Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by Thesp »

IH wrote:Mostly I was saying what a gamble it would be. True he could be town, but I find this more scummy. I was personally surprised anyone really gave to much support to it. Which mostly leads me to believe that the initial supporters (perhaps the first few) could be scum buddys with him.
That's quite a wide swath you're cutting with very little justification.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:26 pm

Post by IH »

Of course I said could, and not certainly. If Pooky is scum, and people see they won't be jumped for accepting their proposal, then I say it would be more likely to be accepted.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Relyte
Relyte
Goon
Relyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:14 pm

Post by Relyte »

IH wrote:
I'm not sure what you're asserting, if anything, here. Most of this post is fluff and not really helpful/contributive. Mr Stoofer has been far more helpful/useful.
Please excuse what will be later on called, "WIFOM." But if I was scum, would I really make a stupid decision and say, "I'm allied with Pooky 4 Life."

I've already said, Pooky is not a leader to me but an influential figure.

Please do not try and twist our words to get someone lynched. I don't think most scum is THAT stupid, allying with other scum early in game.

Unvote
Vote: IH
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Thesp really isn't making much sense, and he definitely isn't helping with his one-word answers.
Thesp: Why are you convinced Pooky is town?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:56 pm

Post by Patrick »

Relyte that quote you attributed to IH was actually said by Thesp.
Relyte wrote:Please excuse what will be later on called, "WIFOM." But if I was scum, would I really make a stupid decision and say, "I'm allied with Pooky 4 Life."

I've already said, Pooky is not a leader to me but an influential figure.

Please do not try and twist our words to get someone lynched. I don't think most scum is THAT stupid, allying with other scum early in game.
Ok so first part you say that scum wouldn't ally themselves with Pooky on this. Third part you say essentially the same thing but replacing Pooky with 'other scum'. Interesting.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Relyte
Relyte
Goon
Relyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:29 pm

Post by Relyte »

By other scum, I mean this in a universal sense. You expected me to say, "Thesp and I would ally with Pooky this early in the game."?

Or "Scum would ally with Pooky this early in the game."?

Either one makes me look scummy. The one I posted was best IMHO.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:45 pm

Post by Patrick »

So you're saying that in the third part you meant that scum wouldn't ally themselves to their scumbuddies? It seems odd; first you're talking about Pooky, then suddenly switching to say that scum won't ally with scumbuddies. Maybe you just phrased it awkwardly. But it came off to me sounding as though you know pooky to be scum.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by IH »

I'm saying that Pooky and Thesp are ballsy enough to do it.

So far, both Relyte and Thesp have objected to that idea. is my logic off that much, did I hit the nail on the head, or perhaps I'm reading into this wrong...

What does everyone else think of my logic?
Relyte
Relyte
Goon
Relyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:19 pm

Post by Relyte »

Patrick wrote:So you're saying that in the third part you meant that scum wouldn't ally themselves to their scumbuddies? It seems odd; first you're talking about Pooky, then suddenly switching to say that scum won't ally with scumbuddies. Maybe you just phrased it awkwardly. But it came off to me sounding as though you know pooky to be scum.
You are accusing me of being scum. I never said they won't, but allying with them proves rather easy for Pro-Town in later parts of the game.

and It was phrased awkwardly a bit, I did write it though, so I must have known what I was talking about though. What I meant to say is, that most scum would distance rather than ally. (WIFOM, I know.) I am comparing our situation to the game. Now, I'm not saying we are Mafia, I'm comparing it to the game. Most scum does not ally with other scum. If Thesp and I, and whoever else said, yes (Which I've already defended myself.) are allied with Pooky does that make us scum? No. Lynch me and find out.

What's the big deal? Pooky proposed being leader, some of us said yes, that doesn't mean our leader is a good guy. Was Napoleon a good guy? He took over countries, killed men. He was a good guy in a sense, he helped out France, but he was a bad guy at the same time.

It's not like Pooky will not be considered as scum. I'm willing to lynch Pooky as much as the rest of you. It's not like as a leader he'll be hard to find out. If we keep lynching Pro-Town players, duh.

I'm sick of you guys pointing fingers at us just because you need victims to point fingers at.

Which is why I keep my vote on IH. You, Patrick, and Vitamin are too suspicious. Pooky asked us questions. Including whether he doesn't mind him being a "leader" per se.

I can only make one side happy. The accusers or the accused.

Either Pooky will be against me, or you three will.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:41 pm

Post by Patrick »

Wow.
Relyte wrote:What's the big deal? Pooky proposed being leader, some of us said yes, that doesn't mean our leader is a good guy. Was Napoleon a good guy? He took over countries, killed men. He was a good guy in a sense, he helped out France, but he was a bad guy at the same time.
What's the big deal? If our leader is scum, you don't see that as a problem? Sheesh. How is Napoleon relevant to this?
Relyte wrote:It's not like Pooky will not be considered as scum. I'm willing to lynch Pooky as much as the rest of you. It's not like as a leader he'll be hard to find out. If we keep lynching Pro-Town players, duh.
I'm not going to call this scummy. But it's very shortsighted.
Relyte wrote:I'm sick of you guys pointing fingers at us just because you need victims to point fingers at.
My heart bleeds for you. Why can't we just have a world where nobody needs to accuse anyone? Then nobody needs to get worked up at all. In reality, I see something odd or scummy, I point it out. Simple. Not because I 'need' targets.
Relyte wrote:Which is why I keep my vote on IH. You, Patrick, and Vitamin are too suspicious. Pooky asked us questions. Including whether he doesn't mind him being a "leader" per se.
Firstly I don't know why me, IH and vitamin are getting grouped together. Secondly why are we scummy? Do you think that ppl who disagree with you on Pooky's suggestion are scummy?
Relyte
Relyte
Goon
Relyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:55 pm

Post by Relyte »

Patrick wrote:Wow.
Relyte wrote:What's the big deal? Pooky proposed being leader, some of us said yes, that doesn't mean our leader is a good guy. Was Napoleon a good guy? He took over countries, killed men. He was a good guy in a sense, he helped out France, but he was a bad guy at the same time.
What's the big deal? If our leader is scum, you don't see that as a problem? Sheesh. How is Napoleon relevant to this?
Relyte wrote:It's not like Pooky will not be considered as scum. I'm willing to lynch Pooky as much as the rest of you. It's not like as a leader he'll be hard to find out. If we keep lynching Pro-Town players, duh.
I'm not going to call this scummy. But it's very shortsighted.
Relyte wrote:I'm sick of you guys pointing fingers at us just because you need victims to point fingers at.
My heart bleeds for you. Why can't we just have a world where nobody needs to accuse anyone? Then nobody needs to get worked up at all. In reality, I see something odd or scummy, I point it out. Simple. Not because I 'need' targets.
Relyte wrote:Which is why I keep my vote on IH. You, Patrick, and Vitamin are too suspicious. Pooky asked us questions. Including whether he doesn't mind him being a "leader" per se.
Firstly I don't know why me, IH and vitamin are getting grouped together. Secondly why are we scummy? Do you think that ppl who disagree with you on Pooky's suggestion are scummy?
Are you just assuming that I want him as leader? As you'll see I said before, I am only taking his knowledge into mind, just let him say he's leader, let him be happy. As for Napoleon... lots of schoolwork lately... eh...

AS for the shortsighted part. Well, I'm sorry that I write my posts in five minutes, I think it's common sense that we lynch Pooky if he's scummy. Need I elaborate?

Fine, fine. You don't need targets, but everytime I defend myself, I get attacked more. What do you want from me?

I'm grouping you three together because you're all paranoid and act 90+% sure Thesp, Pooky, or I are scum, all because we grouped together by saying, "Pooky will be 'okay' as leader." Thesp and Pooky, kind of a little more supportive, but at least that's what I said.

No, I am not OMGUS voting, I truly think IH is scummy. You want proof?

Let me know.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:14 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

IH wrote:I'm saying that Pooky and Thesp are ballsy enough to do it.
QFT. A further reason for my vote on Thesp.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Relyte, the shortsighted comment was because you said that if we made a Pookyscum our leader, he would be easy to spot because he keeps killing townies. The fact is, giving scum control of the game is never a good idea. It would let him choose when to bus a scumbuddy or two to look good, and when to kill a townie is such a way that looks reasonable. In short, we would be letting scum set the agenda. Bad.
Relyte wrote:I'm grouping you three together because you're all paranoid and act 90+% sure Thesp, Pooky, or I are scum, all because we grouped together by saying, "Pooky will be 'okay' as leader." Thesp and Pooky, kind of a little more supportive, but at least that's what I said.
Where did you pull that figure from? When did I say I'm sure that Thesp is scum with pooky? I'm asking him to give a straight answer and until he does I'm leaving my vote on him.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

FWIW, I don't think Pooky's proposal tells us one way or another whether he is scum. It's just the sort of thing he would do whether town or scum. What is of more interest, IMHO, is people's reactions to the proposal.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:57 am

Post by Patrick »

Mr Stoofer wrote:FWIW, I don't think Pooky's proposal tells us one way or another whether he is scum. It's just the sort of thing he would do whether town or scum. What is of more interest, IMHO, is people's reactions to the proposal.
This is what I've been saying, except I actually don't know what FWIW stands for.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:43 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Vote Count

thesp: 3 (nightfall, mr stoofer, patrick)
ripley: 1 (cephrir)
pooky: 2 (IH, jl2704)
vitaminR: 1 (BMQ)
relyte: 1 (vitaminR)
IH: 1 (relyte)
7 to lynch.
Blank.
jl2704
jl2704
Townie
jl2704
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:25 am

Post by jl2704 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:FWIW, I don't think Pooky's proposal tells us one way or another whether he is scum. It's just the sort of thing he would do whether town or scum. What is of more interest, IMHO, is people's reactions to the proposal.

Agreed. Unfortunately, if we are to progress in the game, someone has to be killed for further analysis. Obviously, I don't want to lynch myself, and it is also the case that Thesp is leading the votes with 3. This vote is not a vote on scummage per se, but more of achieving progression instead of deadlocking the vote.
jl2704
jl2704
Townie
jl2704
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:27 am

Post by jl2704 »

Vote: Thesp
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:33 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Well that makes things a lot easier.
Unvote Thesp, Vote: jl2704
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by IH »

It's not like Pooky will not be considered as scum. I'm willing to lynch Pooky as much as the rest of you. It's not like as a leader he'll be hard to find out. If we keep lynching Pro-Town players, duh.
So if he lynches some scum, will he be very pro town in your eyes?
Why are you wanting to make people happy. Shouldn't you be trying to find scum instead?
No, I am not OMGUS voting, I truly think IH is scummy. You want proof?
Yes.
Agreed. Unfortunately, if we are to progress in the game, someone has to be killed for further analysis. Obviously, I don't want to lynch myself, and it is also the case that Thesp is leading the votes with 3. This vote is not a vote on scummage per se, but more of achieving progression instead of deadlocking the vote.
A vote just for a lynch to progress things? Eh, I say it's a bad idea, and looks like you're pressing for a lynch of any kind.

unvote, Vote:jl2704

I think since you suggested it, then you should be the one to help us progress.
Relyte
Relyte
Goon
Relyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:41 pm

Post by Relyte »

IH wrote:
So if he lynches some scum, will he be very pro town in your eyes?
Why are you wanting to make people happy. Shouldn't you be trying to find scum instead?
This is what I'm talking about, you attack me for every single little thing.

If I don't believe the same thing as you, you'll suspect me, and vice versa.

Anyone can sell out their scum buddies, it's called distancing my friend.
jl2704
jl2704
Townie
jl2704
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by jl2704 »

Wait, does this mean IH is distancing himself from Relyte? I take suspect the initiator more than I would suspect the victim.

Vote: IH
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Patrick »

I agree that IH was stretching with that point about making ppl happy. jl2704's play doesn't make much sense to me so far. jl what is your experience? You played anywhere before this?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Post by IH »

I was actually surprised nobody else saw it myself. Seriously, why does he want to make one side happy? I don't consider that a little thing.

I don't consider Relinquishing the responsibility to find scum a little thing.

This confused me.
Anyone can sell out their scum buddies, it's called distancing my friend.
It may be distancing, but it's still the oppisite side of the coin. If he only lynches protown players then he becomes scum.

If he lynches scum does he become protown?

Before accepting his proposal, did you really think it was that black and white was what I was trying to get across.

Also, still waiting for that proof.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Patrick »

I was actually surprised nobody else saw it myself. Seriously, why does he want to make one side happy? I don't consider that a little thing.
It just sounded like a figure of speech to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”