Newbie 304 - Sheepish Mafia (GAME OVER!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Patrick »

Raging Rabbit, I also didn't see a real drop in confidence, though for all I know it could have happened (unable to read Thok's mind at this time of day). At the top of page 10 he did make an allowance for the pair of you both being pro town and misunderstanding each other, but he had already said something of the kind earlier on.

Meanwhile Thok, please answer my question about Pinky, asked for the third time now. It can't be wholly irrelevant. Then explain in anything inbetween 1-10000 words why you think spectrumvoid and I (or Moohawk) may be scum together. Spectrumvoid gave me a pro town vibe to start with, which has since disappeared because of the lack of content since I came in (last 3 days excused since she's been away). Oh and then please join me in
Vote: Deadline extension.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Raffles »

More for other's sake than mine but...

vote: deadline extension
Woof!
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Patrick wrote:Raging Rabbit, I also didn't see a real drop in confidence, though for all I know it could have happened (unable to read Thok's mind at this time of day). At the top of page 10 he did make an allowance for the pair of you both being pro town and misunderstanding each other, but he had already said something of the kind earlier on.
Mind backing that up with a quote for me, since I'm honestly not that sure on this?

Vote: DE.
Duh.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Patrick »

Thok post 173 wrote:After all, it is possible we could be both be protown, and I could simply be misinterpretting your intentions. If you answer my questions and defend yourself well, I might be convinced to change my mind. But your default reaction to my attacks is to call my attacks weak and to start attacking me in return.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I feel this sentence is both a blatant misrepresantaion (ignoring the fact that I
was
defending myself, and since he now seems to no longer suspect me I must've been doing a fairly good job), and in perfect accordance with Mr. Confident. The first sentece is sort of a throwaway comment to make my "OMGUSy attacks" and my "lack of a good defence" look scummier.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Thok »

Actually, the first statement is an attempt to smack you with a fish so you might see possibilities other than the "Thok is scum attacking you violently" and to try to make you think if there might be protown reasons for my line of play.

My reason for backing off RR has little to do with the quality of his defense (especially since he's been recently bringing up things like "Thok's changed his tone" which is behavioral and not logical as he claimed) and more to do with the quantity of posts/gut.

Basically I've decided RR is a massively overzealous townie rather than OMGUSing scum, especially since he's decided to make a thread about his change in playstyle.

@Patrick-I would think my recent votes would give an implicit answer to the question of what I think about your comments about Pinky. I'm willing to accept that is her normal playstyle enough to look at other possible scum groups.

Part of my reason at looking at an SV/Patrick playstyle is that I've decided to go back to my initial suspicions for a moment; SV reactions to JB votes suggest a connection as do your reaction to SV votes.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Raffles »

[quote="Raffles"] I have two questions for Thok
a) -deleted-
b) If you were to place your vote [i]now[/i], who would it be? [/quote]

If these square brackets don' come put right, I'll be really, [i]really[/i], annoyed...
Woof!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Patrick »

Thok wrote:Part of my reason at looking at an SV/Patrick playstyle is that I've decided to go back to my initial suspicions for a moment; SV reactions to JB votes suggest a connection as do your reaction to SV votes.
SV made a vote for Pinky, which was initially attacked, but which you later agreed was reasonable. I pointed out, fairly reasonably I think, that she had been hanging at 3 votes for a while based on little. I don't see how you've made a connection unless you are happy to connect any people that have defended each other at some point in the game, in which case you would have alot of possible scumgroups going around. Is there some point where you think I've unreasonably defended spectrumvoid or she has unreasonably defended me?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:59 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Thok wrote:Actually, the first statement is an attempt to smack you with a fish so you might see possibilities other than the "Thok is scum attacking you violently" and to try to make you think if there might be protown reasons for my line of play.
Why were you blatantly diregarding my defence in the sentence that immediatly follows, then? Even if you don't like it, IT EXISTS. DEAL.
Thok wrote:(especially since he's been recently bringing up things like "Thok's changed his tone" which is behavioral and not logical as he claimed)
Thok just changed his tone again, this used to really amuse you and make you think me similar to dear EmpTyger who you kept getting in fights with when you where
"both pro town".

Also, while Da Infallible RR currently believe in logic over behavior, that DOESN'T MEAN HE DISREGARDS BEHAVIOR ENTIRELY. He'd also like to politely request a full reply to Analysis-a-la-Thok again.
Thok wrote:Basically I've decided RR is a massively overzealous townie rather than OMGUSing scum, especially since he's decided to make a thread about his change in playstyle.
While I'm not denaying that's a possibility, I may remind you that the strategy thread idea was originally Patrick's. Also, in the future, lets try to keep my thread and this game completely and in all ways separate, k?
Thok wrote:@Patrick-I would think my recent votes would give an implicit answer to the question of what I think about your comments about Pinky. I'm willing to accept that is her normal playstyle enough to look at other possible scum groups.

Part of my reason at looking at an SV/Patrick playstyle is that I've decided to go back to my initial suspicions for a moment; SV reactions to JB votes suggest a connection as do your reaction to SV votes.
I'd really like you to further explain yourself on this please, since at the moment I'm afraid I'm not seeing your point.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm back. Give me a while to read.
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by Thok »

@Raffles-I'm currently voting SV. Happy with that at the moment.
Raging Rabbit wrote:
Thok wrote:Actually, the first statement is an attempt to smack you with a fish so you might see possibilities other than the "Thok is scum attacking you violently" and to try to make you think if there might be protown reasons for my line of play.
Why were you blatantly diregarding my defence in the sentence that immediatly follows, then? Even if you don't like it, IT EXISTS. DEAL.
I was not disregarding your defense; I was asking you to repeat it/embellish it instead of OMGUS attacking me. Half of mafia is finding scum; the other half is convincing people that you are right. I was asking you to further convince me that I misinterpreted your intentions, since I wasn't convinced by what you had already written.

Here's two fun exercises for you.

1. Can you find a post of yours that is an immediate response to one of my posts where you don't FOS me, attack me, or claim I'm using bad logic? Can you find a post immediately following mine where you actually respond to what I'm saying? I don't mean just calling my words misrepresentations, but actually explaining why they are misrepresentation. (I'll give you the post where you put up all of Pinky's posts, although I don't think you've looked at those as closely as possible.)

2. List some people you think are scum if I'm protown.

You've basically gotten stuck on the "Thok is scum" mentality and haven't really considered anybody else (with the possible exception of MooHawk, but he's gone on your back burner compared to me).
Thok wrote:(especially since he's been recently bringing up things like "Thok's changed his tone" which is behavioral and not logical as he claimed)
Thok just changed his tone again, this used to really amuse you and make you think me similar to dear EmpTyger who you kept getting in fights with when you where
"both pro town".

Also, while Da Infallible RR currently believe in logic over behavior, that DOESN'T MEAN HE DISREGARDS BEHAVIOR ENTIRELY. He'd also like to politely request a full reply to Analysis-a-la-Thok again.
So, you are changing your tone on Logic versus Behavior? I'm seriously tempted to ask you to go through your posts and ask you to do a self PBPA. Although I wonder if you have the ability to see the similarities between some of the things you are accusing me of, and some of the things you are actually doing. (If I'm bored, I might do this later, for fun.)

As for EmpTyger, don't make assumptions on why I'm comparing him to you. There are differences between you and him.

I'll get to your analysis-a-la-Thok. But I don't want this game to become a massive quote war between us, which will bore to death the other people in the game. (Raffles has already complained about your sentence by sentence responses to other's posts.)
Thok wrote:Basically I've decided RR is a massively overzealous townie rather than OMGUSing scum, especially since he's decided to make a thread about his change in playstyle.
While I'm not denaying that's a possibility, I may remind you that the strategy thread idea was originally Patrick's. Also, in the future, lets try to keep my thread and this game completely and in all ways separate, k?
Hey, I'll use what info I want to use. If I decide to throw a kitchen sink at you, I will. You made that thread a relevant point of analysis in this game by making it and by mentioning the topic in thread. Unless you want me to ignore one of the arguments I'm using to think you are protown. Do you want me to keep attacking you? :P
Thok wrote:@Patrick-I would think my recent votes would give an implicit answer to the question of what I think about your comments about Pinky. I'm willing to accept that is her normal playstyle enough to look at other possible scum groups.

I'd really like you to further explain yourself on this please, since at the moment I'm afraid I'm not seeing your point.
I could see SV's vote on Pinky as a way to form a counterwagon to the JB wagon that was forming early in the game; that could be an attempt to try to save a hypothetical scum partner. Patrick returned the favor in response to my vote for SV.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by Mgm »

Deadline in two days.
Feel free to nag at me if I don't post a vote count in the next 12 hours.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:26 pm

Post by Raffles »

hmm we need one more voting for DE...
Woof!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Patrick »

I agree, someone else needs to vote deadline extension. Thok, could you please reply to my last post.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Mgm »

I already extended the deadline with a week as more than half the players requested it. More requests won't mean the extension gets longer.
Show
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Patrick »

There's no good reason not to extend it. Deadlines are for when a town isn't discussing, and needs galvanising into action. This is clearly not the case here. All the deadline will do here is to force us into a half baked lynch. There's no reason for it to exist at all.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Patrick wrote:There's no good reason not to extend it. Deadlines are for when a town isn't discussing, and needs galvanising into action. This is clearly not the case here. All the deadline will do here is to force us into a half baked lynch. There's no reason for it to exist at all.
QFT

Full reply to Thok coming later, for now I'll just say I'm extremely fed up with his pretenious attitude and that his attack on my playstyle is completely irrelevant to his own alignment. I also believe his cynical use of my strategy thread is flat out unethical.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:09 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

vote: deadline extension

Mod: The only reason a game needs a deadline is when there is no discussion. This is not the case. I don't even think we have a unanimous tarhet yet, so rushing a lynch in 2 days isn't going to help.

While it's true that RR has less-than-satisfactory responses towards Thok's posts, the accusation that RR has concentrated solely on Thok doesn't stand. I did a simple skim of RR's posts to confirm this.

I'm going to reread the entire game to get a better look. Might have missed out something important.
Blank.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Mgm »

I might reconsider an extension, but you lot have to give me more than a mere 4 votes in around 5 pages and in even more days. Discussion can't go on forever.

Vote count

Pinky (2): spectrumvoid, Raffles
spectrumvoid (2): Pinky, Thok
Raging Rabbit (1): Moohawk
Thok (1): Raging Rabbit
Raffles (0): -
Patrick (0): -
Moohawk (0): -
Show
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Patrick »

Hmm? What does number of votes have to do with it? We can have plenty of useful discussion without throwing votes around.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Raffles »

Flip side of that coin would be you'll never be able to 100% identify who is a scum on the first day, as with all mafia games.

However, if anything gets people closer to conclusion, it is more discussion. I get a vibe that half the people aren't even remotely sure who to vote for...
Woof!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Thok »

vote deadline extension
(should have done this earlier, as day isn't anywhere close to ending. Clearly extra votes won't hurt.)
Raging Rabbit wrote:Full reply to Thok coming later, for now I'll just say I'm extremely fed up with his pretenious attitude and that his attack on my playstyle is completely irrelevant to his own alignment. I also believe his cynical use of my strategy thread is flat out unethical.
I've probably been too hard on you throughout the site. I apologize for that. If you wish to complain about our fights in other threads, feel free to yell at me in a PM.

That said, analyzing your playstyle gives people a direct insight into whether or not you are scum. And that indirectly gives people an insight into whether or not I am scum.

As for my comments being unethical, all's fair in love, war, and mafia. If it was really an issue, I'd have been modkilled/replaced already.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Raffles »

Pinky... I still see nothing coming out of your keyboard...
Woof!
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I was not disregarding your defense; I was asking you to repeat it/embellish it instead of OMGUS attacking me. Half of mafia is finding scum; the other half is convincing people that you are right. I was asking you to further convince me that I misinterpreted your intentions, since I wasn't convinced by what you had already written.

Here's two fun exercises for you.

1. Can you find a post of yours that is an immediate response to one of my posts where you don't FOS me, attack me, or claim I'm using bad logic? Can you find a post immediately following mine where you actually respond to what I'm saying? I don't mean just calling my words misrepresentations, but actually explaining why they are misrepresentation. (I'll give you the post where you put up all of Pinky's posts, although I don't think you've looked at those as closely as possible.)

2. List some people you think are scum if I'm protown.

You've basically gotten stuck on the "Thok is scum" mentality and haven't really considered anybody else (with the possible exception of MooHawk, but he's gone on your back burner compared to me).
This is the only part of that post that isn't just patronizing me, though there's no lack of that here as well.
1. I feel I explained all me defences in the best way I possibly could, and you haven't replied to my analysis of your attack where I explain this again.
2. Pinky, obviously.
3. As Patrick already said, that's simply false. Your allowed to have a main suspicion.
4. I feel your patronizing approach to me in and out of this game is a clear attempt to get myself\others to lose confidence in my case against you. Regardless of your actual alignment, I find that very unethical.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Raffles »

Reply to the point 4 -
To be fair though, that is the ugly sister of a debate. It's how you try to win others opinions, not necessarily by logical argument but through persuasion. You want to keep it out of a debate, but you can't have a debate without it. Speaking of which - aren't you guilty of trying to do this too?
Woof!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”