Mini 387: Suicide Bombers, GAME OVER (at last)!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Glork »

HackerHuck dies miserably.

He was a Townie.

Night falls yet again. Choices are due within 72 hours. Have fun!! :D
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Glork »

Day dawns... Kelly Chen looks at each player in turn, counting her own actions. Indeed, each living player other than her has a bomb placed on them. As the sun rises, Kelly creates some spectacular light of her own.

Jack, Townie; inHimshallibe, Townie; theopor_COD, Distraction; and Save The Dragons, Defuser bombed to death at the start of Day Seven.

Kelly Chen, Blue Bomber
ubertimmy, Red Bomber
, and
molestargazer, Yellow Bomber
win!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I am floored that
1. MSG didn't have a partner?? I was partners with UT and when MSG died I assumed it was symmetrical.
2. There was another power role in STD, with an ability that could have thoroughly screwed over the bombers as far as I can see. I was already annoyed if theopor_COD's role was actually real.

UT and I could place one bomb every night or detonate those already placed.

My bomb placement history:
n1: pablito
n2: Brutal Assassin
n3: HackerHuck
n4: theopor_COD
n5: STD
n6: Jack

I didn't get around to bombing Twito, and reportedly Korejora would've voted me, so Twito's survival would've been a big problem.

On the last night I was extremely afraid of theopor_COD targeting me. I felt that last day may've confirmed a number of people. I tried to grill Glork about the effect of a bomb that may be on me, what happens in a final two situation, and whether detonation of bombs would be susceptible to a roleblock. I was trying to decide whether the risk of being blocked was great enough that it might be worth gambling on detonating my bombs. Ultimately I decided there was too great a risk of killing myself in the process, and that if anyone had ever blocked me in the past then the game was probably lost anyway. (And if blocks stopped detonation then my move was irrelevant anyway.)

I can't believe I was all alone when MSG died. I put so much thought into who I bombed, trying to guess who my partner might've bombed, and who might
be
my partner.

I really thought HackerHuck would come up scum yesterday. I was a little worried that if my "partner" died, I'd get killed by a bomb placed on me. But it seemed unlikely that Huck would've put a bomb on me.

(In the past I have thought that Jack and BA showed real potential to be my scum partner. I had little reason to be suspicious of other players. That's not to say I thought anyone was particularly town other than Twito and sometimes pablito.)

This game clearly sucked to be in towards the end, but for the record, for a long time this was by far my favorite game that I was in.

(I'm 3/3 for winning as scum in Town of Suspicion replacement gigs btw.)

Thanks backup mod. Thanks to everybody else, too... Hopefully you don't regard this win as
too
cheap...
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:21 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Oh dear.

What with Blagho claiming scum and Twito then posting his role PM, I'm slightly annoyed at the way the game ended . . . however props to Kelly Chen aside from the first few pages pre Timmy lynch I felt she was as pro-town as anyone I guess if Mole wasn't on your team that helped.

Still at least it's over, thanks to all and yeh Jack/HH/InHim I should have listened to you.
Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Brutal Assassin »

Eh, congrats KC.

Don't approve of a) Posting role PMs nor b) False-claiming scum.

Really make these games stupid. After Blahgo did that, I really didn't want to keep on playing this game anymore, sorry :(

As far as the gametype, not sure what to think of it. It really left you in the dark as to what was going on behind the scenes. Appearantly even the scum had no clue what was going on. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing tho.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

*smacks forehead*

yeah.

*starts to be more suspicious of Kelly from now on*

Thanks, Glork, for picking up the pieces.

This game sure confused the hell out of me until the end.

Do you have role choices? In particular, mine? Cuz I'd like to see what exactly I did if anything.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Glork »

Unfortunately, I lost all role choice histories when my computer had its meltdown in May. I did remember who had bombs still placed on them, though. StD, you had managed to remove one bomb from somebody... possibly one from a second player. However, you got roleblocked by Theo twice, I believe, and the people whom you had protected against were already dead via lynchings.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Jack »

I need to work on being more convincing.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I fucking called that shit.

Why do I only know who the scum are in games I get lynched?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Zomg my top two were the 2 remaining scum. I forfeit life.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Although you said your case against me was mainly OMGUS.

Otherwise I would be puzzled because I think my case against you was the most legit-seeming one I made. Until late D2 I thought you actually would come up scum, whereas I didn't especially believe in the cases against MSG or CD for instance.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I have to admit, I wasn't all too sure that Kelly was the last bomber. I must admit that things got a bit painful near the end and I'm really disappointed that both Blahgo and Twito ruined things a bit - although I'm not sure that they hurt the town all that much. Thanks for finishing things up for us Glork and thanks to Mike for the interesting theme!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I think Twito and blahgo's plays were both probably crucial. Twito or Korejora both probably would have voted me D6. And if I'm doing my deductions right, STD probably removed my bomb on pablito. Meaning that if blahgo hadn't gotten lynched, I would never have realized the problem until I expected the game to end and it didn't.

I'm really unhappy with that aspect of the setup. To realize a defuser is out there undoing your bombs, he's either got to claim his nightmoves, or scum have to detonate instead of placing on some night. But detonating:
1. sacrifices an opportunity to place a new bomb
2. kills townies who then are no longer lynch possibilities, making it harder to hide at day
3. can kill other scum and even yourself!

So I never seriously considered detonating prior to endgame. I think it's a very desperate move, too risky even if you knew there was a defuser and a blocker out there.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 am

Post by pablito »

Yeah, if I was able to stick with the game, KC wouldn't have won. I would always keep going back to her like I did during most of my stint in the game. There was always the way that she nonchalantly brushed off my suspicions on her that made me think twice. I had trouble deciphering if it was a classic KC move or not especially since I have almost never suspected her in games I play with her. I think this was the first game I have ever gone on the offensive with her. I admire how she stuck to it especially after the other two bombers went 1-2.

I do regret pushing c_d too hard towards lynch in this game though. That was a big mistake. Also a big mistake was the town failing to lynch D4.

As for setup, I kept thinking that all vanilla was balanced while I was in the game. I truly thought there were no power roles when I was in the game.
Sup, later.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:20 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Yeah, the accidental no-lynch probably helped in getting me lynched, but Jack was also one of the ones pushing for Kelly, so I think it may have been irrelevent.

I think the setup was actually pretty well balanced, but the town got really lucky with the first two lynches. I was having a lot of trouble reading most people, so I was only looking for anomalous behaviour, which led me to that brilliant case on Dead Riki. :razz:
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

But scum got really lucky with a false scum claim, a modkill, and the fact that the defuser was either blocked, or didn't submit moves, or at least not on people who survived through D6.

I think the scum's power to place bombs is outweighed by the defuser alone. They get two bomb placements, but they can't split the work down the middle, and can even bomb each other. The defuser undoes a piece every night, and even if scum know he's out there, they have no clue what he's doing. They could take two nights to place a bomb on him and then detonate, but this risks scum death in the process.

It's not clear than on average the scum should make any progress at night.

Honestly, what should I have done if after placing a bomb on Jack, I hadn't won? My night moves after that would be practically random retaggings of the same people. And I can hardly win using lynches, since I'd have to get BOTH power roles lynched before the final two. I'd have no choice but to risk my own death and detonate the bombs, leaving some random selection of the players alive, and this is the result of a single successful defusing!

@pablito: "Nonchalantly brushing off suspicions" is good play IMHO no matter your alignment. Unless you think scum is after you, or someone is making a demonstrably false argument against you, I don't think you gain anything by arguing with other people's suspicions of you.

For most of the game I believed the setup was 2:2:8 vanilla and I did believe that was reasonable due to the ease with with scum could kill each other accidentally.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by Korejora »

Damn, I was going to vote for KC too.

I don't really have much else to add since I didn't participate besides reading.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”