Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:44 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

Please add a "for" in the last sentence, after reason and before casting.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Vote Count:

Mert- 2 (Lowell, Twomz)
Elias_the_thief- 1 (omg_im_innocent_wtf)
omg_im_innocent_wtf- 1 (Cogito Ergo Sum)
Pink Princess- 1 (Arafax)
Rosso Carne- 1 (bloojay)
Twomz- 1 (Colonel Kurtz)

Not voting (5): Elias_the_thief, Mert, Pink Princess, Random Acts, Rosso Carne

7 to lynch.

Lowell and Rosso have been prodded.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Twomz wrote:I know why you and RA unvoted Omg, you both did it for good reasons i suppose... but the timing of it just feels wrong, so I voted for you. *shrug*
The timing of my unvote was pretty simple. My vote was a random vote to begin with, and it started to turn into a bandwagon when OMG began stirring up attention. He got up to 4 votes, more than halfway to a lynch. Not wishing to be part of an early lynch, especially with a random vote, I unvoted.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by Twomz »

There's a difference between lurking, and active lurking. Although, the difference is more apparent on scumchat than forum mafia.

Colonel, I do randomly vote people past day one. I don't like JUST attacking scummy people because that means clever scum can slip through the cracks. I try to be suspicious of everyone I don't think is definately town. So, I change my vote around a lot. Rarely does it lead to a lynch, so it can't be that harmful, but sometimes someones response to it can be good evidence later on (like if you turn up scum, there's a good chance you're trying to defend mert, so that's a 2 fer 1 deal). Besides, i said it wasn't random, it was on a gut feeling, so you're point isn't that valid anyway.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:22 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

mert, first up, off topic: thanks. i was kinda disappointed initially with the lack of involvement in this game but its starting to get real good now, very nice analysis there. im gonna enjoy playing this with you regardless of which side you are on

ok now on to the rebuttals =P

first up, to your first point
Random vote: Random Acts - just seems to roll off the tongue...
this is over friendly imo.

you had to point out that it was random (not wanting to draw attention), and then tried to leave a little joke in there as well.... it just feels off to me. i came in and saw this as the most suspicious post so voted for you.
Haha, I've been meaning to change it, actually. It just happened to be the first image I found on my hard drive that was correctly sized. One day I'll get around to Photoshopping something new and exciting, I promise.
this drips with mafia imo. someone votes for you and you start of with a laugh, then keep the whole tone of the post positive, finishing with a promise that you are going to do something for the person that voted for you (lowell). no talk of a revenge vote, no attack or analysis whatsoever, avoiding me who was also voting for you. this is just a feel thing, this seems so off, its such a 'i wanna fit in and be nice' post. if this is just how you are then of course i could be wrong.

but this brings me to your second point.

"minor contradiction" ??? what? nice way to throw that buzzword in when it has absolutely no relevance.

i thought we were playing a game where the person with the most votes would be lynched after 24 hours. as such i tried to lead a lynching on the person i found most suspicious (you)... so a complete random didnt get lynched day 1. thats just how i roll

i dont know what WIFOM means so i cant address your third point, but we both know that whether or not i pointed it out, what i said there made sense. a mafia is so much less likely to lead a lynching like that.

on your and pink princesses reasons for going away. ive said what i have to say on that. feel free to disagree. the way you said it makes me think your more likely village. the way pp said it makes me think she is more likely mafia.
i swear im not mafia
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:19 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Twomz - that's a very interesting philosophy, I've never really heard anything like that.
unvote Twomz

Princess - you completely ignored my question, and I am very aware the lurking is a scumtell. However, on page three, I think it is perfectly reasonable to simply have nothing to say. If I were making that argument on day two or three, your response might have been warranted, but your little speech about how lurkers are scummy is tired, overused, and mostly unwarranted. Anyway, I'm done being a jerk, so I'd additionally like to say that I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'd like to apologize for making a disparaging comment about you being sick.
Load your program
I am your self
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:25 pm

Post by Mert »

Arafax wrote:I will certainly respond, but first please explain what you mean by "trying too hard to find scum?"
Well there are a few occasions (notably posts 24, 49, 54 and 69) have seemed like a bit of a stretch, often suspecting or voting for someone on fairly weak reasoning. Whether we're totally out of the random voting phase is open to debate but your posts have given the impression of being non-random (other than your random Twomz vote, natch).

If you knew who the town was it might be more difficult to come up with concrete reasons to move your vote around to them as, deep down, you'd know they weren't really suspicious. It's a vibe I get from your posts and it looks like you're
searching
for reasons to suspect someone.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by Mert »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:you had to point out that it was random (not wanting to draw attention), and then tried to leave a little joke in there as well.... it just feels off to me. i came in and saw this as the most suspicious post so voted for you.
Fair play to you but it's hardly uncommon for people to label their random votes as such and it's not unheard of to put a stupid reason as to why (see also: Colonel Kurtz's "I hate pink" comment).
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:this drips with mafia imo. someone votes
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:for you and you start of with a laugh, then keep the whole tone of the post positive, finishing with a promise that you are going to do something for the person that voted for you (lowell). no talk of a revenge vote, no attack or analysis whatsoever, avoiding me who was also voting for you.
Erm, I was relatively confident that it was only a random vote. Forgive me for not being that worried about it but it's not like he'd put up a 500 word analysis for me to argue against, is it?
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:"minor contradiction" ??? what? nice way to throw that buzzword in when it has absolutely no relevance.
Well you said sorry for not having checked the way the game was played and that you should have been more careful with your vote. The thing was, your vote was only the second on me and so it really wasn't that big a deal. What you were accused of was trying to get a Mertwagon going to give a quick lynch in Day One, something which only benefits scum.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:i thought we were playing a game where the person with the most votes would be lynched after 24 hours. as such i tried to lead a lynching on the person i found most suspicious (you)... so a complete random didnt get lynched day 1. thats just how i roll
Fair enough, but in a game that's not time-bound (at least not initially) it does look a little scummy to go after someone so quickly. As I said, a quick Day One benefits nobody but the Mafia.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:i dont know what WIFOM means so i cant address your third point, but we both know that whether or not i pointed it out, what i said there made sense. a mafia is so much less likely to lead a lynching like that.
I notice you also questioned "FOS" earlier. Why not take a look at the
Commonly Used Abbreviations Page
in the MafiaScum Wiki?
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:38 am

Post by Arafax »

Mert wrote: Well there are a few occasions (notably posts 24, 49, 54 and 69) have seemed like a bit of a stretch, often suspecting or voting for someone on fairly weak reasoning. Whether we're totally out of the random voting phase is open to debate but your posts have given the impression of being non-random (other than your random Twomz vote, natch).
I will vote for anyone who does anything that I deem as scummy; especially this early in the game...It gets conversation going, it's great to see what people's defense is, and there is also no fear of a lynch when I'm putting the 1st or 2nd vote on someone.
omg... wrote: this is over friendly imo.

you had to point out that it was random (not wanting to draw attention), and then tried to leave a little joke in there as well
Am I understanding you correctly?...You think that Mert's post is scummy because he said that it was a random vote and he followed it up with a joke?
omg... wrote: this drips with mafia imo. someone votes for you and you start of with a laugh, then keep the whole tone of the post positive, finishing with a promise that you are going to do something for the person that voted for you (lowell). no talk of a revenge vote, no attack or analysis whatsoever, avoiding me who was also voting for you. this is just a feel thing, this seems so off, its such a 'i wanna fit in and be nice' post. if this is just how you are then of course i could be wrong.
Again, are you saying that Mert is scummy because he didn't come out and defend himself and demand to know why you were all voting for him?

IMO, this is craplogic...Unless, I am misunderstainding what you're saying...
FOS omg_wtf-im-innocent
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:11 am

Post by Pink Princess »

To Colonel: Sorry I didn't answer your question. I generally don't lurk, and I generally post even when I have nothing to say. I'm an overposter, to be truthful. So I've never really been in the nothing to say so I'm lurking situation. Logically, though, posting when called on lurking is the normal thing to do.
I went into the lurking diatribe because I wanted to be clear that I wasn't just throwing suspicion on you for no reason. I agree, at this phase in the game, lurking not necessarily a big whoop, and it doesn't always spell scum, but I always think intentional lurking is worth noting. I don't think it FoS or voteworthy, just worth notation.

Colonel wrote:so I'd additionally like to say that I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'd like to apologize for making a disparaging comment about you being sick.
That was nice. Thanks.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:56 am

Post by Lowell »

MIA lately. No reason, I guess I was just feeling overwhelmed by the grammar debates.

unvote, Vote Colonel Kurtz

Eh, Mert seems less guilty than he did earlier, when I thought he was overreacting to a few initial votes (btw it was me who justified the initial vote with "because his avatar scares me a little"). His defense seems more genuine at this point, or, if not, at least not the person most worthy of my vote.
Twomz - that's a very interesting philosophy, I've never really heard anything like that. unvote Twomz

...Anyway, I'm done being a jerk, so I'd additionally like to say that I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'd like to apologize for making a disparaging comment about you being sick
Kurtz, on the other hand, seems to be both lurking and sucking up (not to mention tormenting poor Congolese villagers). He got called out for lurking and then posted basically just to unvote for someone and apologize to someone else. I appreciate civility as much as the next guy, but in a game of social politics I'm also going to be somewhat skeptical.

(btw: yes, I'm aware that
I
was also accused of lurking... but for some reason I'm less suspicious of that...)
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:40 am

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Lowell- There's a difference between sucking up and genuinely feeling bad for saying something that was mean/uncalled for. And posting just to unvote someone? Oh noes! Yeah, that's definitely a scumtell right there...not holding onto a vote if the person gave a good explanation for why you thought they were scummy. You're digging in a place that doesn't make sense at all. I'm tempted to OMGUS vote you, but you're just doing the same thing I did to Twomz.
Load your program
I am your self
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:59 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

We need a bandwagon.
Unvote, vote: Colonel Kurtz
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:04 am

Post by Pink Princess »

I'm not really sure where I want my vote for now. I am leaning towards an omg vote, (for craplogic, a lot of WIFOM and some slight paranoia over votes) but a major weakness of mine is telling the difference between newbie and scum. I get those mixed up.
Lowell wrote:Kurtz, on the other hand, seems to be both lurking and sucking up <snip> (btw: yes, I'm aware that I was also accused of lurking... but for some reason I'm less suspicious of that...)
Uh? So you are voting someone for doing the same thing you were doing? I'm not really buying that as valid.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:10 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

ok, first of all, i was very disturbed by omg's post 79. you've taken a random vote, a perfectly normal thing in early stages of the game, and attempted to make it a scum tell. please tell me that was a joke. but that wasnt the end of it. after that, you accused mert of being scummy, because he realized that the vote had no serious meaning and answered lightheartedly. wtf?
im definately
vote: omg_im_innocent_wtf
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:13 am

Post by Arafax »

I love the participation here....I'm just waiting to see what omg has to say.

Ummm, Lowell....What is that crap logic?...You're voting for someone for lurking while you yourself admitted to lurking?...For that, you are second on my scum list behind omg_wtf_im_innocent.
- Emery
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:20 am

Post by bloojay »

OMG, what in the world? I wholeheartedly agree with elias here. You're trying to make irrational arguments as to why he is the mafia, and it really just mucks up the game.

Unvote Rosso, Vote omg_im_innocent_wtf

Also, ces...IGMEOY. You seem to be liking bandwagons a lot this game, which is a little odd to me.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by Arafax »

Mod
- Could we prod or replace Rosso? - Thanks!
- Emery
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:We need a bandwagon.
Unvote, vote: Colonel Kurtz
CES - better that bandwagons are started by scum so we can better identify them, or if not that, by their own volition due to the course of play. No need to clamor for a wagon, especially if the conversation is flowing. The justification for a wagon should arise without forcing it.

For instance, I think OMG is a good candidate for a wagon. He is definately overplaying. Yeah, as PP notes, it could be just being a newb, but even newbs can think things through a little, and I see very little of that in his posts. I don't see how he can be serious about his accusations. It could be bad play, too. And if that's the case, a little pressure might help him be more thorough in his thought process. So for now . . .

Vote omg_im_innocent_wtf
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

RandomActs wrote:Yeah, as PP notes, it could be just being a newb, but even newbs can think things through a little, and I see very little of that in his posts.
Good point. I guess bad play is bad play, newbie or not.

I'm interested to hear what omg has to say.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:13 pm

guys - im not accusing

im giving defense for my earlier push, seriously if you guys cant see why it would be crucial to lead a lynching in a 24hr day game then your insane....

note that im not even voting for mert atm?

please at least read ALL OF my posts in context...

damn

this is ridiculous

ill break it down simply.

i thought this was a TIMED GAME. as such at the end of 24/48 hrs, the person with the most votes dies.

i thought mert was acting the most like a mafioso

tried to push for a lynch.

also, i can role reveal at any point if requested. do not lynch me until i have the opportunity to do that.
i swear im not mafia
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:05 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Incorrect- this is not a timed game. days can go as long as necessary. I'm going to give Rosso one more day to pick up my prod and if not, I'm replacing him.
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by bloojay »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: i thought this was a TIMED GAME. as such at the end of 24/48 hrs, the person with the most votes dies.

i thought mert was acting the most like a mafioso

tried to push for a lynch.
Look OMG, that's all fine and dandy, but I'm not exactly sure how having a chain chomp for an avatar makes you scummy. You never really explained your vote for mert in terms other than "I think mert is scum", which is obviously not a good enough explanation for what could just be a quick off-the-cuff vote.

If you would like to roleclaim, i'd advise you do it soon to now.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:49 pm

ive already said that yes, i realise now that it isnt a timed game. which is why ive moved on.
You never really explained your vote for mert in terms other than "I think mert is scum"
scary. i never mentioned anything of that nature. ive given several paragraphs explaining my reasoning. which have been documented again and again in this thread. there have probably been 200+ words already spent on this subject.

at this point im relatively convinced you are scum bloo, but on the offchance you arent, please read my posts above. i could copy paste but i think it will just waste space in this thread.

**FOR CLARITY, READ THIS IF YOU IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE**

+++++ I thought this was a timed game. Which i now realise it is not. +++++

+++++ I tried to push for mert due to mafia type tells and due to the fact i thought we were playing a shorter game, my explanation for these tells has been well documented. +++++

i dont see how i can make this clearer. are people even reading my posts?
i swear im not mafia
Rosso Carne
Rosso Carne
[]=====
Rosso Carne
[]=====
[]=====

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by Rosso Carne »

so yeah, Rosso's back from band camp and such.

And, at this point, it's pretty clear arafax is scum. He's jumped on wagons extremely uncharactaristicly and seriously, baby needs to stayin this game. The attacks are really unfounded and assinine, but you try and throw craplogic out there anyway. That reeeeeeeeeally worries me, even this early.

vote:arafax
[13:31] glorktheinvader: and I was rocking this one guy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”