Mini 405 - GAME OVER on a Loveboat - THE SHIP GOES DOWN!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Skruffs »

Oh. Well. ...
I can't refute that logic. Actutally, I should be use to it by now, I always come accross as 'odd' in the beginning of games. I can't explain it myself but I assure you, I'm harmless.

DAS, nice loaded question there. :D
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:09 am

Post by ac1983fan »

You're "harmless"? Is that code for "vanilla townie"? Or does it simply mean you aren't a killing role...
But maybe you're trying to get me to think that, but you're really mafia. Gah! I always overthink or underthink mafia.
unvote
Not a dayvig.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:02 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Skruffs wrote:You've been around for a year and five months, why would your database be only a month old?
Cheesefan wrote:I belive he meant that he hadnt updated it for a month
bingo!
davidangelsummers wrote:
LBr
ai
n
yep
Br
ai
n you had no quote selected ...Which of these if any are you answering?
whom exactly are you talking to here? i think you're talking to me, but you spelled my name wrong, so i'm not sure...
Skruffs wrote:You should explain yourself instead of just saying stuff
QFT
ac1983fan wrote:i dont really know why, you just are
:roll:

unvote
vote: ac1983fan

VC, mod?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:22 am

Post by massive »

My, but you're a bunch of unintelligible cats. Evidently there's been a whole new Mafia language developed since last time I played.

At this time, I'd like to follow LyingBrian and
vote ac1983fan
, not for the OMGUS reasons that, uh, I THINK he did, but for this:
ac1983fan wrote:You're "harmless"? Is that code for "vanilla townie"? Or does it simply mean you aren't a killing role...
Innocently fishing for information: Scum behavior since 1979.[/quote]
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Your wish is my command...

LyingBrian (2) - Y.C., kilmenator
ac1983fan (2) - LyingBrian, massive
Y.C. (1) - Akbar
Akbar (1) - wicked
massive (1) - Cheesefan
cdogg85 (1) - davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers (1) - nardran
wicked (1) - Skruffs

not voting (2) - ac1983fan, cdogg85
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Skruffs »

I have hesitations about this game, having just noticed the mods signature... "come and visit my under water world"... where exactly is the loveboat *heading*....

in other news...
LyingBrian wrote:@Skruffs
for not knowing that PookyTheMagicalBear is the longest name of all (at least in my database which is only 1 month old)
I ... don't... see how it can be read to mean it hasn't been updated in the last month... but it's not a big deal. I'll take your word for it. Let's not mention that name again, lest we summon the infernal beast >.>

I recently learned QFT means "Quoted for truth" and not "Quit F@%ing Talking" like I originally thought. Nice to be playing with you, Massive - when did you last play?

Not sure what to say about 1983's fishing, I guess I didn't see it as that but it's possible. I thought it was more 'WIFOMing himself' on the first page. :D
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:02 am

Post by ac1983fan »

what? why am I being voted against? I'm not trying to fish, I was trying to be funny. It might look like I'm scum, but I'm not. I also am really bad at explaining things, skruffs just seemed really supicious at the time. (yes, I'm spelling suspicious wrong on purpose, to be funny). So sorry if i came across as scum. I'm not, however, going to vote for either of u two for voting me, because I honestly believe that you guys are town and not mafia.
Not a dayvig.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:19 am

Post by LyingBrian »

ac1983fan wrote:what? why am I being voted against? I'm not trying to fish, I was trying to be funny. It might look like I'm scum, but I'm not. I also am really bad at explaining things, skruffs just seemed really supicious at the time. (yes, I'm spelling suspicious wrong on purpose, to be funny). So sorry if i came across as scum. I'm not, however, going to vote for either of u two for voting me,
because I honestly believe that you guys are town and not mafia.
*emphasis added

confirm vote: ac1983fan

this post is WAY too defensive IMO... it could be b/c he's a n00b, or it could be b/c he's scum... my original vote was based on a hunch, but this post confirms my gut... the bolded part especially feels like he's trying to appeal to us on an emotional level...

@ac1983fan

proclaiming you're not scum is not going to convince us, sorry...
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Akbar »

LyingBrian wrote:proclaiming you're not scum is not going to convince us, sorry...
It looks like your trying to pressure a roleclaim from a townie. Definately not protown behavior.

unvote:Vote LyingBrian
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Skruffs »

Unvote

And how do you know he's a townie?
vote : Akbar
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Akbar »

Skruffs wrote:
Unvote

I don't know anyone's affiliation. But, being he's fairly new, like myself, he's more likely town. You on the other hand, being fairly experienced, are more likely not. Not vanilla anyway.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Akbar »

Akbar wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
Unvote

I don't know anyone's affiliation. But, being he's fairly new, like myself, he's more likely town. You on the other hand, being fairly experienced, are more likely not. Not vanilla anyway.
Crap, there goes that defense. I just made Goon. :lol:
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

That is definitely a stroke of ill-timing. :)

It's interesting that LB voted 1983 for 'fishing' and then while explaining why you are voting for LB, you kinda 'fished', yourself, a bit.

Then again, being on a boat, I guess that's to be expected!!
:D
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Skruffs wrote:Then again, being on a boat, I guess that's to be expected!!
:D
unvote, Vote:Skruffs

That joke needs some kind of punishment:P
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:58 am

Post by kilmenator »

Akbar wrote: I don't know anyone's affiliation. But, being he's fairly new, like myself, he's more likely town. You on the other hand, being fairly experienced, are more likely not. Not vanilla anyway.
i dont buy this logic of someone more liekly being scum because of the amount of play, everyone has an equal chance of being scum whether or not they are newb or not. i also didnt like how you brought yourself into it, implying that you were more likely town because you were newb too.
unvote, vote:akbar

by the way, skruffs, i liked the joke... unlike cheesefan obviously!
FOS: Cheesefan
for not liking the joke...

but lying brian is still not off the hook in my mind... :D
wicked
wicked
Goon
wicked
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by wicked »

Akbar wrote: I don't know anyone's affiliation. But, being he's fairly new, like myself, he's more likely town. You on the other hand, being fairly experienced, are more likely not. Not vanilla anyway.
Seems like a bit of backpedalling there by akbar?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Thanks kilmenator. Nice avatar, by the way.
For the record, I've only been playing on here for eight months or so. :) I've completed a few games, I'm in the twilight zone between newbie and experienced. Which sucks, because I'm experience enough to know I'm not very experienced at all. :P

I dunno if Akbar should be lynched for just that little comment buuuut.. if one scum just got caught badly defending another... we're still a good ways away from having to worry about that for now.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

Akbar wrote:It looks like your trying to pressure a roleclaim from a townie. Definately not protown behavior.
nope, just trying to help a n00b, plus if he's going to roleclaim w/ only 2 votes on him, then he's even more n00bish than i'm giving him credit for...
Akbar wrote:But, being he's fairly new, like myself, he's more likely town. You on the other hand, being fairly experienced, are more likely not. Not vanilla anyway.
*cough*craplogic*cough*
Skruffs wrote:It's interesting that LB voted 1983 for 'fishing'
where did i ever say this?.. nowhere...
Skruffs wrote:Nice avatar, by the way.
QFT

waiting to hear back from ac1983fan before i move my vote...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:04 pm

Post by Skruffs »

no, that was in reference to massive's post.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:03 am

Post by ac1983fan »

*sigh* maybe i'm going through this all wrong. Should i have played more then one newbie game before starting to play others? cause now in both my games people think i'm scum.
Not a dayvig.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:11 am

Post by Akbar »

@Kilmenator I probably shouldn't being using "out of game logic" but its true. Most mods don't trust their cool roles with new players. That's my personal experience anyway. ac1983fan looks like a townie being pressured into RC by LB. Now Skruffs has pounced on me, saying I'm fishing by voting against fishing!
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:30 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Skruffs

you did say, LB, though... but, whatever...

@ac1983fan

part of me feels for you, really it does... it's understood that you move onto the bigger games once you have the hang of how the game works... this game may not have been the best next step, b/c there are all sorts of possible setups that you may not be familiar with, but then again, the only way to really learn is to jump in w/ both feet... interesting, i just finished up reading your 1 completed game on this site... you were scum, and it was a short game, so based on that, i have absolutely no read on you... i would suggest a couple more newbie games, just to help w/ strategy & catching scum...

@Akbar

any mod who doesn't distribute their roles randomly, should be burned at the stake!!! it goes against the whole concept of Mafia, at least from my understanding... do you have any specific examples where Sailor Jerry has distributed his roles in a manner other than by random?.. if the answer is no, then your point is invalid, as it is my understanding that it is understood that roles are to be distributed randomly...
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:07 am

Post by ac1983fan »

*sigh* i don't know what to do now.
Not a dayvig.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Roles were distibuted randomly.

I thank you.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

AC, traditionally, when I am in a situation where it looks like I am going to get lynched, I start asking questions and generating discussion. If you are in deed townie, than the way people react to what you say might help the rest of the townies later on. If you are scum, you can tell by who talks to you adn who avoids for you, sometimes, who is scum. I mean all a vanilla townie has is his wits and his vote. Are you a vanilla townie? I have no idea and I am not inferring that you are or are not. That's why I like to start games off with flavor, you can get a feel for people that way. Or at least I can. It can help if you end up in an endgame and you don't know which one is mafia and which one is townie and you have to choose. I hate that. :P

And yes, Akbar, I *POUNCED*! :D Actually I just noticed what massive said about 1983 'fishing' for my role, and then in your post, you kinda restarted that line of thinking, sayign that I was more likely not town or not vanilla. I guess I let the first one slide, but kinda took more notice of the second time. :)

Don't worry, though, my vote is fickle. I'll probaly be moving it to someone else when a better reason comes up. But I *am* noting the twin defense ploy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”