Mini 399 - Meets His Maker Mafia - GAME OVER!

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Yamahako »

Bleh I didn't mean to hammer, but I stand by it :-/
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Quagmire »

inHim is lynched!

He was
Amare Thompson.

He was
evil.

It's night 3! Choices please!
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Oh, shoot. I'm sorry.

This game is over. I thought there were others in it that could protect but I forgot that they died.

Yamahako and Atticus (both mafia) win!

Roles and choices and stuff coming up soon.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by IH »

So we had one mislynch, and otherwise good play, and still lost?

= (
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Yamahako »

No offense Quag but I was so confused in this game :( I didn't even have a win condition - I wasn't even sure I was mafia LOL

But it was super fun!
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 2:02 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

IH wrote:So we had one mislynch, and otherwise good play, and still lost?

= (
That's pretty sad! I was told Pooky was in trouble, and was nervous, because of another woman, and asked what I wanted to do. I said, "kill her!" But then it turns out that woman was Adele.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 2:03 am

We killed 3 bad guys, and still there are two alive?!?!?!
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Hello, Alberto Roberti. You’re the big, bad don of this town with your smooth, suave Italian look, and your hair just as slick as your face. Your Steven Seagal-like manner places you as the head mafia don in these parts, and your “wife”, Delta Robers (XXXXXX), who you married simply to help cover yourself as a normal suburban person. Because of this image you need to project, you are going to go by leaps and bounds to save the marriage. Some notable things about you:

-You cannot get killed, blocked, or investigated at all at night.
-At any night, you can choose to bring Delta with you to your secret hideout (the place you go to in night two that nobody knows) instead of make a kill. If you do that, you don’t get to make a kill that night, but you’re insured that nothing will happen to you and Delta.
-If you make a kill during the night, you may NOT talk with Delta during the night about who to kill. You, and you alone do the killing.
-Pierre Macilve, your old mafia partner, has escaped somewhere in the town to a life of solitude. If you find him in some way or another, you may choose to bring him back into your mafia group.
-If you decide to kill, you must kill during Stage 1 of night.
-Rule #5 in the New Rules section doesn’t apply to you. If you are killing someone, you must give me a NAME.

PM to confirm.

I found my partner - Atticus/Dragyn Mage - but that meant I had to kill, or disassociate with my wife - I chose to disassociate with her - and she died that night anyway.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:10 am

Post by Atticus »

Michael “Pierre” Thatcher – you’ve led the last four years of your life in exile from every policeman that’s had your warrant for arrest. You’re in so much exile, you’ve changed your name from Pierre to Michael Thatcher. You’re waiting on contact from your mafia don buddy to come get you – but until then, expect to be in the shadows.

You’re a traitor.

NOTE: THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PM THAT WAS SENT TO DRAGYN_MAGE. Since then, you have been picked up by Alfonso Roberghi, played by Yamahako. You are now in a mafia partnership with him.
My lyncher claim, (which I'm pretty proud of), had nothing to do with my actual role. I didn't see anything in my role that I could use for a claim, like Yamahako did, so I made one up.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Atticus »

I also think there were two mafia groups? I think Twito may have been aligned with me.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Yamahako »

Must have been because I didnt know about any of the others - I didn't even know Chamber was mafia
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Atticus »

I'm not sure how proud I am of this win. The town pretty uch wasn't allowed to make a mistake.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Yamahako »

I really wanna see what the rest of the set-up was..
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Quagmire »

OK. I made a few critical errors in creating this game, I realize.

1) I made the setup slightly unbalanced.
2) I made the setup so that not everyone had an equal chance of coming away with the win. In other words, I could have balanced it better in order to give everyone an equal shot at winning.

The setup is coming in the next post. To sum it up, there basically was:

1 mafioso, who was in two separate mafia groups (one of the groups couldn't kill at night).
1 mafioso in Mafia Group 1 (who could kill).
1 mafioso in Mafia Group 2 (who couldn't kill, but instead, only send to the hospital except for certain roles).
1 Serial Killer.
1 Mafia Traitor (which, obviously made for an easy and very realistic potential of 5 evil roles in a 12 person game; also, the traitor went to the group who could kill. This role was one of my big errors, I think).
1 Tracker.
1 Mason who could choose which person he wanted to be a mason with throughout the night.
2 masons who just had to sit and wait to see if they could be masons with each other that night.
1 Dead Role Cop.
1 "Journalist".
1 Doctor.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Quagmire »

Good evening, Delta Roberts (played by chamber/now a ranger/Jalyn). You certainly lead a life of intrigue. In the town, you’re known to be in a relationship with ALBERTO ROBERTI (yamahako), the local hotshot Italian slickster. His sexy, suave persona used to swipe you off of your feet – and then he got himself involved with the local mob dealing coke and stretching his territory across the entire city. You are a part of the mafia with Alberto, played by Yamahako. A couple of quick notes about your mafia partnership with Alberto:
-Alberto does all of the killing.
-One of the nights, Alberto can choose to protect you (he will be notified of this) by sending you to someone’s house to act as a save haven so that you don’t get targeted or known that you’ve traveled to that house. Only Alberto gets to make this choice and he cannot discuss this with you.

However, there is one big secret among you: Since Alberto’s recent stint with the mob has turned him from passionate lover to focused mobster, you have went and found yourself a secret sex toy. That person is TYNER BROTOGUARD. You are in a second mafia partnership with Tyner (played by Twito) completely separate from Alberto. If he finds out about this relationship with Tyner, the both of you die and you lose (even if Alberto wins). A couple of quick notes about your mafia partnership with Tyner:
-Neither you nor Tyner has the ability to kill at night.
-During the night, you may choose to go over to Tyner’s house. This is the only time that you can ever speak to him outside of the game. However, if you go to Tyner’s the same night that Alberto decides to protect you, you get caught. You cannot get killed at Tyner’s house.

Whew…anyways, to sum up. You are mafia with Yamahako and in a separate mafia group with Twito.

Confirm by PM.

Hello, Alberto Roberti (Yamahako). You’re the big, bad don of this town with your smooth, suave Italian look, and your hair just as slick as your face. Your Steven Seagal-like manner places you as the head mafia don in these parts, and your “wife”, Delta Robers (chamber), who you married simply to help cover yourself as a normal suburban person. Because of this image you need to project, you are going to go by leaps and bounds to save the marriage. Some notable things about you:

-You cannot get killed, blocked, or investigated at all at night.
-At any night, you can choose to bring Delta with you to your secret hideout (the place you go to in night two that nobody knows) instead of make a kill. If you do that, you don’t get to make a kill that night, but you’re insured that nothing will happen to you and Delta.
-If you make a kill during the night, you may NOT talk with Delta during the night about who to kill. You, and you alone do the killing.
-Pierre Macilve, your old mafia partner, has escaped somewhere in the town to a life of solitude. If you find him in some way or another, you may choose to bring him back into your mafia group.
-If you decide to kill, you must kill during Stage 1 of night.
-Rule #5 in the New Rules section doesn’t apply to you. If you are killing someone, you must give me a NAME.

PM to confirm.

Hello, Tamara Galloway (played by POTS). You’re in a relationship with Aaron Bannister (played by PookyTheMagicalBear). You are masons with him, although he says that because of his night job and ridiculous working hours, he sometimes randomly has to work night shifts at the hospital. When he gets called upon to go work the night shift, you may not speak with him. On nights where he is home, you may speak with him as any other night.

...And I'm counting you as confirmed, like you said.

Good evening, Aaron Bannister (Pooky). You’re in a relationship with Tamara Galloway (played by Penguins of the Serengeti). However, she remains idle during the day and you have no desire for her anymore. During the night, you and her are masons with each other if you decide to stay at home. What you do desire, however, is your secret lover, Erica Amundson. Some quick notes about her:

-You do not know who she is.
-If you decide to go over to her house, you cannot speak with Tamara, and you cannot be killed.
-If you and Erica ever get discovered, Tamara will kill the both of you.
-If you do decide to go over to Erica’s, you must do this during Part 1 of Night.

Ah, hello, Lawrence Prestegard (ShadowLurker). I see that you’re the owner of the local morgue. With the responsibility of taking care of dead bodies, you make sure that whatever the dead person has in his or her pockets are removed. One of the things that you’ve always noticed over the years is that the loved ones of the dead never fail to take all of their possessions away before giving the body to you. You’ve found everything over the years – money, notes, credit cards, and even a gun. This is the only reason you like your job.
Each night, assuming a person is dead, you may take that body and prepare it for the funeral. In doing this, you get to investigate that body’s clothing and such and find out what has been forgotten to be taken out. You tell me who to investigate, and I’ll tell you what you find in the pockets.
However, you cannot reveal this to everybody, because that could mean your death if you have something that may incriminate someone else. To combat this, you request the help of the journalist in the town to use you as an anonymous source to get that information out there.
So that you understand the way the nights work, let me recommend you a course of action. Say that you investigate a body on the first part of the night; assuming that I give you a result on the end of night one, you may use the second part of the night to call up the journalist.

Hey, Amare Thomspon (klebian/inHimshallibe). What’s up?
Your constant desire for material possessions and your greed for power has corrupted you into one of the most feared and intimidating figures around town. Not because of your silly greed, obviously; your passion for it is what sends people into a frenzy if your name is mentioned. You are the local serial killer. A couple of things:

-You cannot get killed, blocked, or investigated throughout the night.
-If you decide to kill, you must do it during Stage 1 of Night.

Hello, Dana Florent (Panzerjager). You’re the local journalist – investigating stories to put on headlines in the local newspaper. Remember, you’re a journalist – NOT a cop. Here is your job description:

-During the day, you may choose to disengage yourself from the town’s activities to investigate that something went on during the night. For example, say that someone got sent to the hospital that night. You can remove yourself from the scene and inquire the person on what happened to them that night.
-At night, you may send two newspaper headlines to me, and they will get displayed in the local paper. These headlines must be the result of an investigation the previous day. There is no hinting at your role or name.
-Someone may call upon you and force you to investigate something. However, I will PM you if/when this happens.

Tyner Brotoguard (Twito). You’re kind of new to this place, and you’re still attempting to find your niche by going to the local clubs and spots. There, you spotted a flambuoyant Delta Roberts, who you instantly picked up in your lonely and drunken attempt to fulfill the gap in your life since you’ve entered this city. You’re starting to give into your corruption temptation, so you picked up this lonely woman and swooned her to try and force yourself into a generic figure of the city. Except you’re not fully there yet.

You are Mafia with Delta Roberts (played by chamber). Much to your dismay, it’s been recently found out to you that she’s actually married to Alberto Roberghi, so your time with her depends on her getting away from him.
In the game, this means that you can’t talk to her during the night unless she comes to you. To cope with your boredom if/when she doesn’t, you MUST go out and kill. When she goes to your house, you cannot kill, you both are protected from any night kills, and you can talk with Delta.

Delta, by the way, is chamber.

Good luck!

Michael “Pierre” Thatcher (draygn_mage/Atticus) – you’ve led the last four years of your life in exile from every policeman that’s had your warrant for arrest. You’re in so much exile, you’ve changed your name from Pierre to Michael Thatcher. You’re waiting on contact from your mafia don buddy to come get you – but until then, expect to be in the shadows.

You’re a traitor.

Hi, Erica Amundson (Adele). You’re *close* to being one of the only people in this city who has a hint of normalcy. You don’t really do too much – during the day, you exist – and nothing more; at night, you stay awake and hope for your man, Aaron Bannister (PookyTheMagicalBear) to come visit you for...well, you know. Sometimes he has to work, and sometimes he can get off and come see you.

Pretty much, you guys are masons, but only when he comes and visits you. Also, when he visits you, neither of you can get killed during the night.

PM to confirm!

Hi, Patricia Highlander (IH). All the corruption in this city is unacceptable, obviously – it’s just much too bad that you’re the only force out there to stop it. I mean, even the police are pigs!

What do you do to try and stop it? You follow people around so that you can alert those more powerful to stop it.

During the night, you can choose to follow somebody around and see where they go to. To be discreet and protect yourself, you must remain in the shadows, so you can’t see exactly what the person is doing at the other person’s home. You can, however, call other people and let them know that something is going on if they want to check it out.
Some important numbers to remember:
555-1781 is the newspaper
555-4344 is the doctor
555-0100 is the morgue

Hi, Dr. Gordon Lancaster (ChannelDelibird)! You’re a stressed doctor on call for shifts whenever trauma cases in the city get much too high. You really have no set hours, but you can go in whenever you want. You are not a normal doctor in the sense that you can protect somebody, but a doctor in a more realistic sense. For example:

-You may get a call in the middle of the night to go save somebody who just got rushed to the hospital. You can choose to be lazy and pessimistic, and not answer the call (because, after all, can the person really be worth saving?), or answer the call, and hopefully bring that person back to a better life.
-If, during any period of the game (night 1, night 2, day), you see somebody in the hospital, and you’d like to help them out, you can remove yourself from the town and go to the hospital and try and save them. You might not want to do that, either, because they may get out of the hospital safely anyways – you might end up doing work for nothing if that happens.

Also, you cannot get killed during the night. Good luck!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Atticus »

So, Quag, was or was I not aligned with Twito?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:36 am

I think the second we became 5 evil against 7 town, the game was lost to the town and there was nothing we could do. We would have needed 5 days with 5 perfect lynches.

The 3-mason group being really odd, we ended up suspecting each other.

"If you and Erica ever get discovered, Tamara will kill the both of you." so two masons could be killed! Another strike against the town. It didn't happen, but if it had, the game could have started out 5 on 5!

I myself ended up killing a mason, because I received a PM telling me that Pooky was very nervous, and asking me what to do. I said to kill the person making Pooky nervous, hoping to slay a mafioso. Instead, I struck down Adele, a townie! Yet another way the town was crippled.

While I liked the intrigue, in retrospect, we were playing a game with a foregone conclusion.

And then... Pooky's and Adele's PM did specifically say "Mason" after all!!! Liars!!!

Also, there was no hope that Pooky ever visit me, since visiting Adele he'd be protected from night kill...
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Yamahako »

I think that the idea of the set-up was AWESOME, with the second guessing and suspicion - but mafia was able to use that well to its advantage.

Were there TWO scum groups? Me not knowing about the other group, I think, made it too easy for me to act completely pro-town and track down scummy play. Also, given the fact that my first two "partners" were replaced for lurking, I think it was a bit too much like I was an SK.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:56 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i wasnt really a mason

when i asked quag about guranteed innocence he told me "no"

so i kinda suspected you all.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:32 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i wasnt really a mason

when i asked quag about guranteed innocence he told me "no"

so i kinda suspected you all.
That's kind of too bad, because the masonry was the town's only asset against 5 scumbags, and no guaranteed innocence... if we had guaranteed innocence, we could have stuck for each other, and maybe not claimed so early. It would have helped if we had been normal masons.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:58 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”