Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:43 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
You'd better hope I become King soon, then. I'm not afraid of the big bad vote. If the King decides to execute me, so be it. I don't need votes to tell you who's scum, and I'm certainly not going to conform to anyone's wishes but my own. If you have a problem with it, I guess it sucks to be you.

Can you actually make any kind of argument why you not voting is helpful to the town?

And I don't know why you're assuming the opinion of the people who don't like your "plan" to never vote is meaningless. For one thing, our current king has already said he is going to take votes into account when making a list of people he'd consider executing. For another, making multiple people wonder why you're acting in an apparently anti-town way is bad because you never know who will be king tommorow.
Nope. It's not antitown, either. It's just how I feel. And I don't feel like voting. Also, I'm not assuming that your opinion is meaningless, I just
don't
care
. For those of you skimmers who use votes to keep track of shit, then you can assume that I find no one scummy, if it makes you happy. If you want to know who I think is scum, you'll actually have to read my posts. If you want a quick reference of what I thought, take notes on what I say. It'll be better for you in the end.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:54 am

Post by Thok »

ShadowLurker wrote:Although that was a joke, I would just like to say we should ALWAYS give the King the benefit of the doubt or else, this day won't be productive at all.

So for now, assume PJ is town and his intentions are good so we won't get sidetracked.
It's not as if anybody will be king permanently. If you think there's evidence that a king is scum, you should point it out for town to consider on future days.

(It's also conceivable that putting pressure on a scum king might force him into making a suboptimal execution.)

I think this warrants an
FOS Shaodwlurker
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:03 pm

Post by Twomz »

MoS, the big red letters and repeated bringing up of your post was meant to counteract that happening. You will be watched if I have anything to say about it... so be forewarned *shakes finger*.

Shadowlurker... try not to assume anything in mafia. But, even if the king is scum, there's nothing he can do except try to hurt the town, or hide himself under the position.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:26 pm

Post by Vaughn »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
PJ wrote:It's actually kinda nice knowing the strategies scum will probably try in this game, because I already spent last game trying to think of them. It's pretty interesting being on the other side of the fence this time, I will be curious to see the strategies scum try to use after the game is over.
Good stuff. I 95% believe your sincerity in making that statement. I 5% think you should be strapped to a lightning rod and tasered for trying to subtly brainwash us into thinking you're town.
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that.
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Twomz wrote:MoS, the big red letters and repeated bringing up of your post was meant to counteract that happening. You will be watched if I have anything to say about it... so be forewarned *shakes finger*.

Shadowlurker... try not to assume anything in mafia. But, even if the king is scum, there's nothing he can do except try to hurt the town, or hide himself under the position.
So basically, you admit to contradicting yourself but you don't care. Got it.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Thok »

In defense of MOS, his position on voting was essentially that of Fuldu in Kingmaker I. (Of course, that position got Fuldu in trouble also.) As long as he actually does his homework of saying who he finds suspicious and gives reasons for those suspicions, I don't quite mind him not voting; I'll only hold it against him if he does start lurking and stops provide helpful content.

I mean, I would prefer it if MOS made votes, built cases, caught scum, and generally did constructive things to help clarify the game to town. And such behavior is also a good example to others in the game; posting votes and generally being active will encourage people to participate, which is a fairly big concern in this setup.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Thok wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:Although that was a joke, I would just like to say we should ALWAYS give the King the benefit of the doubt or else, this day won't be productive at all.

So for now, assume PJ is town and his intentions are good so we won't get sidetracked.
It's not as if anybody will be king permanently. If you think there's evidence that a king is scum, you should point it out for town to consider on future days.

(It's also conceivable that putting pressure on a scum king might force him into making a suboptimal execution.)

I think this warrants an
FOS Shaodwlurker
Yeah, I'm sure we'll get tons done in the day arguing whether over the current King is scum or not.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:00 pm

Thok, you should fix your siggy. You need quotes around hiab's name.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Thok »

ShadowLurker wrote:Yeah, I'm sure we'll get tons done in the day arguing whether over the current King is scum or not.
Any day where the King is scum is likely a lost day anyways. In that case you might as well point out why he is scum; maybe you can convince town to have such a scum test a hero claim or try to execute a likely partner.

Vikingfan may want to clarify this, but from my point of view part of the reason town won Kingmaker I is because I was willing to attack broomhead the second time he was king.

I mean, as of right now PJ is solidly in my protown list. But that's because I agree with his posting; I'm not going to give him a free pass just because he's the king.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:05 pm

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Thok, you should fix your siggy. You need quotes around hiab's name.
It's deliberate. If I actually put the quotes there, then I just get a sentence (and no quote box or reference to hiab, since quote boxes are disabled in sigs). I really should just put hiab's name at the end of the sentence and no quote tags at all, but I prefer this style.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Vaughn wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
PJ wrote:It's actually kinda nice knowing the strategies scum will probably try in this game, because I already spent last game trying to think of them. It's pretty interesting being on the other side of the fence this time, I will be curious to see the strategies scum try to use after the game is over.
Good stuff. I 95% believe your sincerity in making that statement. I 5% think you should be strapped to a lightning rod and tasered for trying to subtly brainwash us into thinking you're town.
My sentiments precisely.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Ameliaslay wrote:
Vaughn wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
My sentiments precisely.
Glad I saw you two trying to play MBL's 5% into something a little bigger than that by reinforcing the idea in everyone's minds.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Yeah, I was trying to say I believed PJ's sincerity. I'm guessing he's town. Interesting follow-up attacks off my comments.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:55 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Greetings citizens. Since this is the first Kingmaker game for most of you, let me introduce our different-style
Vote Count
system. It uses the following format:

Your Name (Number of People Voting For You): Who You Are Voting For

The King is always at the top of the list, then goes down alphabetically. People who you are voting for are listed in the order you voted for them. Please unvote if you no longer find someone suspicious. If the King suspects you, the number of people voting for you will include an asterisk. If half of the people in the town (or more) are voting for you, your name will be bolded.

*King petroleumjelly* (1): Bird1111, Vaughn, cardb0ardb0x

Ameliaslay (0):
bird1111 (4*):
cardb0ardb0x (6*):
ChannelDelibird (2): cardb0ardb0x
CrashTextDummie: Glork, pablito, bird1111
Dead Rikimaru (0):
Fritzler (1):
Glork (1): PetroleumJelly, pablito, MrBuddyLee
Machiavellian-Mafia (0): pablito
Mastermind of Sin (2):
Mert (0): cardb0ardb0x, Mastermind of Sin, bird1111
MrBuddyLee (3): cardb0ardb0x
pablito (5): bird1111, MrBuddyLee, ChannelDelibird
Phoebus (0):
PookyTheMagicalBear (0):
ShadowLurker (0): cardb0ardb0x, Pablito, Twomz
spectrumvoid (0):
Thok (0): Fritzler
Twomz (1): Yosarian2, cardb0ardb0x
UberTimmy: ChannelDelibird
Vaughn (1*):
vikingfan (0): pablito
Yosarian2 (1): Mastermind of Sin

I have prodded Phoebus, who is the only player who has not posted so far.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Although that was a joke, I would just like to say we should ALWAYS give the King the benefit of the doubt or else, this day won't be productive at all.

Happy with all of my votes atm.
Eh? Why would we "assume" anything like that?

I mean, it's obveously futile to bandwagon the king today, but if you think the king does something scummy you should say so. The king is just likely to be scum as anyone else.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: Nope. It's not antitown, either. It's just how I feel. And I don't feel like voting. Also, I'm not assuming that your opinion is meaningless, I just
don't
care
. For those of you skimmers who use votes to keep track of shit, then you can assume that I find no one scummy, if it makes you happy. If you want to know who I think is scum, you'll actually have to read my posts. If you want a quick reference of what I thought, take notes on what I say. It'll be better for you in the end.
Yes, we can keep track of what you have said without you voting, but it will be harder, and it'll be harder to tell when something was a big deal to you and when you were just making observations. In any case, it'd be damn hard for a king to figure out what the town is thinking without people voting. Let's say you say "Yos is looking scummy", then 5 pages later say "Glork is looking scummy", then later you say "Ameliaslay, you just misrepresented Yosarian". Now think of everyone in the town saying things like that but not voting. Do you really think any king would be able to get an idea of what the town in general thought? Would anyone really feel the need to defend themself?

Voting costs the town nothing, and it gives all kinds of useful information that will help us catch scum. Therefore, voting is a pro-town action.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:21 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Box. I'm not buying the newbieness. Playing on emotion is a scum-tell. Claiming when not under pressure is a scum-tell. Giving up is a scum-tell.
vote: cardb0ardb0x.

MMOS: no one is asking for you to conform to anybody. All we're asking is for you to vote. If you don't use your vote, we won't know what we're thinking. If you don't care, why the heck are you playing mafia? And why do we have to take notes on what you say? Pro-town players should make an effort to help the town obviously.

FOS: Ameliaslay and Vaughn for trying to overplay what MBL said about PJ.

I meant that I won't comment on the differences between the previous game and this one since I wasn't in it.
Blank.
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:29 pm

Post by Vaughn »

Well, I did find it a bit out of place for PJ to suddenly mention that he was scum last time, and how he's so "glad" that he's "on the other side" this time. Just irked me as funny.

We don't know the alignment of our King. We know PJ to be a player of calibre, but that doesn't make him any less likely to be scum.
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Post by Glork »

All I'm hearing from PJ is "I was scum last game, but not this time."

Why isn't PJ dead yet?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Glork »

OMGUS VOTE: CRASHTEXTDUMMIE
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

vote: Glork
for clowning when there's so much to analyze.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Post by ubertimmy »

vote: MrBuddyLee
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 pm

Post by pablito »

unvote: ChannelDelibird
I found that last response to be adequate.

As for cardboardbox, I would hope that he can at least own up to his actions or find a defense that doesn't involve either: "I was told to do it" or "look at post 84". So far it's very aggravating to see his defenses especially after trying to defend him.

His defenses are weak, but I still can't be convinced that he's scum.
Sup, later.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:33 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, I reread cb0x's posts and the reactions to his posts about five times, and I dunno. He's striking me as townie, even though he was scummy with his logic for his votes and analyses on players. As has been mentioned, this is almost
eerily
reminescent of RandomActs in the original game (although cb0x at least has not threatened the town with being a power role).

Cb0x, have you read the original Kingmaker? I am interested to know.

Normally, I don't care for such WIFOM comments as:
cb0x wrote:Please just realize I'm just playing like an idiot. A scum probably wouldn't say something blatantly false, for whatever reasons.
But bah. I'm not so quick to dismiss such statements on that basis alone. The thing with WIFOM statements is that they are often founded in a grain of truth. Why
would
scum offer themselves to be lynched on Day One, even newbie scum so readily? In my experience, players usually don't give up so quickly unless they are town-aligned or self-aligned: being mafia aligned often gives players an incentive to not let their team down. His actions, as scum, are just not making sense mentally. I am definitely getting a "townie giving-up" vibe at the moment.
cb0x wrote:fine. lynch me. if, after you lynch me, i'm a townie, just please, like, examine mrbuddylee. he's kind of obnoxious. if town wins, i'll count it as a win for me even if i'm lynched in the first round.
I've seen a few townie melt-downs and a few scum melt-downs like this in my day, but the self-righteousness (not the exact feeling I mean, but that's the closest word I can think of) jives with me.

Unvote: Cardb0ardb0x
for now, and
Unvote: Vaughn
, I might have been reading your opening post too literally. Cb0x, please continue to give your suspicions and keep voting throughout the game. If you are suspicious of somebody, I want to know who, why, and I would like to be able to look over your votes later in the game so I can determine what you were thinking as the game progressed.

MoS, although I suppose I am forced to respect your right not to vote, you need to realize that (however subconscious it is) I tend to listen to arguments and cases against players more when the player making the case actually
votes
. Votes tend to signify a certain confidence. If you make a case and don't vote, the feeling I come away with is "well, that's a fair case, but apparently not strong enough to base a vote on", and it implicitly makes me think the argument is weaker, since the person making the argument must not fully believe what they're saying. Votes create action, action creates discussion, discussion finds scum. Simply discussing, although nice from a philosophical standpoint, gets nowhere unless there are votes for pressure. I don't think refusing to vote is indicative of being town or scum (as shown by Fuldu in Kingmaker I), but it
does
make you significantly less helpful than other players, which could be a deciding factor on whether or not you are executed later in the game.

Do you have a
reason
which explains why not voting is
better
than voting? If not, I don't see how you can consistently try to uphold such a strategy.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:24 pm

Post by Glork »

OMGUS Vote: MBL
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!