> I'm not sure Remu's actions are a tell. I jumped on CES for being defensive, yet it's been brought up by a few of you that everyone is going to be defensive. I think Remu's behavior is more in line with the "First vote is a joke vote" and that fits with the lighthearted accusations that were being thrown out before the game even started.
One of the things that has to be known about defensiveness is that scum are usually more defensive than town. In his case, it's very suspect as it's pretty clear that CES' actions were done jokingly. Also, why do you find CES defensive? He said that he wouldn't mind having pressure votes, which doesn't seem defensive to me. Can you cite the exact spot(s) that appeared defensive?

The actions are tells for several reasons:

1) He acted very defensively to accusations that were obviously intended as a joke.
2) He started attacking other people in his post. This isn't so much a tactic as it is an effort to get heat off of himself. Sort of a subconscious thing. Tells are different than tactics as they are usually not intentional.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Eldarion> I hadn't given that "pre-game" vote much serious consideration, like I mentioned a post or two ago, I thought it was a joke.

You are right though,
CES
had his role, and could very well have been setting the stage for himself.

Or he was joking.

I
do
think it is interesting that after I called
CES
out for lurking he posted within a half hour about how he wasn't lurking, yet he didn't actually reply to any of the questions posed to him. Posts without content = a subtle form of lurking that a veteran might use.

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Green> at the begining of the post you quote, I felt I specificly backed off my previous acusation of CES being defensive. Maybe that wasn't clear.

I agree with you that attacking someone in one's own
defensive
post is a good indication of nerviousness.

I'm still waiting for the last player to show up and contribute before I vote again. I think a fresh perspective will help.

-Peter
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Nocmen »

remussaidow wrote:

Dude, calm down, its only 1 single vote, and you are acting like its the end of the world. I dont like it when people freak out, it does seem as if they need to hide something.
Eldarion wrote: Mostly, I don't like Nocmen's posts. They seem to be extremely accusatory and short.
yourself.
You accuse my posts of being short, but what really do you expect me to do when I only have a few lines to respond to? Its still very early in the game, and logic is just starting to take shape, one can not analyze information that is not proven yet.
Peter Venkman wrote:
Nocmen
has also departed from the thread for a little while. His posts were a little unfocused, but at this point i'm not willing to cry scum over that.

I would really, really like to hear from
Caddock
. In my oppinion, he should read the thread, give us his feelings on people, and perhaps provide a second "pressure" vote to get things moving. Remember, he will be the last player to join the game, and at this point we aren't exactly in "wild guess" mode.

-Peter
Sleep and School can do that to me, especially when im not up early enough to read the thread between the two.

As for Caddock, his inactivity sort of points something out, he hasnt said or done anything worth consideration of being scum, which is both good and bad.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Nocmen> I'm still assuming the Caddock hasn't realize the game has started. Until we can determine he is deliberately not posting, we have
nothing
to go on about him.
Blackberry
is it too early for a prod?

CES> We simul-posted earlier, I just noticed it. You didn't emerge after me calling you out, in fact, you beat me here. My FOS is off you.

-Peter
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:48 am

Post by remussaidow »

Game started when, last night? Theres no need for a prod on Caddock yet, he might not even have gotten to the site since then.

GL, in the random voting stage, a non-random but poorly justified joke is much more useful. A random vote, people shrug off. However, I gave a reason for a non-significant vote and made it seemed like I cared about it (as I did know that it was a joke), and have thus gained valuable information based upon the reactions of everyone.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Remu> Will you share with us this information? Or at least cast a vote?

-Peter
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:59 am

Post by remussaidow »

the information is written plainly on the thread, for it is not my response that I am looking for but everyone elses.

My vote is already cast. It will stay cast until someone acts scummy enough to remove it and place a vote upon them.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Seriously?? We might not make the same connections as you Remu, as we all read motivation differently. I saw something in
CES
that aparently no-one else sees. Through some good dicussion over our interpretations we learned a lot about everyone.

Sitting on information isn't pro-town. I'm unleashing my saved vote for you.

Vote: Remussaidow

-Peter
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

I dont think you overreacted on purpose, and it does seem a bit too scummy for me.
Unvote
for now, and
FoS:Remussaidow
for right now seems to me a stupid excuse for an OMGUS.
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Eldarion »

remussaidow wrote:the information is written plainly on the thread, for it is not my response that I am looking for but everyone elses.

My vote is already cast. It will stay cast until someone acts scummy enough to remove it and place a vote upon them.
@ Remus: Making vague grandiose statements about information being "written plainly in the thread", while subtly hinting at your own innocence by claiming to be above showing a response is just not cricket.
Generally I would accept your excuse for throwing a very specific but completely unnecessary vote on CES, it's only when your throw in a claim to hold some superiority through it, but being unwilling to share it that the excuse becomes suspicious. It may just be that I don't think like you and you have massive balls and are willing to risk the town accidentally lynching you to gain some secret insight into the mental machinations of the scum.
Your reason for not taking your vote off is very similar to mine was
it seems
, but I just used mine as a sort of introduction, yours may well have been more successful at drawing reactions, but at the cost of your own image of innocence?
FoS: remussaidow
, I'm going out on a limb here, but I find it
more likely
that your replies, Remus, are not in the town's best interests at the moment.

@ Nocmen: You seem to have defended yourself more than adequately from my statement about your short posts. It was only that your responses seemed so short, but managed to accuse someone every time that was rubbing me the wrong way.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”