VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:23 am

Post by VitaminR »

Foolster41 wrote:VitimanR: That's pure WIFOM by the way. Not perticipating (without a good reason) is scummy.

And you're voting me because I'm opposed to random voting? I understand an FOS maybe (as other have done), but 1.) I think that's rather extreme 2.)It is obvious I'm, doing my best to participate in exchange for not random voting. 3.)I believe said it was more a personal taste (and never said that people should right not ohmygosh stop random voting

vote: chamber
I vote whoever I think is most likely to be scum. That doesn't mean it is much more significant than a FOS.

2 is a good point. Actually, what bothers me about not random voting is how the player avoids the spotlight with it. The rest of your posts don't really match that, so I think I'll unvote.

Unvote: Foolster41
HurriKaty
HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 am

Post by HurriKaty »

Foolster41 wrote:Basicly, "I won't talk when I don't have anything to say?". That sounds reasonible enough to me
I find this statement amusing because not talking when I don't have anything to say is what tends to get me attacked Day 1 in every game I play.

:(
HurriKaty: *runs over Nightson with a mack truck*
Jathan84: OWNED BITCH
Filiusnocte: *is run over*
Filiusnocte: *bites Katy anyway*
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Talking despite having very little to say is what tends to get me attacked...
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by JDodge »

Sailor Jerry wrote:Talking despite having very little to say is what tends to get me attacked...
Same thing happens to me. That's why I tend to speak before I think sometimes...
Blake Judge
Blake Judge
Townie
Blake Judge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Blake Judge »

Yeah, I'm here, I just don't have anything to say. I've played in a game with Sailor Jerry and he can testify to my MO - I'll post when I have something meaningful to say, but not otherwise. There doesn't seem to be much to dissect so far, so I haven't been wading in with the random chat.
BeHappyNewyear
BeHappyNewyear
Goon
BeHappyNewyear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:22 am

Post by BeHappyNewyear »

Okay, that makes
people talking just so they don't get hit for lurking. I think this is starting to go a little overboard now.
Unvote
I mean, I realize the importance of these early game prods, but doing so just for people to say they have nothing to say is...pointless. Personally, I'm withholding a vote for now until there's someone here who has a genuinely good reason for me to vote for them. And "hasn't posted in a while" is not a good reason in my book (at least not now.)
If you came here expecting anything even remotely resembling that of a signature, you are sadly mistaken...
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Blake Judge wrote:Yeah, I'm here, I just don't have anything to say. I've played in a game with Sailor Jerry and he can testify to my MO - I'll post when I have something meaningful to say, but not otherwise. There doesn't seem to be much to dissect so far, so I haven't been wading in with the random chat.
Yes. I have indeed seen him do exactly this.

He was mafia.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by JDodge »

Sailor Jerry wrote:
Blake Judge wrote:Yeah, I'm here, I just don't have anything to say. I've played in a game with Sailor Jerry and he can testify to my MO - I'll post when I have something meaningful to say, but not otherwise. There doesn't seem to be much to dissect so far, so I haven't been wading in with the random chat.
Yes. I have indeed seen him do exactly this.

He was mafia.
Just out of curiosity, how many times have you seen him do this?
Blake Judge
Blake Judge
Townie
Blake Judge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by Blake Judge »

That would be once.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by mole »

Why do you guys say there's nothing to discuss? We've had a meta-game argument and everything!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Thesp »

Sailor Jerry wrote:Yes. I have indeed seen him do exactly this.

He was mafia.
This is odd.
Unvote: Sailor Jerry, Vote: Blake Judge.

Sailor Jerry, why aren't you voting for Blake Judge?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Why should I be voting for him? He hasn't done anything particularly scummy...

I was just observing that last time he didn't do anything particularly scummy, we lynched him anyway and he turned out to be mafia ;)

If we're going to start voting people on the basis that they haven't done anything very scummy, I think we're onto a loser.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:22 am

Post by mole »

Oh, that's easily fixed.

FoS: everyone in the town
for being so reluctant to vote. It's got to be one of the classic tells, really--the "I can't bring myself to vote for anyone because as a mafia member I know they're innocent..."

Hope that alleviates your concerns. :)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Thesp »

Sailor Jerry, re: Chamber wrote:It's just really weird... Hanging back and only posting the bare minimum amount is lurking... and it's scummy.
Let's compare this...
Sailor Jerry wrote:Yes. I have indeed seen him do exactly this.

He was mafia.
Compare that with Blake Judge, who not only is doing you've outright said is scummy,
he has a similar history of acting that way as scum, which you have experienced with him
, and you make no substantive mention of it. That strikes me as extremely odd.
FOS: Sailor Jerry.

I'm liking the Foolster41 wagon less and less.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Is this an accurate account of what just happened?

(1) Blake Judge doesn't really do anything at all.
(2) Thesp attempts to start a bandwagon because of the apparent 'scumminess' of (1).
(3) Thesp attempts to goad me into jumping onto the bandwagon.
(4) I admit I don't really get why he's voting Blake Judge.
(5) Thesp fingers me for not jumping on a bandwagon that I really don't think has a base.

Thesp sounds desperate to start a wagon, and it doesn't seem like he cares who it's on.

FOS: Thesp

This would be a vote, except that I
do
still like the Foolster wagon, and I'm not liking it any less from the fact he's not posted here for a couple of days, despite the fact that he's posted in a great many other threads.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:24 am

Post by VitaminR »

Vote: Sailor Jerry

I disagree with your point about Blake Judge, I doubt he would have drawn attention to his MO if he were scum in both cases.

Good point on Sailor Jerry, though.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:26 am

Post by VitaminR »

Sailor Jerry wrote:Is this an accurate account of what just happened?
A superficial look at the wording of 1, 2, 3, and 5 should be enough to tell you that it is not. In any case, it is a wonderfully biased account of events.
Sailor Jerry wrote:(1) Blake Judge doesn't really do anything at all.
(2) Thesp attempts to start a bandwagon because of the apparent 'scumminess' of (1).
(3) Thesp attempts to goad me into jumping onto the bandwagon.
(4) I admit I don't really get why he's voting Blake Judge.
(5) Thesp fingers me for not jumping on a bandwagon that I really don't think has a base.
I like my vote.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:33 am

Post by JDodge »

Unvote, Vote: Sailor Jerry
for the reasons Thesp stated.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Foolster41 »

SJ:
Could you please tell me why you think I'm scum?
Also, considering how much I've been posting it seems alful crass to cite me not posting in TWO DAYS as a sign of me lurking and such.

MOD: votecount please
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

[quote=Foolster41]
Also, considering how much I've been posting it seems alful crass to cite me not posting in TWO DAYS as a sign of me lurking and such.
[/quote]

Why? I'm not saying that you lurk all the time.

I'm just pointing out that you've avoided this thread completely since the spotlight went on you, despite the fact that you've been online a lot. And I think that's pretty scummy.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:12 am

Post by mole »

Okay, so now chamber and Foolster lurking is scummy, but Blake Judge lurking isn't.

Please explain why I shouldn't vote for you.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:16 am

Post by VitaminR »

Sailor Jerry wrote:Why? I'm not saying that you lurk all the time.

I'm just pointing out that you've avoided this thread completely since the spotlight went on you, despite the fact that you've been online a lot. And I think that's pretty scummy.
Eh? The last vote for Foolster was at the top of page 2. Look at page 2 and 3. There is basically a post of Foolster's in every 3 or 4 posts. If he's avoided the thread at all, it was when the spotlight was off him, in the last couple of days when there hasn't been much to discuss.
BeHappyNewyear
BeHappyNewyear
Goon
BeHappyNewyear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 am

Post by BeHappyNewyear »

Now
THIS
is more like it.
Sailor Jerry wrote:
Foolster41 wrote: Also, considering how much I've been posting it seems alful crass to cite me not posting in TWO DAYS as a sign of me lurking and such.
Why? I'm not saying that you lurk all the time.

Now, I would just like to point something out. Between pages 2 and 3 (Feb. 8th and 11th for those keeping score at home.) you yourself took a break from the game. During that same time (and I counted) you made a total of 37 posts in different threads. And, if I know Mafia as much as I'm supposed to, hypocrisy tends to be a scum tell, right?
Vote: Sailor Jerry.
If you came here expecting anything even remotely resembling that of a signature, you are sadly mistaken...
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

I did a quick count and I believe
vote: Salor jerry
makes it 4/7 on SJ.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Blake Judge
Blake Judge
Townie
Blake Judge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Blake Judge »

Wow, I find this bandwagon against SJ hard to understand. Thesp seems to have started this with the accusation that he withheld useful information about my behaviour in the
one
game on this site, even though he passed on everything he knew about me in that first post. Thesp was incredibly eager to put suspicion on SJ for no reason I can discern, and SJ's behaviour seems a lot more reasonable to me.

Strong FOS: Thesp

And my next observation is that JDodge seemed happy to sidle in and attach himself to Thesp's logic while offering nothing himself. This is a scum tactic I've frequently seen, and any instance of voting without adding anything to the conversation needs to be discouraged.

FOS: JDodge

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”