TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

EBWODP: Do we want two Tribunes? If we do so we should decide on a second one as well if we do not want somebody random getting it.

Tribunal Vote Count

Mastermind of Sin - 4(Zindaras, AndrewS, Primate, TheEyeOfMordor)
Battle Mage - 2(~N9V~,Battle Mage)
Raffles - 2(Raffles, Cephrir)
Kison - 1(mole)
Cheesefan - 1(Kison)
Panzerjager - 1(Panzerjager)
Rand Althor - 1(Rand Althor)
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:50 pm

Post by Raffles »

^I think second tribune would come naturally as a second popular choice. Remember that we have a week for this, and don't need to rush it. It's barely been 12 hours since the game started!

I don't know why everyone's voting for Mastermind of Sin so early. He hasn't made a single post yet and for all we know he could be a scum.
Woof!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

i dont think so. Please reference that game to me. Also, we are currently together in another game. Neither of us are dead YET.

Primate wrote:Andrew, it should really go without saying, but you have my word that I will not actually execute anyone unless I find them scummy. I've actually only ever played with BM in one game before, and we both died N1, so I doubt that counts.

vote mastermind of sin
is good though. Until we know better, we should put the most solid players in the most powerful positions. Mos's main fault is that he's not great at getting people to go along with him, so this should help circumvent that.

@Panzer: No. Your king says that would be unecessary. Dropping more role info will not further convince people, and will just aid hannibalscum in coming up with claims. No offence, but the reason I don't want you on the tribune stand is because I don't think you're a particularly good player yet. You'd veto people for the wrong reasons. And you really, really, need to stop this habit of claiming early for bad reasons. I've seen you do it in a few games now, you figure that if you claim a your role, you will get someone to listen to you, be trusted more. All it really does though is tell the mafia who to actually kill, and prompt paranoia in a town. all the things you're trying to gain can also be gained by simply acting like a townie, putting forward your suspicions well, etc.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

AndrewS wrote:if the tribune vetos a person, can that person be re-scheduled for execution?
No. The Tribune will protect that person from execution for the rest of the day. A Consul's veto works similarly.

I also added the Night scene.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Ahh
Unvote: Battle Mage Vote for Tribune: Mastermind of Sin
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:48 am

Post by AndrewS »

As a second, I nominate Mole.

Unvote, vote for consul: Mole
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

seeing as my wagon lost steam...

Unvote, Vote: Raffles
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:34 am

Post by PJ. »

So You'd rather have someone with one veto instead of two? That makes sense, and primate, I have only claimed by choice in 2 games, this and MK on WIFOM. I actually am not bad at catching scum and I think between me you and MoS we could stop Zindy from lynching the entire world.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:43 am

Post by AndrewS »

Panzer: It's not that - we just don't believe your claim.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

plus Panzer isnt usually the sort of person who lets the game mechanics affect his voting pattern. No offence. :wink:

AndrewS wrote:Panzer: It's not that - we just don't believe your claim.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Kison »

Panzerjager - I don't quite believe the claim either. Such a claim could easily be a play for Tribune election. It would be quite easy to pull off, as well, because he could simply never use his second veto to confirm his role by claiming he disagreed with town appeals when the second execution rolled around. In addition, it would only aid him further to have the two Consuls support his unwillingness to veto, as they'd be required to vote in order for him to have reason to use his veto power.

I'd support Mole or MoS, however, I have yet to see much content from either of them. Therefore, I'm going to hold off on my vote for the time being.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by PJ. »

BM, never speak about how I play again because you don't know and before I called you a bad player in a different game you said that I was a good player. I belief it was in Mini 400.

I'm sorry that I can't get you kids to believe me and I support the raffles.
Vote for Tribune: Raffles
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Rand Althor »

Panzerjager wrote:BM, never speak about how I play again because you don't know and before I called you a bad player in a different game you said that I was a good player. I belief it was in Mini 400.
Touchy.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

indeed. i hope this is a sign that you will stop bugging me unnecessarily.
Besides, Mini 400 was AGES ago. :roll:
Rand Althor wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:BM, never speak about how I play again because you don't know and before I called you a bad player in a different game you said that I was a good player. I belief it was in Mini 400.
Touchy.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by Primate »

AndrewS wrote:Primate: Sorry, I hate to be so suspicious, but I was in another game where a similar situation arose, and a player nearly got lynched for absolutely silly reasons. At any rate, my best suggestion is MoS/Mole for Tribune, but I can only vote for one.
What game was this?
BM wrote:i dont think so. Please reference that game to me. Also, we are currently together in another game. Neither of us are dead YET.
Good ol mafia, Mach-Mafia's game.
Panzer wrote:So You'd rather have someone with one veto instead of two? That makes sense, and primate, I have only claimed by choice in 2 games, this and MK on WIFOM. I actually am not bad at catching scum and I think between me you and MoS we could stop Zindy from lynching the entire world
Dude, the guy hasn't got a machine gun. Saying we need 4 veto's to stop zindies reign of terror is a little extreme.
AndrewS wrote:Panzer: It's not that - we just don't believe your claim.
Do you think it common for scum to lock themselves into a claim this early in the game? There isn't even much of an upside to trade for the flexibility either. The powers of a tribune are hardly game-breaking enough to hit the mindset. You think he's lying about his claim? Why?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:01 am

Post by Zindaras »

Zindie gets to have a reign of terror! ^_^
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:38 am

Post by Kison »

Primate, why are you trying to help someone who would inhibit your powers twice instead of once? Someone in your position has nothing to worry about as far as the wrong person getting lynched. You can veto any executions set out by Zindaras, and would only have to worry about getting around two Tribune vetoes instead of three.

Also, just because he has two vetoes does NOT mean he's not scum. It may be uncommon for scum to claim early, but if he is scum, with or without this ability, as I explained before, he could easily play it off once elected. Remember, the only way for him to be in a position to use his veto power is to have the Consuls setup an execution. By waving that ability, he actually has gained the support of the Consuls because he'd have been aiding their execution.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

How easy/difficult would it be to check Panzer's claim? I believe it.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:35 am

Post by AndrewS »

Primate - there were two games that I've seen recently where people were lynched with very, very silly reasons. One is ongoing, so I cannot talk about it. The other was a newbie game, in which Klebian hammered on page 2 for absolutely no reason. Apparently he had promised himself that if the game ever got to lynch -1, he would hammer regardless of the situation. Logically, we lynched him the next day, and he was town. At any rate, this and the other game has made me rather suspicious about certain actions such as that. My apologies, though, I guess I should have realized that you folks were joking...
As for Panzer's claim - is it logical for
anybody
to claim this early? It seems to me that he's a newbie that wants the security of the Tribune spot, either as mafia or town. I could see him getting it, then refusing to use his second veto, saying that he agrees with it.
Kison: I'm not saying that because he has 2 vetoes, he's scum - I'm saying that I find it dubious that he does, indeed, have 2 vetoes.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Apologies for my absence. I've been quite ill lately, and in the hustle and bustle of all my other games and staying alive IRL, I failed to notice this game had started.

Public Announcement:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I do
not
plan on having a repeat performance from another similar game which I cannot directly reference because it is ongoing and no one knows my alignment anyways. My intent in this game is not to defy the establishment and be generally obstinate and even downright unhelpful at times (although it is rather amusing :)). Should I be elected Tribune, I promise that I will do my best to act in the best interests of the town. While it is true that I often encounter troubles when attempting to convince other players of my successful scum finding in game, this does not mean that I will just go off on my own and protect people randomly. I will listen to the input of the town, just as I would with any game where I would try to discern the scum, and I will attempt to provide solid reasoning to explain my choices each day, should I be reelected. I thank you all for your support, and I look forward to ridding this town of horrible scumbags.

-=Paid for by Townies for Mastermind of Sin '07=-
Permanent V/LA.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:13 am

Post by PJ. »

I don't care about the security of the tribunship, I'd rather be able to create a stronger check on the consuls if
the town
feels I should be vetoing. I believe the tribunes should focus on what the normal townies want, kinda like a majority type of thing.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Kison »

AndrewS wrote:Kison: I'm not saying that because he has 2 vetoes, he's scum - I'm saying that I find it dubious that he does, indeed, have 2 vetoes.
I wasn't trying to imply that you said that. I agree that it's dubious, yet I also believe that even if he is telling the truth about his role, it's not guaranteed that he'd use it to our advantage.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:23 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm friggin
'
Cato. Why wouldn't I use it to the town's advantage.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Zindaras »

Cato?

Cato was famous for his actions between the Second and Third Punic War (Cetero censam Carthaginam delendam esse!), not his actions during the Second Punic War (he was 17/18 at that time).
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:06 am

Post by AndrewS »

MAJOR FOS: PANZERJAGER!

I have a role with a small ability, and
I don't have a name![/b] Someone can correct me if there is another named role...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”